[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/12/2017  9:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Only person desperate for the trade to go through is Melo.... the keeping Melo will only be for another year. Her cab stay and play or sit at home in exile. Either way it doesn't hurt the Knicks. He'll opt out and we save 24 million. The Knicks will every single time on this deal.
I don't think he is desperate enough to go any place but Houston. He missed out on being a free agent with Wade and LBJ in 2010. I think he wants to make sure he doesn't miss out on playing with them again. I also think he would go to the Cavs if LBJ said he would stay. I think Houston or bust for Melo. I would love if he said he would go to Portland. A bidding war would be nice.

That's what I'm saying... he's desperate to go to Houston and take advantage of his last few good years. Problem is there is no trade that works for the Knicks. The Knicks aren't desperate to move Melo for reasons I stated above

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/12/2017  9:39 PM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Only person desperate for the trade to go through is Melo.... the keeping Melo will only be for another year. Her cab stay and play or sit at home in exile. Either way it doesn't hurt the Knicks. He'll opt out and we save 24 million. The Knicks will every single time on this deal.
I don't think he is desperate enough to go any place but Houston. He missed out on being a free agent with Wade and LBJ in 2010. I think he wants to make sure he doesn't miss out on playing with them again. I also think he would go to the Cavs if LBJ said he would stay. I think Houston or bust for Melo. I would love if he said he would go to Portland. A bidding war would be nice.

That's what I'm saying... he's desperate to go to Houston and take advantage of his last few good years. Problem is there is no trade that works for the Knicks. The Knicks aren't desperate to move Melo for reasons I stated above

I wonder f he stayed if he would opt out next summer I think there is speculation that Wade opted in this year but expects to be bought out.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

8/12/2017  10:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I wonder f he stayed if he would opt out next summer I think there is speculation that Wade opted in this year but expects to be bought out.
Good Question. I doubt anybody gives Melo big money if he opts out. Lets be honest even houston is looking at Melo as their third guy behind Harden and paul
CrushAlot
USA
8/12/2017  11:56 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Good Question. I doubt anybody gives Melo big money if he opts out. Lets be honest even houston is looking at Melo as their third guy behind Harden and paul

That role would be perfect for him. Just playing with a competent point guard ups his value so much. I think he would do fantastic there. Paul and Melo might be a bit tough for Dantoni but that team wins at least 55 games.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

8/13/2017  12:37 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I doubt anybody gives Melo big money if he opts out.

AAV is less critical at this point than length of contract.

Melo care about "branding" and marketing. Big ticket athletes in the US, one of the bigger ways to evaluate their "marketability" is in their "Q Rating"

Your Q Rating takes a hit once you retire. It's not just not being in the limelight anymore, but also you are not keeping access to the many contacts and interpersonal relationships that help foster your opportunities. If you have a ring when you retire, it's a plus for your Q rating, if you don't, it tends to work against you. Many former players shift into coaching or the sports media to try to stay relevant.

The "ideal" marketing scenario for Melo is he takes a much lower AAV, but for four years. This would equalize out a situation where he takes a front loaded two year deal, then end up ring chasing for like the Room Exception for two years. Essentially, the money would likely equalize out over the four years either way. The benefit to Melo is the security. If he gets hurt badly, he's covered. A lower AAV will also make it much easier to trade him to a contender if he wants to ring chase.

A ring is worth more to his "brand" than some incremental dollar value over the last two years of his career.

Q Rating is a bit complex at times. Joey Harrington of the Detroit Lions had an insane Q Rating. The Falcons got him and admittedly, it was a factor in getting him on the roster, even if he was a deficient QB. The catch? Harrington had the most appeal of any pro athlete in America to the adult gay male demographic. They'd tune in to just watch Harrington.

Reggie Bush had a spiked Q Rating, not just because of the Kardashian factor, but also because he was considered very good looking at that drew in brands, advertisers and the like, that he appealed to women. Female consumer purchasing power in this country is pretty robust. In most American households, the majority of consumer purchasing decisions is made by the wife.

Melo has no ring. He's not charismatic. He's actually a liability to his own "brand" whenever he speaks. He comes off as just another young entitled selfish athlete who seems harmless enough because at least he's not a wife beater or a murderer or a criminal. But those are a dime a dozen in the game.

If Leon Rose of CAA is doing his job and Melo actually listens, AAV isn't the biggest factor here, contract length is the biggest factor and skirting under the Over 38 Rule.

You are going to ask, what does this have to do with winning. It has NOTHING to do with winning. But since when did Melo make decisions based on trying to win? Winning is only going to matter to him if it's incidental to pushing his cologne. Or cell phones. Or umbrellas. Or hat store. Or whatever idiotic thing he thinks will mean more to his "brand" than winning. This is the sad part, if he just focused RELENTLESSLY on being the best player he could be and winning, all this branding and money crap would take care of itself in it's own time. Tom Brady cares about winning first. He might be a cheater. He might cheat on his wife. He might be deflating balls. He might have had a secret tryst with Aaron Hernandez and Gronk. But he knows the branding will take care of itself. Ten years after Brady retires, he could probably run for President and win.

Melo is dumb. Leon Rose is not. My guess is Rose understands what Melo needs to do for his "brand" more than a few more million on his last two years of his NBA career.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/23/2017  9:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/23/2017  9:47 PM
Maybe Gordon instead of Anderson gets it done..

http://www.inquisitr.com/4451794/nba-rumors-carmelo-anthony-to-rockets-nears-eric-gordon-as-main-trade-chip/

NBA RUMORS: CARMELO ANTHONY TO ROCKETS NEARS, ERIC GORDON AS MAIN TRADE CHIP

The New York Knicks already replaced Phil Jackson as the president of basketball operations, but the rumors swirling around Carmelo Anthony won’t stop. The 10-time NBA All-Star is seriously considering to leave the Knicks and see the Houston Rockets as a perfect trade destination. The latest rumors suggest that Anthony could be heading to Houston for a trade package centered on Eric Gordon.

Before the February trade deadline, former Knicks president Phil Jackson tried to move Carmelo Anthony. However, with a no-trade clause in his contract, the Knicks needed Anthony’s approval to make a deal with any team. The 2016-17 NBA season ended with Anthony still an official member of the Knicks.

To everyone’s surprise, Jackson was the first to leave the Knicks. The decision was made after the “Zen Master” made Kristaps Porzingis available on the trade market. The departure of Jackson didn’t have an effect on Anthony’s offseason plan at all. Several NBA teams have expressed interest in trading for Anthony but the All-Star forward has only one team on his mind. Fred Kerber of the New York Post revealed that Carmelo Anthony really wants to be traded to the Houston Rockets and team up with Chris Paul.

Sources maintain there has been little if any, movement on the Anthony trade front. He wants Houston. He would waive his no-trade clause to go there – along with a 15 percent trade kicker that would cost him roughly $8 million to go to the Rockets,” Kerber wrote.

Anthony and Paul are close friends and members of the infamous Banana Boat Crew. The Cleveland Cavaliers don’t look attractive for Anthony anymore since LeBron James is rumored to leave in 2018 when he becomes a free agent. Meanwhile, the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Portland Trail Blazers, who both expressed interest in acquiring him, don’t seem to be Anthony’s preferred trade destination.

As Kerber notes, the Rockets need to find a third team to facilitate a Carmelo Anthony deal. The Knicks aren’t interested in taking back Ryan Anderson and his expensive contract. Maurice Moton of Bleacher Report shared the same sentiment but believes that a deal can be executed if the Rockets offer a trade package centered on Eric Gordon.

Rockets trading Eric Gordon

Eric Gordon is the reigning Sixth Man of the Year. In 75 games last season, he averaged 16.2 points on 40.6 percent shooting from the field and 37.2 percent from beyond the arc. In order to strengthen their chance of acquiring Anthony, the Rockets may also need to send future draft picks and young players to the Knicks.

Despite Houston’s explosive backcourt duo of Chris Paul and James Harden, they still need to continue upgrading their roster if they want to dominate the Western Conference. Adding Anthony will increase the Rockets’ chance of competing against the Golden State Warriors. However, as of now, it remains a mystery what the Knicks really want to let Anthony go. NBA fans should patiently wait for any progress regarding the deal.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/23/2017  11:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/23/2017  11:04 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Maybe Gordon instead of Anderson gets it done..

http://www.inquisitr.com/4451794/nba-rumors-carmelo-anthony-to-rockets-nears-eric-gordon-as-main-trade-chip/

The New York Knicks already replaced Phil Jackson as the president of basketball operations, but the rumors swirling around Carmelo Anthony won’t stop. The 10-time NBA All-Star is seriously considering to leave the Knicks and see the Houston Rockets as a perfect trade destination. The latest rumors suggest that Anthony could be heading to Houston for a trade package centered on Eric Gordon.

Before the February trade deadline, former Knicks president Phil Jackson tried to move Carmelo Anthony. However, with a no-trade clause in his contract, the Knicks needed Anthony’s approval to make a deal with any team. The 2016-17 NBA season ended with Anthony still an official member of the Knicks.

To everyone’s surprise, Jackson was the first to leave the Knicks. The decision was made after the “Zen Master” made Kristaps Porzingis available on the trade market. The departure of Jackson didn’t have an effect on Anthony’s offseason plan at all. Several NBA teams have expressed interest in trading for Anthony but the All-Star forward has only one team on his mind. Fred Kerber of the New York Post revealed that Carmelo Anthony really wants to be traded to the Houston Rockets and team up with Chris Paul.

Sources maintain there has been little if any, movement on the Anthony trade front. He wants Houston. He would waive his no-trade clause to go there – along with a 15 percent trade kicker that would cost him roughly $8 million to go to the Rockets,” Kerber wrote.

Anthony and Paul are close friends and members of the infamous Banana Boat Crew. The Cleveland Cavaliers don’t look attractive for Anthony anymore since LeBron James is rumored to leave in 2018 when he becomes a free agent. Meanwhile, the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Portland Trail Blazers, who both expressed interest in acquiring him, don’t seem to be Anthony’s preferred trade destination.

As Kerber notes, the Rockets need to find a third team to facilitate a Carmelo Anthony deal. The Knicks aren’t interested in taking back Ryan Anderson and his expensive contract. Maurice Moton of Bleacher Report shared the same sentiment but believes that a deal can be executed if the Rockets offer a trade package centered on Eric Gordon.

Eric Gordon is the reigning Sixth Man of the Year. In 75 games last season, he averaged 16.2 points on 40.6 percent shooting from the field and 37.2 percent from beyond the arc. In order to strengthen their chance of acquiring Anthony, the Rockets may also need to send future draft picks and young players to the Knicks.

Despite Houston’s explosive backcourt duo of Chris Paul and James Harden, they still need to continue upgrading their roster if they want to dominate the Western Conference. Adding Anthony will increase the Rockets’ chance of competing against the Golden State Warriors. However, as of now, it remains a mystery what the Knicks really want to let Anthony go. NBA fans should patiently wait for any progress regarding the deal.

There are no rumors of Gordon to the Knicks.

"Maurice Moton of Bleacher Report shared the same sentiment but believes that a deal can be executed if the Rockets offer a trade package centered on Eric Gordon."

Some dude's opinion is all the "story" is about.

GustavBahler

8/23/2017  11:37 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

There are no rumors of Gordon to the Knicks.

"Maurice Moton of Bleacher Report shared the same sentiment but believes that a deal can be executed if the Rockets offer a trade package centered on Eric Gordon."

Some dude's opinion is all the "story" is about.

Glad you liked it.....

reub
Member: #6227

8/23/2017  11:38 PM
The Rockets may be trying to placate CP3 by pretending to want Melo while the truth is that they really want no part of him.
CrushAlot
USA
8/23/2017  11:50 PM
reub wrote:The Rockets may be trying to placate CP3 by pretending to want Melo while the truth is that they really want no part of him.

Come on now! Remember in 2014 when they were recruiting Melo and had images of him as a rocket with whT was then Lin's #? Melo even older is a perfect fit with Paul and Hatden at the point. Melissa was 3rd in MVP voting the one year he hadacompetent point guard.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
8/24/2017  12:26 AM

That title is the ultimate click bait to get someone to read someone else's opinion.

~You can't run from who you are.~
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/24/2017  12:45 AM
Lol the inquirie hahaha no ! Come on guys, be prepared for melo to stay ! Why take on a bad contract when melo can opt out after this next year
GustavBahler

8/24/2017  12:53 AM
joec32033 wrote:

That title is the ultimate click bait to get someone to read someone else's opinion.

Some more than others. As long the clickbait doesn't involve Anderson coming to NY as part of any deal, lol.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
8/24/2017  12:59 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
joec32033 wrote:

Some more than others. As long the clickbait doesn't involve Anderson coming to NY as part of any deal, lol.

LOL! Saw it on the on the interwebs, it gotta be true!

~You can't run from who you are.~
dwiley20
Member: #5755

8/24/2017  6:01 AM
Love shumpert and the nets unprotected 1st round pick im doing that asap
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/24/2017  6:35 AM
dwiley20 wrote:Love shumpert and the nets unprotected 1st round pick im doing that asap

They weren't even willing to do a Love-Melo exchange before. You think now they're also throwing in an unprotected lottery pick?
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

8/24/2017  8:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/24/2017  8:10 AM
dwiley20 wrote:Love shumpert and the nets unprotected 1st round pick im doing that asap
No way in hell we get the Nets pick. However now that they got that pick they are allowed to trade their own. Obvioulsy it will be a higher first rounder but id still take it. Nobody is giving up much for melo especially at this stage of his career.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/24/2017  8:25 AM

That deal sounds crazy!!! Sees too one sided don't you think??? I mean c'mo, your not at all rooted in reality!
I don't sign off on that deal at all!
Not until they agree t take Noah's contract too!! THEN its a bit more even!!!

Welpee
Member: #6239

8/24/2017  10:08 AM
I'm sure you would. Unfortunately Cleveland wouldn't love that deal.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/24/2017  10:11 AM
we aren't getting the Nets pick. In the paper I saw the possibility of the Cavs pick, Shump, and Crowder when he is able to be traded... I would take that deal
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy