[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

7/26/2017  1:40 PM
Melo might be the most overrated player in the league where ever he goes his team will crumble he is the ultimate chemistry killer ... he only wins with HOF vets like J Kidd or billips... and even then he can't get it right, I'm gonna laugh my ass off when melo gets fired a second time and the rockets are still losing to GSW
AUTOADVERT
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/26/2017  2:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I still don't see what interest Portland would have in the trade unless they are dumping Leonards contract? They do need a stretch 4 and Anderson fits the bill. They just traded away Crabbe in order to save money. Are they now willing to add that money back by taking on Anderson?

Do they value Anderson enough to be willing to move Harkless, Aminu or Davis & Vonleh. That's the only deal the Knicks would probably accept back. I don't see how Anderson would be worth that.

I saw on twitter that if they move Leonard and take on Anderson they save another 6 mil this year on their cap. I am not sure what it would mean for the other two years.

Leonard and Anderson have the same years. Portland wants to move Harkless and Leonard which equates to the 60mil over 3 yrs which matches Anderson's contract. They basically want to use Harkless and this deal to upgrade Leonard from being a waste on their roster to a productive player/ stetch 4 in Anderson. As well as clean up a spot for the tons of other young big men they have on their roster. But the Knicks haven't shown a willingness to take on Leonard. Knicks would most likely prefer Aminu or Davis who have 1-2 yrs left on their deals and are young players who would contribute. But there is no reason for Portland to make that deal and be stuck with Anderson and Leonard. They can get more than Anderson with a package of Harkless, Aminu, Vonleh which is what the Knicks would want.

Here's the tweet.

So again, Houston adds nothing to the deal except a bad contract and they get the best player? Never going to happen

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/26/2017  2:39 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Melo might be the most overrated player in the league where ever he goes his team will crumble he is the ultimate chemistry killer ... he only wins with HOF vets like J Kidd or billips... and even then he can't get it right, I'm gonna laugh my ass off when melo gets fired a second time and the rockets are still losing to GSW

Exactly. I definitely want him gone and I think it's funny that Morey thinks Melo will help him beat GS. Melo couldn't play solid defense consistently over a seven game series even if his life depended on it. By adding him they are already committing to play defense 4 on 5, then you have MDA's philosophy on defense. This should be fun to watch, and finally we will be the ones laughing at someone else's expense, instead of the other way round.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/26/2017  2:55 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Melo might be the most overrated player in the league where ever he goes his team will crumble he is the ultimate chemistry killer ... he only wins with HOF vets like J Kidd or billips... and even then he can't get it right, I'm gonna laugh my ass off when melo gets fired a second time and the rockets are still losing to GSW

Exactly. I definitely want him gone and I think it's funny that Morey thinks Melo will help him beat GS. Melo couldn't play solid defense consistently over a seven game series even if his life depended on it. By adding him they are already committing to play defense 4 on 5, then you have MDA's philosophy on defense. This should be fun to watch, and finally we will be the ones laughing at someone else's expense, instead of the other way round.

I don't see why it's funny... every other team (this offseason) has punted on this upcoming season--except for Houston. They're going for it. You can argue all you want over the merits of trading for Melo - however - I don't see how you can poo poo them. I applaud them for actually going into the year like they have nuts

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/26/2017  3:01 PM
Rookie wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I still don't see what interest Portland would have in the trade unless they are dumping Leonards contract? They do need a stretch 4 and Anderson fits the bill. They just traded away Crabbe in order to save money. Are they now willing to add that money back by taking on Anderson?

Do they value Anderson enough to be willing to move Harkless, Aminu or Davis & Vonleh. That's the only deal the Knicks would probably accept back. I don't see how Anderson would be worth that.

I saw on twitter that if they move Leonard and take on Anderson they save another 6 mil this year on their cap. I am not sure what it would mean for the other two years.

Leonard and Anderson have the same years. Portland wants to move Harkless and Leonard which equates to the 60mil over 3 yrs which matches Anderson's contract. They basically want to use Harkless and this deal to upgrade Leonard from being a waste on their roster to a productive player/ stetch 4 in Anderson. As well as clean up a spot for the tons of other young big men they have on their roster. But the Knicks haven't shown a willingness to take on Leonard. Knicks would most likely prefer Aminu or Davis who have 1-2 yrs left on their deals and are young players who would contribute. But there is no reason for Portland to make that deal and be stuck with Anderson and Leonard. They can get more than Anderson with a package of Harkless, Aminu, Vonleh which is what the Knicks would want.

Here's the tweet.

So again, Houston adds nothing to the deal except a bad contract and they get the best player? Never going to happen

Houston would be giving up a future draft pick or 2 to the Knicks as well. Knicks should ask for 2 since teams want 2 picks for Anderson alone. Without even them getting back Melo. Anderson would be forwarded to the Blazers. The problem is that Portland wants to package Harkless & Leonard and the Knicks don't want to take Leonard back.

The same exact issues that have plagued the trade going on weeks now.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/26/2017  3:07 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Rookie wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Here's the tweet.

Houston would be giving up a future draft pick or 2 to the Knicks as well. Knicks should ask for 2 since teams want 2 picks for Anderson alone. Without even them getting back Melo. Anderson would be forwarded to the Blazers. The problem is that Portland wants to package Harkless & Leonard and the Knicks don't want to take Leonard back.

Knicks are hopefully trying to dump Noah as part of any deal. But then again, that would kill any deal. As no one is dumb enough to take that contract. Nets?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/26/2017  3:09 PM
tttt
HofstraBBall wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Rookie wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Here's the tweet.

Knicks are hopefully trying to dump Noah as part of any deal. But then again, that would kill any deal. As no one is dumb enough to take that contract. Nets?

can't imagine they have the space any more.

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/26/2017  3:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2017  3:35 PM
Yeah, because Magic and Bird and Jordan and Bill Russell and Shaq and Kareem won mega rings without HOF teammates.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/26/2017  3:49 PM
Welpee wrote:
Yeah, because Magic and Bird and Jordan and Bill Russell and Shaq and Kareem won mega rings without HOF teammates.

So if Melo plays with ompetent point guards, even if they are well past their prime, he wins. Why was that so hard for every gm other than Grunwld to figure out? The list of guys that played point during Melo's tenure is awful.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickoftime

7/26/2017  3:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2017  3:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:

So if Melo plays with ompetent point guards, even if they are well past their prime, he wins. Why was that so hard for every gm other than Grunwld to figure out? The list of guys that played point during Melo's tenure is awful.

Why does everything have to be broken down to a binary this or that.

Who knows. Maybe, maybe not.

Ttthe other 13 guys are factors too.

CrushAlot
USA
7/26/2017  3:57 PM
Knickoftime

7/26/2017  4:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

...which isn't at all unusual.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/26/2017  4:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:

You really want to start another 7 year thread???
Nalod
USA
7/26/2017  4:07 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

...which isn't at all unusual.

Derrick can bring some whips, dog collars, and Knee braces!!!!

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/26/2017  4:07 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I don't see why it's funny... every other team (this offseason) has punted on this upcoming season--except for Houston. They're going for it. You can argue all you want over the merits of trading for Melo - however - I don't see how you can poo poo them. I applaud them for actually going into the year like they have nuts

I did't say it was funny that they are trying to go for it, I said it's funny they think Melo will help them do that. Pretty big difference

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/26/2017  4:09 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Was Iverson the PG or SG in Denver?

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
7/26/2017  4:12 PM
Melo as part of an ensemble group makes for an interesting team.
Iverson was on his last legs in Denver. Harden and CP3 would be the best he ever played with, and I expect them to have a very good season.
Win the west in the playoffs?? I don't know but If GSW gets injury bug it could happen.
I think they are cool to go after it.
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/26/2017  4:12 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Was Iverson the PG or SG in Denver?

Did AI play PG anywhere after Larry Brown coached him in Philly?
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/26/2017  5:00 PM
Kyrie will attract the same free agents Melo attracted
CrushAlot
USA
7/26/2017  5:10 PM
anrst wrote:Kyrie will attract the same free agents Melo attracted
kyrie, Noah, Tim and Lee will make it hard to sign anyone for a few years. Similar to Melo,
Melo's tenure. I guess Kyrie can draw from the pool of stars that are willing to take the mid level just like Melo.
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy