Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/25/2017  9:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Tweet was deleted what did it say?

He said the Crabbe deal ay have been done because Portland is getting ready to help facilitate a Melo trade.

No doubt its Russian hakes interfering in Melo trade...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/25/2017  10:38 PM
reub wrote:It's 5:45 somewhere.

LOL
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/25/2017  10:49 PM
arkrud wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Tweet was deleted what did it say?

He said the Crabbe deal ay have been done because Portland is getting ready to help facilitate a Melo trade.

No doubt its Russian hakes interfering in Melo trade...

Another one....

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2017  10:51 PM

Deal with it!
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

7/26/2017  12:01 AM
reub wrote:It's 5:45 somewhere.

Now that's funny

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
reub
Member: #6227

7/26/2017  12:11 AM
It's past midnight here. What time is it in Hawaii? Guam? Burt where are you?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/26/2017  12:46 AM

I swear Carmelo is gonzo

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/26/2017  11:37 AM
I still don't see what interest Portland would have in the trade unless they are dumping Leonards contract? They do need a stretch 4 and Anderson fits the bill. They just traded away Crabbe in order to save money. Are they now willing to add that money back by taking on Anderson?

Do they value Anderson enough to be willing to move Harkless, Aminu or Davis & Vonleh. That's the only deal the Knicks would probably accept back. I don't see how Anderson would be worth that.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/26/2017  11:55 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:I still don't see what interest Portland would have in the trade unless they are dumping Leonards contract? They do need a stretch 4 and Anderson fits the bill. They just traded away Crabbe in order to save money. Are they now willing to add that money back by taking on Anderson?

Do they value Anderson enough to be willing to move Harkless, Aminu or Davis & Vonleh. That's the only deal the Knicks would probably accept back. I don't see how Anderson would be worth that.

I saw on twitter that if they move Leonard and take on Anderson they save another 6 mil this year on their cap. I am not sure what it would mean for the other two years.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
7/26/2017  11:56 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:I still don't see what interest Portland would have in the trade unless they are dumping Leonards contract? They do need a stretch 4 and Anderson fits the bill. They just traded away Crabbe in order to save money. Are they now willing to add that money back by taking on Anderson?

Is it basically Anderson for Crabbe and doe it balance their roster? They trade other players which washes a good bit of Andersons contract.
Is Crabbe the same as THjr? Not really.
Lets say the time line was not the same for doing all this. Maybe Crabbe would have come to us instead of Anderson?
But instead we get a cleaner cap cleanse and maybe a pick somewhere.
Im not really looking for a great haul in return for Melo, but it will be better than if Phil was here. NTC, contract and age all factor in lower value.
Time for a new generation of knick culture and Jeff Run his uptempo ball. This is not about melo hate, its about moving on.

newyorknewyork
7/26/2017  12:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I saw on twitter that if they move Leonard and take on Anderson they save another 6 mil this year on their cap. I am not sure what it would mean for the other two years.

Leonard and Anderson have the same years. Portland wants to move Harkless and Leonard which equates to the 60mil over 3 yrs which matches Anderson's contract. They basically want to use Harkless and this deal to upgrade Leonard from being a waste on their roster to a productive player/ stetch 4 in Anderson. As well as clean up a spot for the tons of other young big men they have on their roster. But the Knicks haven't shown a willingness to take on Leonard. Knicks would most likely prefer Aminu or Davis who have 1-2 yrs left on their deals and are young players who would contribute. But there is no reason for Portland to make that deal and be stuck with Anderson and Leonard. They can get more than Anderson with a package of Harkless, Aminu, Vonleh which is what the Knicks would want.

newyorknewyork
7/26/2017  12:33 PM
Nalod wrote:

Is it basically Anderson for Crabbe and doe it balance their roster? They trade other players which washes a good bit of Andersons contract.
Is Crabbe the same as THjr? Not really.
Lets say the time line was not the same for doing all this. Maybe Crabbe would have come to us instead of Anderson?
But instead we get a cleaner cap cleanse and maybe a pick somewhere.
Im not really looking for a great haul in return for Melo, but it will be better than if Phil was here. NTC, contract and age all factor in lower value.
Time for a new generation of knick culture and Jeff Run his uptempo ball. This is not about melo hate, its about moving on.

I don't see how Portland benefits from taking on Anderson without unloading Leonard. While also giving up the other pieces they would need to make the salaries work.

CrushAlot
USA
7/26/2017  12:40 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Leonard and Anderson have the same years. Portland wants to move Harkless and Leonard which equates to the 60mil over 3 yrs which matches Anderson's contract. They basically want to use Harkless and this deal to upgrade Leonard from being a waste on their roster to a productive player/ stetch 4 in Anderson. As well as clean up a spot for the tons of other young big men they have on their roster. But the Knicks haven't shown a willingness to take on Leonard. Knicks would most likely prefer Aminu or Davis who have 1-2 yrs left on their deals and are young players who would contribute. But there is no reason for Portland to make that deal and be stuck with Anderson and Leonard. They can get more than Anderson with a package of Harkless, Aminu, Vonleh which is what the Knicks would want.

Here's the tweet.
GustavBahler

7/26/2017  12:43 PM
If Melo didn't have the ability to opt out after next season, wherever he goes, I would understand why it had to be Houston. Turning down the option of playing with LeBron for a season to help expedite a trade is pissing away what goodwill he had from NY fans.

I hope he comes to his senses. Harden has yet to prove he can be trusted to reliably deliver in the playoffs. Thats a huge if at this point. None of them have carried their team deep in the playoffs like LeBron has. He can always join them, or anyone else the following season.

As long as Perry and Mills are willing to bring Melo back if no good deal is out there, the Knicks win as far as Im concerned. It will show discipline. This is when you play hardball with Anthony.

Nalod
USA
7/26/2017  1:09 PM
GustavBahler wrote:If Melo didn't have the ability to opt out after next season, wherever he goes, I would understand why it had to be Houston. Turning down the option of playing with LeBron for a season to help expedite a trade is pissing away what goodwill he had from NY fans.

I hope he comes to his senses. Harden has yet to prove he can be trusted to reliably deliver in the playoffs. Thats a huge if at this point. None of them have carried their team deep in the playoffs like LeBron has. He can always join them, or anyone else the following season.

As long as Perry and Mills are willing to bring Melo back if no good deal is out there, the Knicks win as far as Im concerned. It will show discipline. This is when you play hardball with Anthony.

at this juncture the Cav's are a mess of Knick like proportions. After three finals trips if the don't make it this year its gonna be on Melo to some extent.
where the focus was on Melo and change for Love, Kyrie will come at a higher price for knicks. That decreases the value for Kyrie as a knick. Does a Lebron-Love-Melo trio better than it was with Kyrie?
In Houston the expectations to defeat Warriors might be at best 50-50.

Lebron I doubt would commit beyond one year with Cav's. Caves have $25mil a year invested in Shump and JR Smith. Somewhere I don't them stepping up.

GustavBahler

7/26/2017  1:24 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If Melo didn't have the ability to opt out after next season, wherever he goes, I would understand why it had to be Houston. Turning down the option of playing with LeBron for a season to help expedite a trade is pissing away what goodwill he had from NY fans.

at this juncture the Cav's are a mess of Knick like proportions. After three finals trips if the don't make it this year its gonna be on Melo to some extent.
where the focus was on Melo and change for Love, Kyrie will come at a higher price for knicks. That decreases the value for Kyrie as a knick. Does a Lebron-Love-Melo trio better than it was with Kyrie?

Lebron I doubt would commit beyond one year with Cav's. Caves have $25mil a year invested in Shump and JR Smith. Somewhere I don't them stepping up.

The alternative is Houston with 2 stars who never have been able to do much in the playoffs in spite of being a part of some very good teams. And to top it off you have a coach who probably took a baseball bat to his man cave when he heard Melo might be joining his team.

One of the first things D'Antoni did after winning coach of the year was diss Melo while he was being dissed by Phil, right after his marital problems made the headlines. That's not internet "hate" that sounds more like the real deal.

Why Melo's in a rush to head into all that potential drama, with no other alternatives is beyond me. One season and he'll have a world of options.

knicks1248
Member: #582
7/26/2017  1:32 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

The alternative is Houston with 2 stars who never have been able to do much in the playoffs in spite of being a part of some very good teams. And to top it off you have a coach who probably took a baseball bat to his man cave when he heard Melo might be joining his team.

One of the first things D'Antoni did after winning coach of the year was diss Melo while he was being dissed by Phil, right after his marital problems made the headlines. That's not internet "hate" that sounds more like the real deal.

Why Melo's in a rush to head into all that potential drama, with no other alternatives is beyond me. One season and he'll have a world of options.

I could never understand the relationship between MDA and Melo, he praised him during the Olympics, which was the same season he quit, then turns around 3 yrs later and he tells the world he quit the knicks on account of melo.

I guess MDA saw a different melo once he is surrounded by other really good players

ES
CrushAlot
USA
7/26/2017  1:32 PM
Nalod wrote:

There is a lot of speculation that David Griffen could have resolved or put a band aide on the Kyrie situation if he was retained. Cleveland's owner might be the worst in the nba. LeBron is gone in a year. Melo probably has a better chance at a ring with LeBron. He may want to opt in for that big check though. In that case Houston is the better fit.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/26/2017  1:35 PM
I think mills and Perry are laughing there arsses off. Hey melo you either take the best trade this team can get for you or you can suit up in a knicks uniform next year and be the most hated player in knicks history to dawn a knock uniform hahahahahaha or you can just stay home and equally destroy you rep in this league . It's ok china will take you in just like starburry! Hahahaa

F U C K melo he should go where ever we get the most in return, or he can shut up and suit up

GustavBahler

7/26/2017  1:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I could never understand the relationship between MDA and Melo, he praised him during the Olympics, which was the same season he quit, then turns around 3 yrs later and he tells the world he quit the knicks on account of melo.

I guess MDA saw a different melo once he is surrounded by other really good players

Im guessing he saw Melo as a sniper on Team USA and thought he could play that role for him in NY. Im sure Melo would have given up on one of the best post games in the league at the time, if there were players on the roster who were good enough to make him shut that part of his game down. That obviously never happened.

Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy