RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
7/25/2017  1:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
reub wrote:I would take Ariza and Anderson right now for Melo although I'd still prefer getting Harkless.

Why? Then you're stuck with Andersons £20mil per salary for THREE years! (at a position where KP AND Willy play). I would rather buy Melo out than accept that crap. how does Ariza sweeten the pot?!

The only way we should agree with Anderson coming back with Ariza is if they include 3 1st round picks.

No one's giving up that much to get rid of Anderson, and I wouldn't need that much anyway. Frankly, I don't think Houston should be trying so hard to get rid of him. He's a 40+% 3 point shooter and he had the best on/off differential on the team (better than Harden!). I'm not saying he's actually a better player than Harden but I think he has a very good impact on the court. The prior year, he had the best on/off differential on the Pelicans.
Bonn we agree here. Anderson's contract is bad but it comes with a pretty good player who would play a nice role here. I have wavered on him a bit but I dont see a better market for Melo (or willingness) so its more about what comes back with Anderson. Maybe Capella (who we maybe flip) a future #1 and Anderson for Melo. That kills our future cap but does give us more assets to build with.

IMO,
only way I see Clint coming back is if we send back Willy Herm and we still would be expected to lose value since Clint Capella is a BIG PART OF THEIR SYSTEM that is young...

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/25/2017  1:20 PM
RonRon wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
reub wrote:I would take Ariza and Anderson right now for Melo although I'd still prefer getting Harkless.

Why? Then you're stuck with Andersons £20mil per salary for THREE years! (at a position where KP AND Willy play). I would rather buy Melo out than accept that crap. how does Ariza sweeten the pot?!

The only way we should agree with Anderson coming back with Ariza is if they include 3 1st round picks.

No one's giving up that much to get rid of Anderson, and I wouldn't need that much anyway. Frankly, I don't think Houston should be trying so hard to get rid of him. He's a 40+% 3 point shooter and he had the best on/off differential on the team (better than Harden!). I'm not saying he's actually a better player than Harden but I think he has a very good impact on the court. The prior year, he had the best on/off differential on the Pelicans.
Bonn we agree here. Anderson's contract is bad but it comes with a pretty good player who would play a nice role here. I have wavered on him a bit but I dont see a better market for Melo (or willingness) so its more about what comes back with Anderson. Maybe Capella (who we maybe flip) a future #1 and Anderson for Melo. That kills our future cap but does give us more assets to build with.

IMO,
only way I see Clint coming back is if we send back Willy Herm and we still would be expected to lose value since Clint Capella is a BIG PART OF THEIR SYSTEM that is young...

well yea.. He's a nice chip. A very valuable asset IMO. What else does Houston have to offer?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2017  1:57 PM
Keep Crabbe and trade Courtney Lee. THjr and Crabbe redundent but one goes to the bench. Go small and play both at same time.
Something will give.
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/25/2017  2:05 PM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I think if we're patient we can make a deal and not have to take on Anderson's contract. We'll end up with Anderson if we act desperate and are motivated to make this move quickly.
Welpee

7/25/2017  2:10 PM
martin wrote:
reub wrote:A guy named Burt_Steele is saying that Melo will be a Rocket by 6PM today. He was right about the CP3 signing and might be a personal friend of Morey.

you mean tomorrow?

Burt Steele is now on the clock.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/25/2017  2:16 PM
Welpee wrote:
martin wrote:
reub wrote:A guy named Burt_Steele is saying that Melo will be a Rocket by 6PM today. He was right about the CP3 signing and might be a personal friend of Morey.

you mean tomorrow?

lol Burt steele someone should tweet if he'll put money on it.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/25/2017  2:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2017  2:35 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Welpee wrote:
martin wrote:

you mean tomorrow?

Butt Steele has since tweeted that eye emoji that the Celtics players used when trolling at the deadline. The man's a fraud

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/25/2017  2:35 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Welpee wrote:
martin wrote:

you mean tomorrow?

I guess he tweeted the Rockets were going to make a big move right before the Paul trade.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/25/2017  2:37 PM
Woj saying blazers have traded crabbe to nets and will waive/stretch the player they got back
fitzfarm

7/25/2017  3:30 PM
smackeddog wrote:Woj saying blazers have traded crabbe to nets and will waive/stretch the player they got back

another thing is why would portland help the rockets ? it makes no sense to help the rockets, so who is really the third team?

reub
Member: #6227

7/25/2017  4:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2017  4:02 PM
T minus 1 hour 57 minutes and counting. All systems are GO!
Welpee

7/25/2017  4:10 PM
reub wrote:T minus 1 hour 57 minutes and counting. All systems are GO!
Was it 5:45 p.m. eastern or central time? Maybe he buys himself another hour? lol
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2017  4:14 PM
[IMG_block] http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/houston-we-dont-have-a-problem.png [/IMG_block]
fitzfarm

7/25/2017  4:14 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycsv7av8
reub
Member: #6227

7/25/2017  4:16 PM
fitzfarm wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycsv7av8

Your deal is too good for our team so I don't think it'll happen. But I like it.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/25/2017  4:25 PM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

We're basically on the same page. I'd rather get Ariza than Capella because he fits our roster better and I think Houston would be more likely to do that. If we don't want to keep Ariza long-term, I'd imagine he and his expiring contract would be a nice trade asset.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/25/2017  4:29 PM
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I think if we're patient we can make a deal and not have to take on Anderson's contract. We'll end up with Anderson if we act desperate and are motivated to make this move quickly.

I wouldn't view it as being forced to take Anderson, though, and I don't really care if he's undervalued around the league right now. You want to get a good player when he's undervalued, not overvalued. If the league undervalues him enough that Houston has to give up picks, another good starter (Ariza), or other sweeteners and will take Melo off our hands, I'd rather jump on that then give them the opportunity to change their minds. I see Anderson's production as probably worth like $13 mil a year. So for a overpaying by $8 mil for the next 3 years (not a lot), we get rid of Melo, get an underpaid starter, get at least one draft pick hopefully, and can limit KP's minutes. I'd rather do that then any alternative I've heard. Protecting KP alone should be worth that cost.
fitzfarm

7/25/2017  4:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2017  4:34 PM
reub wrote:

Your deal is too good for our team so I don't think it'll happen. But I like it.

I know! What if we also give phx KOQ for tj warren

Line up

KP,capela
Willy,lance
Warren,harkless
Thjr,Lee
Knight,frank

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/25/2017  4:40 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
reub wrote:

I know! What if we also give phx KOQ for tj warren

Line up

KP,capela
Willy,lance
Warren,harkless
Thjr,Lee
Knight,frank

I'll keep asking this...

Why do we want an awful PG on purpose?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/25/2017  4:44 PM

Terrible

RIP Crushalot😞
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy