[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/24/2017  12:26 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I just hope whomever we get has some value to the Cavs.
The Rockets talent that has value with the Cavs should be what we should target.

Flip the Rockets trade return, a protected future first rounder, to Cavs for Irving.

The only shot Knicks had/have is with Melo. Lbj has already said he wants him on the team. What makes you think he would push for anyone, the Rickets, dump on us?

Cavs have no reason to trade him this year. Therefore, it would take a lopsided deal, in their favor, for them to agree to a trade anytime soon. . Think Knicks need to stay away and keep hoping Lebron eventually demands Kyrie gets traded for Melo. Also, rumor is, Melo would only waive NTC if Irving was still on Cavs. Kinda tells us Lebron's intentions after this year.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
7/24/2017  12:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
OKC has nothing to center a deal around.

Neither do the Rockets.

There's a deal to be had with OKC way before Houston. Obviously it starts with Kanter. Not a great player but he can score off the bench. Jerami Grant is the guy i want. He fits the long, athletic defender mold and improved as a shooter and is only 23. He is the same as getting Harkless, whom everyone wants. They drafted Ferguson late first round, who is a good option. Kanter, Grant, Ferguson, and McDermott for Melo. 4 players 25 years and under who all fit a role to some extent.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/24/2017  12:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  12:52 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
The Rockets talent that has value with the Cavs should be what we should target.

Flip the Rockets trade return, a protected future first rounder, to Cavs for Irving.

The only shot Knicks had/have is with Melo. Lbj has already said he wants him on the team. What makes you think he would push for anyone, the Rickets, dump on us?

Cavs have no reason to trade him this year. Therefore, it would take a lopsided deal, in their favor, for them to agree to a trade anytime soon. . Think Knicks need to stay away and keep hoping Lebron eventually demands Kyrie gets traded for Melo. Also, rumor is, Melo would only waive NTC if Irving was still on Cavs. Kinda tells us Lebron's intentions after this year.

Cleveland is about to sign Rose.

Where is Melo going to want to play next year?

Team 1
Love
James
Melo
Lee
Rose
Bench: Thompson, Frye, Smith and Deron Williams.

Team 2
Hernangomez
Porzingis
Melo
Hardaay
Baker
Bench: O'Quinn, Thomas, Lee, Ntilikina.

I get the feeling the choice would be rather easy for Melo.
If Lebron leaves CLE, Melo could opt out and go sign with him on the Lakers or go sign with the Rockets next year. Melo also has an opt out.

On the Knicks, he will struggle to get to 35 wins and be blamed quite a bit now that Phil Jackson is out of the picture. Without Phil, the media needs a new target and it will become Melo, pretty fast. Especially if Melo refuses to make trades that help the Knicks. On the Cavs he has a straight path to the NBA finals.

NBA finals, playing with Lebron vs be the odd man out on a 30 win Knicks team that is rebuilding.

With or without Kyrie, I see him taking the CLE offer if Houston is told they can not get Melo. There's no way I see Melo choose Knicks over Cavs. Even if Lebron is leaving in a year, it's a run to the NBA finals where anything can happen in the Finals and a real shot at a ring and changing your standing as a player, legacy wise. Can't see Melo passing that up. He has an opt out just like Bron.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/24/2017  12:48 PM
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Neither do the Rockets.

There's a deal to be had with OKC way before Houston. Obviously it starts with Kanter. Not a great player but he can score off the bench. Jerami Grant is the guy i want. He fits the long, athletic defender mold and improved as a shooter and is only 23. He is the same as getting Harkless, whom everyone wants. They drafted Ferguson late first round, who is a good option. Kanter, Grant, Ferguson, and McDermott for Melo. 4 players 25 years and under who all fit a role to some extent.

We're doing them a favor taking on kanter and his salary, I'd expect at least a 1st rounder, preferably 2

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/24/2017  12:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Neither do the Rockets.

We're doing them a favor taking on kanter and his salary, I'd expect at least a 1st rounder, preferably 2

We can demand a pick too. Whatever works. Kanter is 4 years younger than Ryan Anderson, a better player, and on a contract the expires a year earlier. He's not a burden like Anderson. I want Grant as part of any deal. He fits exactly what we needed as a combo forward who is athletic, can defend, is improving as a shooter, and is only 23.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/24/2017  1:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  1:51 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The deal would be centered around one of E.Kanter or S.Adams but most likely Kanter who's a much better player then R.Anderson and then you get T.Ferguson who was their 1st round pick this year and i'd love to get J.Grant as well. There's definitely a deal to be made but lets remember who broke this rumor......Bill Simmons, has he ever broke any news before someone legit has??

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/24/2017  2:17 PM
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Neither do the Rockets.

Yeah - that is a decent package.

I'd like to try this option.

We add in Melo/Lance/KOQ (Lance is well thought of in OKC and KOQ is redundant for us with Kanter -- throw him in and add in more youth).

We add Kanter/Abrines/McDermott/Grant/Heustis/Ferguson -- I value Abrines/Grant/Ferguson and potentially Heustis all over McDermott.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/24/2017  2:19 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Neither do the Rockets.

He can opt out next year (may be an expiring for us) and if NOT he is only a 2-year deal for a guy who scores very easily around the basket and is only 25. He is a movable piece and is needed to make deal work / get our hands on some younger pieces.

reub
Member: #6227

7/24/2017  2:24 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Team 1
Love
James
Melo
Lee
Rose

Team 2
Hernangomez
Porzingis
Melo
Hardaay
Baker

If Lebron leaves CLE, Melo could opt out and go sign with him on the Lakers or go sign with the Rockets next year. Melo also has an opt out.

On the Knicks, he will struggle to get to 35 wins and be blamed quite a bit now that Phil Jackson is out of the picture. Without Phil, the media needs a new target and it will become Melo, pretty fast. Especially if Melo refuses to make trades that help the Knicks. On the Cavs he has a straight path to the NBA finals.

NBA finals, playing with Lebron vs be the odd man out on a 30 win Knicks team that is rebuilding.

With or without Kyrie, I see him taking the CLE offer if Houston is told they can not get Melo. There's no way I see Melo choose Knicks over Cavs. Even if Lebron is leaving in a year, it's a run to the NBA finals where anything can happen in the Finals and a real shot at a ring and changing your standing as a player, legacy wise. Can't see Melo passing that up. He has an opt out just like Bron.

I think that Ntilikina starts for us from day one.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/24/2017  2:26 PM
Melo for kanter,mcdurmitt,ferguson work via trade machine.... get it done !
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/24/2017  2:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2017  2:38 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Team 1
Love
James
Melo
Lee
Rose

Team 2
Hernangomez
Porzingis
Melo
Hardaay
Baker

Good point. Possibly Melonstaying firm with first choice, in Rockets. Will be interesting to see who/What breaks first.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/24/2017  2:50 PM
How is this unfair to fans? We are adults here with lives right?
The longer this goes on the more impressed one should be that the knicks have a goal and not caving is a good thing.
We want some salary off the books, a good player and a pick in return. THats not too ambitious. There are 3rd teams involved that can make some of this happen
so "compromise" is in the air.

Most likely its a "Win-Win" on paper for all concerned. Rockets, Portland, OKC.........know they must get more talent to compete.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/24/2017  2:57 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Neither do the Rockets.

He can opt out next year (may be an expiring for us) and if NOT he is only a 2-year deal for a guy who scores very easily around the basket and is only 25. He is a movable piece and is needed to make deal work / get our hands on some younger pieces.

If he was a moveable piece, okc would have moved him

y2zipper
Member: #3287

7/24/2017  3:07 PM
ccinflushing wrote:
y2zipper wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:A two team trade that Houston might agree to with the Knicks - Houston gets Carmelo, the Knicks get Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza, Chinanu Onuaku, Cameron Oliver and Houston's 2020 pick. Houston can then trade Ryan Anderson to the Portland Trailblazers for Evan Turner and Shabazz Napier.

This makes some sense for the teams involved - Houston addresses its depth issues (PG,SG) through trading with Portland. Portland swaps one bad contract for another but gets a better fitting piece in Anderson. NY gets one reasonable contract, one expiring contract, and some young assets and a draft pick. They can then trade either Courtney Lee or Eric Gordon for another asset.

If Houston wanted to go that far in for Melo he would be a rocket.

It's the summer, teams aren't up against a firm deadline, can't trade signed draft picks for 30 days after signing, still canvassing for the best deals possible ..

Just speculation on my part anyways

My view here is the Knicks are just holding out for the Rockets to to put meaningful assets (READ: Gordon or Ariza) into whatever Melo trade actually happens. I don't like what OKC has and I don't want Ryan Anderson just like the rest of the league.

In the meantime, you make the call about Kyrie Irving. What gets the Knicks into the discussion here is that there isn't immediate better return on the market than Carmelo, and Cleveland's number one goal should be getting LeBron to stay with them. I agree with the general premise on the forum that Kyrie is a very desirable asset but there's also a price point at which it doesn't make sense. I probably don't include Frank N., Porzingis or Willy H. In any Irving deal just because I shouldn't have to if Carmelo and Courtney Lee are the centerpieces and I'm taking back salary like Shumpert from Cleveland. I would trade some draft compensation, like a protected that actually vests in a few years in the event that the Knicks aren't good right away. Cleveland doesn't have to trade Kyrie if they don't want to, so if the Knicks don't get him because a better package comes through or because Cleveland doesn't focus on its immediately viability as a team, then that's okay.

knicks1248
Member: #582
7/24/2017  3:12 PM
reub wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Team 1
Love
James
Melo
Lee
Rose

Team 2
Hernangomez
Porzingis
Melo
Hardaay
Baker

doesn't mean he will make it through a full season, a bruised knee had him on the shelf for 2 wks
ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/24/2017  3:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
reub wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Team 1
Love
James
Melo
Lee
Rose

Team 2
Hernangomez
Porzingis
Melo
Hardaay
Baker

doesn't mean he will make it through a full season, a bruised knee had him on the shelf for 2 wks
Is that accurate? Or did the Knicks staff see zero point in pushing an young prospect into summer league action? I mean way to spin something.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
reub
Member: #6227

7/24/2017  3:24 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
reub wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Team 1
Love
James
Melo
Lee
Rose

Team 2
Hernangomez
Porzingis
Melo
Hardaay
Baker

Is that accurate? Or did the Knicks staff see zero point in pushing an young prospect into summer league action? I mean way to spin something.

The guy played more minutes of basketball than probably the top 5 picks put together last year. He also had just finished playing in the playoffs against grown men. He's a great talent and would be beginning next season as a college freshman if he played here. Don't be a hater.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/24/2017  11:28 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
7/24/2017  11:52 PM
Apparently Morey will move Ariza with Anderson to move Anderson's deal.
CrushAlot
USA
7/24/2017  11:53 PM
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy