[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/23/2017  3:13 PM
Simmons was having a conversation with trade rumors about the Knicks. He mentioned Phenix and the Knicks getting piks. When I tried to view the conversation the tweets had been deleted. Interesting that Phoenix is coming up again. It wasn't clear if the trade involved Kyrie. There was ths:
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/23/2017  3:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Simmons was having a conversation with trade rumors about the Knicks. He mentioned Phenix and the Knicks getting piks. When I tried to view the conversation the tweets had been deleted. Interesting that Phoenix is coming up again. It wasn't clear if the trade involved Kyrie. There was ths:

Still relatively irrelevant given his NTC and the only destination(s) he's entertaining are influenced by his best friends.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/23/2017  3:24 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Simmons was having a conversation with trade rumors about the Knicks. He mentioned Phenix and the Knicks getting piks. When I tried to view the conversation the tweets had been deleted. Interesting that Phoenix is coming up again. It wasn't clear if the trade involved Kyrie. There was ths:

Still relatively irrelevant given his NTC and the only destination(s) he's entertaining are influenced by his best friends.

Not to mention had Phil not pushed him, he would have been content to sit back and score 25 on a bad team for another few years being the star in NY.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/23/2017  3:45 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Not to mention had Phil not pushed him, he would have been content to sit back and score 25 on a bad team for another few years being the star in NY.

Its Bill Simmons. He hates the Knicks.

~You can't run from who you are.~
ccinflushing
Member: #6061

7/23/2017  4:29 PM
A two team trade that Houston might agree to with the Knicks - Houston gets Carmelo, the Knicks get Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza, Chinanu Onuaku, Cameron Oliver and Houston's 2020 pick. Houston can then trade Ryan Anderson to the Portland Trailblazers for Evan Turner and Shabazz Napier.

This makes some sense for the teams involved - Houston addresses its depth issues (PG,SG) through trading with Portland. Portland swaps one bad contract for another but gets a better fitting piece in Anderson. NY gets one reasonable contract, one expiring contract, and some young assets and a draft pick. They can then trade either Courtney Lee or Eric Gordon for another asset.

CrushAlot
USA
7/23/2017  5:43 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

I don't think he wanted any part of a fourth reset or going through a new round of teaching he triangle to the new group that will be brought in this year. He was ready to leave at the deadline but Doc chose to keep his kid and lost Paul because of it. I think after Phil's press conference he wasn't going to do Phil any favors with the NTC and trade kicker. Phil probably would have had to buy him out after he chose to create more bad blood.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/23/2017  8:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

I don't think he wanted any part of a fourth reset or going through a new round of teaching he triangle to the new group that will be brought in this year. He was ready to leave at the deadline but Doc chose to keep his kid and lost Paul because of it. I think after Phil's press conference he wasn't going to do Phil any favors with the NTC and trade kicker. Phil probably would have had to buy him out after he chose to create more bad blood.

Phil just did a simple psychological test on who is in charge in modern NBA and so at MSG - star players or team management.
The answer was star players. So it was nothing to Phil left but to go back to his ranch with a bag of $$$.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
y2zipper
Member: #3287

7/23/2017  8:28 PM
ccinflushing wrote:A two team trade that Houston might agree to with the Knicks - Houston gets Carmelo, the Knicks get Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza, Chinanu Onuaku, Cameron Oliver and Houston's 2020 pick. Houston can then trade Ryan Anderson to the Portland Trailblazers for Evan Turner and Shabazz Napier.

This makes some sense for the teams involved - Houston addresses its depth issues (PG,SG) through trading with Portland. Portland swaps one bad contract for another but gets a better fitting piece in Anderson. NY gets one reasonable contract, one expiring contract, and some young assets and a draft pick. They can then trade either Courtney Lee or Eric Gordon for another asset.

If Houston wanted to go that far in for Melo he would be a rocket.

ccinflushing
Member: #6061

7/24/2017  2:07 AM
y2zipper wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:A two team trade that Houston might agree to with the Knicks - Houston gets Carmelo, the Knicks get Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza, Chinanu Onuaku, Cameron Oliver and Houston's 2020 pick. Houston can then trade Ryan Anderson to the Portland Trailblazers for Evan Turner and Shabazz Napier.

If Houston wanted to go that far in for Melo he would be a rocket.

It's the summer, teams aren't up against a firm deadline, can't trade signed draft picks for 30 days after signing, still canvassing for the best deals possible ..

Just speculation on my part anyways

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/24/2017  10:39 AM
arkrud wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Phil just did a simple psychological test on who is in charge in modern NBA and so at MSG - star players or team management.
The answer was star players. So it was nothing to Phil left but to go back to his ranch with a bag of $$$.

Melo lived through a 17 win season, and he's not going to buy into $56 million for a year or two to play with the kids with Phil gone? Phil doesn't spend a million a month acting like the egotistical dick he is, and Melo's value isn't nearly as far down the clogged toilet it is now... A happy DOUCHE may have been a bit more of a productive DOUCHE...

And being home dreaming about actually kicking rocks in Montana has got to beat sleeping through draftee workouts... And now with his test results, he can write the definitive book on NBA team management... I know guys like nixluva and fishmike will be lining up on amazon to place their pre-publishing orders...

reub
Member: #6227

7/24/2017  11:06 AM
A guy named Burt_Steele is saying that Melo will be a Rocket by 6PM today. He was right about the CP3 signing and might be a personal friend of Morey.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/24/2017  11:10 AM
reub wrote:A guy named Burt_Steele is saying that Melo will be a Rocket by 6PM today. He was right about the CP3 signing and might be a personal friend of Morey.

you mean tomorrow?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
reub

7/24/2017  11:16 AM
martin wrote:
reub wrote:A guy named Burt_Steele is saying that Melo will be a Rocket by 6PM today. He was right about the CP3 signing and might be a personal friend of Morey.

you mean tomorrow?

Yes, tomorrow. I can wait one more day.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/24/2017  11:17 AM
I just hope whomever we get has some value to the Cavs.
The Rockets talent that has value with the Cavs should be what we should target.

Flip the Rockets trade return, a protected future first rounder, to Cavs for Irving.

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/24/2017  11:30 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:I just hope whomever we get has some value to the Cavs.
The Rockets talent that has value with the Cavs should be what we should target.

Flip the Rockets trade return, a protected future first rounder, to Cavs for Irving.

I honestly don't think there's any possibility of Kyrie coming to the Knicks. Just because we're supposedly on his list doesn't mean the Cavs have any desire to trade him to us.
reub

7/24/2017  11:31 AM
I really don't want a younger, shorter version of Melo aka KI. We need to stick with our young core of non-ball hoggers.
CrushAlot
USA
7/24/2017  12:06 PM

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/24/2017  12:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
OKC has nothing to center a deal around.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/24/2017  12:17 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

literally the only thing i could thin of was melo + noah for kanter + adams, and that's obviously a stretch for both sides

so, yeah, we need another team, yet again

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
USA
7/24/2017  12:17 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Neither do the Rockets.
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy