Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

7/19/2017  1:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2017  1:52 PM
Would you do this deal:

Knicks
Capela
Knight
Tim Quarterman (to make the numbers work)
Houston 1st round pick

Philly
Ryan Anderson

Houston
Melo
O'Quinn

Phoenix
Okafor
Isaiah Taylor(to make the numbers work)

Justification

Knicks get rid of Melo, get younger and acquire a PG (I know a lot of people don't like Knight)

Houston gets Melo

Philly gets another veteran shooter they need and unloads Okafor. I believe they have a ton of cap space with all of their rookie contract players.

Phoenix gets a young big with potential and a good contract.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/19/2017  1:55 PM
I think if you put Noah into any Melo deal, Melo is a Knick next year. That might not be a bad thing but it seems like the best scenario for the Knicks and Melo is a trade.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/19/2017  1:58 PM
Welpee wrote:Would you do this deal:

Knicks
Capela
Knight
Houston 1st round pick

Philly
Ryan Anderson

Houston
Melo
O'Quinn

Phoenix
Okafor

Justification

Knicks get rid of Melo, get younger and acquire a PG (I know a lot of people don't like Knight)

That's why it's a no.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/19/2017  2:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Welpee wrote:Houston wants Melo (plus for them) and to unload Anderson (plus for them). So what's the benefit to us again? Houston (and Melo's reps) needs to step up and find a way to make this deal beneficial to us. Otherwise I say just wait it out. No rush on our part.

If Capela was included, i would gladly take Anderson. Would be a big get for this team. A young, up and coming player. I would give them back O'Quinn to replace their center depth. Melo and KOQ for Anderson, Capela, 2020 1st, and their non-guaranteed contracts to make it work. If Houston wants to get Melo while trading Anderson, then Capela and a future 1st is a fair price. They will still have KOQ, Nene, and T Black at center, so it leaves them plenty of depth.

That deal makes a lot of sense and also removes the complications of a three team deal. Is Capela a free agent after this year? It might be another incentive for Houston to move him.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y73tt7h3

This is funny. Houston ends up losing 11 more games after this deal! NY only 5...all due to KOQ leaving, I'd bet....

Welpee

7/19/2017  2:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2017  3:15 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

Knicks
Capela
Knight
Houston 1st round pick

Philly
Ryan Anderson

Houston
Melo
O'Quinn

Phoenix
Okafor

Justification

That's why it's a no.

Well, if you think we're going to get Russell Westbrook back in a trade people will be sadly disappointed. In order to unload Melo you get a player most people like (Capela) and 1st round pick most people want and we have to absorb a young pg who hasn't been great recently but played well earlier in his career. I think we would need to consider it. My question is would Philly bite?
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/19/2017  3:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2017  3:00 PM
Melo is pissin me off with this

Capella a pick and Knight works for me.

y2zipper
Member: #3287

7/19/2017  3:57 PM
I do that deal to take Capela and Knight. Then I move Lee to get a starting 3. That's much better than taking on Anderson and Knight will be better than he has been if he can play the point.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/19/2017  4:10 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Several of you want CApEla and I like him as well. He's coming into his own. Yet where are Wilys minutes? I mean we have bigs now so that capela or Nerlens, while talented mean that Wily sits or is unloaded. WhAt am I missing?

Well, we're getting rid of Noah. I'm OK with Capella and Willy getting 28 and 20 mpg.

In your scenario we are. In all actuality, it's not happening.

How much do they want Melo? Do they think he and Noah give them a better chance at a title than Capella and Anderson? Are they willing to spend more to contend for the title and keep Paul happy enough to stay? It's all up to Houston. I don't think it's black and white. They're not getting Melo and unloading Anderson for free. They have to at least take one bad contract. Otherwise, sorry, Houston. I'd rather buyout Melo than take back Anderson's contract if they're not going to give us anything of serious value. And giving us Capella to be one of our four centers just isn't enough.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/19/2017  4:13 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2721454-5-worst-nba-contracts-at-every-position

No to Brandon Knight unless a ton of draft picks are coming our way.

anrst
USA
7/19/2017  4:19 PM
Im way behind on the Brandon Knight is total worthless garbage train.

When did this happen?

Why?

Where is the cheat sheet or video explaining this?

I know he had bad stats and rode the pine last year, but he was good, and he's young.

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
7/19/2017  4:27 PM
anrst wrote:Im way behind on the Brandon Knight is total worthless garbage train.

When did this happen?

Why?

Where is the cheat sheet or video explaining this?

I know he had bad stats and rode the pine last year, but he was good, and he's young.

Statistically, he was very bad every year except 2014-15. That year he was about average or a tiny bit above average. It looks like that year was a 63 game anomaly, though. The weight of the evidence from his 382 game career is pretty bad. He's basically a volume scorer who does not bring much else and does not fit any NBA position.
anrst
USA
7/19/2017  4:43 PM
well then knight could teach Frank what not to do.
Welpee

7/19/2017  6:03 PM
Regarding Knight, didn't he have his best season playing for our current coach? Again, we're not getting Kyrie Irving in a trade so I would rather roll the dice on a Knight than count on Randle or Baker or an 18 year old rookie or getting Ramon Sessions going into the season.

Sometimes I think people go a bit overboard with these advanced stats (though I will admit go guys were right about Rose).

RonRon
Member: #246
7/19/2017  6:06 PM
i dont see Houston giving up the farm for CA

IMO, they are unlikely to even give up even 1 of those players if they wish to compete with GS
So it is Ryan Anderson, Unguaranteed Contracts, and future draft picks....

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/19/2017  6:15 PM
RonRon wrote:i dont see Houston giving up the farm for CA

IMO, they are unlikely to even give up even 1 of those players if they wish to compete with GS
So it is Ryan Anderson, Unguaranteed Contracts, and future draft picks....

If we could move Noah in this deal, Anderson's contract wouldnt have the same bite on the cap. Maybe try to get him reunited with Thibs in Minny. Not sure what would get us there though. Noah would have to be in good shape.

Knickoftime

7/19/2017  6:31 PM
Welpee wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Knicks
Capela
Knight
Houston 1st round pick

Philly
Ryan Anderson

Houston
Melo
O'Quinn

Phoenix
Okafor

Justification

That's why it's a no.

Well, if you think we're going to get Russell Westbrook back in a trade people will be sadly disappointed. In order to unload Melo you get a player most people like (Capela) and 1st round pick most people want and we have to absorb a young pg who hasn't been great recently but played well earlier in his career. I think we would need to consider it. My question is would Philly bite?

Knight has mostly been awful.

A Melo buyout would be better.

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

7/19/2017  7:04 PM
With Portland I'd prefer a 5 for 3 deal as follows --- we save $8M this year but add an extra $8M in year 3. Our price to add 5 youthful pieces.

Melo/Lee/Kuz for Harkless/Aminu/Leonard/Vonleh/Napier ----

Welpee

7/19/2017  7:34 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Knicks
Capela
Knight
Houston 1st round pick

Philly
Ryan Anderson

Houston
Melo
O'Quinn

Phoenix
Okafor

Justification

That's why it's a no.

Explain how a buyout (getting nothing and still taking up cap space) is a better option?
Knickoftime

7/19/2017  7:43 PM
Welpee wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Knicks
Capela
Knight
Houston 1st round pick

Philly
Ryan Anderson

Houston
Melo
O'Quinn

Phoenix
Okafor

Justification

That's why it's a no.

Explain how a buyout (getting nothing and still taking up cap space) is a better option?

Because Knight is awful, and would be paid $15.6m in 2019-2020.

Not mentioning being paid $28.2m to be awful in the two seasons before that.

Capela is a FA next year and will likely become expensive despite his limited skill set and may only be good enough to be a back-up.

a Rockets pick is likely going to be a late 1st.

That doesn't make up for Knight being awful for 3 seasons and $44m dollars.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/19/2017  11:53 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Knicks
Capela
Knight
Houston 1st round pick

Philly
Ryan Anderson

Houston
Melo
O'Quinn

Phoenix
Okafor

Justification

That's why it's a no.

Because Knight is awful, and would be paid $15.6m in 2019-2020.

Not mentioning being paid $28.2m to be awful in the two seasons before that.

Capela is a FA next year and will likely become expensive despite his limited skill set and may only be good enough to be a back-up.

a Rockets pick is likely going to be a late 1st.

That doesn't make up for Knight being awful for 3 seasons and $44m dollars.

Knight is awful, ok. He will get 44MM over three seasons. You preference is 56 MM over two season of absolute dead weight - and that is better why? IDK how much Capela makes but if he leaves next year then Knight's remaining cap hold would free up 14 MM in the second year for another FA signing - did you figure that in? The present value of 14MM cap hold next year should be higher than that 15,2 the year after.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy