Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/19/2017  11:52 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Welpee wrote:Houston wants Melo (plus for them) and to unload Anderson (plus for them). So what's the benefit to us again? Houston (and Melo's reps) needs to step up and find a way to make this deal beneficial to us. Otherwise I say just wait it out. No rush on our part.

If Capela was included, i would gladly take Anderson. Would be a big get for this team. A young, up and coming player. I would give them back O'Quinn to replace their center depth. Melo and KOQ for Anderson, Capela, 2020 1st, and their non-guaranteed contracts to make it work. If Houston wants to get Melo while trading Anderson, then Capela and a future 1st is a fair price. They will still have KOQ, Nene, and T Black at center, so it leaves them plenty of depth.

More reasonable. I ran a trade through that worked also. Melo/Noah for Anderson/Gordan/Capella and Black. Ideally we could flip Gordan and Lee, or move them both somehow. These options suck. They all involve taking on guys with 3 years.

If thats the option I would wait and enter a situation where we are telling Melo to show up to camp in shape. If he's a douche in the lockerroom we can go from there. Maybe they are keeping Rambis around just to bother Melo when he reports to camp

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/19/2017  11:53 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Welpee wrote:Houston wants Melo (plus for them) and to unload Anderson (plus for them). So what's the benefit to us again? Houston (and Melo's reps) needs to step up and find a way to make this deal beneficial to us. Otherwise I say just wait it out. No rush on our part.

If Capela was included, i would gladly take Anderson. Would be a big get for this team. A young, up and coming player. I would give them back O'Quinn to replace their center depth. Melo and KOQ for Anderson, Capela, 2020 1st, and their non-guaranteed contracts to make it work. If Houston wants to get Melo while trading Anderson, then Capela and a future 1st is a fair price. They will still have KOQ, Nene, and T Black at center, so it leaves them plenty of depth.

That deal makes a lot of sense and also removes the complications of a three team deal. Is Capela a free agent after this year? It might be another incentive for Houston to move him.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y73tt7h3

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/19/2017  11:55 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

That deal makes a lot of sense and also removes the complications of a three team deal. Is Capela a free agent after this year? It might be another incentive for Houston to move him.

We already have Willy and KOQ. I'm not THAT interested in Capella. If they were willing to take Noah, that would be a different story. I wouldn't even insist on the 2020 pick.
Bonn1997
USA
7/19/2017  11:58 AM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

More reasonable. I ran a trade through that worked also. Melo/Noah for Anderson/Gordan/Capella and Black. Ideally we could flip Gordan and Lee, or move them both somehow. These options suck. They all involve taking on guys with 3 years.

If thats the option I would wait and enter a situation where we are telling Melo to show up to camp in shape. If he's a douche in the lockerroom we can go from there. Maybe they are keeping Rambis around just to bother Melo when he reports to camp

Gordon is not that good and has just as long a contract as Noah. I'd rather just take my chances on Noah being healthier. Gordon is well below average at everything other than scoring.
fishmike
USA
7/19/2017  12:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y73vhuu9another similar option with Noah going out.
CrushAlot
USA
7/19/2017  12:00 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

We already have Willy and KOQ. I'm not THAT interested in Capella. If they were willing to take Noah, that would be a different story. I wouldn't even insist on the 2020 pick.

KOQ would be moved in the trade. I don't think anyone is taking Noah. He might get stretched but I think the Knicks need to wait a year or two before doing that.
Bonn1997
USA
7/19/2017  12:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2017  12:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

KOQ would be moved in the trade. I don't think anyone is taking Noah. He might get stretched but I think the Knicks need to wait a year or two before doing that.

Right. I'm saying having KOQ and Willy at center is good enough that we don't need to make changes at center. I don't see enough added value from Capela to be willing to take back Anderson unless they also take Noah off our hands.
CrushAlot
USA
7/19/2017  12:03 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Right. I'm saying having KOQ and Willy at center is good enough that we don't need to make changes at center. I don't see enough added value from Capela to be willing to take back Anderson unless they also take Noah off our hands.

I think giving upnCapela would be their compromise. I don't think they would take Noah under any circumstance.
fishmike
USA
7/19/2017  12:04 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Gordon is not that good and has just as long a contract as Noah. I'd rather just take my chances on Noah being healthier. Gordon is well below average at everything other than scoring.
yea I agree. Gordon is never healthy and only scores. Noah could be useful in the right doses if he can get on the court. All signs point to the same thing... Rockets have garbage to offer back
Bonn1997
USA
7/19/2017  12:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I think giving upnCapela would be their compromise. I don't think they would take Noah under any circumstance.

It's a compromise that doesn't entice me though. If he takes a lot of minutes from Willy, then it's not even clear we're better. They can keep Capella if they'll take Noah IMO. They get the player they want. We take their bad contract but they take a worse contract.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/19/2017  12:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

If Houston can't take any other team to help then I would gladly make this trade...

Melo and Noah for Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, Ariza, Zhou Qi, Sergio Llull and a future 1st round pick.

That is the price for Melo if you want us to take Anderson.

Bonn1997
USA
7/19/2017  12:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2017  12:23 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

If Houston can't take any other team to help then I would gladly make this trade...

Melo and Noah for Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, Ariza, Zhou Qi, Sergio Llull and a future 1st round pick.

Interesting. Is Llull a PG? Is he going to play in the US next season? How highly regarded is he?
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/19/2017  12:24 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:The solution is for Melo to accept a deal to another team. Opt out next off season and sign with Houston as a FA. Or maybe an even better opportunity presents itself when the banana boat all are available.

Melo was fine with staying in NY as far as we knew until Paul went totally unexpectedly to Houston.

He's playing it to his advantage to get where he wants to go most. But I think people need to consider that Melo staying in NY may not actually the apocalypse. He may not want to leave as badly as all that.

btw, if he opts out next year to sign with Houston as a FA he opts out of $28m to sign for their MLE.

Houston of course would have to find a way to dump Anderson which may be easier next off season when he has 2 yrs left instead of 3.
He should accept a deal to Portland with 2 elite playmakers. Play out the year on a good team that he could maybe help with some good pieces. Then pick his team.

A deal with OKC may make some sense. They may want to unload Kanter for better spacing. He can be moved in a 3 team deal. Nicer player to get something back for then Anderson.

He's trying to pick his team now so his first choice will also have his bird rights.

Accepting any other team other than his first choices just doesn't offer him any upside.

And I don't see any Portland package that's any more attractive than Anderson.

At this stage of the game does bird rights mean anything though? His next contract will probably be his last. Will he make more then 20 mil per year on his next contract?

Of course it does. Bird Rights isn't just for getting THE max, its for getting YOUR max at whatever stage in your career you are.

A team with his Bird Rights would be in position to give him his maximum effective value, more perhaps than he can get from a team with cap space in the open market.

It's not about Houston (for example) giving him $30m per year his next contract, but they don't have to create cap space to give him $17m or whatever he'd be worth in 1 or 2 seasons.

True, they would be able to go over the cap to retain him.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/19/2017  12:38 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Interesting. Is Llull a PG? Is he going to play in the US next season? How highly regarded is he?

Llull is regarded as the best PG outside of the USA. Having KP, Willy, Kuz and Frank might entice him to finally come over to the NBA. Zhou Qi is another prospect that is very intriguing.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/19/2017  12:55 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Llull is regarded as the best PG outside of the USA. Having KP, Willy, Kuz and Frank might entice him to finally come over to the NBA. Zhou Qi is another prospect that is very intriguing.

I definitely think Llull needs to be in the deal if it's just Houston.

Noah and melo

For

Cap,Gordon,ariza,Anderson,Llull

That trade gives us a awesome bench!

Kp,cap,oquinn
Willy,Anderson,oquinn
Ariza,lance,kuz
Timmy,Gordon,Lee
Frank,baker,Llull

That's a 12 mAn rotation wow that really bolsters our bench!

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
7/19/2017  12:56 PM
Several of you want CApEla and I like him as well. He's coming into his own. Yet where are Wilys minutes? I mean we have bigs now so that capela or Nerlens, while talented mean that Wily sits or is unloaded. WhAt am I missing?
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
7/19/2017  12:56 PM
Several of you want CApEla and I like him as well. He's coming into his own. Yet where are Wilys minutes? I mean we have bigs now so that capela or Nerlens, while talented mean that Wily sits or is unloaded. WhAt am I missing?
Bonn1997
USA
7/19/2017  1:06 PM
Paris907 wrote:Several of you want CApEla and I like him as well. He's coming into his own. Yet where are Wilys minutes? I mean we have bigs now so that capela or Nerlens, while talented mean that Wily sits or is unloaded. WhAt am I missing?

Well, we're getting rid of Noah. I'm OK with Capella and Willy getting 28 and 20 mpg.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/19/2017  1:23 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Several of you want CApEla and I like him as well. He's coming into his own. Yet where are Wilys minutes? I mean we have bigs now so that capela or Nerlens, while talented mean that Wily sits or is unloaded. WhAt am I missing?

Well, we're getting rid of Noah. I'm OK with Capella and Willy getting 28 and 20 mpg.

In your scenario we are. In all actuality, it's not happening.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/19/2017  1:38 PM

This is a youth movement, so i run a 3 big man rotation of Porzingis, Willy, and Capela. Anderson will have to get minutes if we got him too. Noah would be odd man out, and serve as a mentor on the bench.

Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy