[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Posts: 22844
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

7/16/2017  10:02 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I think they are wasting too much time trying tho figure pout which third team to use and they risk losimg interest from those teams. Denver, Portland etc are in the mix

That's an interesting pure guess entirely out of thin air.

Correct - its based on how deals between corporations are negotiated and how they generally fall apart if allowed to fester.

This is utter BS, coming from someone who negotiated the sale of a company over months.

That said, a three-team trade and how complicated that is has no relevant analogy in the corporate world.

LOL - apparently the universe of deals between companies is limited to buyouts because he has participated in a grand total of ONE.

That's fair enough if you want to dismiss my experience as anecdotal. And you're right, independent of my personal experiences there is NO rule in the corporate world that says the longer negotiations occur, the least likely a deal is made.

Portland just dropped out of the facilitator role in a the there team trade.

Cite me even one report that says they dropped out?

You're assuming, there was a deal on the table involving Portland (which we have no confirmation of) that was ever close to acceptable the Knicks which we have no evidence of, and the current situation suggests is true.

So the Knicks took too long for what? To make a deal they never wanted to make?

It is in the Woj article.
One of the teams that New York and Houston had hoped would facilitate a multiteam trade for Anthony -- the Portland Trail Blazers -- plans to participate in a deal for Anthony only if he decides to expand his no-trade clause to include the Trail Blazers, league sources told ESPN.

I've read the reports. It does not say Portland is pulling out. It says it doesn't plan to participate. That isn't the same thing. Their involvement has never actually been confirmed in any detail but vague hearsay and speculation.

I'll reiterate. All we know is the Knicks are backing away from trade talks we have no idea if they were ever genuinely interested in.

If that's the case, speculation about the time frame is moot.

And the spin is in. He wants trades to be confirmed in detail before they happen.

Riiiiigghhht ... spin. From the same Woj article you're citing as proof.

Portland believes the addition of a player such as Anthony would furnish it with talent and depth comparable to those of the top Western Conference contenders, except for the Golden State Warriors, league sources said. Because of that, the Blazers have little, if any, inclination to facilitate an Anthony deal that would land him with a Western Conference rival such as Houston, league sources said.

Little, if any inclination.

So let me guess, your theory is now that the NY hedging gave Portland just enough time to remember they were in the Western Conference??

Proof? Remind me where the fukk I said anything about proof?
This a basketball forum where the off season is basically the time to discuss and analyze rumors. Deal with it.

Okay, then what is it you're arguing?

We have no idea if any deal proposed to the KNicks was ever acceptable or appealing to them, making how long it was taking irrelevant.

We have no idea if Portland was every really a facilitator for a deal. The foremost NBA authority has now reported Portland has no inclination to help Houston.

So again, what is it that I've written that you disagree with?

Me? I write a comment- Teams playing the facilitator role may pull out if we dick around too much.

Pull out of what?

Dick around how?

And who pulled out? The team with no inclination to help Houston?

You've invented a response (and described it negatively) to an invented scenario.

And now are turning that into some sort of pointless fight.

AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23336
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

7/16/2017  10:05 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I think they are wasting too much time trying tho figure pout which third team to use and they risk losimg interest from those teams. Denver, Portland etc are in the mix

That's an interesting pure guess entirely out of thin air.

Correct - its based on how deals between corporations are negotiated and how they generally fall apart if allowed to fester.

This is utter BS, coming from someone who negotiated the sale of a company over months.

That said, a three-team trade and how complicated that is has no relevant analogy in the corporate world.

LOL - apparently the universe of deals between companies is limited to buyouts because he has participated in a grand total of ONE.

That's fair enough if you want to dismiss my experience as anecdotal. And you're right, independent of my personal experiences there is NO rule in the corporate world that says the longer negotiations occur, the least likely a deal is made.

Portland just dropped out of the facilitator role in a the there team trade.

Cite me even one report that says they dropped out?

You're assuming, there was a deal on the table involving Portland (which we have no confirmation of) that was ever close to acceptable the Knicks which we have no evidence of, and the current situation suggests is true.

So the Knicks took too long for what? To make a deal they never wanted to make?

It is in the Woj article.
One of the teams that New York and Houston had hoped would facilitate a multiteam trade for Anthony -- the Portland Trail Blazers -- plans to participate in a deal for Anthony only if he decides to expand his no-trade clause to include the Trail Blazers, league sources told ESPN.

I've read the reports. It does not say Portland is pulling out. It says it doesn't plan to participate. That isn't the same thing. Their involvement has never actually been confirmed in any detail but vague hearsay and speculation.

I'll reiterate. All we know is the Knicks are backing away from trade talks we have no idea if they were ever genuinely interested in.

If that's the case, speculation about the time frame is moot.

And the spin is in. He wants trades to be confirmed in detail before they happen.

Riiiiigghhht ... spin. From the same Woj article you're citing as proof.

Portland believes the addition of a player such as Anthony would furnish it with talent and depth comparable to those of the top Western Conference contenders, except for the Golden State Warriors, league sources said. Because of that, the Blazers have little, if any, inclination to facilitate an Anthony deal that would land him with a Western Conference rival such as Houston, league sources said.

Little, if any inclination.

So let me guess, your theory is now that the NY hedging gave Portland just enough time to remember they were in the Western Conference??

Proof? Remind me where the fukk I said anything about proof?
This a basketball forum where the off season is basically the time to discuss and analyze rumors. Deal with it.

Okay, then what is it you're arguing?

We have no idea if any deal proposed to the KNicks was ever acceptable or appealing to them, making how long it was taking irrelevant.

We have no idea if Portland was every really a facilitator for a deal. The foremost NBA authority has now reported Portland has no inclination to help Houston.

So again, what is it that I've written that you disagree with?

Me? I write a comment- Teams playing the facilitator role may pull out if we dick around too much.

Pull out of what?

Dick around how?

And who pulled out? The team with no inclination to help Houston?

You've invented a response (and described it negatively) to an invented scenario.

And now are turning that into some sort of pointless fight.

I commented on a rumor, it takes two to make s pointless fight. Good night

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
Knixkik
Posts: 28264
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
7/16/2017  10:52 PM
reub wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if Milwaukee ends up being in the multi-team trade if it happens. They've got contracts they're looking to rid themselves of in Greg Monroe (1 year), Mirza Teletovic (2 years), John Henson and Matthew Delladova (3 years each). They could use a Ryan Anderson type player and have the defenders to mask some of his shortcomings.

Great point. We could actually use Delly. He could be great for the culture, plus being a younger player. And Monroe is an expiring. Makes a lot of sense.

Pretty sure Milwaukee could use Delly too! Brogdon, Delly...? Who else they got at PG?

Well i think they are serious about signing Rose. Right now milwaukee is focused on signing him, but not crossing the tax line, which is a big deal for one of the smallest market teams in the league. Unloading Monroe goes along way towards being able to sign Rose and remain under the tax line. So hypothetically, they would trade Delly and Monroe, while adding Anderson and signing Rose, all while staying below the line. That would leave them with Brogdon, Rose, and Gary Payton Jr, while Giannis is essentially their PG. If we land Delly, who fits great short term and long term, Monroe as an expiring, and Houston's 2020 1st round pick, that's not a bad haul. Houston would include a couple of those non-guaranteed contracts to make it work. If milwaukee is serious about unloading Monroe and saving some case, it makes a lot of sense for them.


Ism't Baker a bigger, younger Delly?

I think delly is better now, and can provide some leadership, but yes, my hope is that baker can grow into a delly type.

jrodmc
Posts: 30410
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
7/17/2017  9:44 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I wish the trade was made already. The new Gm process no doubt held it up.

People like jrodmc will rush into any thread to troll anyone and try to start a flame war with anyone who says anything about Melo he doesn't like. He doesn't provide value to this forum or this site when he does this, and it's all he does is exactly this. I provide actual NBA related content, discussion on the NBA marketplace, trends, the CBA, and the sports culture in general, and the best jrodmc can do is try to keep adding more bait to see who else he can troll.

What he won't do is even begin to cover the issues raised from A-G. These are clear and substantial issues regarding the cap, team chemistry, future flexibility, negative redundancy and looking at the needs/wants of the non Knicks franchise as a whole.

I do not feel sorry for you jrodmc, I feel sorry for Ultimate Knicks when you are on it. The way and manner in which you participate to absolve Melo of any actual accountability in any of his time on the Knicks just devalues the site.

Melo wants to go to Houston, for reasons A-G, the Rockets are not a seamless fit. In fact, they are a very complicated fit. If there was a Win/Win trade possible with Houston, it would have happened by now. It hasn't , and no change in GM is going to shift that. Folks here need to be prepared for the reality that Melo might just be stuck on this roster for the next year. And that he's likely going to make it ugly for this franchise to force them to buy him out.

A trade to Houston is a bad fit. Melo doesn't care. In that way, he's consistent, when it comes to what's best for the Knicks and winning and the team concept, he's never cared.

Well Triplethreat, although it's probably a waste of energy (but not anymore a waste of energy than posting here), I do feel sorry for you.

You can't, or just don't, read simple-to-understand sentences.
You list off your Melohate, and cite it as "NBA related content":
Wage war on Lin.
Melo doesn't care about bad fits. And by the way, why should what is best for Houston's entire roster be the main point of concern for someone who just wants to win?
Melo never cared about winning as a Knick.
You manufacture things to respond to (where did I absolve Melo of anything?) I commented on your continual penchant for deranged analogies, not your tremendous grasp of Houston's need for anything not named Melo. But you fail to see or comprehend this.

Melo has an NTC.
Melo wants to go to two places where they win now.
Melo is not interested in going to some 'seamless' NBA sink hole, aka Brooklyn, that in your vaunted opinion, is where he belongs, because they are not on his list.
Melo is the only HOF player currently on this roster.

These are just facts. They don't provide absolution for anything.

But your only concern is for what's best for Houston, not what's best for Melo, or possibly, the Knicks. Because in your world on the UK, Melo is:
Someone who's never cared about winning here (even though he has won here)
Never cared about the team concept (despite leading the team in assists for an entire year)
Spends all his time getting people fired (when the consensus from leading sports writers who get paid to know, insist people like Phil and MDA got themselves fired)
Is a league pariah (despite quotes from his own teammates and reports around the league to the contrary)

Now, please continue to enhance the UK's quality by posting yet another list with the same "content". Maybe you can use Roman numerals this time?

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
arkrud
Posts: 30553
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
7/17/2017  10:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2017  10:36 AM
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I wish the trade was made already. The new Gm process no doubt held it up.

People like jrodmc will rush into any thread to troll anyone and try to start a flame war with anyone who says anything about Melo he doesn't like. He doesn't provide value to this forum or this site when he does this, and it's all he does is exactly this. I provide actual NBA related content, discussion on the NBA marketplace, trends, the CBA, and the sports culture in general, and the best jrodmc can do is try to keep adding more bait to see who else he can troll.

What he won't do is even begin to cover the issues raised from A-G. These are clear and substantial issues regarding the cap, team chemistry, future flexibility, negative redundancy and looking at the needs/wants of the non Knicks franchise as a whole.

I do not feel sorry for you jrodmc, I feel sorry for Ultimate Knicks when you are on it. The way and manner in which you participate to absolve Melo of any actual accountability in any of his time on the Knicks just devalues the site.

Melo wants to go to Houston, for reasons A-G, the Rockets are not a seamless fit. In fact, they are a very complicated fit. If there was a Win/Win trade possible with Houston, it would have happened by now. It hasn't , and no change in GM is going to shift that. Folks here need to be prepared for the reality that Melo might just be stuck on this roster for the next year. And that he's likely going to make it ugly for this franchise to force them to buy him out.

A trade to Houston is a bad fit. Melo doesn't care. In that way, he's consistent, when it comes to what's best for the Knicks and winning and the team concept, he's never cared.

Well Triplethreat, although it's probably a waste of energy (but not anymore a waste of energy than posting here), I do feel sorry for you.

You can't, or just don't, read simple-to-understand sentences.
You list off your Melohate, and cite it as "NBA related content":
Wage war on Lin.
Melo doesn't care about bad fits. And by the way, why should what is best for Houston's entire roster be the main point of concern for someone who just wants to win?
Melo never cared about winning as a Knick.
You manufacture things to respond to (where did I absolve Melo of anything?) I commented on your continual penchant for deranged analogies, not your tremendous grasp of Houston's need for anything not named Melo. But you fail to see or comprehend this.

Melo has an NTC.
Melo wants to go to two places where they win now.
Melo is not interested in going to some 'seamless' NBA sink hole, aka Brooklyn, that in your vaunted opinion, is where he belongs, because they are not on his list.
Melo is the only HOF player currently on this roster.

These are just facts. They don't provide absolution for anything.

But your only concern is for what's best for Houston, not what's best for Melo, or possibly, the Knicks. Because in your world on the UK, Melo is:
Someone who's never cared about winning here (even though he has won here)
Never cared about the team concept (despite leading the team in assists for an entire year)
Spends all his time getting people fired (when the consensus from leading sports writers who get paid to know, insist people like Phil and MDA got themselves fired)
Is a league pariah (despite quotes from his own teammates and reports around the league to the contrary)

Now, please continue to enhance the UK's quality by posting yet another list with the same "content". Maybe you can use Roman numerals this time?

Not sure guys why you are wasting so much emotions on player who is irrelevant for Knicks future.
What done is done. After Melo is a Knick the team is -60 in regular season and hardly winning any games in Playoffs except of one season.
If this is "winning" it is not a winning I am interested in.
Melo should take this "winning" to some other place for what I care.

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
CrushAlot
Posts: 54848
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
7/17/2017  10:39 AM
arkrud wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I wish the trade was made already. The new Gm process no doubt held it up.

People like jrodmc will rush into any thread to troll anyone and try to start a flame war with anyone who says anything about Melo he doesn't like. He doesn't provide value to this forum or this site when he does this, and it's all he does is exactly this. I provide actual NBA related content, discussion on the NBA marketplace, trends, the CBA, and the sports culture in general, and the best jrodmc can do is try to keep adding more bait to see who else he can troll.

What he won't do is even begin to cover the issues raised from A-G. These are clear and substantial issues regarding the cap, team chemistry, future flexibility, negative redundancy and looking at the needs/wants of the non Knicks franchise as a whole.

I do not feel sorry for you jrodmc, I feel sorry for Ultimate Knicks when you are on it. The way and manner in which you participate to absolve Melo of any actual accountability in any of his time on the Knicks just devalues the site.

Melo wants to go to Houston, for reasons A-G, the Rockets are not a seamless fit. In fact, they are a very complicated fit. If there was a Win/Win trade possible with Houston, it would have happened by now. It hasn't , and no change in GM is going to shift that. Folks here need to be prepared for the reality that Melo might just be stuck on this roster for the next year. And that he's likely going to make it ugly for this franchise to force them to buy him out.

A trade to Houston is a bad fit. Melo doesn't care. In that way, he's consistent, when it comes to what's best for the Knicks and winning and the team concept, he's never cared.

Well Triplethreat, although it's probably a waste of energy (but not anymore a waste of energy than posting here), I do feel sorry for you.

You can't, or just don't, read simple-to-understand sentences.
You list off your Melohate, and cite it as "NBA related content":
Wage war on Lin.
Melo doesn't care about bad fits. And by the way, why should what is best for Houston's entire roster be the main point of concern for someone who just wants to win?
Melo never cared about winning as a Knick.
You manufacture things to respond to (where did I absolve Melo of anything?) I commented on your continual penchant for deranged analogies, not your tremendous grasp of Houston's need for anything not named Melo. But you fail to see or comprehend this.

Melo has an NTC.
Melo wants to go to two places where they win now.
Melo is not interested in going to some 'seamless' NBA sink hole, aka Brooklyn, that in your vaunted opinion, is where he belongs, because they are not on his list.
Melo is the only HOF player currently on this roster.

These are just facts. They don't provide absolution for anything.

But your only concern is for what's best for Houston, not what's best for Melo, or possibly, the Knicks. Because in your world on the UK, Melo is:
Someone who's never cared about winning here (even though he has won here)
Never cared about the team concept (despite leading the team in assists for an entire year)
Spends all his time getting people fired (when the consensus from leading sports writers who get paid to know, insist people like Phil and MDA got themselves fired)
Is a league pariah (despite quotes from his own teammates and reports around the league to the contrary)

Now, please continue to enhance the UK's quality by posting yet another list with the same "content". Maybe you can use Roman numerals this time?

Not sure guys why you are wasting so much emotions on player who is irrelevant for Knicks future.
What done is done. After Melo is a Knick the team is -60 in regular season and hardly winning any games in Playoffs except of one season.
If this is "winning" it is not a winning I am interested in.
Melo should take this "winning" to some other place for what I care.


I think you need to look at Melo's Knick years as to different eras, before Phil (they were winning) and during Phil (prolific losing). Blaming the Knicks losing on Melo during Phil's era of accidental tanking is short sighted and not accurate in my opinion.
I've seen scant proof that a majestic aura trumps a sound plan, but maybe that's just because I wasn't looking at Phil Jackson... Seth Rosenthal 2014
fishmike
Posts: 47216
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
7/17/2017  11:05 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
arkrud wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I wish the trade was made already. The new Gm process no doubt held it up.

People like jrodmc will rush into any thread to troll anyone and try to start a flame war with anyone who says anything about Melo he doesn't like. He doesn't provide value to this forum or this site when he does this, and it's all he does is exactly this. I provide actual NBA related content, discussion on the NBA marketplace, trends, the CBA, and the sports culture in general, and the best jrodmc can do is try to keep adding more bait to see who else he can troll.

What he won't do is even begin to cover the issues raised from A-G. These are clear and substantial issues regarding the cap, team chemistry, future flexibility, negative redundancy and looking at the needs/wants of the non Knicks franchise as a whole.

I do not feel sorry for you jrodmc, I feel sorry for Ultimate Knicks when you are on it. The way and manner in which you participate to absolve Melo of any actual accountability in any of his time on the Knicks just devalues the site.

Melo wants to go to Houston, for reasons A-G, the Rockets are not a seamless fit. In fact, they are a very complicated fit. If there was a Win/Win trade possible with Houston, it would have happened by now. It hasn't , and no change in GM is going to shift that. Folks here need to be prepared for the reality that Melo might just be stuck on this roster for the next year. And that he's likely going to make it ugly for this franchise to force them to buy him out.

A trade to Houston is a bad fit. Melo doesn't care. In that way, he's consistent, when it comes to what's best for the Knicks and winning and the team concept, he's never cared.

Well Triplethreat, although it's probably a waste of energy (but not anymore a waste of energy than posting here), I do feel sorry for you.

You can't, or just don't, read simple-to-understand sentences.
You list off your Melohate, and cite it as "NBA related content":
Wage war on Lin.
Melo doesn't care about bad fits. And by the way, why should what is best for Houston's entire roster be the main point of concern for someone who just wants to win?
Melo never cared about winning as a Knick.
You manufacture things to respond to (where did I absolve Melo of anything?) I commented on your continual penchant for deranged analogies, not your tremendous grasp of Houston's need for anything not named Melo. But you fail to see or comprehend this.

Melo has an NTC.
Melo wants to go to two places where they win now.
Melo is not interested in going to some 'seamless' NBA sink hole, aka Brooklyn, that in your vaunted opinion, is where he belongs, because they are not on his list.
Melo is the only HOF player currently on this roster.

These are just facts. They don't provide absolution for anything.

But your only concern is for what's best for Houston, not what's best for Melo, or possibly, the Knicks. Because in your world on the UK, Melo is:
Someone who's never cared about winning here (even though he has won here)
Never cared about the team concept (despite leading the team in assists for an entire year)
Spends all his time getting people fired (when the consensus from leading sports writers who get paid to know, insist people like Phil and MDA got themselves fired)
Is a league pariah (despite quotes from his own teammates and reports around the league to the contrary)

Now, please continue to enhance the UK's quality by posting yet another list with the same "content". Maybe you can use Roman numerals this time?

Not sure guys why you are wasting so much emotions on player who is irrelevant for Knicks future.
What done is done. After Melo is a Knick the team is -60 in regular season and hardly winning any games in Playoffs except of one season.
If this is "winning" it is not a winning I am interested in.
Melo should take this "winning" to some other place for what I care.


I think you need to look at Melo's Knick years as to different eras, before Phil (they were winning) and during Phil (prolific losing). Blaming the Knicks losing on Melo during Phil's era of accidental tanking is short sighted and not accurate in my opinion.
Knicks were a .500 before Melo got here. 28-26 in fact exactly. They continued to be about a .500 team with the one 54 win exception. In 7 years here with Melo the Knicks had one good season. The rest is not memorable. That one season ended with a couple great games from Melo helping fans forget the reason we were down in the series in the first place was he shot us out of 3 games. But lets not tarnish Jrod's most coveted childhood memory, and simply say Melo's time in NY was underwhelming, and Melo did little or nothing to address the career stigmas that he is a me first player and does little to nothing to elevate the play of those around him. Tough break.
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
CrushAlot
Posts: 54848
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
7/17/2017  11:48 AM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
arkrud wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I wish the trade was made already. The new Gm process no doubt held it up.

People like jrodmc will rush into any thread to troll anyone and try to start a flame war with anyone who says anything about Melo he doesn't like. He doesn't provide value to this forum or this site when he does this, and it's all he does is exactly this. I provide actual NBA related content, discussion on the NBA marketplace, trends, the CBA, and the sports culture in general, and the best jrodmc can do is try to keep adding more bait to see who else he can troll.

What he won't do is even begin to cover the issues raised from A-G. These are clear and substantial issues regarding the cap, team chemistry, future flexibility, negative redundancy and looking at the needs/wants of the non Knicks franchise as a whole.

I do not feel sorry for you jrodmc, I feel sorry for Ultimate Knicks when you are on it. The way and manner in which you participate to absolve Melo of any actual accountability in any of his time on the Knicks just devalues the site.

Melo wants to go to Houston, for reasons A-G, the Rockets are not a seamless fit. In fact, they are a very complicated fit. If there was a Win/Win trade possible with Houston, it would have happened by now. It hasn't , and no change in GM is going to shift that. Folks here need to be prepared for the reality that Melo might just be stuck on this roster for the next year. And that he's likely going to make it ugly for this franchise to force them to buy him out.

A trade to Houston is a bad fit. Melo doesn't care. In that way, he's consistent, when it comes to what's best for the Knicks and winning and the team concept, he's never cared.

Well Triplethreat, although it's probably a waste of energy (but not anymore a waste of energy than posting here), I do feel sorry for you.

You can't, or just don't, read simple-to-understand sentences.
You list off your Melohate, and cite it as "NBA related content":
Wage war on Lin.
Melo doesn't care about bad fits. And by the way, why should what is best for Houston's entire roster be the main point of concern for someone who just wants to win?
Melo never cared about winning as a Knick.
You manufacture things to respond to (where did I absolve Melo of anything?) I commented on your continual penchant for deranged analogies, not your tremendous grasp of Houston's need for anything not named Melo. But you fail to see or comprehend this.

Melo has an NTC.
Melo wants to go to two places where they win now.
Melo is not interested in going to some 'seamless' NBA sink hole, aka Brooklyn, that in your vaunted opinion, is where he belongs, because they are not on his list.
Melo is the only HOF player currently on this roster.

These are just facts. They don't provide absolution for anything.

But your only concern is for what's best for Houston, not what's best for Melo, or possibly, the Knicks. Because in your world on the UK, Melo is:
Someone who's never cared about winning here (even though he has won here)
Never cared about the team concept (despite leading the team in assists for an entire year)
Spends all his time getting people fired (when the consensus from leading sports writers who get paid to know, insist people like Phil and MDA got themselves fired)
Is a league pariah (despite quotes from his own teammates and reports around the league to the contrary)

Now, please continue to enhance the UK's quality by posting yet another list with the same "content". Maybe you can use Roman numerals this time?

Not sure guys why you are wasting so much emotions on player who is irrelevant for Knicks future.
What done is done. After Melo is a Knick the team is -60 in regular season and hardly winning any games in Playoffs except of one season.
If this is "winning" it is not a winning I am interested in.
Melo should take this "winning" to some other place for what I care.


I think you need to look at Melo's Knick years as to different eras, before Phil (they were winning) and during Phil (prolific losing). Blaming the Knicks losing on Melo during Phil's era of accidental tanking is short sighted and not accurate in my opinion.
Knicks were a .500 before Melo got here. 28-26 in fact exactly. They continued to be about a .500 team with the one 54 win exception. In 7 years here with Melo the Knicks had one good season. The rest is not memorable. That one season ended with a couple great games from Melo helping fans forget the reason we were down in the series in the first place was he shot us out of 3 games. But lets not tarnish Jrod's most coveted childhood memory, and simply say Melo's time in NY was underwhelming, and Melo did little or nothing to address the career stigmas that he is a me first player and does little to nothing to elevate the play of those around him. Tough break.

No one could predict the dysfunction and mismanagement that followed that 54 win season. What has happened and how things were handled up until the Perry hire could never be predicted and would seem unbelieveable except that it happened. Not sure how that gets put on Melo.
I've seen scant proof that a majestic aura trumps a sound plan, but maybe that's just because I wasn't looking at Phil Jackson... Seth Rosenthal 2014
newyorker4ever
Posts: 26109
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/19/2014
Member: #5816

7/17/2017  11:55 AM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if Milwaukee ends up being in the multi-team trade if it happens. They've got contracts they're looking to rid themselves of in Greg Monroe (1 year), Mirza Teletovic (2 years), John Henson and Matthew Delladova (3 years each). They could use a Ryan Anderson type player and have the defenders to mask some of his shortcomings.

Great point. We could actually use Delly. He could be great for the culture, plus being a younger player. And Monroe is an expiring. Makes a lot of sense.

Pretty sure Milwaukee could use Delly too! Brogdon, Delly...? Who else they got at PG?

They might still sign D.Rose.

martin
Posts: 46001
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
7/17/2017  12:02 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if Milwaukee ends up being in the multi-team trade if it happens. They've got contracts they're looking to rid themselves of in Greg Monroe (1 year), Mirza Teletovic (2 years), John Henson and Matthew Delladova (3 years each). They could use a Ryan Anderson type player and have the defenders to mask some of his shortcomings.

Great point. We could actually use Delly. He could be great for the culture, plus being a younger player. And Monroe is an expiring. Makes a lot of sense.

Pretty sure Milwaukee could use Delly too! Brogdon, Delly...? Who else they got at PG?

They might still sign D.Rose.

They'd better sign someone else behind Rose too.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Posts: 47216
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
7/17/2017  12:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
arkrud wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I wish the trade was made already. The new Gm process no doubt held it up.

People like jrodmc will rush into any thread to troll anyone and try to start a flame war with anyone who says anything about Melo he doesn't like. He doesn't provide value to this forum or this site when he does this, and it's all he does is exactly this. I provide actual NBA related content, discussion on the NBA marketplace, trends, the CBA, and the sports culture in general, and the best jrodmc can do is try to keep adding more bait to see who else he can troll.

What he won't do is even begin to cover the issues raised from A-G. These are clear and substantial issues regarding the cap, team chemistry, future flexibility, negative redundancy and looking at the needs/wants of the non Knicks franchise as a whole.

I do not feel sorry for you jrodmc, I feel sorry for Ultimate Knicks when you are on it. The way and manner in which you participate to absolve Melo of any actual accountability in any of his time on the Knicks just devalues the site.

Melo wants to go to Houston, for reasons A-G, the Rockets are not a seamless fit. In fact, they are a very complicated fit. If there was a Win/Win trade possible with Houston, it would have happened by now. It hasn't , and no change in GM is going to shift that. Folks here need to be prepared for the reality that Melo might just be stuck on this roster for the next year. And that he's likely going to make it ugly for this franchise to force them to buy him out.

A trade to Houston is a bad fit. Melo doesn't care. In that way, he's consistent, when it comes to what's best for the Knicks and winning and the team concept, he's never cared.

Well Triplethreat, although it's probably a waste of energy (but not anymore a waste of energy than posting here), I do feel sorry for you.

You can't, or just don't, read simple-to-understand sentences.
You list off your Melohate, and cite it as "NBA related content":
Wage war on Lin.
Melo doesn't care about bad fits. And by the way, why should what is best for Houston's entire roster be the main point of concern for someone who just wants to win?
Melo never cared about winning as a Knick.
You manufacture things to respond to (where did I absolve Melo of anything?) I commented on your continual penchant for deranged analogies, not your tremendous grasp of Houston's need for anything not named Melo. But you fail to see or comprehend this.

Melo has an NTC.
Melo wants to go to two places where they win now.
Melo is not interested in going to some 'seamless' NBA sink hole, aka Brooklyn, that in your vaunted opinion, is where he belongs, because they are not on his list.
Melo is the only HOF player currently on this roster.

These are just facts. They don't provide absolution for anything.

But your only concern is for what's best for Houston, not what's best for Melo, or possibly, the Knicks. Because in your world on the UK, Melo is:
Someone who's never cared about winning here (even though he has won here)
Never cared about the team concept (despite leading the team in assists for an entire year)
Spends all his time getting people fired (when the consensus from leading sports writers who get paid to know, insist people like Phil and MDA got themselves fired)
Is a league pariah (despite quotes from his own teammates and reports around the league to the contrary)

Now, please continue to enhance the UK's quality by posting yet another list with the same "content". Maybe you can use Roman numerals this time?

Not sure guys why you are wasting so much emotions on player who is irrelevant for Knicks future.
What done is done. After Melo is a Knick the team is -60 in regular season and hardly winning any games in Playoffs except of one season.
If this is "winning" it is not a winning I am interested in.
Melo should take this "winning" to some other place for what I care.


I think you need to look at Melo's Knick years as to different eras, before Phil (they were winning) and during Phil (prolific losing). Blaming the Knicks losing on Melo during Phil's era of accidental tanking is short sighted and not accurate in my opinion.
Knicks were a .500 before Melo got here. 28-26 in fact exactly. They continued to be about a .500 team with the one 54 win exception. In 7 years here with Melo the Knicks had one good season. The rest is not memorable. That one season ended with a couple great games from Melo helping fans forget the reason we were down in the series in the first place was he shot us out of 3 games. But lets not tarnish Jrod's most coveted childhood memory, and simply say Melo's time in NY was underwhelming, and Melo did little or nothing to address the career stigmas that he is a me first player and does little to nothing to elevate the play of those around him. Tough break.

No one could predict the dysfunction and mismanagement that followed that 54 win season. What has happened and how things were handled up until the Perry hire could never be predicted and would seem unbelieveable except that it happened. Not sure how that gets put on Melo.
where do you see me putting it on Melo? The 54 win team was loaded with old guys who played pretty big roles at point or another. What we learned from that run was that is was unsustainable. What talent did we lose? What great players went on after that season kill it for other teams? Was it the loss of Chris Copeland that sunk us? Melo had a GREAT year. Fantastic and nobody will take that away. Melo also had career years in rebounding and shooting the 3 that year... two other aspects that were not sustainable. It was not a sustainable model. Plain and simple.
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
NYKBocker
Posts: 35145
Alba Posts: 471
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
7/17/2017  1:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2017  1:31 PM
Saw this in clutchfans

fitzfarm
Posts: 23504
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2010
Member: #3285

7/17/2017  1:54 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Saw this in clutchfans

Any rumor on what it's for?

smackeddog
Posts: 32381
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
7/17/2017  1:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2017  1:59 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Saw this in clutchfans

Gulp! if it is a melo trade please don't be a crap one! Clutch fans seem to think it'll be some business/sponsorship thing as it's not being announced by morey.

CrushAlot
Posts: 54848
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
7/17/2017  2:03 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Saw this in clutchfans

Gulp! if it is a melo trade please don't be a crap one! Clutch fans seem to think it'll be some business/sponsorship thing as it's not being announced by morey.

Wow.
I've seen scant proof that a majestic aura trumps a sound plan, but maybe that's just because I wasn't looking at Phil Jackson... Seth Rosenthal 2014
nyknickzingis
Posts: 22598
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/8/2015
Member: #6207

7/17/2017  2:04 PM
Rocket fans think it's a jersey sponsorship thing.
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22059
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

7/17/2017  2:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2017  2:59 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
arkrud wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I wish the trade was made already. The new Gm process no doubt held it up.

People like jrodmc will rush into any thread to troll anyone and try to start a flame war with anyone who says anything about Melo he doesn't like. He doesn't provide value to this forum or this site when he does this, and it's all he does is exactly this. I provide actual NBA related content, discussion on the NBA marketplace, trends, the CBA, and the sports culture in general, and the best jrodmc can do is try to keep adding more bait to see who else he can troll.

What he won't do is even begin to cover the issues raised from A-G. These are clear and substantial issues regarding the cap, team chemistry, future flexibility, negative redundancy and looking at the needs/wants of the non Knicks franchise as a whole.

I do not feel sorry for you jrodmc, I feel sorry for Ultimate Knicks when you are on it. The way and manner in which you participate to absolve Melo of any actual accountability in any of his time on the Knicks just devalues the site.

Melo wants to go to Houston, for reasons A-G, the Rockets are not a seamless fit. In fact, they are a very complicated fit. If there was a Win/Win trade possible with Houston, it would have happened by now. It hasn't , and no change in GM is going to shift that. Folks here need to be prepared for the reality that Melo might just be stuck on this roster for the next year. And that he's likely going to make it ugly for this franchise to force them to buy him out.

A trade to Houston is a bad fit. Melo doesn't care. In that way, he's consistent, when it comes to what's best for the Knicks and winning and the team concept, he's never cared.

Well Triplethreat, although it's probably a waste of energy (but not anymore a waste of energy than posting here), I do feel sorry for you.

You can't, or just don't, read simple-to-understand sentences.
You list off your Melohate, and cite it as "NBA related content":
Wage war on Lin.
Melo doesn't care about bad fits. And by the way, why should what is best for Houston's entire roster be the main point of concern for someone who just wants to win?
Melo never cared about winning as a Knick.
You manufacture things to respond to (where did I absolve Melo of anything?) I commented on your continual penchant for deranged analogies, not your tremendous grasp of Houston's need for anything not named Melo. But you fail to see or comprehend this.

Melo has an NTC.
Melo wants to go to two places where they win now.
Melo is not interested in going to some 'seamless' NBA sink hole, aka Brooklyn, that in your vaunted opinion, is where he belongs, because they are not on his list.
Melo is the only HOF player currently on this roster.

These are just facts. They don't provide absolution for anything.

But your only concern is for what's best for Houston, not what's best for Melo, or possibly, the Knicks. Because in your world on the UK, Melo is:
Someone who's never cared about winning here (even though he has won here)
Never cared about the team concept (despite leading the team in assists for an entire year)
Spends all his time getting people fired (when the consensus from leading sports writers who get paid to know, insist people like Phil and MDA got themselves fired)
Is a league pariah (despite quotes from his own teammates and reports around the league to the contrary)

Now, please continue to enhance the UK's quality by posting yet another list with the same "content". Maybe you can use Roman numerals this time?

Not sure guys why you are wasting so much emotions on player who is irrelevant for Knicks future.
What done is done. After Melo is a Knick the team is -60 in regular season and hardly winning any games in Playoffs except of one season.
If this is "winning" it is not a winning I am interested in.
Melo should take this "winning" to some other place for what I care.


I think you need to look at Melo's Knick years as to different eras, before Phil (they were winning) and during Phil (prolific losing). Blaming the Knicks losing on Melo during Phil's era of accidental tanking is short sighted and not accurate in my opinion.
Knicks were a .500 before Melo got here. 28-26 in fact exactly. They continued to be about a .500 team with the one 54 win exception. In 7 years here with Melo the Knicks had one good season. The rest is not memorable. That one season ended with a couple great games from Melo helping fans forget the reason we were down in the series in the first place was he shot us out of 3 games. But lets not tarnish Jrod's most coveted childhood memory, and simply say Melo's time in NY was underwhelming, and Melo did little or nothing to address the career stigmas that he is a me first player and does little to nothing to elevate the play of those around him. Tough break.

So after Melo was traded, the Knicks kept most their players? You make it seem like yiu dont know that the team was gutted? Typical Knick/Dolan move. Aside from the 54 win season and 37 win season, who exactly was on the roster with him? C'mon Fish, you know very well.the rosters he has played with were bottom on the league type.

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
fishmike
Posts: 47216
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
7/17/2017  3:17 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
arkrud wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I wish the trade was made already. The new Gm process no doubt held it up.

People like jrodmc will rush into any thread to troll anyone and try to start a flame war with anyone who says anything about Melo he doesn't like. He doesn't provide value to this forum or this site when he does this, and it's all he does is exactly this. I provide actual NBA related content, discussion on the NBA marketplace, trends, the CBA, and the sports culture in general, and the best jrodmc can do is try to keep adding more bait to see who else he can troll.

What he won't do is even begin to cover the issues raised from A-G. These are clear and substantial issues regarding the cap, team chemistry, future flexibility, negative redundancy and looking at the needs/wants of the non Knicks franchise as a whole.

I do not feel sorry for you jrodmc, I feel sorry for Ultimate Knicks when you are on it. The way and manner in which you participate to absolve Melo of any actual accountability in any of his time on the Knicks just devalues the site.

Melo wants to go to Houston, for reasons A-G, the Rockets are not a seamless fit. In fact, they are a very complicated fit. If there was a Win/Win trade possible with Houston, it would have happened by now. It hasn't , and no change in GM is going to shift that. Folks here need to be prepared for the reality that Melo might just be stuck on this roster for the next year. And that he's likely going to make it ugly for this franchise to force them to buy him out.

A trade to Houston is a bad fit. Melo doesn't care. In that way, he's consistent, when it comes to what's best for the Knicks and winning and the team concept, he's never cared.

Well Triplethreat, although it's probably a waste of energy (but not anymore a waste of energy than posting here), I do feel sorry for you.

You can't, or just don't, read simple-to-understand sentences.
You list off your Melohate, and cite it as "NBA related content":
Wage war on Lin.
Melo doesn't care about bad fits. And by the way, why should what is best for Houston's entire roster be the main point of concern for someone who just wants to win?
Melo never cared about winning as a Knick.
You manufacture things to respond to (where did I absolve Melo of anything?) I commented on your continual penchant for deranged analogies, not your tremendous grasp of Houston's need for anything not named Melo. But you fail to see or comprehend this.

Melo has an NTC.
Melo wants to go to two places where they win now.
Melo is not interested in going to some 'seamless' NBA sink hole, aka Brooklyn, that in your vaunted opinion, is where he belongs, because they are not on his list.
Melo is the only HOF player currently on this roster.

These are just facts. They don't provide absolution for anything.

But your only concern is for what's best for Houston, not what's best for Melo, or possibly, the Knicks. Because in your world on the UK, Melo is:
Someone who's never cared about winning here (even though he has won here)
Never cared about the team concept (despite leading the team in assists for an entire year)
Spends all his time getting people fired (when the consensus from leading sports writers who get paid to know, insist people like Phil and MDA got themselves fired)
Is a league pariah (despite quotes from his own teammates and reports around the league to the contrary)

Now, please continue to enhance the UK's quality by posting yet another list with the same "content". Maybe you can use Roman numerals this time?

Not sure guys why you are wasting so much emotions on player who is irrelevant for Knicks future.
What done is done. After Melo is a Knick the team is -60 in regular season and hardly winning any games in Playoffs except of one season.
If this is "winning" it is not a winning I am interested in.
Melo should take this "winning" to some other place for what I care.


I think you need to look at Melo's Knick years as to different eras, before Phil (they were winning) and during Phil (prolific losing). Blaming the Knicks losing on Melo during Phil's era of accidental tanking is short sighted and not accurate in my opinion.
Knicks were a .500 before Melo got here. 28-26 in fact exactly. They continued to be about a .500 team with the one 54 win exception. In 7 years here with Melo the Knicks had one good season. The rest is not memorable. That one season ended with a couple great games from Melo helping fans forget the reason we were down in the series in the first place was he shot us out of 3 games. But lets not tarnish Jrod's most coveted childhood memory, and simply say Melo's time in NY was underwhelming, and Melo did little or nothing to address the career stigmas that he is a me first player and does little to nothing to elevate the play of those around him. Tough break.

So after Melo was traded, the Knicks kept most their players? You make it seem like yiu dont know that the team was gutted? Typical Knick/Dolan move. Aside from the 54 win season and 37 win season, who exactly was on the roster with him? C'mon Fish, you know very well.the rosters he has played with were bottom on the league type.

Are you saying that trade didnt make the Knicks better? My god all the picks they traded with a HOF player coming back I would hope they could survive losing Chandler/Gallo yea.

Its funny.. because for the last 3 years I have listened to Knick fans blast Phil for not getting more from traded players like JR/Shump (went on to become champs), DPOY Tyson (never trade big for small), etc etc.. but when it comes to Melo nothing is his fault because he played with the NBA's worst rosters.

They were not great but not garbage either.

That was not the point. The point was at the end of the day the "Melo era" will be remembered as nothing much of interest. Yea's a HOF scorer for sure. During his Knick tenure Melo mostly got his points, didnt really make anyone around him better, added to his reputation for being a someone not interested in playing defense and was the only steady in a franchise that churns out rosters, coaches and GMs. Melo was around. He got his points. Maybe he would have been great somewhere else. Maybe Mitch Richmond would have been. Maybe Dominique Wilkins would have been. Those are guys similar to Melo.

Melo's best chance is to follow Ray Allen's career path and catch on with a couple guys he can lean on a bit more. Go from being a #1 to a #3.

Doesnt matter. I have always rooted for him to succeed. When he chucked I called him a chucker. When he quit I called him a quitter. When he played like an MVP candidate I defended his excellent play. When he quit again tried to take the youth over to his side I say see ya. At this age it aint happening.

As for a trade I just want what is best for the Knicks.

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
Nalod
Posts: 53840
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
7/17/2017  3:21 PM
reub wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if Milwaukee ends up being in the multi-team trade if it happens. They've got contracts they're looking to rid themselves of in Greg Monroe (1 year), Mirza Teletovic (2 years), John Henson and Matthew Delladova (3 years each). They could use a Ryan Anderson type player and have the defenders to mask some of his shortcomings.

Great point. We could actually use Delly. He could be great for the culture, plus being a younger player. And Monroe is an expiring. Makes a lot of sense.

Pretty sure Milwaukee could use Delly too! Brogdon, Delly...? Who else they got at PG?

Well i think they are serious about signing Rose. Right now milwaukee is focused on signing him, but not crossing the tax line, which is a big deal for one of the smallest market teams in the league. Unloading Monroe goes along way towards being able to sign Rose and remain under the tax line. So hypothetically, they would trade Delly and Monroe, while adding Anderson and signing Rose, all while staying below the line. That would leave them with Brogdon, Rose, and Gary Payton Jr, while Giannis is essentially their PG. If we land Delly, who fits great short term and long term, Monroe as an expiring, and Houston's 2020 1st round pick, that's not a bad haul. Houston would include a couple of those non-guaranteed contracts to make it work. If milwaukee is serious about unloading Monroe and saving some case, it makes a lot of sense for them.


Ism't Baker a bigger, younger Delly?

yeah. he is white.
Anger sells, don't buy!
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22059
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

7/17/2017  3:39 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
arkrud wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I wish the trade was made already. The new Gm process no doubt held it up.

People like jrodmc will rush into any thread to troll anyone and try to start a flame war with anyone who says anything about Melo he doesn't like. He doesn't provide value to this forum or this site when he does this, and it's all he does is exactly this. I provide actual NBA related content, discussion on the NBA marketplace, trends, the CBA, and the sports culture in general, and the best jrodmc can do is try to keep adding more bait to see who else he can troll.

What he won't do is even begin to cover the issues raised from A-G. These are clear and substantial issues regarding the cap, team chemistry, future flexibility, negative redundancy and looking at the needs/wants of the non Knicks franchise as a whole.

I do not feel sorry for you jrodmc, I feel sorry for Ultimate Knicks when you are on it. The way and manner in which you participate to absolve Melo of any actual accountability in any of his time on the Knicks just devalues the site.

Melo wants to go to Houston, for reasons A-G, the Rockets are not a seamless fit. In fact, they are a very complicated fit. If there was a Win/Win trade possible with Houston, it would have happened by now. It hasn't , and no change in GM is going to shift that. Folks here need to be prepared for the reality that Melo might just be stuck on this roster for the next year. And that he's likely going to make it ugly for this franchise to force them to buy him out.

A trade to Houston is a bad fit. Melo doesn't care. In that way, he's consistent, when it comes to what's best for the Knicks and winning and the team concept, he's never cared.

Well Triplethreat, although it's probably a waste of energy (but not anymore a waste of energy than posting here), I do feel sorry for you.

You can't, or just don't, read simple-to-understand sentences.
You list off your Melohate, and cite it as "NBA related content":
Wage war on Lin.
Melo doesn't care about bad fits. And by the way, why should what is best for Houston's entire roster be the main point of concern for someone who just wants to win?
Melo never cared about winning as a Knick.
You manufacture things to respond to (where did I absolve Melo of anything?) I commented on your continual penchant for deranged analogies, not your tremendous grasp of Houston's need for anything not named Melo. But you fail to see or comprehend this.

Melo has an NTC.
Melo wants to go to two places where they win now.
Melo is not interested in going to some 'seamless' NBA sink hole, aka Brooklyn, that in your vaunted opinion, is where he belongs, because they are not on his list.
Melo is the only HOF player currently on this roster.

These are just facts. They don't provide absolution for anything.

But your only concern is for what's best for Houston, not what's best for Melo, or possibly, the Knicks. Because in your world on the UK, Melo is:
Someone who's never cared about winning here (even though he has won here)
Never cared about the team concept (despite leading the team in assists for an entire year)
Spends all his time getting people fired (when the consensus from leading sports writers who get paid to know, insist people like Phil and MDA got themselves fired)
Is a league pariah (despite quotes from his own teammates and reports around the league to the contrary)

Now, please continue to enhance the UK's quality by posting yet another list with the same "content". Maybe you can use Roman numerals this time?

Not sure guys why you are wasting so much emotions on player who is irrelevant for Knicks future.
What done is done. After Melo is a Knick the team is -60 in regular season and hardly winning any games in Playoffs except of one season.
If this is "winning" it is not a winning I am interested in.
Melo should take this "winning" to some other place for what I care.


I think you need to look at Melo's Knick years as to different eras, before Phil (they were winning) and during Phil (prolific losing). Blaming the Knicks losing on Melo during Phil's era of accidental tanking is short sighted and not accurate in my opinion.
Knicks were a .500 before Melo got here. 28-26 in fact exactly. They continued to be about a .500 team with the one 54 win exception. In 7 years here with Melo the Knicks had one good season. The rest is not memorable. That one season ended with a couple great games from Melo helping fans forget the reason we were down in the series in the first place was he shot us out of 3 games. But lets not tarnish Jrod's most coveted childhood memory, and simply say Melo's time in NY was underwhelming, and Melo did little or nothing to address the career stigmas that he is a me first player and does little to nothing to elevate the play of those around him. Tough break.

So after Melo was traded, the Knicks kept most their players? You make it seem like yiu dont know that the team was gutted? Typical Knick/Dolan move. Aside from the 54 win season and 37 win season, who exactly was on the roster with him? C'mon Fish, you know very well.the rosters he has played with were bottom on the league type.

Are you saying that trade didnt make the Knicks better? My god all the picks they traded with a HOF player coming back I would hope they could survive losing Chandler/Gallo yea.

Its funny.. because for the last 3 years I have listened to Knick fans blast Phil for not getting more from traded players like JR/Shump (went on to become champs), DPOY Tyson (never trade big for small), etc etc.. but when it comes to Melo nothing is his fault because he played with the NBA's worst rosters.

They were not great but not garbage either.

That was not the point. The point was at the end of the day the "Melo era" will be remembered as nothing much of interest. Yea's a HOF scorer for sure. During his Knick tenure Melo mostly got his points, didnt really make anyone around him better, added to his reputation for being a someone not interested in playing defense and was the only steady in a franchise that churns out rosters, coaches and GMs. Melo was around. He got his points. Maybe he would have been great somewhere else. Maybe Mitch Richmond would have been. Maybe Dominique Wilkins would have been. Those are guys similar to Melo.

Melo's best chance is to follow Ray Allen's career path and catch on with a couple guys he can lean on a bit more. Go from being a #1 to a #3.

Doesnt matter. I have always rooted for him to succeed. When he chucked I called him a chucker. When he quit I called him a quitter. When he played like an MVP candidate I defended his excellent play. When he quit again tried to take the youth over to his side I say see ya. At this age it aint happening.

As for a trade I just want what is best for the Knicks.

Your right. Melo is a HOF.
Yes we were given a HOF but the Rooster and Chandler, while not great, were better than any of the misfits left. The ones you claim he should have had a better recors with.

As for the Melo era.. Here is the problem with some Knick fans. They lose all perception of how things really are. Its from being engulfed in misery for so long. If you think the first thing people say is that "it's Melo' s fault the Knicks have sucked for so long", your either living in denial or not paying attention to the last 17 years.

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.