[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
reub
Posts: 21273
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

7/15/2017  9:35 PM
So now it's a five team trade?

The deal is in place to send Carmelo Anthony to Houston. Knicks are waiting to pull trigger on mega-deal involving 5 teams.— Clever Hoops (@CleverHoops) July 15, 2017

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Posts: 23205
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

7/15/2017  10:38 PM
reub wrote:So now it's a five team trade?

The deal is in place to send Carmelo Anthony to Houston. Knicks are waiting to pull trigger on mega-deal involving 5 teams.— Clever Hoops (@CleverHoops) July 15, 2017

Literally anybody can register a twitter account and then tweet anything.

Why does that make this credible in any way?

CrushAlot
Posts: 55259
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
7/15/2017  11:07 PM
arkrud wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I wish the trade was made already. The new Gm process no doubt held it up.


A) The Knicks don't want to take back a "bad contract" Ryan Anderson is considered a bad contract. The Rockets can only feasibly make this deal ( i.e. not take one step forward but two steps back) by trading Ryan Anderson

B) No other team clearly wants to take on Ryan Anderson, not with the positive assets pushed onto the table now

C) Melo got D'Antoni fired, the question remains if D'Antoni wants him there. Harden had a MVP caliber type year under Morey and D'Antoni. Harden is the franchise player for the Rockets. Taking in Melo and axing Pringles appears to be a no go, esp as Pringles just won Coach Of The Year

D) Melo is best suited for a 6th man role, instant offense off the bench, the Rockets have the reigning Sixth Man Of The Year, Eric Gordon, on their roster. Melo instantly negates Gordon's value when he enters this roster

E) The Rockets just signed PJ Tucker to their roster, who provides critical defense. Melo can't/won't play defense. Running Melo out on the floor, shades Ariza and Tucker in the rotation, which negates their defensive value. Harden is already a questionable defender. You don't sign a guy like Tucker to instantly negate his value to you.

F) Melo to the Rockets, plus the trade kicker, cap locks the roster for the next two seasons. Reducing their flexibility going forward

G) Morey demands and has his players play a very efficient style of team basketball. Lots of threes. Lots of ball movement. Attack the rim. Get to the line. Take what the defense gives you. Melo is a ball stopper with poor shot selection who does not move well off the ball. Where USED TO EXCEL was being able to consistently create his own shot, night after night, in isolation. He's aging, facing more injuries and no longer provides that type of consistency anymore.

Melo creates more questions than answers on this roster. Can he help them? Maybe, AS A LUXURY. Which is why the Rockets will only burn out a bad contract and non guaranteed deals and fringe picks for him.

People like jrodmc will rush into any thread to troll anyone and try to start a flame war with anyone who says anything about Melo he doesn't like. He doesn't provide value to this forum or this site when he does this, and it's all he does is exactly this. I provide actual NBA related content, discussion on the NBA marketplace, trends, the CBA, and the sports culture in general, and the best jrodmc can do is try to keep adding more bait to see who else he can troll.

What he won't do is even begin to cover the issues raised from A-G. These are clear and substantial issues regarding the cap, team chemistry, future flexibility, negative redundancy and looking at the needs/wants of the non Knicks franchise as a whole.

I do not feel sorry for you jrodmc, I feel sorry for Ultimate Knicks when you are on it. The way and manner in which you participate to absolve Melo of any actual accountability in any of his time on the Knicks just devalues the site.

Melo wants to go to Houston, for reasons A-G, the Rockets are not a seamless fit. In fact, they are a very complicated fit. If there was a Win/Win trade possible with Houston, it would have happened by now. It hasn't , and no change in GM is going to shift that. Folks here need to be prepared for the reality that Melo might just be stuck on this roster for the next year. And that he's likely going to make it ugly for this franchise to force them to buy him out.

A trade to Houston is a bad fit. Melo doesn't care. In that way, he's consistent, when it comes to what's best for the Knicks and winning and the team concept, he's never cared.

Melo get his money, Dolan get his.
If Melo will not cooperate in trade or otherwise Mills/Perry can just glue him to the bench or send him to extended Puerto Rico vacation.
Something gonna give.

I think he goes to Houston if he isn't coming back. I don't see anyway he is glued to the bench or sent on an extended vacation. Too bad that didn't happen last spring though.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
CrushAlot
Posts: 55259
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
7/15/2017  11:13 PM
Woj article, Portland is dropping out unless Melo is traded to them directly.
As New York Knicks president Steve Mills and general manager Scott Perry pursue a meeting with Carmelo Anthony in the coming days, league sources told ESPN the 10-time All-Star is counting on the franchise to carry out its previously agreed upon mandate to trade him to the Houston Rockets.

Whatever stance a post-Phil Jackson front office is taking now, Anthony expects the Knicks to resume trade talks soon and honor the franchise's long-standing goal to rebuild without Anthony, league sources said.


NBA free agency Day 15: Rondo back with Boogie in New Orleans
Kevin Pelton provides team-by-team analysis of every major and minor deal on Day 15. First up: Rajon Rondo to join Pelicans.
Anthony, 33, has been willing to waive his no-trade clause for Houston and Cleveland, but in recent weeks, he has begun to prioritize a trade to the Rockets to join Chris Paul and James Harden over the Cavaliers and LeBron James, league sources said.

With Perry's hiring from Sacramento and the promotion of Steve Mills to president, the Knicks have paused those trade discussions, in part because New York has been unhappy with the recent proposed returns on an Anthony deal, league sources said.

As Perry starts to shape the front office and impact policy, another realization has washed over the organization -- that the months of organizational harping on Anthony, driven largely by deposed president of basketball operations Jackson, has dramatically devalued Anthony's trade value. Mills and Perry are evaluating whether it's worth allowing time for Anthony's standing around the NBA to be rebuilt, as opposed to trading him at an all-time low, league sources said.

The Knicks realize the odds are long of convincing Anthony to simply forget trade talks and accept a return to New York, especially given how aggressively Jackson pushed to run Anthony out of town. While Jackson was primarily responsible for going to great lengths to publicly shame and discredit Anthony, Jackson wasn't the only one within the franchise to play a part in the campaign.

Because Anthony didn't easily accept waiving his no-trade clause, no one should expect that he will easily shift his mindset back about staying with the Knicks beyond the summer.

ADVERTISEMENT


Carmelo Anthony has been willing to waive his no-trade clause for Houston and Cleveland, but in recent weeks, he has begun to prioritize a trade to the Rockets. Ned Dishman/NBAE via Getty Images
Perry has history with Anthony and strong relationships with some in Melo's inner circle, and it makes sense for Perry to spend time this week surveying the depths of the damage and distrust left in Jackson's wake. It is undoubtedly deep, perhaps irreparable, but Anthony has two years and $54 million left on his contract, and there isn't much he can do if the Knicks decide to bring him back for the start of the season. And of course, just deciding that you're willing to trade Anthony doesn't make it easy to do.

One of the teams that New York and Houston had hoped would facilitate a multiteam trade for Anthony -- the Portland Trail Blazers -- plans to participate in a deal for Anthony only if he decides to expand his no-trade clause to include the Trail Blazers, league sources told ESPN.

Portland believes the addition of a player such as Anthony would furnish it with talent and depth comparable to those of the top Western Conference contenders, except for the Golden State Warriors, league sources said. Because of that, the Blazers have little, if any, inclination to facilitate an Anthony deal that would land him with a Western Conference rival such as Houston, league sources said.

Houston is determined to complete a deal for Anthony and believes he is focused only on playing with the Rockets next season, league sources said. For now, trade talks have stalled, and the Knicks are re-evaluating everything again.


http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20075037/carmelo-anthony-counting-new-york-knicks-trading-houston-rockets
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
reub
Posts: 21273
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

7/16/2017  12:30 AM
I think that the best trade for us is to Cleveland for 2 future first round picks because the Cavs will be in freefall within 2 years.

If not I'd probably take Anderson from the Rockets along with Qi, Hartenstein and a #1 pick and then try to trade Anderson for Crabbe.

Jmpasq
Posts: 22797
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

7/16/2017  8:52 AM
reub wrote:I think that the best trade for us is to Cleveland for 2 future first round picks because the Cavs will be in freefall within 2 years.

If not I'd probably take Anderson from the Rockets along with Qi, Hartenstein and a #1 pick and then try to trade Anderson for Crabbe.


I want 2 unprotected firsts from Houston for Melo especially if we take Anderson
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23997
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

7/16/2017  10:12 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I think they are wasting too much time trying tho figure pout which third team to use and they risk losimg interest from those teams. Denver, Portland etc are in the mix

That's an interesting pure guess entirely out of thin air.

Correct - its based on how deals between corporations are negotiated and how they generally fall apart if allowed to fester.

This is utter BS, coming from someone who negotiated the sale of a company over months.

That said, a three-team trade and how complicated that is has no relevant analogy in the corporate world.

LOL - apparently the universe of deals between companies is limited to buyouts because he has participated in a grand total of ONE.

Portland just dropped out of the facilitator role in a the there team trade. Exactly what I said would happen, Melo won't agree to go there so they are basically out of the picture unless they change their minds again.

Interesting pure guess and utter BS just scored one over HOF intercompany deal making experience.

And here comes the spin....

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
Knickoftime
Posts: 23205
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

7/16/2017  1:00 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I think they are wasting too much time trying tho figure pout which third team to use and they risk losimg interest from those teams. Denver, Portland etc are in the mix

That's an interesting pure guess entirely out of thin air.

Correct - its based on how deals between corporations are negotiated and how they generally fall apart if allowed to fester.

This is utter BS, coming from someone who negotiated the sale of a company over months.

That said, a three-team trade and how complicated that is has no relevant analogy in the corporate world.

LOL - apparently the universe of deals between companies is limited to buyouts because he has participated in a grand total of ONE.

That's fair enough if you want to dismiss my experience as anecdotal. And you're right, independent of my personal experiences there is NO rule in the corporate world that says the longer negotiations occur, the least likely a deal is made.

Portland just dropped out of the facilitator role in a the there team trade.

Cite me even one report that says they dropped out?

You're assuming, there was a deal on the table involving Portland (which we have no confirmation of) that was ever close to acceptable the Knicks which we have no evidence of, and the current situation suggests is true.

So the Knicks took too long for what? To make a deal they never wanted to make?

ccinflushing
Posts: 20046
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/8/2015
Member: #6061

7/16/2017  1:57 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Milwaukee ends up being in the multi-team trade if it happens. They've got contracts they're looking to rid themselves of in Greg Monroe (1 year), Mirza Teletovic (2 years), John Henson and Matthew Delladova (3 years each). They could use a Ryan Anderson type player and have the defenders to mask some of his shortcomings.
CrushAlot
Posts: 55259
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
7/16/2017  2:03 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I think they are wasting too much time trying tho figure pout which third team to use and they risk losimg interest from those teams. Denver, Portland etc are in the mix

That's an interesting pure guess entirely out of thin air.

Correct - its based on how deals between corporations are negotiated and how they generally fall apart if allowed to fester.

This is utter BS, coming from someone who negotiated the sale of a company over months.

That said, a three-team trade and how complicated that is has no relevant analogy in the corporate world.

LOL - apparently the universe of deals between companies is limited to buyouts because he has participated in a grand total of ONE.

That's fair enough if you want to dismiss my experience as anecdotal. And you're right, independent of my personal experiences there is NO rule in the corporate world that says the longer negotiations occur, the least likely a deal is made.

Portland just dropped out of the facilitator role in a the there team trade.

Cite me even one report that says they dropped out?

You're assuming, there was a deal on the table involving Portland (which we have no confirmation of) that was ever close to acceptable the Knicks which we have no evidence of, and the current situation suggests is true.

So the Knicks took too long for what? To make a deal they never wanted to make?

It is in the Woj article.
One of the teams that New York and Houston had hoped would facilitate a multiteam trade for Anthony -- the Portland Trail Blazers -- plans to participate in a deal for Anthony only if he decides to expand his no-trade clause to include the Trail Blazers, league sources told ESPN.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
Knickoftime
Posts: 23205
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

7/16/2017  2:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2017  2:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I think they are wasting too much time trying tho figure pout which third team to use and they risk losimg interest from those teams. Denver, Portland etc are in the mix

That's an interesting pure guess entirely out of thin air.

Correct - its based on how deals between corporations are negotiated and how they generally fall apart if allowed to fester.

This is utter BS, coming from someone who negotiated the sale of a company over months.

That said, a three-team trade and how complicated that is has no relevant analogy in the corporate world.

LOL - apparently the universe of deals between companies is limited to buyouts because he has participated in a grand total of ONE.

That's fair enough if you want to dismiss my experience as anecdotal. And you're right, independent of my personal experiences there is NO rule in the corporate world that says the longer negotiations occur, the least likely a deal is made.

Portland just dropped out of the facilitator role in a the there team trade.

Cite me even one report that says they dropped out?

You're assuming, there was a deal on the table involving Portland (which we have no confirmation of) that was ever close to acceptable the Knicks which we have no evidence of, and the current situation suggests is true.

So the Knicks took too long for what? To make a deal they never wanted to make?

It is in the Woj article.
One of the teams that New York and Houston had hoped would facilitate a multiteam trade for Anthony -- the Portland Trail Blazers -- plans to participate in a deal for Anthony only if he decides to expand his no-trade clause to include the Trail Blazers, league sources told ESPN.

I've read the reports. It does not say Portland is pulling out. It says it doesn't plan to participate. That isn't the same thing. Their involvement has never actually been confirmed in any detail but vague hearsay and speculation.

I'll reiterate. All we know is the Knicks are backing away from trade talks we have no idea if they were ever genuinely interested in.

If that's the case, speculation about the time frame is moot.

Knixkik
Posts: 28476
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
7/16/2017  2:55 PM
ccinflushing wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if Milwaukee ends up being in the multi-team trade if it happens. They've got contracts they're looking to rid themselves of in Greg Monroe (1 year), Mirza Teletovic (2 years), John Henson and Matthew Delladova (3 years each). They could use a Ryan Anderson type player and have the defenders to mask some of his shortcomings.

Great point. We could actually use Delly. He could be great for the culture, plus being a younger player. And Monroe is an expiring. Makes a lot of sense.

martin
Posts: 46315
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
7/16/2017  3:09 PM
Knixkik wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if Milwaukee ends up being in the multi-team trade if it happens. They've got contracts they're looking to rid themselves of in Greg Monroe (1 year), Mirza Teletovic (2 years), John Henson and Matthew Delladova (3 years each). They could use a Ryan Anderson type player and have the defenders to mask some of his shortcomings.

Great point. We could actually use Delly. He could be great for the culture, plus being a younger player. And Monroe is an expiring. Makes a lot of sense.

Pretty sure Milwaukee could use Delly too! Brogdon, Delly...? Who else they got at PG?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Posts: 28476
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
7/16/2017  3:16 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if Milwaukee ends up being in the multi-team trade if it happens. They've got contracts they're looking to rid themselves of in Greg Monroe (1 year), Mirza Teletovic (2 years), John Henson and Matthew Delladova (3 years each). They could use a Ryan Anderson type player and have the defenders to mask some of his shortcomings.

Great point. We could actually use Delly. He could be great for the culture, plus being a younger player. And Monroe is an expiring. Makes a lot of sense.

Pretty sure Milwaukee could use Delly too! Brogdon, Delly...? Who else they got at PG?

Well i think they are serious about signing Rose. Right now milwaukee is focused on signing him, but not crossing the tax line, which is a big deal for one of the smallest market teams in the league. Unloading Monroe goes along way towards being able to sign Rose and remain under the tax line. So hypothetically, they would trade Delly and Monroe, while adding Anderson and signing Rose, all while staying below the line. That would leave them with Brogdon, Rose, and Gary Payton Jr, while Giannis is essentially their PG. If we land Delly, who fits great short term and long term, Monroe as an expiring, and Houston's 2020 1st round pick, that's not a bad haul. Houston would include a couple of those non-guaranteed contracts to make it work. If milwaukee is serious about unloading Monroe and saving some case, it makes a lot of sense for them.

meloshouldgo
Posts: 23997
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

7/16/2017  8:04 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I think they are wasting too much time trying tho figure pout which third team to use and they risk losimg interest from those teams. Denver, Portland etc are in the mix

That's an interesting pure guess entirely out of thin air.

Correct - its based on how deals between corporations are negotiated and how they generally fall apart if allowed to fester.

This is utter BS, coming from someone who negotiated the sale of a company over months.

That said, a three-team trade and how complicated that is has no relevant analogy in the corporate world.

LOL - apparently the universe of deals between companies is limited to buyouts because he has participated in a grand total of ONE.

That's fair enough if you want to dismiss my experience as anecdotal. And you're right, independent of my personal experiences there is NO rule in the corporate world that says the longer negotiations occur, the least likely a deal is made.

Portland just dropped out of the facilitator role in a the there team trade.

Cite me even one report that says they dropped out?

You're assuming, there was a deal on the table involving Portland (which we have no confirmation of) that was ever close to acceptable the Knicks which we have no evidence of, and the current situation suggests is true.

So the Knicks took too long for what? To make a deal they never wanted to make?

It is in the Woj article.
One of the teams that New York and Houston had hoped would facilitate a multiteam trade for Anthony -- the Portland Trail Blazers -- plans to participate in a deal for Anthony only if he decides to expand his no-trade clause to include the Trail Blazers, league sources told ESPN.

I've read the reports. It does not say Portland is pulling out. It says it doesn't plan to participate. That isn't the same thing. Their involvement has never actually been confirmed in any detail but vague hearsay and speculation.

I'll reiterate. All we know is the Knicks are backing away from trade talks we have no idea if they were ever genuinely interested in.

If that's the case, speculation about the time frame is moot.

And the spin is in. He wants trades to be confirmed in detail before they happen.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
reub
Posts: 21273
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

7/16/2017  8:16 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if Milwaukee ends up being in the multi-team trade if it happens. They've got contracts they're looking to rid themselves of in Greg Monroe (1 year), Mirza Teletovic (2 years), John Henson and Matthew Delladova (3 years each). They could use a Ryan Anderson type player and have the defenders to mask some of his shortcomings.

Great point. We could actually use Delly. He could be great for the culture, plus being a younger player. And Monroe is an expiring. Makes a lot of sense.

Pretty sure Milwaukee could use Delly too! Brogdon, Delly...? Who else they got at PG?

Well i think they are serious about signing Rose. Right now milwaukee is focused on signing him, but not crossing the tax line, which is a big deal for one of the smallest market teams in the league. Unloading Monroe goes along way towards being able to sign Rose and remain under the tax line. So hypothetically, they would trade Delly and Monroe, while adding Anderson and signing Rose, all while staying below the line. That would leave them with Brogdon, Rose, and Gary Payton Jr, while Giannis is essentially their PG. If we land Delly, who fits great short term and long term, Monroe as an expiring, and Houston's 2020 1st round pick, that's not a bad haul. Houston would include a couple of those non-guaranteed contracts to make it work. If milwaukee is serious about unloading Monroe and saving some case, it makes a lot of sense for them.


Ism't Baker a bigger, younger Delly?
Knickoftime
Posts: 23205
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

7/16/2017  8:21 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I think they are wasting too much time trying tho figure pout which third team to use and they risk losimg interest from those teams. Denver, Portland etc are in the mix

That's an interesting pure guess entirely out of thin air.

Correct - its based on how deals between corporations are negotiated and how they generally fall apart if allowed to fester.

This is utter BS, coming from someone who negotiated the sale of a company over months.

That said, a three-team trade and how complicated that is has no relevant analogy in the corporate world.

LOL - apparently the universe of deals between companies is limited to buyouts because he has participated in a grand total of ONE.

That's fair enough if you want to dismiss my experience as anecdotal. And you're right, independent of my personal experiences there is NO rule in the corporate world that says the longer negotiations occur, the least likely a deal is made.

Portland just dropped out of the facilitator role in a the there team trade.

Cite me even one report that says they dropped out?

You're assuming, there was a deal on the table involving Portland (which we have no confirmation of) that was ever close to acceptable the Knicks which we have no evidence of, and the current situation suggests is true.

So the Knicks took too long for what? To make a deal they never wanted to make?

It is in the Woj article.
One of the teams that New York and Houston had hoped would facilitate a multiteam trade for Anthony -- the Portland Trail Blazers -- plans to participate in a deal for Anthony only if he decides to expand his no-trade clause to include the Trail Blazers, league sources told ESPN.

I've read the reports. It does not say Portland is pulling out. It says it doesn't plan to participate. That isn't the same thing. Their involvement has never actually been confirmed in any detail but vague hearsay and speculation.

I'll reiterate. All we know is the Knicks are backing away from trade talks we have no idea if they were ever genuinely interested in.

If that's the case, speculation about the time frame is moot.

And the spin is in. He wants trades to be confirmed in detail before they happen.

Riiiiigghhht ... spin. From the same Woj article you're citing as proof.

Portland believes the addition of a player such as Anthony would furnish it with talent and depth comparable to those of the top Western Conference contenders, except for the Golden State Warriors, league sources said. Because of that, the Blazers have little, if any, inclination to facilitate an Anthony deal that would land him with a Western Conference rival such as Houston, league sources said.

Little, if any inclination.

So let me guess, your theory is now that the NY hedging gave Portland just enough time to remember they were in the Western Conference??

meloshouldgo
Posts: 23997
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

7/16/2017  9:04 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I think they are wasting too much time trying tho figure pout which third team to use and they risk losimg interest from those teams. Denver, Portland etc are in the mix

That's an interesting pure guess entirely out of thin air.

Correct - its based on how deals between corporations are negotiated and how they generally fall apart if allowed to fester.

This is utter BS, coming from someone who negotiated the sale of a company over months.

That said, a three-team trade and how complicated that is has no relevant analogy in the corporate world.

LOL - apparently the universe of deals between companies is limited to buyouts because he has participated in a grand total of ONE.

That's fair enough if you want to dismiss my experience as anecdotal. And you're right, independent of my personal experiences there is NO rule in the corporate world that says the longer negotiations occur, the least likely a deal is made.

Portland just dropped out of the facilitator role in a the there team trade.

Cite me even one report that says they dropped out?

You're assuming, there was a deal on the table involving Portland (which we have no confirmation of) that was ever close to acceptable the Knicks which we have no evidence of, and the current situation suggests is true.

So the Knicks took too long for what? To make a deal they never wanted to make?

It is in the Woj article.
One of the teams that New York and Houston had hoped would facilitate a multiteam trade for Anthony -- the Portland Trail Blazers -- plans to participate in a deal for Anthony only if he decides to expand his no-trade clause to include the Trail Blazers, league sources told ESPN.

I've read the reports. It does not say Portland is pulling out. It says it doesn't plan to participate. That isn't the same thing. Their involvement has never actually been confirmed in any detail but vague hearsay and speculation.

I'll reiterate. All we know is the Knicks are backing away from trade talks we have no idea if they were ever genuinely interested in.

If that's the case, speculation about the time frame is moot.

And the spin is in. He wants trades to be confirmed in detail before they happen.

Riiiiigghhht ... spin. From the same Woj article you're citing as proof.

Portland believes the addition of a player such as Anthony would furnish it with talent and depth comparable to those of the top Western Conference contenders, except for the Golden State Warriors, league sources said. Because of that, the Blazers have little, if any, inclination to facilitate an Anthony deal that would land him with a Western Conference rival such as Houston, league sources said.

Little, if any inclination.

So let me guess, your theory is now that the NY hedging gave Portland just enough time to remember they were in the Western Conference??

Proof? Remind me where the fukk I said anything about proof?
This a basketball forum where the off season is basically the time to discuss and analyze rumors. Deal with it.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
Knickoftime
Posts: 23205
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

7/16/2017  9:46 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I think they are wasting too much time trying tho figure pout which third team to use and they risk losimg interest from those teams. Denver, Portland etc are in the mix

That's an interesting pure guess entirely out of thin air.

Correct - its based on how deals between corporations are negotiated and how they generally fall apart if allowed to fester.

This is utter BS, coming from someone who negotiated the sale of a company over months.

That said, a three-team trade and how complicated that is has no relevant analogy in the corporate world.

LOL - apparently the universe of deals between companies is limited to buyouts because he has participated in a grand total of ONE.

That's fair enough if you want to dismiss my experience as anecdotal. And you're right, independent of my personal experiences there is NO rule in the corporate world that says the longer negotiations occur, the least likely a deal is made.

Portland just dropped out of the facilitator role in a the there team trade.

Cite me even one report that says they dropped out?

You're assuming, there was a deal on the table involving Portland (which we have no confirmation of) that was ever close to acceptable the Knicks which we have no evidence of, and the current situation suggests is true.

So the Knicks took too long for what? To make a deal they never wanted to make?

It is in the Woj article.
One of the teams that New York and Houston had hoped would facilitate a multiteam trade for Anthony -- the Portland Trail Blazers -- plans to participate in a deal for Anthony only if he decides to expand his no-trade clause to include the Trail Blazers, league sources told ESPN.

I've read the reports. It does not say Portland is pulling out. It says it doesn't plan to participate. That isn't the same thing. Their involvement has never actually been confirmed in any detail but vague hearsay and speculation.

I'll reiterate. All we know is the Knicks are backing away from trade talks we have no idea if they were ever genuinely interested in.

If that's the case, speculation about the time frame is moot.

And the spin is in. He wants trades to be confirmed in detail before they happen.

Riiiiigghhht ... spin. From the same Woj article you're citing as proof.

Portland believes the addition of a player such as Anthony would furnish it with talent and depth comparable to those of the top Western Conference contenders, except for the Golden State Warriors, league sources said. Because of that, the Blazers have little, if any, inclination to facilitate an Anthony deal that would land him with a Western Conference rival such as Houston, league sources said.

Little, if any inclination.

So let me guess, your theory is now that the NY hedging gave Portland just enough time to remember they were in the Western Conference??

Proof? Remind me where the fukk I said anything about proof?
This a basketball forum where the off season is basically the time to discuss and analyze rumors. Deal with it.

Okay, then what is it you're arguing?

We have no idea if any deal proposed to the KNicks was ever acceptable or appealing to them, making how long it was taking irrelevant.

We have no idea if Portland was every really a facilitator for a deal. The foremost NBA authority has now reported Portland has no inclination to help Houston.

So again, what is it that I've written that you disagree with?

meloshouldgo
Posts: 23997
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

7/16/2017  9:56 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I think they are wasting too much time trying tho figure pout which third team to use and they risk losimg interest from those teams. Denver, Portland etc are in the mix

That's an interesting pure guess entirely out of thin air.

Correct - its based on how deals between corporations are negotiated and how they generally fall apart if allowed to fester.

This is utter BS, coming from someone who negotiated the sale of a company over months.

That said, a three-team trade and how complicated that is has no relevant analogy in the corporate world.

LOL - apparently the universe of deals between companies is limited to buyouts because he has participated in a grand total of ONE.

That's fair enough if you want to dismiss my experience as anecdotal. And you're right, independent of my personal experiences there is NO rule in the corporate world that says the longer negotiations occur, the least likely a deal is made.

Portland just dropped out of the facilitator role in a the there team trade.

Cite me even one report that says they dropped out?

You're assuming, there was a deal on the table involving Portland (which we have no confirmation of) that was ever close to acceptable the Knicks which we have no evidence of, and the current situation suggests is true.

So the Knicks took too long for what? To make a deal they never wanted to make?

It is in the Woj article.
One of the teams that New York and Houston had hoped would facilitate a multiteam trade for Anthony -- the Portland Trail Blazers -- plans to participate in a deal for Anthony only if he decides to expand his no-trade clause to include the Trail Blazers, league sources told ESPN.

I've read the reports. It does not say Portland is pulling out. It says it doesn't plan to participate. That isn't the same thing. Their involvement has never actually been confirmed in any detail but vague hearsay and speculation.

I'll reiterate. All we know is the Knicks are backing away from trade talks we have no idea if they were ever genuinely interested in.

If that's the case, speculation about the time frame is moot.

And the spin is in. He wants trades to be confirmed in detail before they happen.

Riiiiigghhht ... spin. From the same Woj article you're citing as proof.

Portland believes the addition of a player such as Anthony would furnish it with talent and depth comparable to those of the top Western Conference contenders, except for the Golden State Warriors, league sources said. Because of that, the Blazers have little, if any, inclination to facilitate an Anthony deal that would land him with a Western Conference rival such as Houston, league sources said.

Little, if any inclination.

So let me guess, your theory is now that the NY hedging gave Portland just enough time to remember they were in the Western Conference??

Proof? Remind me where the fukk I said anything about proof?
This a basketball forum where the off season is basically the time to discuss and analyze rumors. Deal with it.

Okay, then what is it you're arguing?

We have no idea if any deal proposed to the KNicks was ever acceptable or appealing to them, making how long it was taking irrelevant.

We have no idea if Portland was every really a facilitator for a deal. The foremost NBA authority has now reported Portland has no inclination to help Houston.

So again, what is it that I've written that you disagree with?

Me? I write a comment- Teams playing the facilitator role may pull out if we dick around too much. You took that and wrote your made up argument. You ask for proof but provide none. Problem is you can't browbeat people into submission. You are just not that smart.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.