Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sounds about right. Portland would take Anerson and dump Harkless and Leonard. Need a team to take Leonard but the question is who gives up the pick to take Leonard on. He is only 25 and can shoot 3s and rebound decently.

I doubt the issue is giving up a pick to take Leonard. It's probably more like expecting to receive a pick to take Leonard.

I'm saying what team is going give up the pick to the team that takes on Leonard. Portland will say they are taking on Anderson so they shouldn't have to give up a pick as well. Houston probably giving Knick a draft pick already and are giving one away in the Paul trade so I doubt they want to trade away another one. And the Knicks aren't going to trade their draft pick.

Yes, correct.

It may boil down to how motivated the Knicks are to just move on from Melo and create the cap space just taking back Harkless would create. They may have give up the pick coming to them to go to that team.

Mills probably doesn't feel he can sell that to the fans. That he just came away with Harkless and cap space. They are probably doing a lot of work seeing what FA they can nab with that space to cover that.

We would free up 17mil?

Are you guys sure we could do that? We don't have to take back more?

Yes, there is no limit on how much less you can take.

If someone can absorb leonard, the math works, assuming Houston sends two of the four NGC's they have.

Even if Houston is over the cap? Are you imagining a multi team deal where Houston sends a lot of contracts out to other teams but we only take Harkless back?
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

7/13/2017  6:24 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sounds about right. Portland would take Anerson and dump Harkless and Leonard. Need a team to take Leonard but the question is who gives up the pick to take Leonard on. He is only 25 and can shoot 3s and rebound decently.

I doubt the issue is giving up a pick to take Leonard. It's probably more like expecting to receive a pick to take Leonard.

I'm saying what team is going give up the pick to the team that takes on Leonard. Portland will say they are taking on Anderson so they shouldn't have to give up a pick as well. Houston probably giving Knick a draft pick already and are giving one away in the Paul trade so I doubt they want to trade away another one. And the Knicks aren't going to trade their draft pick.

Yes, correct.

It may boil down to how motivated the Knicks are to just move on from Melo and create the cap space just taking back Harkless would create. They may have give up the pick coming to them to go to that team.

Mills probably doesn't feel he can sell that to the fans. That he just came away with Harkless and cap space. They are probably doing a lot of work seeing what FA they can nab with that space to cover that.

We would free up 17mil?

Are you guys sure we could do that? We don't have to take back more?

Yes, there is no limit on how much less you can take.

If someone can absorb leonard, the math works, assuming Houston sends two of the four NGC's they have.

Even if Houston is over the cap? Are you imagining a multi team deal where Houston sends a lot of contracts out to other teams but we only take Harkless back?

Yes, just for arguments sake.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb4qrxxr

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/13/2017  6:41 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I think he is going to do fantastic there.

Going to Houston will gut them from a cap perspective. They have the non guaranteed contracts and Anderson to make the offset, but it kills their flexibility moving forward. It would negate the option that Melo could possibly ( but not likely) be a buyout candidate and just sign him for the veterans minimum.

He would be playing for a coach he got fired in NY. The reigning Coach of The Year, where the franchise player, Harden, is locked in and had his best career year under said stabbed in the back coach.

He best operates as a 6th man, and Eric Gordon is already on the roster, the reigning 6th man of the year.

He doesn't move well off the ball. Negating Paul's passing chops

He's a ball stopper and shot jacker with lousy shot selection. "MoreyBall" is about efficiency.

Since he's a power forward, he creates a massive burden on Ariza and young Clint Capela to compensate for him defensively.

Bizarrely, the place where he'd make a somewhat passable fit was New Jersey. Except he also waged war on Jeremy Lin.

I think he'd do fantastic if he wasn't creating so many enemies and ill will around the league by his selfish shotjacking behavior.

Not quite sure a trade gets done. Could be possible. But the idea that he will eventually be disruptive enough to try to force a buyout has to be on the back burner and in the minds of these non Knicks GMs.

Acquiring Melo is basically like marrying a fat single mom, who is 15 years older than you, who won't work, won't cook, won't clean and won't blow you. It's the part where you try to convince yourself you aren't going to die alone. Trust me, being around someone as toxic as Melo, you'll know for sure that you'll have to die alone.

Waged war on Lin? Don't you think that's a bit of an exaggeration?
Welpee

7/13/2017  6:46 PM
arkrud wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
Peter Vecsey:

“Don’t pretend 2B wired anymore. Still, I am told Melo-Rockets trade holdup is D’Antoni. Does not want him. Melo knows! It’ll happen anyway!”

Awesome. I think Paul will be the strongest voice in the Rockets locker room.

I am not sure Melo wants the reality check of who he is...
Being around scrabs and old duded made him look great no doubt, but how about being around great players?
Can be quite painful picture... May be better to retire ego-happy?

Really? He played his best when surrounded by quality talent: Denver, Olympics and here. I understand people not liking Melo but no need to start making up stuff to crap on him.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/13/2017  6:49 PM
Welpee wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Going to Houston will gut them from a cap perspective. They have the non guaranteed contracts and Anderson to make the offset, but it kills their flexibility moving forward. It would negate the option that Melo could possibly ( but not likely) be a buyout candidate and just sign him for the veterans minimum.

He would be playing for a coach he got fired in NY. The reigning Coach of The Year, where the franchise player, Harden, is locked in and had his best career year under said stabbed in the back coach.

He best operates as a 6th man, and Eric Gordon is already on the roster, the reigning 6th man of the year.

He's a ball stopper and shot jacker with lousy shot selection. "MoreyBall" is about efficiency.

Since he's a power forward, he creates a massive burden on Ariza and young Clint Capela to compensate for him defensively.

Bizarrely, the place where he'd make a somewhat passable fit was New Jersey. Except he also waged war on Jeremy Lin.

I think he'd do fantastic if he wasn't creating so many enemies and ill will around the league by his selfish shotjacking behavior.

Not quite sure a trade gets done. Could be possible. But the idea that he will eventually be disruptive enough to try to force a buyout has to be on the back burner and in the minds of these non Knicks GMs.

Acquiring Melo is basically like marrying a fat single mom, who is 15 years older than you, who won't work, won't cook, won't clean and won't blow you. It's the part where you try to convince yourself you aren't going to die alone. Trust me, being around someone as toxic as Melo, you'll know for sure that you'll have to die alone.

A lot of exagerations. If it happens I think he has a great year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/13/2017  7:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

A lot of exagerations. If it happens I think he has a great year.
ive always said melo is the perfect 2nd or 3rd guy on a contender. I agree he should do well. However he just isnt a guy you can build around to win but as a supporting piece he will help a lot
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/13/2017  7:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2017  7:55 PM
Welpee wrote:
arkrud wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
Peter Vecsey:

“Don’t pretend 2B wired anymore. Still, I am told Melo-Rockets trade holdup is D’Antoni. Does not want him. Melo knows! It’ll happen anyway!”

Being around scrabs and old duded made him look great no doubt, but how about being around great players?

Really? He played his best when surrounded by quality talent: Denver, Olympics and here. I understand people not liking Melo but no need to start making up stuff to crap on him.

It is just a common sense observation.
Melo can take on a challenge like on Oly team but the NBA season is not a couple of games with almost no pressure.
He never took on reduced role in NY and getting along with 3 dominant personalities in Harden, Paul, and MDA will not be an easy task.
Melo will definitely need to redefine himself and this means emotional and physical effort.
I wish him luck as he will need a lot of it.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Welpee

7/13/2017  8:05 PM
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:
arkrud wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
Peter Vecsey:

It is just a common sense observation.
Melo can take on a challenge like on Oly team but the NBA season is not a couple of games with almost no pressure.
He never took on reduced role in NY and getting along with 3 dominant personalities in Harden, Paul, and MDA will not be an easy task.
Melo will definitely need to redefine himself and this means emotional and physical effort.
I wish him luck as he will need a lot of it.

Who was he going to take on a reduced role in favor of here? Raymond Felton? If you ask Melo to take a back seat to Andrea Bargnani that ain't happening. Ask him to take a back seat to Chris Paul and James Harden? I don't think Melo is going to have a problem with that. And if he does, Chris Paul will set him straight.

Attitude-wise Melo would be fine. The issue is going to be the chemistry and whether those three guy's style of play will work together.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/13/2017  9:05 PM
Since nobody wants to make a deal.... here's my idea for a 4 team trade, so tell me what you think:

Melo to Houston
Ryan Anderson to Portland
Kuz, Randle and Leanard to Pheonix
Brandon Knight or Bledsoe (since their salary is identical) Harkless and 5 non-guarenteed contracts from Houston....

Any draft picks in the trade would go to the Knicks... Thoughts?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/13/2017  9:39 PM
I wish the trade was made already. The new Gm process no doubt held it up.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/14/2017  12:10 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

Your life must be quite the pot of bubbling toxicity itself for you to continue to come up with these lovely outlandish analogies about the only HOF player on the roster right now.

Wage war on Lin. Priceless.

Melo's made enemies around the league and creating ill will. Have lots of articles about all this Melohate you keep imagining? I keep reading about how everyone wants him. From KP to THJ to Lance to just about anyone not named Karl or MDA or Phil.

You're like the butt-ugly, nasty wench left at the barstool by some overweight married guy who said he was going to the men's room to buy a condom but actually went straight out to his car and left. So you sit and wallow in your self-hate, while the drink he bought you dribbles down your hairy chin, talking about how small his moneymaker was (which you never got to see), how he was just a poor homeless stooge (when everyone in the bar knows the guy drives a Porsche and has a house in a well-heeled section of town) and that he was actually a pathetic stupid azz loser (when all the regulars in the bar know he's a great guy who just felt sorry for you).

Sinix
Member: #7495

7/14/2017  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/14/2017  12:51 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I wish the trade was made already. The new Gm process no doubt held it up.

I've believed since the Knicks canned Phil, they never intended to trade Melo. Firing Phil was a move for Melo and the Knicks brought back THjr who Melo was pissed when we traded him originally. These are our 2 major off season moves so far and they scream 'placating Melo' to me.

They just know it's a popular sentiment to trade him so they are fake hustling as a PR move.

Telling us 'Well we're trying but there's no decent deal!' so we don't get on Knicks management or Melo's case.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/14/2017  12:53 PM

Too soon?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/14/2017  12:54 PM
Sinix wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I wish the trade was made already. The new Gm process no doubt held it up.

I've believed since the Knicks canned Phil, they never intended to trade Melo. Firing Phil was a move for Melo and the Knicks brought back THjr who Melo was pissed when we traded him originally. These are our 2 major off season moves so far and they scream 'placating Melo' to me.

They just know it's a popular sentiment to trade him so they are fake hustling as a PR move.

Telling us 'Well we're trying but there's no decent deal!' so we don't get on Knicks management or Melo's case.

that's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Sinix
Member: #7495

7/14/2017  1:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/14/2017  1:03 PM
martin wrote:
Sinix wrote:

Why? These guys lie all the time.

Dolan says he's going to butt out. He gets way involved.

Melo says he's a family man and needs to stay near his kids. He impregnates strippers and now doesn't mind if he goes to Houston.

Dolan loves Melo, he doesn't want him gone. Dolan cares more about having a celebrity like Melo around than winning.

He's stuck by Isiah Thomas all these years too. This is just the kind of guy Dolan is.

Melo played a PR game all last year against Phil and the triangle. You think it's out of the question he's still doing it?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/14/2017  1:15 PM
Sinix wrote:
martin wrote:
Sinix wrote:

Why? These guys lie all the time.

Dolan says he's going to butt out. He gets way involved.

Melo says he's a family man and needs to stay near his kids. He impregnates strippers and now doesn't mind if he goes to Houston.

Dolan loves Melo, he doesn't want him gone. Dolan cares more about having a celebrity like Melo around than winning.

He's stuck by Isiah Thomas all these years too. This is just the kind of guy Dolan is.

Melo played a PR game all last year against Phil and the triangle. You think it's out of the question he's still doing it?

There is also the game of basketball to be played. Your insinuating its all a charade to placate the fans opinion. Bottom line is Wins and losses. Its been mentioned that Dolan does not care about winning and that money is more important. The fact is teams make more money when they play more games. Playoffs are profitable. Getting to conf finals can make or break a financial season.
To think dolan does not car is silly.

In my opinion I think Phil was departed because a buy out was preposterous at any level. Melo for all he is negative was still an allstar and healthy. While Melo's NTC might negate trade value it was imperative that two teams create a market and satisfy our demands for return. If what is said about a 4 team trade that means Mills is sticking to his objectives and teams are motivated. But a 4 team deal is complicated and too many moving parts and chef's in the kitchen to make it easy to complete.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/14/2017  1:51 PM
If i had to guess this pause is just a meeting for melo and the knicks, A to up the offers, B to see if this marriage can be fixed, maybe after watching Frank work since he is healthy now, he is the real deal and top that with KP and Timmy the knicks want melo to stay and play grand dad. think if frank really is blowing people away and KP is preparing to be the main man, timmy is coming into his own as a borderline all star.Willy is turning into a really really good player.

If KP mentally realized with his size and athletic ability he can't be stopped period and is ready to take over the NBA which he can. KP is a unicorn there is no better talent in the nba with his size he literally is unstoppable if he knows it and is taking the next step in strengthening and conditioning.

I don't think people realize Timmy turned the hawks around last year when they were sucking, he simply was their best player in the second half of the season propelling them into the playoffs. he is a better defender then melo now thats for sure. He also can really put the ball on the floor, he is a legit scorer in the NBA.

Frank is the unicorn of the point guard position. I think the coaches are all laughing at people thinking we should have taken DSJ or monk. this kid is simply a beast on defense, and is a dead eye from the arc. he also flourished in the pick and roll with his size and length he easily can pass over his defender or take them to the rim.One thing about frank that no one talked about was his leadership ability and how he made his teammates around him better. all of his teammates mentioned leadership when talking about frank, his leadership something both monk and DSJ are severely lacking. I wouldn't be shocked if he is in the running for ROY. he's like the greek freak of point guards.

Baker, yes I'm going to talk about the most underrated player on our roster. every team needs a Baker type of player, he works his ass off and can play both positions in the back court. he is a top notch defender, who can shoot even though his stats say otherwise, with his work ethic, I see baker really improving upon his rookie campaign.

Lee is a super bench player, he really helped the playoff Hornets team off the bench. Lee is really a different player when he comes off the bench, he comes in with fire power, tenacious defense, with sharp shooting ability. the fact that he will be our 6th man instead of starting is huge he really struggled to have energy with our starting unit on both ends.

Melo is best suited at the 4 and although he is a terrible defender at the 3 this is not the case when he plays the 4. he is quick and agile and can really be a match up nightmare for opposing power forwards.

If we keep melo its because our front office and coach see this team taking a big step forward next year, aka KP taking over this year and moving to the center position and Frank is the real deal.

starting line up,

KP,willy,noah
Melo,KOQ,Kuz
Lance,Kuz,dotson
Timmy,Lee,frank
Frank,Baker,randal

it would be nice if we can upgrade the sf position but i don't think we should under estimate Lance when healthy or KUZ shooting ability this team by all means should make the playoffs in the weak east. IF HEALTHY AGAIN IF HEALTHY

now is that a positive in some ways yes it gives KP a prospective of what the playoffs are like esp in the best arena in the world at MSG its also good for our other young guys in frank, willy, baker. It will prob sell KP on being with the knicks longterm, and allow us to build on our youth foundation.

also im almost positive Melo uses his ETO regardless of what this team dose next year, and he will chase his chip with lebron or harden.

I think the main thing is lets see how the season plays out and if were rolling no need to move melo, if its a repeat of last year we sell big on melo at the trade deadline and get a lottery pick aka doncic!!!!

reub
Member: #6227

7/14/2017  3:52 PM
Go already! Goodbye! Good riddance!
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/15/2017  4:01 PM

A) The Knicks don't want to take back a "bad contract" Ryan Anderson is considered a bad contract. The Rockets can only feasibly make this deal ( i.e. not take one step forward but two steps back) by trading Ryan Anderson

B) No other team clearly wants to take on Ryan Anderson, not with the positive assets pushed onto the table now

C) Melo got D'Antoni fired, the question remains if D'Antoni wants him there. Harden had a MVP caliber type year under Morey and D'Antoni. Harden is the franchise player for the Rockets. Taking in Melo and axing Pringles appears to be a no go, esp as Pringles just won Coach Of The Year

D) Melo is best suited for a 6th man role, instant offense off the bench, the Rockets have the reigning Sixth Man Of The Year, Eric Gordon, on their roster. Melo instantly negates Gordon's value when he enters this roster

E) The Rockets just signed PJ Tucker to their roster, who provides critical defense. Melo can't/won't play defense. Running Melo out on the floor, shades Ariza and Tucker in the rotation, which negates their defensive value. Harden is already a questionable defender. You don't sign a guy like Tucker to instantly negate his value to you.

F) Melo to the Rockets, plus the trade kicker, cap locks the roster for the next two seasons. Reducing their flexibility going forward

G) Morey demands and has his players play a very efficient style of team basketball. Lots of threes. Lots of ball movement. Attack the rim. Get to the line. Take what the defense gives you. Melo is a ball stopper with poor shot selection who does not move well off the ball. Where USED TO EXCEL was being able to consistently create his own shot, night after night, in isolation. He's aging, facing more injuries and no longer provides that type of consistency anymore.

Melo creates more questions than answers on this roster. Can he help them? Maybe, AS A LUXURY. Which is why the Rockets will only burn out a bad contract and non guaranteed deals and fringe picks for him.

People like jrodmc will rush into any thread to troll anyone and try to start a flame war with anyone who says anything about Melo he doesn't like. He doesn't provide value to this forum or this site when he does this, and it's all he does is exactly this. I provide actual NBA related content, discussion on the NBA marketplace, trends, the CBA, and the sports culture in general, and the best jrodmc can do is try to keep adding more bait to see who else he can troll.

What he won't do is even begin to cover the issues raised from A-G. These are clear and substantial issues regarding the cap, team chemistry, future flexibility, negative redundancy and looking at the needs/wants of the non Knicks franchise as a whole.

I do not feel sorry for you jrodmc, I feel sorry for Ultimate Knicks when you are on it. The way and manner in which you participate to absolve Melo of any actual accountability in any of his time on the Knicks just devalues the site.

Melo wants to go to Houston, for reasons A-G, the Rockets are not a seamless fit. In fact, they are a very complicated fit. If there was a Win/Win trade possible with Houston, it would have happened by now. It hasn't , and no change in GM is going to shift that. Folks here need to be prepared for the reality that Melo might just be stuck on this roster for the next year. And that he's likely going to make it ugly for this franchise to force them to buy him out.

A trade to Houston is a bad fit. Melo doesn't care. In that way, he's consistent, when it comes to what's best for the Knicks and winning and the team concept, he's never cared.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/15/2017  5:15 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

A) The Knicks don't want to take back a "bad contract" Ryan Anderson is considered a bad contract. The Rockets can only feasibly make this deal ( i.e. not take one step forward but two steps back) by trading Ryan Anderson

B) No other team clearly wants to take on Ryan Anderson, not with the positive assets pushed onto the table now

C) Melo got D'Antoni fired, the question remains if D'Antoni wants him there. Harden had a MVP caliber type year under Morey and D'Antoni. Harden is the franchise player for the Rockets. Taking in Melo and axing Pringles appears to be a no go, esp as Pringles just won Coach Of The Year

D) Melo is best suited for a 6th man role, instant offense off the bench, the Rockets have the reigning Sixth Man Of The Year, Eric Gordon, on their roster. Melo instantly negates Gordon's value when he enters this roster

E) The Rockets just signed PJ Tucker to their roster, who provides critical defense. Melo can't/won't play defense. Running Melo out on the floor, shades Ariza and Tucker in the rotation, which negates their defensive value. Harden is already a questionable defender. You don't sign a guy like Tucker to instantly negate his value to you.

F) Melo to the Rockets, plus the trade kicker, cap locks the roster for the next two seasons. Reducing their flexibility going forward

G) Morey demands and has his players play a very efficient style of team basketball. Lots of threes. Lots of ball movement. Attack the rim. Get to the line. Take what the defense gives you. Melo is a ball stopper with poor shot selection who does not move well off the ball. Where USED TO EXCEL was being able to consistently create his own shot, night after night, in isolation. He's aging, facing more injuries and no longer provides that type of consistency anymore.

Melo creates more questions than answers on this roster. Can he help them? Maybe, AS A LUXURY. Which is why the Rockets will only burn out a bad contract and non guaranteed deals and fringe picks for him.

People like jrodmc will rush into any thread to troll anyone and try to start a flame war with anyone who says anything about Melo he doesn't like. He doesn't provide value to this forum or this site when he does this, and it's all he does is exactly this. I provide actual NBA related content, discussion on the NBA marketplace, trends, the CBA, and the sports culture in general, and the best jrodmc can do is try to keep adding more bait to see who else he can troll.

What he won't do is even begin to cover the issues raised from A-G. These are clear and substantial issues regarding the cap, team chemistry, future flexibility, negative redundancy and looking at the needs/wants of the non Knicks franchise as a whole.

I do not feel sorry for you jrodmc, I feel sorry for Ultimate Knicks when you are on it. The way and manner in which you participate to absolve Melo of any actual accountability in any of his time on the Knicks just devalues the site.

Melo wants to go to Houston, for reasons A-G, the Rockets are not a seamless fit. In fact, they are a very complicated fit. If there was a Win/Win trade possible with Houston, it would have happened by now. It hasn't , and no change in GM is going to shift that. Folks here need to be prepared for the reality that Melo might just be stuck on this roster for the next year. And that he's likely going to make it ugly for this franchise to force them to buy him out.

A trade to Houston is a bad fit. Melo doesn't care. In that way, he's consistent, when it comes to what's best for the Knicks and winning and the team concept, he's never cared.

Melo get his money, Dolan get his.
If Melo will not cooperate in trade or otherwise Mills/Perry can just glue him to the bench or send him to extended Puerto Rico vacation.
Something gonna give.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy