[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

7/12/2017  10:05 PM
I have a feeling Phoenix and Bledsoe are somehow wrapped up in this. The only reason I could see the Pelicans being involved is an opportunity to somehow unload Asik.
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/12/2017  10:08 PM
Uptown wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:You guys dont even care if the trade sets the franchise back 10 yrs,as long as he's gone you'll be happy..

How do picks and cap space set you back.

he doesnt believe in picks and i guess he feels melo is still a great recruiter even though it has never been the case

There was never cap space for Melo to recruit. The one time there was , Phil said he wanted a couple of pieces not one big name. One big name is not able to et other guys, even older guys, to sign for the mle. Not sure why that is so ard to figure out.

Don't go there. The Knicks created cap space but Melo is and was a weak recruiting players. Besides other players know right off the bat if they can with someone.

I see what you mean...is that why Paul and Harden and Nene all want Melo in Houston?

Being recruited is much easier than doing the recruiting. A team that might be one piece away and is over the cap would gladly take Melo. Taking Melo on your team and leaving your team to go join Melo are two entirely different things though.

I was replying to the idea that no one wants to play with Melo. Also, wasnt phil jackson and his 11 rings a part of the recruiting bandwagon? on a pure NBA basketball level, the Houston franchise is a more disirable place than Dolans Knicks have ever been...so recruiting from NY is difficult. Ask Ewing...

They don't want to play with him. The grounds have to be different. They won't join Melo but Melo has to join them. There is a big difference there. He is Harden's guest.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/12/2017  10:11 PM
Welpee wrote:I have a feeling Phoenix and Bledsoe are somehow wrapped up in this. The only reason I could see the Pelicans being involved is an opportunity to somehow unload Asik.

He doesn't make any sense. If the sticking point if finding a destination or room for Anderson, trying to find a home of Asik just gums is up more.

Why would NY, Houston or Portland take him?

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/12/2017  10:23 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:I have a feeling Phoenix and Bledsoe are somehow wrapped up in this. The only reason I could see the Pelicans being involved is an opportunity to somehow unload Asik.

He doesn't make any sense. If the sticking point if finding a destination or room for Anderson, trying to find a home of Asik just gums is up more.

That's the only reason I could see the Pelican (supposedly) wanting in on this deal. I guess they could be trying to get rid of Solomon Hill. I can't see the Pels getting much, just wanting to unload some players.

That's IF the reports are accurate.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

7/12/2017  10:32 PM
Welpee wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

That's the only reason I could see the Pelican (supposedly) wanting in on this deal. I guess they could be trying to get rid of Solomon Hill. I can't see the Pels getting much, just wanting to unload some players.

Another albatross contract..another teams trash is another's treasure...hopefully we limit the trash..

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/12/2017  10:43 PM
Vmart wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:You guys dont even care if the trade sets the franchise back 10 yrs,as long as he's gone you'll be happy..

he doesnt believe in picks and i guess he feels melo is still a great recruiter even though it has never been the case

There was never cap space for Melo to recruit. The one time there was , Phil said he wanted a couple of pieces not one big name. One big name is not able to et other guys, even older guys, to sign for the mle. Not sure why that is so ard to figure out.

Don't go there. The Knicks created cap space but Melo is and was a weak recruiting players. Besides other players know right off the bat if they can with someone.

I see what you mean...is that why Paul and Harden and Nene all want Melo in Houston?

Being recruited is much easier than doing the recruiting. A team that might be one piece away and is over the cap would gladly take Melo. Taking Melo on your team and leaving your team to go join Melo are two entirely different things though.

Precisely because this way Melo has to conform to the team he is going to not the other way around.

I think it is a pretty fluid situation and the team will e very different from last year. I think Ariza stays in Houston because he helped recruit Paul and I think they really like Capella. Outside of that, I think anyone could be moved. I think the dynamic there with Paul and Melo joining the team will be very different.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/12/2017  10:45 PM
Welpee wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Again, the 4th team is who needs to take the unwanted players, not add more into the mix.

wargames
Member: #6053

7/12/2017  11:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Precisely because this way Melo has to conform to the team he is going to not the other way around.

I think it is a pretty fluid situation and the team will e very different from last year. I think Ariza stays in Houston because he helped recruit Paul and I think they really like Capella. Outside of that, I think anyone could be moved. I think the dynamic there with Paul and Melo joining the team will be very different.

Yeah I could see Gordon being shipped out. Melo would likely get his touches anyway so send him out.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
CrushAlot
USA
7/13/2017  1:40 AM
CrushAlot
USA
7/13/2017  1:43 AM
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/13/2017  2:14 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Never heard of this guy...

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/13/2017  2:23 AM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Maybe it means they actually didn't fold like a cheap suit this time. The front office knows its under a microscope, a punch line at the ESPYs. Maybe its enough impetus for an "all hands on deck" instead of the usual dysfunctional politics at MSG. Maybe they did their homework this time. Hope so.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/13/2017  2:59 AM
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CrushAlot
USA
7/13/2017  3:00 AM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Me either. I saw a tweet from him on clutchfans forum. He is a ny guy though.
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/13/2017  3:13 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

It would be nice to win a trade for a change, but I'll believe it when I see it

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/13/2017  3:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2017  3:46 AM
If we somehow end up with Bledsoe and harkless plus other assets, we would have committed robbery.
The Future is Bright!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/13/2017  5:57 AM
blkexec wrote:

If we're actually getting assets for Phil's blunder, that's great
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/13/2017  6:15 AM
TPercy wrote:If we somehow end up with Bledsoe and harkless plus other assets, we would have committed robbery.

Bledsoe and Harkless would be enough for me. Knicks might make the playoffs
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/13/2017  7:45 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
TPercy wrote:If we somehow end up with Bledsoe and harkless plus other assets, we would have committed robbery.

Bledsoe and Harkless would be enough for me. Knicks might make the playoffs

My sentiments exactly

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/13/2017  8:00 AM
Just speculating on DRose.
We aren't sign and trading him.
So where is he heading? Teams with capspace are drying up.

Why do I feel the Knicks may still be in the running for him. I don't want this to be the case, but it's been weird how he has not signed anywhere.

Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy