I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

7/12/2017  8:18 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
joec32033 wrote:Via Traderumours/Hoopsrumours

Pelicans May Help Facilitate Carmelo Anthony TradeJuly 12th, 2017 at 6:21pm CST • By Arthur Hill

Earlier today, we told you the Rockets and Knicks were looking for a fourth team to help finalize a trade involving Carmelo Anthony. The Pelicans have expressed interest in becoming that fourth team, according to Marc Berman of The New York Post.

It’s not clear whether New Orleans would take on the three years and more than $61MM left on Ryan Anderson‘s contract or if he would go to another team. Anderson spent four years with the Pelicans franchise before signing with Houston last summer. The Rockets need to move his salary to make room for Anthony, while the Knicks have no need for Anderson because he plays the same position as Kristaps Porzingis and he goes against their new philosophy of avoiding older players on long-term deals.

Representatives for Anthony would like to see the deal get done this week, Berman adds. Houston has scheduled a press conference for Friday to officially welcome Chris Paul, but Berman sees little chance that the trade will be complete in time for Anthony to make a surprise appearance. Multiple sources tell Berman that no deal will happen until “well after” Friday. He states that the sides are getting closer to an agreement and are still “motivated,” but much work still remains. A proposed three-team trade reportedly “stalled” over the weekend, forcing the Rockets and Knicks to start the process over.

Sources tell Berman that Knicks acting presidentSteve Mills is so focused on the Anthony negotiations that it has prevented the team from finding a veteran point guard. There is speculation that New York may try to fill the position through the Anthony deal.

Houston’s first attempts to acquire Anthony were unsuccessful, Berman adds, because the Knicks were restructuring their front office after former president Phil Jackson was fired. However, ownerJames Dolan has now signed off on moving Anthony and plans to make Mills the new team president.

Insiders tell Berman that Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni initially wasn’t on board with acquiring Anthony because of their past differences in New York. However, with Paul, James Harden and Nene all pushing for the move, D’Antoni has been left with no choice.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/07/pelicans-may-help-facilitate-carmelo-anthony-trade.html?fv-home=true&post-id=69489

Pelicans ain't got a thing that will help.

Draft picks.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/12/2017  8:20 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:You guys dont even care if the trade sets the franchise back 10 yrs,as long as he's gone you'll be happy..

How do picks and cap space set you back.

he doesnt believe in picks and i guess he feels melo is still a great recruiter even though it has never been the case

There was never cap space for Melo to recruit. The one time there was , Phil said he wanted a couple of pieces not one big name. One big name is not able to et other guys, even older guys, to sign for the mle. Not sure why that is so ard to figure out.

Don't go there. The Knicks created cap space but Melo is and was a weak recruiting players. Besides other players know right off the bat if they can with someone.

I see what you mean...is that why Paul and Harden and Nene all want Melo in Houston?

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/12/2017  8:36 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Sinix wrote:Get me Demarcus Cousins in some sort of a deal for Melo and I will gladly voice my support for Steve Mills.

Based on the things you've been saying, I hope Mills never has your support.

Yeah, I have zero interest in cousins. We would have to give up A LOT more than Melo to get him too.
To

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/12/2017  8:39 PM
Uptown wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:You guys dont even care if the trade sets the franchise back 10 yrs,as long as he's gone you'll be happy..

he doesnt believe in picks and i guess he feels melo is still a great recruiter even though it has never been the case

There was never cap space for Melo to recruit. The one time there was , Phil said he wanted a couple of pieces not one big name. One big name is not able to et other guys, even older guys, to sign for the mle. Not sure why that is so ard to figure out.

Don't go there. The Knicks created cap space but Melo is and was a weak recruiting players. Besides other players know right off the bat if they can with someone.

I see what you mean...is that why Paul and Harden and Nene all want Melo in Houston?

Being recruited is much easier than doing the recruiting. A team that might be one piece away and is over the cap would gladly take Melo. Taking Melo on your team and leaving your team to go join Melo are two entirely different things though.
Bonn1997
USA
7/12/2017  8:40 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Sinix wrote:Get me Demarcus Cousins in some sort of a deal for Melo and I will gladly voice my support for Steve Mills.

Based on the things you've been saying, I hope Mills never has your support.

Yeah, I have zero interest in cousins. We would have to give up A LOT more than Melo to get him too.
To

And he's probably going to get a crippling $200 mil contract soon but he isn't worth near that.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/12/2017  8:43 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

what kind of trade would set us back 10 years? I am curious...

The latest version of the trade I heard was that we were taking back players with 10 year contracts.

Well at least they are not d leaguers with 15 year contracts!

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/12/2017  9:15 PM

So trade one selfish player for another?? No thanks. Cousins teams don't win because of him.

wargames
Member: #6053

7/12/2017  9:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/12/2017  9:18 PM
One of the best rumors I heard had Portland and Denver as the 3rd & 4th team. Knicks got Mudiay, Faried, and Harkless going to NY no picks.....

Another one had Utah and Portland as the 3rd & 4th team. Knicks got picks, Harkless and cap space

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/12/2017  9:18 PM
So the teams i've heard so far from different places to be in on this deal are:
Pelicans
Detroit
Utah
Phoenix
Houston of course
Brooklyn
Memphis
Denver
Portland

I might have missed one but this sure as hell is gonna be a crazy all team trade...lol

wargames
Member: #6053

7/12/2017  9:20 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:So the teams i've heard so far from different places to be in on this deal are:
Pelicans
Detroit
Utah
Phoenix
Houston of course
Brooklyn
Memphis
Denver
Portland

I might have missed one but this sure as hell is gonna be a crazy all team trade...lol

Imagine if Morey is basically building a house of cards of trade assets just to give the Knicks some youth and at least one 1st rounder for Melo

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
reub
Member: #6227

7/12/2017  9:20 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:So the teams i've heard so far from different places to be in on this deal are:
Pelicans
Detroit
Utah
Phoenix
Houston of course
Brooklyn
Memphis
Denver
Portland

We should know for sure by New Years.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/12/2017  9:33 PM
Welpee wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
joec32033 wrote:Via Traderumours/Hoopsrumours

Pelicans May Help Facilitate Carmelo Anthony TradeJuly 12th, 2017 at 6:21pm CST • By Arthur Hill

Earlier today, we told you the Rockets and Knicks were looking for a fourth team to help finalize a trade involving Carmelo Anthony. The Pelicans have expressed interest in becoming that fourth team, according to Marc Berman of The New York Post.

It’s not clear whether New Orleans would take on the three years and more than $61MM left on Ryan Anderson‘s contract or if he would go to another team. Anderson spent four years with the Pelicans franchise before signing with Houston last summer. The Rockets need to move his salary to make room for Anthony, while the Knicks have no need for Anderson because he plays the same position as Kristaps Porzingis and he goes against their new philosophy of avoiding older players on long-term deals.

Representatives for Anthony would like to see the deal get done this week, Berman adds. Houston has scheduled a press conference for Friday to officially welcome Chris Paul, but Berman sees little chance that the trade will be complete in time for Anthony to make a surprise appearance. Multiple sources tell Berman that no deal will happen until “well after” Friday. He states that the sides are getting closer to an agreement and are still “motivated,” but much work still remains. A proposed three-team trade reportedly “stalled” over the weekend, forcing the Rockets and Knicks to start the process over.

Sources tell Berman that Knicks acting presidentSteve Mills is so focused on the Anthony negotiations that it has prevented the team from finding a veteran point guard. There is speculation that New York may try to fill the position through the Anthony deal.

Houston’s first attempts to acquire Anthony were unsuccessful, Berman adds, because the Knicks were restructuring their front office after former president Phil Jackson was fired. However, ownerJames Dolan has now signed off on moving Anthony and plans to make Mills the new team president.

Insiders tell Berman that Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni initially wasn’t on board with acquiring Anthony because of their past differences in New York. However, with Paul, James Harden and Nene all pushing for the move, D’Antoni has been left with no choice.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/07/pelicans-may-help-facilitate-carmelo-anthony-trade.html?fv-home=true&post-id=69489

Pelicans ain't got a thing that will help.

Draft picks.

That isn't the issue.

Moving salaries is.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/12/2017  9:34 PM
Uptown wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I say go for it. This reminds me of Barkley, Pippen trying to team up with Hakeem.

reub

7/12/2017  9:36 PM
On Basketball Reference, Phil Jackson is listed in the similarity score as being third most similar to Harkless. I found that amusing.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/harklma01.html
Bonn1997
USA
7/12/2017  9:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/12/2017  9:40 PM
reub wrote:On Basketball Reference, Phil Jackson is listed in the similarity score as being third most similar to Harkless. I found that amusing.

Maybe Harkless will be a terrible Knicks president in 2050. Melo will probably still be here on a max contract.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/12/2017  9:40 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Being recruited is much easier than doing the recruiting. A team that might be one piece away and is over the cap would gladly take Melo. Taking Melo on your team and leaving your team to go join Melo are two entirely different things though.

Precisely because this way Melo has to conform to the team he is going to not the other way around.

reub

7/12/2017  9:45 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
reub wrote:On Basketball Reference, Phil Jackson is listed in the similarity score as being third most similar to Harkless. I found that amusing.

Maybe Harkless will be a terrible Knicks president in 2050. Melo will probably still be here on a max contract.

Haha! It could definitely happen.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/12/2017  9:56 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I was replying to the idea that no one wants to play with Melo. Also, wasnt phil jackson and his 11 rings a part of the recruiting bandwagon? on a pure NBA basketball level, the Houston franchise is a more disirable place than Dolans Knicks have ever been...so recruiting from NY is difficult. Ask Ewing...

stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

7/12/2017  10:03 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

If Harkless has 11 chips by then like Phil then hell yeah

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy