[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Power Ranking Time
Author Thread
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
8/24/2004  5:41 AM
wow. briggs, you must be kidding. never saw so much pessimism in my whole life.
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/24/2004  6:14 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Silverfuel:

Most people on this thread ranked NYK in the top 4 but I dont think thats going to happen. I think we will be closer to a 6,7 or 8 seed.
We were 7th with Eisley starting at PG for a third of the season, Shandon Anderson as the starting SG for almost half the season, and Weatherspoon as the first frontcourt player off the bench for about a third of the season. We should be much better than last year just because We have Marbury, Crawford, and an improved Sweetney for a full season
Most other teams in the East improved as well and our lineup did improve but not dramatically enough to catapult us from number 7 to number 2,3,4. No arguing that our lineup is much better revolving around Stephon and Crawford instead of Eisley and Houston.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 08/23/2004 19:43:47]
What teams improved a lot other than the Heat?
enough teams to make us go under a 4 seed.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/24/2004  8:46 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Silverfuel:

Most people on this thread ranked NYK in the top 4 but I dont think thats going to happen. I think we will be closer to a 6,7 or 8 seed.
We were 7th with Eisley starting at PG for a third of the season, Shandon Anderson as the starting SG for almost half the season, and Weatherspoon as the first frontcourt player off the bench for about a third of the season. We should be much better than last year just because We have Marbury, Crawford, and an improved Sweetney for a full season
Most other teams in the East improved as well and our lineup did improve but not dramatically enough to catapult us from number 7 to number 2,3,4. No arguing that our lineup is much better revolving around Stephon and Crawford instead of Eisley and Houston.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 08/23/2004 19:43:47]
What teams improved a lot other than the Heat?
enough teams to make us go under a 4 seed.
Thanks for being so specific
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/24/2004  8:47 AM
Posted by raven:

wow. briggs, you must be kidding. never saw so much pessimism in my whole life.
I guess you haven't read Islesfan's posts
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
8/24/2004  8:58 AM
1. Detroit Pistons
2. Miami Heat
3. New York Knicks
4. Indiana Pacers (only because of the new divisions)
5. Cleveland Cavaliers
6. Milwaukee Bucks
7. New Jersey Nets
8. Boston Celtics (could see the Magic sneaking up to this slot, though)

1. San Antonio Spurs
2. Minnesota Timberwolves
3. Sacramento Kings
4. Dallas Mavericks (only because of new divisions)
5. Los Angeles Lakers
6. Denver Nuggets
7. Houston Rockets
8. Memphis Grizzlies
------------
Close but no cigar: Utah Jazz, Portland Trail Blazers, New Orleans Hornets

[Edited by - Solace on 08/24/2004 08:59:30]
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/24/2004  9:40 AM
I think the big dissapointment this year will be the Heat. If they are going to make noise a few things have to happen that havent happened in several years. Shaq has to NOT miss 15 games. If he does the Heat will go 1-14 in games he's not playing.
Eddie Jones will need to hit clutch shots when the game is one the line.
They STILL have no forwards. How much of Rasual Butler and Udonis Haslem will the big diesel have to see before he's fed up?

I think the Knicks can win their division, I dont know if they will. We have played Phili very well in recent years and KMart was the one guy we couldnt deal w/ in NJ.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/24/2004  9:57 AM
heat is vastly overrated.
they won't win a game in back to back as shaq can't play at max level anymore 2 games in a row, so, 2 nights in a row...

wizards are just the warriors part 2, where jamison and arenas couldn't stand each other, and Jamison hated to see arenas dominate the ball. they'll hurt one day, but next season our team will destroy them.

Only Indiana and Detroit are better than us.
How we couldn't be a 50% team while we managed to do it in a season with 2.5 head coaches, a change of GM and in strategy, 20 players traded in 4 months is beyond me.

I thought that we'd only have to prove other guys and fans wrong, but never thought that we'd have to prove that to knicks fans.

thinking about loss of faith...

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/24/2004  4:37 PM
the warriors have been killing the knicks the last 3 years. i cant believe how many people just assume the knicks are a lock for first place with no interior D or that we are somehow so much better than the Celtics and Sixers --putting the Knicks at 40 games and third place is an uptick from last season from 38 wins. thats not pessimistic--thats being conservative--im hoping for more. The wizards are bluntly more talented than the knicks, younger more athletic bigger faster---they will be better than the knicks and will sneak past the heat for that division.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
8/24/2004  4:38 PM
we all know knicks will ball playoff berth , i’m guessing somewhere around 5th or six spot. however, i will remind everyone up in here the bar for knicks to elevate and beyond is playing .500 ball and above. no explanations, i want a win, win, win! situation. now getting back to the rankings, not surprise see the Orlando magic…….I’ll say one thing, whatcha got cookin’ grant hill?

franchise---top 3 pg in da league
cutt mobley- fire away!
grant hill-if he ever gets a taste of those mickey d fries or play at least 60 games magic makes playoffs
dwight howard---okafor should ’ve been the man?….and the story continues
kelvin cato---- not really your household center, but can do the job and the dirty work
turkoglu---give me your minutes gh
stevenson
garrity
battie
nelson---not making first round, don’t wanna pay him now, pay him later ?

could magic be the dark horse

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/24/2004  4:55 PM
the Knicks arent even close to the same team they were most of last year. The Knick have also killed the Kings in recent years... it means nada.

Tor has no interior D, our interior D just isnt very good.

I cant wait to watch us against Jamison, Kwame, Jarred Jefferies, Hunter... come back to me after that game regarding interior D.

The Knicks have an EXCELLENT scoring team. They have a very good rebounding team, and they arent the slow or tiny team we were a year or two ago.
We have shooting, versatile playmakers on the wings and athletic players that can cause matchup problems.

They also have an ass ton of depth. When Crawford, Penny, JYD, Sweetney and Vin Baker is your 2nd unit your looking at a very deep team.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/24/2004  5:32 PM
i cant believe how many people just assume the knicks are a lock for first place with no interior D or that we are somehow so much better than the Celtics and Sixers

the Knicks were a better team than either of them last year, & that was w/o Jamal Crawford, no Allan Houston for the most part, & no continuity which will hopefully be improved after a full training camp together this year...why is it out of the question to assume the Knicks will still be better than the Sixers & Boston?

BOS added Rick Fox, Al Jefferson, & Gary Payton who has said repeatedly that he would rather retire than go to Boston...so you think Fox & Jefferson are so much better than Jamal Crawford, Trevor Ariza & Jerome Williams?

PHI admittedly had a solid offseason after adding Brian Skinner, Corliss Williamson & Andre Iguodala, but i think the Knicks will still have a better shot at winning the ATL division next year because of their team depth, improvements in Mike Sweetney's game, & better team continuity after a full training camp...that's not to say NY will have a far superior regular season record...but if they win the Atlantic division, they get the #3 seed, regardless of how bad their record is compared to the #4 seed & below outside their division...that's why i place PHI as my projected #7 seed, since i believe their record will be slightly worse than NY's, but not better than IND, MIL or CLE's, w/BOS a close #8 seed after that.
EAST:
1) DET (winner of the Central)
2) MIA (winner of the Southeast)
3) NY (winner of the Atlantic - worst record among division winners)
4) IND
5) MIL
6) CLE
7) PHI
8) BOS
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/25/2004  12:14 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

1. Indiana
2. Philidelphia
3. Wizards
4. Detroit
5. Cleveland
6. Miami
7. Boston
8 Magic
LOL! The Knicks are out of the playoff picture Briggs?? Are you drinking hatorade from the same glass as Islefan?

will someone ban BRIGGS

btw i love turtles
Power Ranking Time

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy