How about this S+T with Memphis i took time with this
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/24/2004  9:29 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

there are variables in the trade that make it appealing including acquiring swift at 24 years old. With a combination of Sweetney and Swift, all we would need to do is compliment the two with another 6-10-+athletic player out of the draft to go along with Jake T and another vet and quickly WE would have a very young athletic power frontcourt with a nice combination of everything. [we couldve used mihm or doleac desperatly as a depth man at C]

Bonzi Wells is a much much better defender than TT and puts up the same numbers both in r+scoring BUT he is the key with his ending contract to get us that high pick where we could swipe an athletic big. I like Ariza as the future of our SF position+ it would be easy to find a solid player with the MLE at SF.

earl Watson gives us a real back up PG, one we dont really have right now--right now the back up is moochie or hardaway and IMHO thats not good enough. watson is up and coming hes a scrapper and plays vicious D.

Jake Tsakalidis is a 7'2" stiff imho...i'm not interested in adding him to this roster at all.

like i said, it would be nice to add Swift, but not if i have to give up TT, Nazr & KT to do it.

Bonzi is a good defender, but he's undersized for a SF...TT is a better scorer in the post & is a better fit for this roster as they are currently constructed imo...the point about Bonzi's contract is fair though...i agree, you could use him as a trade chip to get yourself a high draft pick, in which case i might like this idea.

& in your deal, it was Troy Bell coming over...i don't know where Earl Watson came from, unless you added him to the deal in another post that i missed.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
8/24/2004  10:09 AM
I don't want Stromile Swift at all. Physically he is what we need (although lighter) but mentally he is not a bright person. Have you watched him play? He seems confused alot, moves horribly without the ball, and is a pain to watch sometimes. I think he will spend his career being someone with potential and never realizing it. I think Tim Thomas is and will be a better player than Stromile Swift in this league. Bad trade for us, does nothing short or long term.

And whos to say Micheal Dickerson will retire? He has 4 years averaging 8 million left. What if he feels like collecting that?

Bonzi Wells is a great player, but he is 6-5 which means he is 6-4. I don't want to start a 6'4 player at Small Forward.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/24/2004  10:20 AM
Mostly I'm not ready to give up on TT just yet. He did was he was asked to do in Mil and that team was very good every year despite of guys (the big 3) coming and going.

This year he was asked to get stronger and to be prepared to play in the post more. So he's spent the offseason boxing and building upper body strength. At 27 years old he is very much at the crossroads of his career. Worse case scenario is next year you have a versatile 6'10 player with superior athleticism in his walk year. Best case scenario is you have a proven clutch performer hitting big shots at the end of games and causing matchup problems left and right.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/24/2004  10:28 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Mostly I'm not ready to give up on TT just yet. He did was he was asked to do in Mil and that team was very good every year despite of guys (the big 3) coming and going.

This year he was asked to get stronger and to be prepared to play in the post more. So he's spent the offseason boxing and building upper body strength. At 27 years old he is very much at the crossroads of his career. Worse case scenario is next year you have a versatile 6'10 player with superior athleticism in his walk year. Best case scenario is you have a proven clutch performer hitting big shots at the end of games and causing matchup problems left and right.
I agree; I'd be reluctant to trade TT, except for a top 5 center.
How about this S+T with Memphis i took time with this

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy