Jake Sakalidas 2 years 4mm
Troy Bell G

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/22/2004  9:30 PM
Well I am assuming Dickerson is just there to make the cap numbers work because I think he is going to retire, If I am correct, I am not a fan of bonzi wells at all and I think TT is a better player, I do like swift a lot so that may make taking bonzi back a little more palatable.... I just hate giving up 2 big players and basically getting one back. Jake tskalidas is a bum..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
8/22/2004  9:38 PM
This trade has a lot of variables. Bonzi is a great offensive talent but I can't say I am a big fan of him. Tim Thomas can average better stats potentially. Swift is the big plus for us; if Troy Bell turns out to be a suprise and Tsakalidas can find a role then this trade might be okay; but I'd take my chances with Tim Thomas instead of Bonzi; a former troubled Trailblazer. Nazr > Big Jake
http://allknicks.com
BigRedDog
Member: #569
8/22/2004  9:49 PM
Briggs, its not going to happen. You think you're going to get the better of a trade dealing with Jerry West? Ha.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
8/22/2004  10:10 PM
Don't think it happens, but I like it.

Not a fan of TT, Moahmmed, or KT really. I like Wells, he is a great scorer who gets inside and finishes. Runs the floor great, a potential 20pt scorer, can play both the 2 and the 3, great athlete.

Tsakalidis is a servicable backup center, can easily start on our team cause we only need him to rebound and block shots.

Swift speaks for itself, a supreme shotblocker/rebounder with incredible athleticms and potential to develop wicked post game.

I think this trade is a steal for NY. once again dout West does this, it is way to lopsided in our favor, we even get a nice guard prospect in Bell.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
8/22/2004  11:31 PM
This trade looks like something Jerry West would sink his teeth into. Kurt Thomas and Nazr give them veteran interior presence and Tim gives them a tall athletic sf. Mike Miller off the bench?
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/22/2004  11:48 PM
thats a good trade for memphis--in fact I d have to ask for Earl watson to make it fair instead of troy bell on second thought.

dickerson's contract is 80% paid by insurance which would atleast save the knicks 5mm next year+he comes off the cap next year altogether.

But memhis would get the higher talent pool with alot of additional size.

what we would get is younger again with the two primary players being Swift and Watson--you get the benefit of having Wells as a player atleast until the trade deadline--then he is an ending contract or you can keep him--oR let him walk S+T etc.... Jake T is just a player who can eat space for 8 minutes at 7-2. On top of that big guys are always slow to develop--he isnt going to be the second coming of anything--but serviceable back up at 7-2 is swell. Earl watson becomes our sixth man --a real effort player who is blossoming.

But if you really look at what memphis gets, they take more size and higher talent back.
RIP Crushalot😞
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
8/22/2004  11:52 PM
This trade is more likely to be made a year from now when Nazr and TT will have expiring contracts.

I would like to give TT another year anyway, to see Aguirre and the other coaches can help develop his game and heart.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
8/22/2004  11:57 PM
I'd rather keep our current teamand add Keon Clark and better address our need for a center next summer. I like Stro but not enough to give up our best center, best PF (Sweetney hasn't accomplished enough yet in the NBA to qualify as the best PF), and best SF
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/23/2004  1:40 AM
"I'd rather keep our current teamand add Keon Clark and better address our need for a center next summer. I like Stro but not enough to give up our best center, best PF (Sweetney hasn't accomplished enough yet in the NBA to qualify as the best PF), and best SF"

That's a good thought but if Memphis called you and asked to do it RIGHT NOW, would you? If I'm getting Watson (who's an awesome backup PG) I am.

PG: Marbury, Watson, Bell
SG: Houston, Crawford
SF: Wells, Penny, Ariza
PF: Sweetney, JYD
C: Swift, Tsakalidas

You've totally changed the dynamic of your team. They are now a legitimate young team with expiring contracts teams will want. This team might be worse this year, but in the long run you've got to like this team more.
#Knickstaps
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/23/2004  8:39 AM
I would very much like to have Battier. solid fundamentals on and off the court!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/23/2004  8:58 AM
I don't like it....

Stromile in NY would be great but to lose TT and Nazr in this trade is too much.....Stromile is not a center.....

Bonzi isn't gonna fit in NY cuz he's a jerk.....I can see him saying something stupid about the fans or the media and then getting booed out of town.

Right now the Knicks have a decent line-up.....I think JYD and Craw make the Knicks better. At this point....I would rather stick to our guns then trade just to trade....

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
USA
8/23/2004  9:06 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

I don't like it....

Stromile in NY would be great but to lose TT and Nazr in this trade is too much.....Stromile is not a center.....

Bonzi isn't gonna fit in NY cuz he's a jerk.....I can see him saying something stupid about the fans or the media and then getting booed out of town.

Right now the Knicks have a decent line-up.....I think JYD and Craw make the Knicks better. At this point....I would rather stick to our guns then trade just to trade....
I'd be reluctant to trade TT for Stro straight up, but I wouldn't give up Kurt and Nazy too. And I have no interest in those other players listed as part of the proposed trade.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/23/2004 09:38:55]
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/23/2004  9:31 AM
everyone talks about what a great athlete Swift is and how if given minutes he'll produce.

That's a big risk to think Swift will come through.

He could just as easily become Shandon Anderson- a big time contract that was signed with potential who it turns out can't play starters minutes.

Right now, KT, Nazr & TT are starters on our team- you can't trade them for potentially only 1- Bonzi. Until Swift plays as a starter, you have no real idea what kind of production you will get out of him-
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
8/23/2004  3:17 PM
I like this trade, although we are giving up a lot. I think Bonzi for Tim is a wash. Bonzi's smaller which is a concern, but his stat production would be about the same as Tim's.

The rest of the deal is good...I would certainly give up Kurt and Nazr to get Stromile, Tsakalidis and Bell/Watson. Kurt for Stro would be like a Oakley/Camby type deal. You know what you're getting from the cagey veteran, but getting the athletic youngster could improve your team dramatically.

I think we are giving up a lot of talent and frontcourt depth but we are getting upside. Also it gives the Knicks some flexibility money wise. Good proposal BRIGGS.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/23/2004  3:33 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

NY trades

C Nazr M
PF Kurt Thomas
SF Tim Thomas

NY receives

Bonzi Wells
Mike Dickerson
Stromile Swift 5 years 40mm starting at 6.25mm
Jake Sakalidas 2 years 4mm
Troy Bell G

i wouldn't do it...Tim Thomas is a better fit for this team than Bonzi Wells imho because he has good size at his position & we already have plenty of SG's already...which also means we have absolutely no need to take on Mike Dickerson either.

Stromile Swift would be a nice addition, but not at the price of giving up TT, Nazr & KT...& Tsakalidis is not much of an upgrade either for this team...Troy Bell would be a nice pickup, but i don't see MEM throwing him into that deal anyway...

the deal just doesn't make sense for the Knicks to make, & neither does it make real sense for the Grizzlies either when they already have James Posey & Shane Battier at SF.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
8/23/2004  6:15 PM
which also means we have absolutely no need to take on Mike Dickerson either.
dickerson is just salary, he is retired or going to retire because some injury promblem, I think i would do this trade because it gives the Knicks an athletic power foward that they so desperetly need
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/23/2004  6:51 PM
there are variables in the trade that make it appealing including acquiring swift at 24 years old. With a combination of Sweetney and Swift, all we would need to do is compliment the two with another 6-10-+athletic player out of the draft to go along with Jake T and another vet and quickly WE would have a very young athletic power frontcourt with a nice combination of everything. [we couldve used mihm or doleac desperatly as a depth man at C]

Bonzi Wells is a much much better defender than TT and puts up the same numbers both in r+scoring BUT he is the key with his ending contract to get us that high pick where we could swipe an athletic big. I like Ariza as the future of our SF position+ it would be easy to find a solid player with the MLE at SF.

earl Watson gives us a real back up PG, one we dont really have right now--right now the back up is moochie or hardaway and IMHO thats not good enough. watson is up and coming hes a scrapper and plays vicious D.
RIP Crushalot😞
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
8/24/2004  1:36 AM
I thought Crawford was the primary backup at both guard positions (including PG).
Bonn1997
USA
8/24/2004  8:16 AM
Posted by VDesai:

I thought Crawford was the primary backup at both guard positions (including PG).
He is and he's good at both positions. Our backcourt doesn't worry me.
How about this S+T with Memphis i took time with this

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy