[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sweetney for a defensive center with an upside?
Author Thread
colorfl1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #731
Canada
8/23/2004  12:35 AM
That series was never really close... (it would have been if he had a servicable center).
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/23/2004  12:41 AM
This arguement is going nowhere.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/23/2004  12:45 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Ok so Chandler is about to explode. But then if you know that then obviously Bulls management knows that too.

Bull's management wouldn't know a stud if he dropped 50 points on them. And that, as they say, is that.

And, as for your claim that the Bulls won't take anyone on our frontline, Im not sold on that. Maybe... But, I think they'll bite if we offer up Sweetney, Kurt and a pick.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
colorfl1
Member: #731
Canada
8/23/2004  12:46 AM
Your right on topic...

You have 4 other servicable PFs, who can all play solid.

Sweet is powerful trade chip...
Why not use him to help bring in a young defensive minded big?

Sweet, Nazir and picks will be enticing...they see the same Sweet, you guyz all see...

-Damn, I am stubborn! To much of Zekes funky-monkey Kool-Aid.

[Edited by - colorfl1 on 08/23/2004 00:50:37]
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
8/23/2004  12:54 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Isiah made the decision to give KT 4 more years

Isiah made the call to sign Baker back 2 more years

Isiah made the decision to get Nazr for Doleac

Isiah made the decision to acquire JYD

Isiah made the decision to add Lampe into the deal

The only decision that concerns me at this point is giving KT 4 years.
I'd rather have his contract have only two years left, but at least Isiah did re-sign him. It would have neen a mistake to lose him for nothing

I would have preferred trading him at the deadline last February, but obviously, I don't know what was offered.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/23/2004  12:56 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:

We aren't serious contenders right now anyway, so what difference does it make if we take another year and either trade expiring contracts for a good center, or trade for a higher draft pick (if not just use our own) and draft a promising center.

<snip>

I want Knick fans to get away from the thinking that we're a couple of years away. With the parity in the NBA, an poorly timed injury can be disasterous in the east or west. Depth looks to be the new in-thing--- and while not supremely talented, one thing we do have is depth. I think we're deep enough to overcome injury. I think we have nice mix; we have players entering their primes (Marbury/TT/Nazr), 30+ veterans (Houston, KT, Baker, Penny), and youngsters with big upside (Crawford/Sweetney/Ariza).

Detroit's championship totally redefined the rules of how championship teams are built... maybe the NBA is about to go into an era of team ball.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/23/2004  1:31 AM
Posted by technomaster:
Posted by MaTT4281:

We aren't serious contenders right now anyway, so what difference does it make if we take another year and either trade expiring contracts for a good center, or trade for a higher draft pick (if not just use our own) and draft a promising center.

<snip>

I want Knick fans to get away from the thinking that we're a couple of years away. With the parity in the NBA, an poorly timed injury can be disasterous in the east or west. Depth looks to be the new in-thing--- and while not supremely talented, one thing we do have is depth. I think we're deep enough to overcome injury. I think we have nice mix; we have players entering their primes (Marbury/TT/Nazr), 30+ veterans (Houston, KT, Baker, Penny), and youngsters with big upside (Crawford/Sweetney/Ariza).

Detroit's championship totally redefined the rules of how championship teams are built... maybe the NBA is about to go into an era of team ball.

All I was saying is even if we traded Sweetney for a center right now...we don't have a title contending team. Sweetney, along with Marbs, is our future. We can get a legit center next year with some expiring contracts or through the draft and don't have to trade away a promising young player if it doesn't help bring us a title.
I realize this is the NBA, and anything can happen. But why take a huge gamble if it's not necessary. Spend a year developing Sweets (and Craw to some degree), grooming Nazr into a maybe a Camby type player, and build chemistry with this team.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/23/2004  1:35 AM
"Sweet is powerful trade chip...
Why not use him to help bring in a young defensive minded big?

Sweet, Nazir and picks will be enticing...they see the same Sweet, you guyz all see...

-Damn, I am stubborn! To much of Zekes funky-monkey Kool-Aid."

Who are you talking about? Bill Russel? What young, defensive minded big? Sweetney is just as proven as Chandler and Dalembert are, let's let him watch. I'd rather have a potential Zach Randolph than a potential Stromile Swift. Scoring points in the paint is much more valuable than a "young defensive minded big." Keon Clark is 29 and can block shots, sign him cheap, no need to trade away your future.

I agree about building chemistry, there's no reason to deal Sweetney now. If he comes out of the gate and isn't playing well but the Knicks are and you can get some sort of young big man (though I don't know who??), I'd consider it. Now, no way.
#Knickstaps
eViL
Member: #561
USA
8/23/2004  11:22 AM
Posted by codeunknown:

Bull's management wouldn't know a stud if he dropped 50 points on them. And that, as they say, is that.

So true. They wouldn't know a stud if he dropped 50 points while playing for them either.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
codeunknown
Member: #704
8/23/2004  11:30 AM
Posted by eViL:

[quote]Posted by codeunknown:

So true. They wouldn't know a stud if he dropped 50 points while playing for them either.

Yeah, thats what I was getting at.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Sweetney for a defensive center with an upside?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy