Uptown wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:I RATHER HAVE KENNY SMITH

Yikes! Haven't we learned that this isn't the job for novices to come into?

He doesn't have an ego like Phil.....hes a NY guy who would hire the right people for NY.....like Mark Jackson and others.

Not some money hungry out of touch 70 yr old.

I like Kenny which is why I'd hate this job for him. I use to like Chris Mullin and what he started out in Golden State. His loyalty to Monta Ellis concerns me but other than that, I thought he did a solid job....and he's a NY guy. If he lent an ear to the analytics community, I'd interview him.

I rarely disagree with Kenny Smith. We just click for some reason.....More than Mark Jackson who's SAS favorite. SAS hurt himself with the KP thing for me. We need a NYer with thick skin ....and a sharp mind for today's game. but still in touch with the 90s defense. I thought Dantoni was fine. just needed an old-school Charles Oakley in his ear to preach defense.

Team building has shifted to more of an analytics based model. It's time we get with the times and find ourselves someone whose decisions are informed by some body of metrics, rather than trying to emulate the "old school". Phil Jackson was "old school". Donnie Walsh was "old school". Isiah Thomas was "old school". And none of them got us very far in developing a sustainable winner.

Couldn't agree more!!!

metrics dont mean poop when the guys on the floor hate each other or dont mesh. Metrics do little to address chemistry and every metric is attached to a human being, so shockingly you still need someone who understands team building. Thats not old school, thats just good management. Ujiri is a big culture guy. I knows how to run a good shop.

Who would disagree with this? Is anyone saying if you use metrics, it doesn't matter if the players hate each other?

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/29/2017  9:13 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

He doesn't have an ego like Phil.....hes a NY guy who would hire the right people for NY.....like Mark Jackson and others.

I like Kenny which is why I'd hate this job for him. I use to like Chris Mullin and what he started out in Golden State. His loyalty to Monta Ellis concerns me but other than that, I thought he did a solid job....and he's a NY guy. If he lent an ear to the analytics community, I'd interview him.

I rarely disagree with Kenny Smith. We just click for some reason.....More than Mark Jackson who's SAS favorite. SAS hurt himself with the KP thing for me. We need a NYer with thick skin ....and a sharp mind for today's game. but still in touch with the 90s defense. I thought Dantoni was fine. just needed an old-school Charles Oakley in his ear to preach defense.

Team building has shifted to more of an analytics based model. It's time we get with the times and find ourselves someone whose decisions are informed by some body of metrics, rather than trying to emulate the "old school". Phil Jackson was "old school". Donnie Walsh was "old school". Isiah Thomas was "old school". And none of them got us very far in developing a sustainable winner.

Couldn't agree more!!!

metrics dont mean poop when the guys on the floor hate each other or dont mesh. Metrics do little to address chemistry and every metric is attached to a human being, so shockingly you still need someone who understands team building. Thats not old school, thats just good management. Ujiri is a big culture guy. I knows how to run a good shop.

Who would disagree with this
? Is anyone saying if you use metrics, it doesn't matter if the players hate each other?
Someone who says this maybe?
Team building has shifted to more of an analytics based model. It's time we get with the times and find ourselves someone whose decisions are informed by some body of metrics
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
6/29/2017  9:16 AM
Chandler wrote:ESPN is saying Jerry west is endorsing Griffin.

I respect West's accumen

Also what's the name of the guy we already have who came from the nuggets. Mark T-something

Is he any good.

I'm really worried about Mills doing something stupid

I'm not worried about Mills. He's stupid, but he knows he's stupid, so he'll be hesitant to make a mess.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/29/2017  9:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2017  9:21 AM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Couldn't agree more!!!

? Is anyone saying if you use metrics, it doesn't matter if the players hate each other?
Team building has shifted to more of an analytics based model. It's time we get with the times and find ourselves someone whose decisions are informed by some body of metrics

I don't see that at all in what he said. "Shifted" just means more emphasis on metrics, not a blind obsession with them.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/29/2017  9:23 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Couldn't agree more!!!

I don't see that at all in what he said. "Shifted" just means more emphasis on metrics, not a blind obsession with them.
Blind and obsession are your words. "Shifting emphasis" means valuing one thing more than another. Metrics doesnt trump team building. Hinkie can back me up on that.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/29/2017  9:39 AM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Couldn't agree more!!!

Blind and obsession are your words. "Shifting emphasis" means valuing one thing more than another.

Shifting means valuing one thing more now than you used to value it, not necessarily more than other things. You could shift from a 5% to a 20% emphasis on metrics, for example.
Article: Decision Time For Raptors Ujiri

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy