[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Article: Decision Time For Raptors Ujiri
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

6/28/2017  11:17 PM
Ramona Shelburne reports that the Knicks are unlikely to rush hiring a replacement for Jackson. League sources told her it will be difficult to hire Ujiri away from the Raptors because of the Knicks' reluctance to part with draft considerations.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/28/2017  11:25 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Ramona Shelburne reports that the Knicks are unlikely to rush hiring a replacement for Jackson. League sources told her it will be difficult to hire Ujiri away from the Raptors because of the Knicks' reluctance to part with draft considerations.
Who is Shelburne's source now that Phil is gone? Is it Rambis? Did she connect with Mills?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/28/2017  11:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Ramona Shelburne reports that the Knicks are unlikely to rush hiring a replacement for Jackson. League sources told her it will be difficult to hire Ujiri away from the Raptors because of the Knicks' reluctance to part with draft considerations.
Who is Shelburne's source now that Phil is gone? Is it Rambis? Did she connect with Mills?

I am just glad someone is reporting of our reluctance to part with draft picks.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Caseloads
Member: #41
6/28/2017  11:52 PM
NardDogNation wrote:Is Ujiri a good GM? Take away his transactions with the Knicks, what has he really done?

yup. nada.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/29/2017  3:27 AM
NardDogNation wrote:Is Ujiri a good GM? Take away his transactions with the Knicks, what has he really done?

He tried to dismantle the captors but in the process accidentally created a winner and got praised as if it was some sort of master plan. I'm not even lying! When he took over the captors he decided to trade everyone away and rebuild, but once they got rid of Gay his attempt to trade Lowry fell through (aparantly we turned it down) then they started winning. He then gave a max contract to Carroll (huge bust) and wasted a top pick on that player from Brazil who wasn't even ranked!

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/29/2017  3:28 AM
blkexec wrote:I RATHER HAVE KENNY SMITH

I would rather have someone with experience and a good record - imagine that!

93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
6/29/2017  5:54 AM
I hear you! I think he's overrated too-
Kind of reminds me of Omar Minaya type personality- good with the press, amicable, good at making clever moves for the short term but not a savvy long term builder.
I would hope for the most boring conservative type GM possible- Our best move is to do very little and let some of the good moves Uncle Phil made blossom and don't trade draft picks or make knee jerk trades.....

smackeddog wrote:

He tried to dismantle the captors but in the process accidentally created a winner and got praised as if it was some sort of master plan. I'm not even lying! When he took over the captors he decided to trade everyone away and rebuild, but once they got rid of Gay his attempt to trade Lowry fell through (aparantly we turned it down) then they started winning. He then gave a max contract to Carroll (huge bust) and wasted a top pick on that player from Brazil who wasn't even ranked!

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/29/2017  6:55 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Yikes! Haven't we learned that this isn't the job for novices to come into?

He doesn't have an ego like Phil.....hes a NY guy who would hire the right people for NY.....like Mark Jackson and others.

Not some money hungry out of touch 70 yr old.

I like Kenny which is why I'd hate this job for him. I use to like Chris Mullin and what he started out in Golden State. His loyalty to Monta Ellis concerns me but other than that, I thought he did a solid job....and he's a NY guy. If he lent an ear to the analytics community, I'd interview him.

Walsh wanted Mullin to succeed him. Culture building.
If Ujiri came that would be great. But easy come, easy go...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/29/2017  6:58 AM
I don't want no TV guys. Sure they are bright, but they are not accountable on TV.
Give me a starphuch or at least assistant to a starphuch.

Rambis was bought up, funny, he might be best suited for the role and not that of coach.
Phucking dolan has to hire an advisor for everything. They guy can't trust his own decisions.
At least he knows he sucks. First step of intelligence actually!!!
Might be hope for him after all.

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/29/2017  7:48 AM
ESPN is saying Jerry west is endorsing Griffin.

I respect West's accumen

Also what's the name of the guy we already have who came from the nuggets. Mark T-something

Is he any good.

I'm really worried about Mills doing something stupid

(5)(5)
mlby1215
Member: #6486

6/29/2017  8:17 AM
In NYC, it is not actual game, it is about your media game. I think he would be okay. The problem is that why would he want to be here? If he offends some players then his career will end. Media will ruin him like they did to every knicks GM. The owner is too weak and unreliable. I really don't know why he wants to be here. Wants to test himself? idk. Dolan must thought he would get Ujiri because the connection he has. It would be too much funny if Ujiri refuses to come.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/29/2017  8:28 AM
Now, Ujiri wouldn’t be working for Leiweke in New York: he would be working for James Dolan, in his hereditary mad idiot kingdom.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/29/2017  8:39 AM
mlby1215 wrote:In NYC, it is not actual game, it is about your media game. I think he would be okay. The problem is that why would he want to be here? If he offends some players then his career will end. Media will ruin him like they did to every knicks GM. The owner is too weak and unreliable. I really don't know why he wants to be here. Wants to test himself? idk. Dolan must thought he would get Ujiri because the connection he has. It would be too much funny if Ujiri refuses to come.

This is silly IMO. If Phil had spent the $300 mil on Melo, Lee, Thomas, and Noah intelligently instead, he'd still be here.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/29/2017  8:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2017  8:51 AM
Chandler wrote:ESPN is saying Jerry west is endorsing Griffin.

I respect West's accumen

Also what's the name of the guy we already have who came from the nuggets. Mark T-something

Is he any good.

I'm really worried about Mills doing something stupid

I hope we stay as far away from David Griffin as possible. Perhaps one of the most overrated GM's I've ever seen. Remove the LeBron factor and I highly doubt they even make the playoffs during that stretch.

Name me a draft pick, other than Tristan Thompson, that wasn't the consensus overall pick in the draft that actually worked out for them. Exactly! How many draft picks do they have going forward? How many coaches did he go through during his tenure before stumbling onto Tyron Lue aka LeBron James' assistant? Griffin was terrible and has left the Cavs in a very bad spot should LeBron decide to leave.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/29/2017  8:56 AM
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

He doesn't have an ego like Phil.....hes a NY guy who would hire the right people for NY.....like Mark Jackson and others.

I like Kenny which is why I'd hate this job for him. I use to like Chris Mullin and what he started out in Golden State. His loyalty to Monta Ellis concerns me but other than that, I thought he did a solid job....and he's a NY guy. If he lent an ear to the analytics community, I'd interview him.

I rarely disagree with Kenny Smith. We just click for some reason.....More than Mark Jackson who's SAS favorite. SAS hurt himself with the KP thing for me. We need a NYer with thick skin ....and a sharp mind for today's game. but still in touch with the 90s defense. I thought Dantoni was fine. just needed an old-school Charles Oakley in his ear to preach defense.

Team building has shifted to more of an analytics based model. It's time we get with the times and find ourselves someone whose decisions are informed by some body of metrics, rather than trying to emulate the "old school". Phil Jackson was "old school". Donnie Walsh was "old school". Isiah Thomas was "old school". And none of them got us very far in developing a sustainable winner.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/29/2017  8:58 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I rarely disagree with Kenny Smith. We just click for some reason.....More than Mark Jackson who's SAS favorite. SAS hurt himself with the KP thing for me. We need a NYer with thick skin ....and a sharp mind for today's game. but still in touch with the 90s defense. I thought Dantoni was fine. just needed an old-school Charles Oakley in his ear to preach defense.

Team building has shifted to more of an analytics based model. It's time we get with the times and find ourselves someone whose decisions are informed by some body of metrics, rather than trying to emulate the "old school". Phil Jackson was "old school". Donnie Walsh was "old school". Isiah Thomas was "old school". And none of them got us very far in developing a sustainable winner.

Couldn't agree more!!!

Welpee
Member: #6239

6/29/2017  8:59 AM
Uptown wrote:If we have to give up picks, no thanks!
I completely agree. Maybe one second round pick but nothing more than that.
Welpee
Member: #6239

6/29/2017  9:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2017  9:05 AM
What about Joe Dumars? He recently said he was interested in getting back in under the right circumstances. He played for and built teams NY fans would appreciate.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/29/2017  9:06 AM
Uptown wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Couldn't agree more!!!

metrics dont mean poop when the guys on the floor hate each other or dont mesh. Metrics do little to address chemistry and every metric is attached to a human being, so shockingly you still need someone who understands team building. Thats not old school, thats just good management. Ujiri is a big culture guy. I knows how to run a good shop.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
6/29/2017  9:06 AM
blkexec wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

we have hired, and traded for NY guys that never seem to work out

ES
Article: Decision Time For Raptors Ujiri

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy