[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rosen Article From Today
Author Thread
Sinix
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7495

6/29/2017  7:11 AM
TheGame wrote:It seemed to me that no one on the team liked the triangle, not just Melo. I know KP gave it his okay but he is so young what else was he going to do. The problem is you had pick and role guards trying to run an offense designed for a guy like Ron Harper at point.

The biggest problem for the triangle was having me-first personalities that wouldn't run it.

When melo is your leader and he is ignoring the game plan, it effects the rest of the team.

Fisher failing to run it during his tenure was a big problem too. His insubordination hurt as well.

AUTOADVERT
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/29/2017  7:27 AM
Sinix wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:every GM that fails has these "things" happen to him. What makes GMs great is their ability to minimize these things and move forward. Every issue for Phil was a dramatic disaster. He failed to deliver on his promises for transparency for starters. He rarely communicated with the media and his use of twitter was idiotic. Phil made just enough mistakes to get himself chopped. There is very little more this this story than that.

What I came away with is that the team and franchise was a circus before he got there. He tried to fix it but the carnies want and are comfortable with their circus.

Not every gm walks into situations like these. Not every gm has to deal with a melo type that gets everyone fired. Not every new gm is stuck with no rookies and no draft picks going forward.

Yea... Melo's fault. We get it.

See you just don't get it. It was really Melo's fault.

That post I made didn't even mention melo. Guys like him are just melo fan boys first.

Actually my point went beyond melo, that melo is more a symptom of a problem than the total underlining problem. We still gotta deal with the symptom though.

But nothing would change if we dropped melo and didn't change the overall culture of the Knicks. There's no firm leadership or vision in management.

The culture is the problem and Phil was trying to change it (the triangle is a tool to effect the change)

What he knows is that, on the court, Melo is the driving force of the culture. What he didn't count on was that Dolan would stick up for his boy Melo over him (Dolan is the ultimate driving force of the culture). I think Phil might have even given Dolan the ultimatum of its either Melo or me. He gambled and lost but my guess is that he was ok with the outcome either way. If Dolan backed Phil, it was a big win for moving the organization forward. If Dolan backed Melo, which he did, then Phil gets to go home and his big headache becomes someone else's problem.

Dolan is Melo's enabler (AA term here...Dolan is a recovering alcoholic). He got him here, IMO gave him the new deal with the NTC and now is keeping him here. UNtil Melo is gone the team will not improve on the court. Until Dolan is gone the organizational culture will not change.

It's sad to be a Knicks fan...yet again.

GoNyGoNyGo
USA
6/29/2017  7:37 AM
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Caseloads wrote:It is Melo's fault. And Phil's fault. Mainly Melo's fault though.

Melo is not a team player and resistant to changing his game to improve the team. D'Antoni tried to get Melo to play team ball. Melo got D'Antoni fired. Phil fired. etc.

Phil had the right idea(s), just bad execution. Phil was held to an impossible standard.

What standard was Phil held to? Phil's front office was ranked in the bottom 2-3 for multiple years. He was the farthest thing from a grinder.

Bottom 2-3 every year yet somehow the Knicks are much better set up than when he came. Yet many franchises out there are in a worse position than 2-3 years ago.

Exactly. The next team president is better off than he was. They have cap space, all their picks and a team full of young talent - except for 2 guys. Melo and Noah. Phil was trying to right a wrong and get Melo out.

As for Noah, get him healthy and then see where he is at. If healthy and performing he could be traded at the trade deadline one of these years...or he stays and tutors KP and willy. Not the worse thing.

Phil's downfall was re-signing Melo. That's it in a nutshell. It is my opinion it wasn't his choice either. ITs like a GM that is forced to keep a coach (idzik and Ryan). He should have left then but he took the money that Dolan was throwing at him. His fatal mistake.

IS the team better now? Yes, but not if Melo is still here. Is the organization better? No doubt. So if that makes them bottom 2 or 3 by some idiot's rankings, so be it.

mlby1215
Member: #6486

6/29/2017  7:38 AM
To tell you what. No one would dare to say triangle is good last season. Do you know why? this is why.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/29/carmelo-anthony-not-off-trade-block-despite-phil-jacksons-exit/

“We’re starting to learn it now the way we should and we should have been playing from the beginning of the season,” Porzingis said then. “So we’re a little behind. Hopefully, I don’t know when, we can start using it properly and making some impact playing it. I like the triangle. My whole first season, we played nothing but the triangle so I know it pretty well.’’

According to an NBA source, Anthony was furious to read Porzingis’ positive sentiments on an offense he disdains.

“Melo really chewed him out, lit into him,’’ the source said.

GoNyGoNyGo
USA
6/29/2017  9:30 AM
mlby1215 wrote: To tell you what. No one would dare to say triangle is good last season. Do you know why? this is why.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/29/carmelo-anthony-not-off-trade-block-despite-phil-jacksons-exit/

“We’re starting to learn it now the way we should and we should have been playing from the beginning of the season,” Porzingis said then. “So we’re a little behind. Hopefully, I don’t know when, we can start using it properly and making some impact playing it. I like the triangle. My whole first season, we played nothing but the triangle so I know it pretty well.’’

According to an NBA source, Anthony was furious to read Porzingis’ positive sentiments on an offense he disdains.

“Melo really chewed him out, lit into him,’’ the source said.

precisely why he has to go. Unbelievable!

Rosen Article From Today

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy