[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Either MArbury sucks or the NBA is over-rated
Author Thread
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #737
USA
8/21/2004  10:45 PM
Marbury is not the problem here, too much talent is the problem. Marbury is used to being the center of his team. He just couldn't udjust to the gameplay. Like we already know, Marbury is a SCORING point guard. Ya guys wanna know why he makes 20+ points a game? HE GETS THE BALL MORE OFTEN. And i'm sure MJ had struggled worse than this before. Give him 1 more season and then you judge if he s---------u-----------c---------k---------s (I just can't say that word about marbury)
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
AUTOADVERT
flyingvee
Member: #405
8/21/2004  11:06 PM
Not trying to be cruel to Marbury cause the guy has shown he can play, but what i don't get is how that makes any difference with him clanking open jumpshots? And you think these guys don't care? You're saying Marbury is there and doesn't care that he's being humiliated? I do have salute Iverson and Duncan though for being above the others and being there. And I will agree, a major fault goes to the team USA commitee for selecting this bunch and not giving them enough time together. Now, you think these same guys will be willing to do it over in 2006 at the Worlds? I'm talking about Lebron and Carmelo and the others, or will they give their own version of the "I did it already, time for someone else?
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
8/21/2004  11:15 PM
Marbury is doing fine. Excuse me, but I missed a memo, is it time to bash Marbury now after bashing Richard Jefferson? I believe quite a few US players have ridiculed themselves by shooting a jumper and having it bounce off the side of the backboard, Shandon Anderson style. The Olympics, and especially this Olympics, is definitely not the place to judge NBA players. Larry Brown was asked if the guy who hit 7 treys on the Lithuanian team would be the best point guard in the NBA by a foolish reporter. Haha, that was a tough one to answer (sarcasm). Marbury and Odom have sacrificed so much out of their games, you have to appreciate it. If Marbury was playing his usual way, Carmelo Anthony would have a new partner next to the bench. Let's stop the US player bashing; we know the players don't fit and are too young; but its not any single of of them who is at fault (though I hate to not blame something on Mr. Anthony, who just does not get it).
http://allknicks.com
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
8/21/2004  11:27 PM
It's the system. Ideally, I would send a college all-star team to the Olympics that could practice together from the time March Madness ends. The problem is that too few college players stay for four years, so they use pros. But they don't practice together for a long enough time to defend and exploit intenational competition offensively.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/22/2004  12:31 AM
Posted by Rich:

It's the system. Ideally, I would send a college all-star team to the Olympics that could practice together from the time March Madness ends. The problem is that too few college players stay for four years, so they use pros. But they don't practice together for a long enough time to defend and exploit intenational competition offensively.
IDEALLY, the team that wins the NBA championship would go. I'd love to see the Pistons representing America in Athens.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/22/2004  1:15 AM
its very dissapointing watching these crazy rotations. other than tim duncan -no one knows who is going to play-there is no continuity or chemistry sustained. i think it would be better off to have high caliber CBB coaches and have a team that has solid NBA superstars as a core with some college players and a couple of niche nBA players thrown in

something like having JJ Reddick or a Gerry Mcnamara used as a shooter from college

have some guys like bruce Bowen and Ron Artest for defending other teams shooters etc..

maybe have jim bohein come in to use his zone D etc...

having to many stars seems like it will cause to much trouble you need niche and role players to fill out the core.

Look at the Bulls they had two superstars, solid size ,great outside shooters+ role players.

what this team doesnt have is chemistry and they lack some niche components they ned to have to play internationally

with that being said i still think we will win it all this year:>)

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/22/2004  1:32 AM
They were very tentitive. Now y'all know what a carmello fan Im not, but he was so tentitive to get rolling it was silly. They were over passing and afraid to shoot! Its now Larry fault either. These guys have such big egos, but they are fragile also.

None of this would be an issue if the would just hit a REASONABLE PERCENTAGE OF FOUL SHOOT! THERE IS NO EXUCUSE FOR THAT AND IT WAS THERE THEY LOST THE GAME!

Those Lithos hit about all their free throws, we looked pathetic at the line.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/22/2004  1:50 AM
Outside shooting is obviously the easiest target--- this has been an achillies heel in several American teams since Hershey Hawkins got hurt years ago, leaving Dan Majerle as the lone outside threat years ago. The greatness of David Robinson couldn't save us then, and Duncan's greatness can't save us now.

One of the more common theories is that many of our players are used to being superstars. Jefferson and Boozer have been 3rd options on their NBA teams in their young careers, and Marion, Marbury, and Stoudemire weren't given the green lights from day 1. Heck, these three were teammates for over a year, so someone had to be #2 option! Besides, wouldn't you expect a fair amount of chemistry between the three of them?!!

Granted, the US did not send it's best team. Throw KG in the mix, and you have a second 7 footer for opponents to contend with-- and maybe that's enough. I also think having ANY true SG on the team (sorry, I'm not sure exactly what Wade does!) would balance things out more. Ray Allen, why'd you have to disrespect us? What happened to Vince, McGrady, Kobe? Heck, not including Ray Allen and Michael Redd, are there any all-stars at any position that are known for their deadly shooting touch?
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Either MArbury sucks or the NBA is over-rated

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy