[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wojo hinting that Dolan may be reevaluating Phil's tenure???
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/28/2017  4:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2017  4:08 AM
The reaction of this board is freaking hilarious, just as a people watcher. Guys who wanted Phil gone are pissed he got fired now. People who wanted Phil to stay are pissed he's gone....it is absolutely amazing how Dolan literally can piss EVERYONE off, even if two groups have mirror opposite opinions, both groups think this is wrong....
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
magicTs
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5564

6/28/2017  4:12 AM
joec32033 wrote:The reaction of this board is freaking hilarious, just as a people watcher. Guys who wanted Phil gone are pissed he got fired now. People who wanted Phil to stay are pissed he's gone....it is absolutely amazing how Dolan literally can piss EVERYONE off, even if two groups have mirror opposite opinions, both groups think this is wrong....

I wanted him gone and will be delighted if it so!!!! Cheers 😄

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/28/2017  4:13 AM
joec32033 wrote:The reaction of this board is freaking hilarious, just as a people watcher. Guys who wanted Phil gone are pissed he got fired now. People who wanted Phil to stay are pissed he's gone....it is absolutely amazing how Dolan literally can piss EVERYONE off, even if two groups have mirror opposite opinions, both groups think this is wrong....

Some of us are glad he's gone, made it pretty clear.

GustavBahler

6/28/2017  4:13 AM
magicTs wrote:David Griffin incoming......

Already called it on page one, lol.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/28/2017  4:15 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

Gustav, Magic....there are always outliers.....

~You can't run from who you are.~
GustavBahler

6/28/2017  4:20 AM
joec32033 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Gustav, Magic....there are always outliers.....

We should call some grief counselors, some folks are going to be losing it today. I will lose it if Mills is the permanent replacement. Still glad the fing Triangle is history.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/28/2017  4:22 AM
Can't see how Hornacek can stay, he has zero authority - tried it partially his way, had to back down and claim triangle was great, now if he back peddles again its just a bad look. Hiring JVG as coach would ease the pain of this dumb firing.
Clean
Member: #743
6/28/2017  4:22 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Some recent events that could have played a part in Jackson likely losing his job.

Jackson feuding with his two biggest stars.

A recent story about the Knicks being the worst destination in the league.

A recent story about how Cuban pulled a fast one on Phil with DSJ.

Phil openly talking about trading KP, best pick in 30 years.

Worst record in franchise history.

Cant blame Dolan for pulling the trigger on this one. God help us with Mills, hope he listens to Gaines.

Gaines is a Phil guy so the chances of him staying on are slim if Phil is let go.
GustavBahler

6/28/2017  4:26 AM
smackeddog wrote:Can't see how Hornacek can stay, he has zero authority - tried it partially his way, had to back down and claim triangle was great, now if he back peddles again its just a bad look. Hiring JVG as coach would ease the pain of this dumb firing.

The smart thing to do IMO is to give Jeff a year to show what he can do his way, pick his own staff. He's had only one season in his career as a head coach where mgmt didnt make things ridiculously more complicated than they had to be. He was a finalist for coach of the year that season.

GustavBahler

6/28/2017  4:29 AM
Clean wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Some recent events that could have played a part in Jackson likely losing his job.

Jackson feuding with his two biggest stars.

A recent story about the Knicks being the worst destination in the league.

A recent story about how Cuban pulled a fast one on Phil with DSJ.

Phil openly talking about trading KP, best pick in 30 years.

Worst record in franchise history.

Cant blame Dolan for pulling the trigger on this one. God help us with Mills, hope he listens to Gaines.

Gaines is a Phil guy so the chances of him staying on are slim if Phil is let go.

Not necessarily. Gaines has developed a rep in this league for having an eye for talent. Gaines convinced Phil to draft KP, I read he convinced Krause to draft Pippen as well. I hope someone cleans house, but they know who to leave behind.

Clean
Member: #743
6/28/2017  4:39 AM
I have not agreed with some decisions Phil has made(Rose and Noah), but those people who say he is one of the worse GMs are either blind or have an agenda. I want him to finish his job and not be kicked out half way into it. I actually believed Dolan when he said he would let Phil handle it. I guess believing Dolan was a very dumb mistake. No really good free agents(without being old having major flaws or being overpaid) came to NY before Phil and none will come after Phil. So all the crap about people saying no big FA names would sign with us meant nothing to me. After Phil is let go we will still be a joke because our owner can't stop meddling at the worse possible moment. People might want Phil fired but the only consistent with all the Knicks BS is Dolan. Congratz we will now have two more years of ISO Melo and the newly minted Diva KP. I fully expect all of our draft picks and young players that Phil has gotten us will be traded for over the hill veterans. It would be ironic if KP's best friend Willy is one of those young players traded away for an aging veteran.
GustavBahler

6/28/2017  4:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2017  4:46 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Ruder than the worst record as an exec in 70 years?

Phil's tenure to date.
1. Tried to win with Melo - didn't go well but he tried

2. Embraced a true rebuild for the very first time since the Patrick Ewing era. That's 32 years people!

3. Established a core of young talent - KP, Willy, Frank. That is a solid start to a rebuild.

4. Values the draft! We have all our picks moving forward!

5. We have cap room!

6. We are embracing system ball - the way championship teams play.

Ok, so this is the record of the worst executive in 70yrs?!? I want some of what you're smoking.

I want to know what you're smoking that makes you think that Phil can skate on having the worst record in team history, you know WINS and LOSSES? Don't care what Phil tried to do, its what he did that got him fired.

mlby1215
Member: #6486

6/28/2017  4:53 AM
If Phil is gone, it is not his fault but he trusted the wrong guy, again. He thought he took a job, but indeed he is in the middle of power struggle. If someone talks Dolan to fire Phil, then why would they do it for someone outside of Knicks? The new prez will not be someone people like to have. It must come from inside and the victor would be the prez. I guess it would be Isiah Thomas or someone like him.

I finally understand why Media and some fans are so poised to say bad things about Phil. It is because they know the game. The game is that Dolan actually is a weak guy. He will do what the majority would say.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/28/2017  5:01 AM
Phil opted in just to get the cash. Haha, he hates Melo because he is Melo as a PoBO
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/28/2017  6:09 AM
Couldn't have come at a worse time. Unfortunately Jackson did more harm than good. I hope the next guy can continue on the same path
The Future is Bright!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/28/2017  6:22 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

LMAO, that got your attention.

WELCOME BACK CRZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/28/2017  6:25 AM
smackeddog wrote:Can the people happy about this honestly say they're pleased melo is sticking around for 2 yrs? All we had to do was suck for the next 2 years and add 2 more high lottery players via the draft.

I want Melo gone too...but first things first...Phil, the door is that a way...Peace

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/28/2017  6:25 AM
Dagger wrote:Yeah fire phil because Dolan has so many great replacements lined up...

he has the worst record in the nba, is that hard to replace

ES
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/28/2017  6:29 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:If Dolan *cough*Melo*cough* actually gets rid of Phil what can we expect?

1. Trade Frank for an established player.
2. Sign Chris Paul
3. Trade future picks for more washed up.talent.
4. Maybe win 44 games
5. First round playoff exit
6. No hope, after being so.damn.close.

This comes to pass I may have to hang up my Knicks jersey for awhile, would be too heartbreaking.

Yup. But, since this is Woj. I think Phil is safe

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Sinix
Member: #7495

6/28/2017  6:39 AM
Fire Phil to invest in a fat aging selfish Melo and the culture he wants for the Knicks?

It would set the franchise back years. Not to mention Phil was hired in the first place because no one else has a spine for the ny job.

Wojo hinting that Dolan may be reevaluating Phil's tenure???

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy