[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Does Michael Carter-Williams fit the Triangle?
Author Thread
colorfl1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #731
Canada
6/27/2017  1:19 PM
http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2017/06/chicago_bulls_wont_make_qualifying_offer_to_michael_carter-williams_making_him_f.html
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/27/2017  1:21 PM
where ever he goes they dont want him
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
colorfl1
Canada
6/27/2017  1:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  1:26 PM
Isn't Phil big on collecting big point guards?

He plays solid D -- and can't shoot the 3

colorfl1
Canada
6/27/2017  1:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  1:30 PM
"Carter-Williams has become an afterthought in the Bulls this postseason, but that could very well work out in New York's favor. The former NBA Rookie of the Year has had to battle injuries over his career, but did average 11.5 points, 5.2 rebounds, 5.1 assists, and 1.5 steals back in 2015-16. The Knicks could offer him playing time and a chance at redemption as he complements their forthcoming draft pick. In turn, there's a good chance he could be had at a relatively cheap rate.

In addition to youth, defensive prowess is also something New York will be on the lookout for this summer.

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/knicks-might-pursue-several-restricted-free-agents-this-offseason/226827510

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/27/2017  1:29 PM
colorfl1 wrote:Isn't Phil big on collecting big point guards?

He plays solid D -- and can't shoot the 3

Hasn't gotten even a little bit better. He's actually gotten worse

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
colorfl1
Canada
6/27/2017  1:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  1:35 PM
He was banged up last year.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2621121-michael-carter-williams-injury-updates-on-bulls-stars-knee-wrist-and-return
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/27/2017  1:51 PM
I would hope they keep him on radar
(5)(5)
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/27/2017  1:55 PM
colorfl1 wrote:"Carter-Williams has become an afterthought in the Bulls this postseason, but that could very well work out in New York's favor. The former NBA Rookie of the Year has had to battle injuries over his career, but did average 11.5 points, 5.2 rebounds, 5.1 assists, and 1.5 steals back in 2015-16. The Knicks could offer him playing time and a chance at redemption as he complements their forthcoming draft pick. In turn, there's a good chance he could be had at a relatively cheap rate.

In addition to youth, defensive prowess is also something New York will be on the lookout for this summer.

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/knicks-might-pursue-several-restricted-free-agents-this-offseason/226827510

it's been a mixed bag in terms of Phil signing guys that are young and need a "prove it" deal, that said, I'd be more than okay rolling the dice again. we really need a bridge PG... there's no way Frank is going to be tossed the keys to the kingdom this year, and possibly not next year either. I'd rather sign MCW to 2 years and $10 mil than Rose at 2 years and $30 mil

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/27/2017  2:00 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
colorfl1 wrote:"Carter-Williams has become an afterthought in the Bulls this postseason, but that could very well work out in New York's favor. The former NBA Rookie of the Year has had to battle injuries over his career, but did average 11.5 points, 5.2 rebounds, 5.1 assists, and 1.5 steals back in 2015-16. The Knicks could offer him playing time and a chance at redemption as he complements their forthcoming draft pick. In turn, there's a good chance he could be had at a relatively cheap rate.

it's been a mixed bag in terms of Phil signing guys that are young and need a "prove it" deal, that said, I'd be more than okay rolling the dice again. we really need a bridge PG... there's no way Frank is going to be tossed the keys to the kingdom this year, and possibly not next year either. I'd rather sign MCW to 2 years and $10 mil than Rose at 2 years and $30 mil

I agree. The Knicks might be playing for lottery position anyway. If he is a good fit it would be a nice signing by the Knicks. He seems like a good candidate that would sign a reasonable deal in exchange for playing time.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
USA
6/27/2017  2:30 PM
his QO is $4.3mm

I get he cant shoot but he can handle the ball and play defense. When your cap is $100mm how bad does a guy have to be, or how down on him to do you have to be to NOT bring him back for $4.3mm?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/27/2017  2:44 PM
Can't shoot but his defense is solid and he's young. Seems like a solid fit and should be considered.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/27/2017  3:12 PM
Remember the whole start to the Hinkie "process"?

That's the new approach Phil can try! Hinkie process redemption projects! Noel! OK4!

EnySpree

6/27/2017  3:27 PM
jrodmc wrote:Remember the whole start to the Hinkie "process"?

That's the new approach Phil can try! Hinkie process redemption projects! Noel! OK4!

Life is not always cut and dry. Things don't always go according to plan. MCW was the rookie of the year. You can't predict that a kid like that would regress. You can't predict Embiid would miss basically 2 season's. Can't product that okafor would become a flop. Or that Ben Simmons would have a season sending injury.... if they all played healthy when they were supposed to and all panned out to their potential... the process would have been incredible.

To flip it back to us... the Knicks are in their own process. We had our share of players drafted and signed. Not everything panned out we would be contending right now. We still have a healthy future. Hopefully more players stick and this rebuild gets expedited

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Welpee
Member: #6239

6/27/2017  3:48 PM
EnySpree wrote:

Life is not always cut and dry. Things don't always go according to plan. MCW was the rookie of the year. You can't predict that a kid like that would regress. You can't predict Embiid would miss basically 2 season's. Can't product that okafor would become a flop. Or that Ben Simmons would have a season sending injury.... if they all played healthy when they were supposed to and all panned out to their potential... the process would have been incredible.

To flip it back to us... the Knicks are in their own process. We had our share of players drafted and signed. Not everything panned out we would be contending right now. We still have a healthy future. Hopefully more players stick and this rebuild gets expedited

Except you can't look at it in isolation, one situation affects the others. Say Embiid is healthy his first year and Philly wins a few more games and drops down in the draft. Then maybe they don't draft Okafor and maybe draft Winslow or Mudiay or Cauly-Stein instead. Then maybe they don't get the #1 pick the next year and can't draft Simmons. Maybe...etc., etc., etc.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/27/2017  3:54 PM
EnySpree wrote:

...or that Nerlens Noel would spend his existence as trade bait and waiting for someone to get hurt.

Yes, and you can play that game all day with every scenario; if Rose came back and was someone else, distributing intelligently instead of a last resort when he can't do anything else but pass, and Noah hadn't been doing medical residency and taking illegal supplements and someone besides Melo could be counted on to hit shots when it mattered and Lee and Rose actually were a defensive upgrade over Pablo and Jose...

The difference is, tanking seriously has gotten Philly what? I give Phil credit for at least not going the full Hinkie. He tried to keep us competitive at times, other than the NBDL highlight season with Lunchpail Lou and the cameo appearance by Jimmer Fredette.

When you determine that life is always about tomorrow, and you are constantly spending your todays in the septic tank, could that possibly have at least some cause and effect on the outcomes of MCW, OK4, Noel...etc...?

Another 10 years from now, if Philly is relevant again, is someone seriously going to point to the process? Is that what competitive basketball is all about? Sh-t yourself for ping pong balls? I've hated this whole lottery process from the time they changed it. The Ewing lottery, even if fixed, at least didn't applaud and provide benefits to the very best loser. You could just miss the playoffs or suhuck worse than our 17 win team... no worse a shot at getting number 1.

That at least gives lip service to the idea that Sinix and all these other Melohating harpies seem to regurgitate endlessly. Playing hard every night in front of the real fans, no matter what.

Yes, and I know Melo suhucks on D and holds the ball too long for Phil, thanks.

EnySpree

6/27/2017  4:18 PM
Welpee wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Except you can't look at it in isolation, one situation affects the others. Say Embiid is healthy his first year and Philly wins a few more games and drops down in the draft. Then maybe they don't draft Okafor and maybe draft Winslow or Mudiay or Cauly-Stein instead. Then maybe they don't get the #1 pick the next year and can't draft Simmons. Maybe...etc., etc., etc.

Good point... the butterfly effect

Chandler

6/27/2017  4:28 PM
Knixkik wrote:Can't shoot but his defense is solid and he's young. Seems like a solid fit and should be considered.

where are all the people who wanted Evan Turner (and his 70 million albatross).

Getting back to Phil's desire, question is what can we transform MCW into

(5)(5)
fishmike
USA
6/27/2017  4:32 PM
Chandler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Can't shoot but his defense is solid and he's young. Seems like a solid fit and should be considered.

the only people who "wanted" Evan Turner did so with a first rounder (or two) attached to him.
Chandler

6/27/2017  4:37 PM
fishmike wrote:
Chandler wrote:

the only people who "wanted" Evan Turner did so with a first rounder (or two) attached to him.

Back before the big deal, I recall many people (myself included but that doesn't count) who thought E. Turner might contribute to a triangle system because of his length, D, and passing

Shaun Livingston, not that long ago, was a reclamation project.

In any event, I'm intrigued. Issue will be whether the team thinks if MCW can be fixed/transformed, or whether there's no "there" there.

(5)(5)
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/27/2017  4:41 PM
Phil has targeted big guards that can DEFEND,PASS and SHOOT! I think we would do better with one of the kids from our Summer League team!!! Already proven they can shoot!
Does Michael Carter-Williams fit the Triangle?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy