[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jedi Mind Trick deductive reasoning......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/27/2017  11:02 AM

Phil is usually pretty calculating. He has used his mind tricks to also motivate players.
I do believe he wants Melo gone.

Phil Jackson confirmed Anthony's position in an interview with MSG Network when the Knicks president said: "We've expressed the fact that we haven't been successful and it might be time for (Carmelo) to find an opportunity to go somewhere else

If this is really awful, then its soft.

What are the options and its on Melo to make a deal:

1. Trade him for value and its mutually beneficial. This is the best scenario. Melo and his agent have to find a situation that makes sense for all.

2. Buy him out. Freedom comes at a price. Melo can still make a nice wage in the nba. So basically the knicks pay a base, Melo gets paid close to his contract, everyine is happy.
Knicks get to spread out the base over 5 years, and creates cap space short term. Melo gets most of his money.

3. Now it gets tricky:
we waive him. nobody picks up his contract, then they bid on his services. Best financial scenario for Melo, awful for knicks. I don't see this.

4. Mind Phuck: Phil did this with Kobe, threatened to trade him. What did Kobe do? He responded and commited to the team concept. Keep an open mind, but if scenario's 1-2-3 don't happen, either Melo sits and
sulks(bad for him, bad for knicks) with a towel on his head it hurts his brand, his scoring records (Sits at #25 all time and climbing) and not good for his son. Knicks won't give him 56mil. THat is not
happening. If its so bad he can opt out next season and knicks are off the hook. Two years is a big deal.

Since Melo does not waive his NTCm won't accept a buy out, then he don't care about winning. This is where Phil is being smart/manipulative. Its nice Melo wants to be a good dad, but his quote "La La is Married, Melo is not" puts two things on his lap:

1. He won't pass the ball. PHil has complimented his attitude, his work ethic, his ability but not his desire to pass the ball. Thats it. Basically signed him up, gave him his NTC, Melo drank the kool aid
publicly and said he is in on the triangle and will recruit players. Phil is painted him into the corner.

2. Winning. Melo steps on the court and does not hustle on defense or starts stupid Iso ball while knicks lose, he will turn those cheers into jeers. He phuched up his marriage, not Phil. Melo is back but does
not care about winning. Won't play well with fans unless team is winning.

I don't think KP skipping out was anticipated but there is plenty of time to mend fences. KP made a mistake and knicks own him for three more years. He can talk a big game but if he is all we think he can be the extension and big money is huge. If he cannot move the dial in two years then he is not worth the money. Maybe its an injury or lack of talant. Either way we control it and can trade him if need be.

So in the end what happens??? What is Phils greatest attribute? What does the all time leader of championships do best? MOTIVATE!!! Melo now HAS TO BE TEAM FIRST!! He will have his minutes cut, he will pass the damn ball, he will score more points than sitting, and he increases his trade value based on good play!!! By doing so he makes phil look bad by proving him wrong!!!!! Know what, Phil don't care, if the team succeeds he'll get some cred. Phil haters will love seeing Melo succeed thinking this is all Melo shoving it up the old mans ass, but the arrogant Zen Jedi master will have done his job.

As for KP, Phil will make nice with Melo, make it very business like and if the team has good vibes that goes a long way to mending the fence. If Melo does not play well, then its pretty apparent that Phil was right. KP will see this, have to choose to recognize it, and choose his path.

I really do believe my bull**** until I realize we talking about the knicks and the history that comes with it. I can see a happy ending. Don't get me wrong, Isola and SAS will conjure up that PHil was wrong and look how good Melo is!!!! All the while what happend? Melo succeeding and knicks benefiting.

AUTOADVERT
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/27/2017  11:36 AM
jedi mind tricks is a great group, i dont know why vinnie paz went solo or was it stoupe?
Nalod
USA
6/27/2017  11:45 AM
dacash wrote:jedi mind tricks is a great group, i dont know why vinnie paz went solo or was it stoupe?

Never heard Of them. They open for "Jimmy and the straight shots"?

fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

6/27/2017  11:59 AM
I think the best move if melo wants to stay is to come off the bench as the 6th man. And if he won't hustle or play defense you bench him. What FA small forward can we get to be a starter?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/27/2017  12:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  12:25 PM
fitzfarm wrote:I think the best move if melo wants to stay is to come off the bench as the 6th man. And if he won't hustle or play defense you bench him. What FA small forward can we get to be a starter?

he's currently playing for some 3rd world country right now

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/27/2017  12:24 PM
Thing is I don't even think its mind games. I think he is just calling it as it is. Melo wants to stay. He knows he is going into a situation where the Knicks will play a lot of youth. And will run a lot of triangle.

With KP we would just have to have something good going by the time he becomes a restricted FA. Even then the amount of,mine the Knicks can offer would be huge compared to the comp. He wont pass on that type of money until his 3rd contact. But like you said if he is the player we feel is worth that then he would be a big reason to why we are a team on the rise. He should be putting up 200 WS48 numbers.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
6/27/2017  12:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:I think the best move if melo wants to stay is to come off the bench as the 6th man. And if he won't hustle or play defense you bench him. What FA small forward can we get to be a starter?

he's currently playing for some 3 world country right now

And this automatically means that the dude cant play?

dacash

6/27/2017  12:39 PM
Nalod wrote:
dacash wrote:jedi mind tricks is a great group, i dont know why vinnie paz went solo or was it stoupe?

lol i doubt that, underground rap group
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l75Z8wil_U

Nalod
USA
6/27/2017  12:43 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Thing is I don't even think its mind games. I think he is just calling it as it is. Melo wants to stay. He knows he is going into a situation where the Knicks will play a lot of youth. And will run a lot of triangle.

With KP we would just have to have something good going by the time he becomes a restricted FA. Even then the amount of,mine the Knicks can offer would be huge compared to the comp. He wont pass on that type of money until his 3rd contact. But like you said if he is the player we feel is worth that then he would be a big reason to why we are a team on the rise. He should be putting up 200 WS48 numbers.

the mind game is getting Melo motivated to adhere to the changing culture.
when you have a NTC along with the size of his deal where the last gasp of winning now attempted failed, Melo's motivation is chasing the ghosts in front of him on the all time scoring list. By painting Melo into the corner as he has there is a difference going forward.

Thus, Melo is chosing to stay, has choosen to stay over "winning" and thus has to be part of a good scenario. Melo has it in him to be a good mentor. He has to pass the ball and move. He needs look at himself as a manu ginobli type. He can still be "the man" but not every nite. Manu moves without the ball. Melo has to do that more. All star days behind him.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/27/2017  12:54 PM
Nalod wrote:

Jedi mind tricks are a dope group... hip hop, PHILLY, very underrated

This is featuring Sean Price on the first verse r.i.p.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/27/2017  12:57 PM
Nalod wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Thing is I don't even think its mind games. I think he is just calling it as it is. Melo wants to stay. He knows he is going into a situation where the Knicks will play a lot of youth. And will run a lot of triangle.

when you have a NTC along with the size of his deal where the last gasp of winning now attempted failed, Melo's motivation is chasing the ghosts in front of him on the all time scoring list. By painting Melo into the corner as he has there is a difference going forward.

Thus, Melo is chosing to stay, has choosen to stay over "winning" and thus has to be part of a good scenario. Melo has it in him to be a good mentor. He has to pass the ball and move. He needs look at himself as a manu ginobli type. He can still be "the man" but not every nite. Manu moves without the ball. Melo has to do that more. All star days behind him.

I think the Rose acquisition/Rose's play had a lot to do with the disappearance of Dad Melo. I am hoping Phil doesn't bring him back.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
6/27/2017  1:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I think the Rose acquisition/Rose's play had a lot to do with the disappearance of Dad Melo. I am hoping Phil doesn't bring him back.

It had everything to do with it

ES
newyorknewyork
6/27/2017  1:22 PM
Nalod wrote:

Phil most likely is trying to eliminate any excuses and complaints about dysfunction. Knicks will be committed to the triangle next year. Knicks will look to build up with youth under the triangle principals. By Phil announcing this specific direction and stating that it would be best for Melo and the Knicks to separate. Now if Melo wants to return. Melo can't complain about the offense that is being run. Or complain about Phil not looking to win now under Melo's "window". And if he doesnt buy in its on him. Can't complain about Phil making basketball observations public either. Since he chose to stay. With this I agree. I,just dont think it mind tricks to get Melo motivated.

I think this is Phil laying down the law.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/27/2017  2:15 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I think it had a lot to do with it but at some point Melo gotta step up and buy into team play and be the leader he is supposed to be and set the tone. He did not

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
dacash

6/27/2017  3:15 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I think it had a lot to do with it but at some point Melo gotta step up and buy into team play and be the leader he is supposed to be and set the tone. He did not

he cannot,when the team won the 54 games j kidd and others lead he followed. he is not a leader. shame too cause i like him.
you right at some point he must , but can he when he not used to dong it?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/27/2017  3:20 PM
dacash wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

he cannot,when the team won the 54 games j kidd and others lead he followed. he is not a leader. shame too cause i like him.

Where did DadMelo go?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
6/27/2017  3:59 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Phil most likely is trying to eliminate any excuses and complaints about dysfunction. Knicks will be committed to the triangle next year. Knicks will look to build up with youth under the triangle principals. By Phil announcing this specific direction and stating that it would be best for Melo and the Knicks to separate. Now if Melo wants to return. Melo can't complain about the offense that is being run. Or complain about Phil not looking to win now under Melo's "window". And if he doesnt buy in its on him. Can't complain about Phil making basketball observations public either. Since he chose to stay. With this I agree. I,just dont think it mind tricks to get Melo motivated.

I think this is Phil laying down the law.

Call it "mind trick", or "manipulation", or "Motivation", its all the same. Well said.

Nalod
USA
6/27/2017  4:00 PM
martin wrote:
dacash wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Where did DadMelo go?

With Rashweed.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

6/27/2017  4:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

What's the chances, if Rose is reigned and Melo waived, Phil defenders will call it a logical move? And when they win 15 games, they will say that it was his intention from the start.

I really hope your right and Rose is long gone. Only possible move is probably getting Rubio. Think with or without Melo he would improve the movement of the ball. What people around here don't get is that after all the ball.movement you still have to have someone who can make shots. Specially when the pressure is on. And that with good defenses, you still have to have guys that can draw double teams and create their own shots. Maybe KP can turn into that guy. If a tried rebuild, nest thing is to buy out Melo. Question is, is that what KP's team is worried about and is it something he will want to be a part of.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/27/2017  4:16 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

What's the chances, if Rose is reigned and Melo waived, Phil defenders will call it a logical move? And when they win 15 games, they will say that it was his intention from the start.

I really hope your right and Rose is long gone. Only possible move is probably getting Rubio. Think with or without Melo he would improve the movement of the ball. What people around here don't get is that after all the ball.movement you still have to have someone who can make shots. Specially when the pressure is on. And that with good defenses, you still have to have guys that can draw double teams and create their own shots. Maybe KP can turn into that guy. If a tried rebuild, nest thing is to buy out Melo. Question is, is that what KP's team is worried about and is it something he will want to be a part of.

Rosen's article the other day suggested the Knicks bring Rose back for two years.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jedi Mind Trick deductive reasoning......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy