[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo has been angling for a buy-out for a while now
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

6/26/2017  9:37 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:There is ZERO chance that I would ever buy Melo out and allow him to walk himself over to sign with the Cavs.

If this guy had in fact lived up to his end of the bargain after his last deal and the current situation was 100% on the Knicks ok -- I'd agree to let the guy go chase a dream because we are too screwed up to help him out.

BUT....this cat never bought into the system the staff wants to run, he played D and passed only when he felt like it and on top of everything he is a mangina.

If he will accept a trade to a reasonable destination with a reasonable return -- fine.

If he wants to play hardball (give him the S-Francis treatment and send him home to collect his paycheck for the next year or 2) and if he wants to do that -- he can spend the last few years of his basketball career on the couch in his penthouse.

Agree 100% Either play ball with a trade or accept a smaller role. Doing a buyout with a healthy man who makes 29mm $ is a disgrace for fans who ultimately pay every darn salary. Without fans basketball for pay does not exist.

Right ... "without fans".

You know where the buck stops when it comes to fans believing they're part of the organization... part of the ynamic ... that has fans they have "jobs".

When it comes to taking responsibility for the state of the team.

Then they're just fans ... they're the victims. They have no part in it at all.

It's the perfect storm for 21st century victimhood. All the good stuff is all about 'me', all the bad stuff is all about how I'm being done wrong.

"Fans" sit back and get to tell every coach and every executive and player what they do wrong, with character assassination on the table, but they take no responsibility for anything, and when someone dares criticize them like has happened the last 2 pages here, oh boy, they don't like that either ... ;-)

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime

6/26/2017  9:38 PM
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sinix wrote:Any team that is going to want Melo is going to be competing for a championship this season. And if they are competing for a championship seriously, Melo should not be picky.
Windhorst said yesterday on Lowe's podcast that if Melo goes he wants to stay east to be near his family. He said he had heard that this was a very important factor for him.

I don't buy Family Melo anymore. Not after two timing on his wife with a stripper. It's all an act with him.

Sad.

Sports is fun. You've forgotten that.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/26/2017  9:40 PM
mlby1215 wrote:It is more how influential Rosen is to Phil.

Phil does not need any permission to sign Rose. Why does he ask someone to post something like that? What is the purpose? Does he need fans and media to agree with it before he can sign? If he wants it, he will do it. He does not need spin. He just does it. Like it or not. He is that kind of person.

Phil said he would like to play Frank a lot of mins but it is the coach to decide. Then suddenly he calls his friend and airs Frank is not ready? What is he doing? Is he confused? Is it possible that there are actually two adults and they have different ideas?

newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:WHOA! This was rough. I don't know if Melo wants to leave. I know he LOVES it here in NY and I think he's too comfortable. Still if he was to return to how he played as DadMelo the previous year then I'd have no problem at all with Melo staying. It's really just about him BUYING IN as Phil has been asking. That's it.
I think he would return to DadMelo if Rose is let go. There was an article awhile back about how Rose's presence killed DadMelo. Unfortunately, exit meetings are very important with the Pres. Phil was impressed with Rose's exit meeting and if you believe Charlie Rosen, Phil will try to bring Rose back.

This will be a good case study to see how much Rosen truly speaks for Phil.

That is very possible. Yet Phil has taken a lot of heat for Rosen's articles. So it would be something if what you stated was the case. Which is why this would be a good case study.

I have a theory on this Rose situation though. I think they want act interested in resigning Rose in order to sell Wolves on the idea of trading Rubio for him.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/26/2017  9:51 PM
mlby1215 wrote:It is more how influential Rosen is to Phil.

Phil does not need any permission to sign Rose. Why does he ask someone to post something like that? What is the purpose? Does he need fans and media to agree with it before he can sign? If he wants it, he will do it. He does not need spin. He just does it. Like it or not. He is that kind of person.

Phil said he would like to play Frank a lot of mins but it is the coach to decide. Then suddenly he calls his friend and airs Frank is not ready? What is he doing? Is he confused? Is it possible that there are actually two adults and they have different ideas?

newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:WHOA! This was rough. I don't know if Melo wants to leave. I know he LOVES it here in NY and I think he's too comfortable. Still if he was to return to how he played as DadMelo the previous year then I'd have no problem at all with Melo staying. It's really just about him BUYING IN as Phil has been asking. That's it.
I think he would return to DadMelo if Rose is let go. There was an article awhile back about how Rose's presence killed DadMelo. Unfortunately, exit meetings are very important with the Pres. Phil was impressed with Rose's exit meeting and if you believe Charlie Rosen, Phil will try to bring Rose back.

This will be a good case study to see how much Rosen truly speaks for Phil.

It might be all Rosen. Interesting that he suggested contract numbers in the article.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Sinix
Member: #7495

6/26/2017  10:00 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sinix wrote:Any team that is going to want Melo is going to be competing for a championship this season. And if they are competing for a championship seriously, Melo should not be picky.
Windhorst said yesterday on Lowe's podcast that if Melo goes he wants to stay east to be near his family. He said he had heard that this was a very important factor for him.

I don't buy Family Melo anymore. Not after two timing on his wife with a stripper. It's all an act with him.

Sad.

Then why criticize anyone, ever in sports? Sports is fun. No one should ever get fired or cut ever. Good, realistic, attitude.

Sinix

6/26/2017  10:01 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:There is ZERO chance that I would ever buy Melo out and allow him to walk himself over to sign with the Cavs.

If this guy had in fact lived up to his end of the bargain after his last deal and the current situation was 100% on the Knicks ok -- I'd agree to let the guy go chase a dream because we are too screwed up to help him out.

BUT....this cat never bought into the system the staff wants to run, he played D and passed only when he felt like it and on top of everything he is a mangina.

If he will accept a trade to a reasonable destination with a reasonable return -- fine.

If he wants to play hardball (give him the S-Francis treatment and send him home to collect his paycheck for the next year or 2) and if he wants to do that -- he can spend the last few years of his basketball career on the couch in his penthouse.

Agree 100% Either play ball with a trade or accept a smaller role. Doing a buyout with a healthy man who makes 29mm $ is a disgrace for fans who ultimately pay every darn salary. Without fans basketball for pay does not exist.

You know where the buck stops when it comes to fans believing they're part of the organization... part of the ynamic ... that has fans they have "jobs".

It's the perfect storm for 21st century victimhood. All the good stuff is all about 'me', all the bad stuff is all about how I'm being done wrong.

"Fans" sit back and get to tell every coach and every executive and player what they do wrong, with character assassination on the table, but they take no responsibility for anything, and when someone dares criticize them like has happened the last 2 pages here, oh boy, they don't like that either ... ;-)

Don't get all dramatic. It's as simple as I'm a Knick fan and I'll root for those I feel are good for the organization or I will boo those that I feel are impeding the Knicks. I consider Melo sliding more and more into impeding therefore he gets boos.

Knickoftime

6/26/2017  10:05 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sad.

Then why criticize anyone, ever in sports? Sports is fun. No one should ever get fired or cut ever. Good, realistic, attitude.

Getting fired or cut is active. The people in decision making roles actually DO something.

Your criticism is passive. It does nothing.

At least YOU and are having an active exchange. Unfortunately, I'm not the Knicks, so your criticisms are just doing nothing.

That said, criticism about sports is fine. You've taken to attacking him personally in a forum he won't even hear you.

That just reflects badly on you.

Knickoftime

6/26/2017  10:07 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Don't get all dramatic. It's as simple as I'm a Knick fan and I'll root for those I feel are good for the organization or I will boo those that I feel are impeding the Knicks. I consider Melo sliding more and more into impeding therefore he gets boos.

Awesome, I'm sure out of the 19.1k that are at each game, he'll hear you, and it'll hurt.

Sinix

6/26/2017  10:23 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Awesome, I'm sure out of the 19.1k that are at each game, he'll hear you, and it'll hurt.

There's more and more fans like me now.

Sinix

6/26/2017  10:24 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sad.

Getting fired or cut is active. The people in decision making roles actually DO something.

At least YOU and are having an active exchange. Unfortunately, I'm not the Knicks, so your criticisms are just doing nothing.

That said, criticism about sports is fine. You've taken to attacking him personally in a forum he won't even hear you.

Dude cheats on his wife with a stripper and destroys his family and I'm supposed to turn a blind eye? It reflects on ME badly because I don't approve of what he's done. Get a grip dude. Stop trying to get personal with me.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/26/2017  10:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2017  10:37 PM
There is no logical reason to buyout or sit Melo. Next year his contract will be expiring and hopefully he will have worked out his marriage issues by then. Due to the expiring nature of his deal, there will be more trade scenarios that Melo might agree to. Plus, it is not like we have some young SF that Melo is taking minutes from. The Knicks should just play nice, and I think Melo and KP will at least go through the motions and hopefully the team can win enough to stay in the playoff race. Next summer is the earliest you would buy him out if things do not work out and really I would not buy him out until after the trade deadline in 2019.
Trust the Process
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/26/2017  11:30 PM
Should be an interesting offseason. No buyout for Melo. There is no real reason to pay a dollar like that when the team is not likely to be competitive in the short term. The Knicks can play out the next two years with relative indifference. It's a shame that the Rose/Noah/Lee off-season didn't gel better. I certainly have less hope for this season.

I'm interested in a unit with Frank, Kris and Billy as the focus. That's a lot of length in those three. after that, I'm not that excited at the moment.

This is the Randle.
Knickoftime

6/27/2017  12:05 AM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

There's more and more fans like me now.

Exactly.

There are more and more like 'me'.

As I was saying.

There may even be a few dozen at some games.

Knickoftime

6/27/2017  12:10 AM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sad.

Dude cheats on his wife with a stripper and destroys his family and I'm supposed to turn a blind eye? It reflects on ME badly because I don't approve of what he's done. Get a grip dude. Stop trying to get personal with me.

What does it have to do with basketball?

You can get personal with Melo but I can't get personal with you?

This is the blatant hypocrisy so many sports fans don't even see.

EVERYONE is fair game... except you. How dare anyone criticize you?

The irony is thick.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/27/2017  7:14 AM
By under no circumstances do we buy Melo out at any point of his contact.... he signed that deal. Phil gave him a no trade clause. He's got to sick this out. He's just as at fault as Phil is for losing last season. I believe he tried to get Phil fired. It doesn't make sense how a team doing so well can just loose so many games in a row. The talent was there. Cant blame it on Phil and the triangle. Hornacek did the best he could. The leadership on the floor was lacking.

Phil told everyone that Melo should look for a trade cuz we're going rebuild with youth. Melo doesn't want to leave and is angling for a buyout? Fuck that man. Accept a trade, play and buy in or sit on the ****ing bench. Salary should not determine anything. All players 1-15 should be treated the same.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Sinix

6/27/2017  7:42 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sad.

What does it have to do with basketball?

You can get personal with Melo but I can't get personal with you?

This is the blatant hypocrisy so many sports fans don't even see.

EVERYONE is fair game... except you. How dare anyone criticize you?

The irony is thick.

This kind of brings us back to this point about no other player ever getting so much excuses for having such little resume.

What does this have to do with basketball? Someone said family might be the reason he doesn't waive NTC.... which is bs. Name 1 other player in the NBA who is such a diva about having to be around his family. Like he doesn't have millions upon millions upon millions to be where he needs to be within hours no matter where he is in the country. The family thing is a convenient excuse and I'm calling Melo out on it after he showed us where his family values are at after choosing the stripper over them.

Melo is a Knick and getting paid near 30 mil a year. When he signed a near 30 mil a year contract, he signed up for his life to be public like this. He signed up for the scrutiny attached to a leadership role. Me as a forum guy talking to a bunch of idiot fans, not so much. It's downright weird you are trying to get personal with me.

Sinix

6/27/2017  7:48 AM
EnySpree wrote:By under no circumstances do we buy Melo out at any point of his contact.... he signed that deal. Phil gave him a no trade clause. He's got to sick this out. He's just as at fault as Phil is for losing last season. I believe he tried to get Phil fired. It doesn't make sense how a team doing so well can just loose so many games in a row. The talent was there. Cant blame it on Phil and the triangle. Hornacek did the best he could. The leadership on the floor was lacking.

Phil told everyone that Melo should look for a trade cuz we're going rebuild with youth. Melo doesn't want to leave and is angling for a buyout? Fuck that man. Accept a trade, play and buy in or sit on the ****ing bench. Salary should not determine anything. All players 1-15 should be treated the same.

I agree, let him rot on the bench.

Melo is trying to play pr games. He wants the buyout but he doesn't want to paint himself as someone who gave up on NY. It really is pathetic and cowardly when you understand what he's doing. Kind of reminds me of Karl's criticism of Melo. That he lacks a certain manhood and leadership quality because he grew up without a father figure in his life. It's sad but I think we are seeing the effects it has on a man's ability to be accountable and responsible.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/27/2017  8:33 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sad.

Are you implying that posters on a chat board should not give their opinions on the chat board?Sounds like you created a moral highground to perch on cause you don't like his content. But isn't this exactly the place to post those opinions? And while we are at it, if the intention was to get Melo's attention to the fact that he is a poor role model by his behavior, yeah, not the best forum for that. But more so, no one should be telling Melo what he can and can't do in that moral keep your hand out of the cookie jar sense. Right now you just come across as a hall monitor. Wear your sash with pride.

I like reading opinions, even if I disagree. I don't disagree here though.

This is the Randle.
Sinix

6/27/2017  9:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  9:05 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sad.

Are you implying that posters on a chat board should not give their opinions on the chat board?Sounds like you created a moral highground to perch on cause you don't like his content. But isn't this exactly the place to post those opinions? And while we are at it, if the intention was to get Melo's attention to the fact that he is a poor role model by his behavior, yeah, not the best forum for that. But more so, no one should be telling Melo what he can and can't do in that moral keep your hand out of the cookie jar sense. Right now you just come across as a hall monitor. Wear your sash with pride.

I like reading opinions, even if I disagree. I don't disagree here though.

It's gotten to the territory of 'weird' with how much that poster is attacking me on a personal level. For criticizing a controversial Knicks player on a website designated for discussions like these.

I fail to see how my personal life factors into anything whatsoever related to Knicks discussion. Yet when it comes with Melo's personal behavior, it is inevitably more public and interrelated with his professional craft. When Melo signed his last contract especially, he signed on to be a leader and emissary for NYK sports.

Like I said, it's weird. It's probable this poster knows he is in the wrong so his tactic is to muddy up the waters by descending into personal attack.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/27/2017  10:45 AM
TheGame wrote:There is no logical reason to buyout or sit Melo. Next year his contract will be expiring and hopefully he will have worked out his marriage issues by then. Due to the expiring nature of his deal, there will be more trade scenarios that Melo might agree to. Plus, it is not like we have some young SF that Melo is taking minutes from. The Knicks should just play nice, and I think Melo and KP will at least go through the motions and hopefully the team can win enough to stay in the playoff race. Next summer is the earliest you would buy him out if things do not work out and really I would not buy him out until after the trade deadline in 2019.

Wow, an actually fact-based, financially sound and coherent post, in a sea of deranged melohate, fans who go boo in the night, and BRIGGS who apparently has missed a few doses of whatever it was that just kept him focused on making four or five threads on the latest sleeper pick from the fourth round...

I'm not quite sure what my post had to do with you specifically, BRIGGS, but I promise not to say anything or comment anymore on anything you post or thread about. And by the way, I'm not one of these 4 or 5 tkf/dk7th Mardy Collins loving posters with four or five logins. I've only had this one for over 10 years. So not quite sure what you're ranting about, and not quite sure I want to know.

Holy crap.

Melo has been angling for a buy-out for a while now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy