HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

6/26/2017  6:40 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Fan are powerless, they are observers, not participants. What you're discussing only matters to fan who don't know this.

Worse, you acknowledge you stuck up for him, maybe even defended him against people who felt that way about him sooner than you did. Now you're arguing with people who have not arrived at exactly what did exactly when you did.

I don't believe fans are powerless. Especially with Melo. This guy craves positive attention from fans. He constantly talks about his post bball career brand. If his reputation takes a hit, it's going to hurt him a lot. If we the fans start booing him more, it will hurt him and probably help the knicks.

This is about me, as a Knick fan. I want what's best for the Knicks and that is something for me also.

Same as Phil. Not same as Melo. Get it?

No.

You've convinced yourself you're a part of the equation.

You aren't.

Even if it mattered, Melo is no more going to let the booing fans win any more than he's going to let Jackson win.

You think he's going to respond to that sort of hostility by giving the fans booing him exactly what the want and walking away with his tag between his legs??

dude, c'mon.

Whether I'm important or not, whether I matter or not I'm going to voice my opinion anyway.

Fact is Melo isn't as popular as he was last year. And that's worse from 2 years ago. And that's worse than 3 years ago.

Melo isn't only declining physically but his fan perception is as well and I do believe that matter to him.

Maybe not to all NBA players but for Melo specifically, he's referenced his post ball brand. He needs an audience for a post ball brand and his current fandom is shrinking. If we all boo him, he has to make a move or let his brand die further.

Agreed. We should release this bum and try to resign Jeremy Lin. What do you think the chances of Lin coming back to the Knicks? Now that those idots signed DR? Do you think Lin would let you visit her in the locker room? What type of sneakers is Lin currently wearing? Will Lin start any games for the Nets next year? IF not, will you be picketting outside the Barclays arena? I will!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
Sinix
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7495

6/26/2017  6:43 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Fan are powerless, they are observers, not participants. What you're discussing only matters to fan who don't know this.

Worse, you acknowledge you stuck up for him, maybe even defended him against people who felt that way about him sooner than you did. Now you're arguing with people who have not arrived at exactly what did exactly when you did.

I don't believe fans are powerless. Especially with Melo. This guy craves positive attention from fans. He constantly talks about his post bball career brand. If his reputation takes a hit, it's going to hurt him a lot. If we the fans start booing him more, it will hurt him and probably help the knicks.

This is about me, as a Knick fan. I want what's best for the Knicks and that is something for me also.

No.

You aren't.

Even if it mattered, Melo is no more going to let the booing fans win any more than he's going to let Jackson win.

You think he's going to respond to that sort of hostility by giving the fans booing him exactly what the want and walking away with his tag between his legs??

dude, c'mon.

Whether I'm important or not, whether I matter or not I'm going to voice my opinion anyway.

Fact is Melo isn't as popular as he was last year. And that's worse from 2 years ago. And that's worse than 3 years ago.

Melo isn't only declining physically but his fan perception is as well and I do believe that matter to him.

Maybe not to all NBA players but for Melo specifically, he's referenced his post ball brand. He needs an audience for a post ball brand and his current fandom is shrinking. If we all boo him, he has to make a move or let his brand die further.

Agreed. We should release this bum and try to resign Jeremy Lin. What do you think the chances of Lin coming back to the Knicks? Now that those idots signed DR? Do you think Lin would let you visit her in the locker room? What type of sneakers is Lin currently wearing? Will Lin start any games for the Nets next year? IF not, will you be picketting outside the Barclays arena? I will!

Lol at your sig and post. I don't care much about Lin but did he have sex with your girl or something. Why do you hate him so much?

HofstraBBall

6/26/2017  6:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2017  6:48 PM
I dont hate anyone. Not sure if Lin sleeps with women. Only copies their hair cuts.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/26/2017  6:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2017  6:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:WHOA! This was rough. I don't know if Melo wants to leave. I know he LOVES it here in NY and I think he's too comfortable. Still if he was to return to how he played as DadMelo the previous year then I'd have no problem at all with Melo staying. It's really just about him BUYING IN as Phil has been asking. That's it.
I think he would return to DadMelo if Rose is let go. There was an article awhile back about how Rose's presence killed DadMelo. Unfortunately, exit meetings are very important with the Pres. Phil was impressed with Rose's exit meeting and if you believe Charlie Rosen, Phil will try to bring Rose back.

See more conditions of how everybody needs to jump through hoops to please this dumbass so he can show up for a precious 32 games in a full season. And the media will find ways to blame the rest on Phil. Its always about what Melo needs and the hell with the Knicks. Fukk this loser, tell him to stay home and rot.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Sinix

6/26/2017  6:55 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:WHOA! This was rough. I don't know if Melo wants to leave. I know he LOVES it here in NY and I think he's too comfortable. Still if he was to return to how he played as DadMelo the previous year then I'd have no problem at all with Melo staying. It's really just about him BUYING IN as Phil has been asking. That's it.
I think he would return to DadMelo if Rose is let go. There was an article awhile back about how Rose's presence killed DadMelo. Unfortunately, exit meetings are very important with the Pres. Phil was impressed with Rose's exit meeting and if you believe Charlie Rosen, Phil will try to bring Rose back.

See more conditions of hours everybody needs to jump through hoops to please this dumbass so he Vann shouts up for a precious 32 games in a full season. And the media will find ways to blame the rest on Phil. Its always about what Melo needs and the hell with the Knicks. Fukk this loser, tell him to stay home and rot.

I've never seen a player with such a blank resume be catered with so much for so long. It's insane he has the say he does in the organization.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/26/2017  6:57 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:Dude is all about his money and has been playing a PR game to snag more from NY.

He can't get more money from NY.

Keep in mind this is the guy that forced a trade to NY and in the process the Knicks gave up all their valuable assets.

No.

Melo doesn't bleed blue and orange.

No fan bleeds their team's colors. I've been on enough sports messages boards for enough teams for enough years to know fans bleed their own colors.

It's all about what they think and believe and what they want.

Nobody wants anything for a greater good. They want it for themselves.

What a fcking dick you are. Yeah I know who you are by the way Mr Princeton. Don't tell fans anything you fcking pos. I have never been aggressive ever on these message boards for 15 years but I'd love for you to say it to my face. And I bet a lot you'd be fcking surprised arsehole. Same thing with Dolan banning that fan-- he only did it because he had protection. STFU

I have no interest in responding to this in kind. Martin can attest to your false claim.

If you are, however, interested in discussing the virtues of Frank Kaminsky, I'd look forward to

I don't think you need to tell the fans who pay your ****ing salary that they are a bunch of *******s. Don't bring Martin into it he doesn't need to shill for you . I'm not responding to you anymore and I would appreciate if you do not respond to anything I write you pos.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/26/2017  6:58 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

No.

You aren't.

dude, c'mon.

Again, you admit as length you were once a fan an a defender of him against what's now your position. So I'll repeat - this is about you. YOU've arrived at clearly being more mad at yourself than him for YOUR mistake, so now every fan who doesn't share your view that he's the devil is the problem.

Why don't you pay your fellow fans the same respect you once likely wanted when you were a fan?

Now as it stands, as a Knick fan I'd like to see Melo off the team too, but I can think and argue that with a measure of maturity and not demean Knicks fandom by saying stupid **** like he's fat.

The fact remains, you've turned what is a recreational pursuit into really, really, really wanting to make a guy worth hundreds of millions of dollars feel really, really bad about himself because people like yourself (as you admit) enabled him for years.

This is what sports has become to some.

Read that last two sentences again. Tell me I'm wrong.

Knickoftime

6/26/2017  6:59 PM
Sinix wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

See more conditions of hours everybody needs to jump through hoops to please this dumbass so he Vann shouts up for a precious 32 games in a full season. And the media will find ways to blame the rest on Phil. Its always about what Melo needs and the hell with the Knicks. Fukk this loser, tell him to stay home and rot.

I've never seen a player with such a blank resume be catered with so much for so long. It's insane he has the say he does in the organization.

Did you think that when it was you doing the catering?

Knickoftime

6/26/2017  7:02 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:Dude is all about his money and has been playing a PR game to snag more from NY.

He can't get more money from NY.

Keep in mind this is the guy that forced a trade to NY and in the process the Knicks gave up all their valuable assets.

No.

Melo doesn't bleed blue and orange.

No fan bleeds their team's colors. I've been on enough sports messages boards for enough teams for enough years to know fans bleed their own colors.

It's all about what they think and believe and what they want.

Nobody wants anything for a greater good. They want it for themselves.

What a fcking dick you are. Yeah I know who you are by the way Mr Princeton. Don't tell fans anything you fcking pos. I have never been aggressive ever on these message boards for 15 years but I'd love for you to say it to my face. And I bet a lot you'd be fcking surprised arsehole. Same thing with Dolan banning that fan-- he only did it because he had protection. STFU

I have no interest in responding to this in kind. Martin can attest to your false claim.

If you are, however, interested in discussing the virtues of Frank Kaminsky, I'd look forward to

I don't think you need to tell the fans who pay your ****ing salary that they are a bunch of *******s.

I don't even know that the means.

I'm not responding to you anymore and I would appreciate if you do not respond to anything I write you pos.

I'll respond to what i choose.

HofstraBBall

6/26/2017  7:03 PM
Sinix wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Why are you acting like your two different posters? To agree with yourself? Do you think he will make the HOF? BTW, He is clearly our best player since Patrick. Except for Lin that is.

mlby1215
Member: #6486

6/26/2017  7:28 PM
It is more how influential Rosen is to Phil.

Phil does not need any permission to sign Rose. Why does he ask someone to post something like that? What is the purpose? Does he need fans and media to agree with it before he can sign? If he wants it, he will do it. He does not need spin. He just does it. Like it or not. He is that kind of person.

Phil said he would like to play Frank a lot of mins but it is the coach to decide. Then suddenly he calls his friend and airs Frank is not ready? What is he doing? Is he confused? Is it possible that there are actually two adults and they have different ideas?

newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This will be a good case study to see how much Rosen truly speaks for Phil.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/26/2017  7:40 PM
I contend that Phil doesn't really want Melo gone at any cost. Phil would have no problem with Melo staying if he Bought In. The Media is hyping this nonsense of waiving or buyouts but Phil isn't likely to do that and in fact I think a lot of his public comments are still an effort to challenge Melo to change. It might be working! I've noticed Melo keeps posting these workout videos and he's working on going quick, Catch n Shoot. Moving as if in the Triangle making baseline cuts.

Sinix

6/26/2017  7:41 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

No.

You aren't.

dude, c'mon.

Again, you admit as length you were once a fan an a defender of him against what's now your position. So I'll repeat - this is about you. YOU've arrived at clearly being more mad at yourself than him for YOUR mistake, so now every fan who doesn't share your view that he's the devil is the problem.

Why don't you pay your fellow fans the same respect you once likely wanted when you were a fan?

Now as it stands, as a Knick fan I'd like to see Melo off the team too, but I can think and argue that with a measure of maturity and not demean Knicks fandom by saying stupid **** like he's fat.

The fact remains, you've turned what is a recreational pursuit into really, really, really wanting to make a guy worth hundreds of millions of dollars feel really, really bad about himself because people like yourself (as you admit) enabled him for years.

You're wrong. This has always been about the Knicks for me. You're wrapped around loyalties to Melo the player.

Melo's been fat his whole career. He's lazy. I was a fan. Am I not allowed to evolve my opinions? I have more information about Melo the player and person than I did 5 years ago.

If he doesn't want to move on he is hurting the Knicks and it's my job as a Knick fan to make him feel bad for hurting the fortunes of the sports team I root for. I can't believe I have to explain this stuff.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/26/2017  7:52 PM
LivingLegend wrote:There is ZERO chance that I would ever buy Melo out and allow him to walk himself over to sign with the Cavs.

If this guy had in fact lived up to his end of the bargain after his last deal and the current situation was 100% on the Knicks ok -- I'd agree to let the guy go chase a dream because we are too screwed up to help him out.

BUT....this cat never bought into the system the staff wants to run, he played D and passed only when he felt like it and on top of everything he is a mangina.

If he will accept a trade to a reasonable destination with a reasonable return -- fine.

If he wants to play hardball (give him the S-Francis treatment and send him home to collect his paycheck for the next year or 2) and if he wants to do that -- he can spend the last few years of his basketball career on the couch in his penthouse.

He has ruined Porzingis do you want him to ruin Frank as well.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/26/2017  8:26 PM
LivingLegend wrote:There is ZERO chance that I would ever buy Melo out and allow him to walk himself over to sign with the Cavs.

If this guy had in fact lived up to his end of the bargain after his last deal and the current situation was 100% on the Knicks ok -- I'd agree to let the guy go chase a dream because we are too screwed up to help him out.

BUT....this cat never bought into the system the staff wants to run, he played D and passed only when he felt like it and on top of everything he is a mangina.

If he will accept a trade to a reasonable destination with a reasonable return -- fine.

If he wants to play hardball (give him the S-Francis treatment and send him home to collect his paycheck for the next year or 2) and if he wants to do that -- he can spend the last few years of his basketball career on the couch in his penthouse.

Agree 100% Either play ball with a trade or accept a smaller role. Doing a buyout with a healthy man who makes 29mm $ is a disgrace for fans who ultimately pay every darn salary. Without fans basketball for pay does not exist. So the Knicks and Melo need to both respect this(even though they dont)
Phil does not want Melo here but Melo has a no trade clause. I think something in the middle---like 10 /30 teams of approval meets in the middle. If 10 teams do NOT want Melo--than he will be our 6-8th man for the next 2 years. Hes not sitting home while people slave for 10$ an hour--that would be disgrace

RIP Crushalot😞
Sinix

6/26/2017  8:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2017  8:29 PM
Any team that is going to want Melo is going to be competing for a championship this season. And if they are competing for a championship seriously, Melo should not be picky.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/26/2017  8:48 PM
Sinix wrote:Any team that is going to want Melo is going to be competing for a championship this season. And if they are competing for a championship seriously, Melo should not be picky.
Windhorst said yesterday on Lowe's podcast that if Melo goes he wants to stay east to be near his family. He said he had heard that this was a very important factor for him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Sinix

6/26/2017  9:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2017  9:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Sinix wrote:Any team that is going to want Melo is going to be competing for a championship this season. And if they are competing for a championship seriously, Melo should not be picky.
Windhorst said yesterday on Lowe's podcast that if Melo goes he wants to stay east to be near his family. He said he had heard that this was a very important factor for him.

I don't buy Family Melo anymore. Not after two timing on his wife with a stripper. It's all an act with him.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/26/2017  9:23 PM
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I don't buy Family Melo anymore. Not after two timing on his wife with a stripper. It's all an act with him.

He wants to be near his son.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickoftime

6/26/2017  9:29 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

No.

You aren't.

dude, c'mon.

You're wrong. This has always been about the Knicks for me. You're wrapped around loyalties to Melo the player.

You mean except for the part in the post you just responded to that says "Now as it stands, as a Knick fan I'd like to see Melo off the team too..."

Yeah, I'm all wrapped up.

Am I not allowed to evolve my opinions? I have more information about Melo the player and person than I did 5 years ago.

Absolutely. One would hope you'd also evolve to not to say stupid stuff in public like completely misremembering the circumstances of the trade, but if since you're so protective of your opinions, why not respect others?

If he doesn't want to move on he is hurting the Knicks and it's my job as a Knick fan to make him feel bad for hurting the fortunes of the sports team I root for. I can't believe I have to explain this stuff.

It's your "job", huh?

See next post.

Melo has been angling for a buy-out for a while now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy