[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ricky Rubio still available?
Author Thread
stanleybostitch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1071

6/26/2017  12:45 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19741720/minnesota-timberwolves-remain-intent-dealing-point-guard-ricky-rubio

Hmmm. Could be a good mentor for Frank? 26yrs old still qualifies as a youth - maybe a sign-and-trade with Rose? Only downside is it eats into Baker's minutes.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/26/2017  12:56 PM
who's gonna play PG for Minn? Also Rubio had perhaps the best half of his career last year. He was great post AS break.

I would certainly take him. We have some shooters, so his court vision and defense would be very welcome. I would love to get Rubio in the mix for Rose in a S&T

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/26/2017  1:03 PM
Tyus jones is still there.
PG is really not a position for many teams. Its a state of mind.
Wiggins, Butler, and Baker. Baker? Yeah, throw in on trade.
Rubio can be mentor like Jose to Grant.
LOL, Noah, Baker, N'dour for Rubio. heard it here first!!!!
reub
Member: #6227

6/26/2017  4:47 PM
Minny is looking to land a bigger fish at PG. They will probably need to move Rubio to land that fish. I think that we can get him and not give up Lee in the process.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/26/2017  4:57 PM
fishmike wrote:who's gonna play PG for Minn? Also Rubio had perhaps the best half of his career last year. He was great post AS break.

I would certainly take him. We have some shooters, so his court vision and defense would be very welcome. I would love to get Rubio in the mix for Rose in a S&T

I have heard he is still available and that they are looking to move him ntheyvwant more shooting. I think he is a much better option then Rose both as a mentor for Frank and as a teammate for KP.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/26/2017  5:29 PM
Rubio is the no-brainer of all no-brainers if he's made available and he doesn't have greater market value than the Knicks can top.

If I were Boston (if they don't land a bigger fish) or Philly I'd be all over him.

Welpee
Member: #6239

6/26/2017  5:54 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19741720/minnesota-timberwolves-remain-intent-dealing-point-guard-ricky-rubio

Hmmm. Could be a good mentor for Frank? 26yrs old still qualifies as a youth - maybe a sign-and-trade with Rose? Only downside is it eats into Baker's minutes.

Why are some people so high on Baker? He's a nice, hustling role player but that's about it.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/26/2017  6:10 PM
Welpee wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19741720/minnesota-timberwolves-remain-intent-dealing-point-guard-ricky-rubio

Why are some people so high on Baker? He's a nice, hustling role player but that's about it.

Doesn't seem too hard to figure.

Actually passed at an excellent rate for a SG and a pretty good one for a PG. Showed some court awareness and vision. Wasn't overwhelmed defensively and was demonstratively active.

His shot didn't fall, but was a scorer/shooter in college. If he turns his shooting around, no reason he can't be a quality rotation player.

Welpee

6/27/2017  1:18 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Actually passed at an excellent rate for a SG and a pretty good one for a PG. Showed some court awareness and vision. Wasn't overwhelmed defensively and was demonstratively active.

His shot didn't fall, but was a scorer/shooter in college. If he turns his shooting around, no reason he can't be a quality rotation player.

Yeah but one poster thought he could've been 2nd all-rookie and this guy thinks cutting into his minutes would be a drawback to getting Rubio. He's not that good and his ceiling is not that high. He's a solid guy off the bench for a bad team and the 10th or 11th man for a good team.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
6/27/2017  2:23 AM
Have no problem trading C.Lee straight up for Rubio. Rubio is a dynamic player that would gel with our system. Frank Nt can play the 2 but his jumper is hopefully consistent.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/27/2017  6:32 AM
Welpee wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Yeah but one poster thought he could've been 2nd all-rookie and this guy thinks cutting into his minutes would be a drawback to getting Rubio. He's not that good and his ceiling is not that high. He's a solid guy off the bench for a bad team and the 10th or 11th man for a good team.

You have to develop your quality role players if you want any kind of future. You can't just rely on stars. Baker can be the RoLo of PGs. These are valuable contributors that fit your needs. Having said that, I would definitely want Rubuio if he is available. Maybe have Baker backup Lee more of we don't pay Holiday.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/27/2017  6:39 AM

While he can't shoot a lick, and a terrible fit for today's game, he will get Porzingis and Willy touches in good spots. He will be good for Porzingis and since we refuse to do the smart thing and trade him, we should do the next best thing and feed him the ball.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/27/2017  6:41 AM
Welpee wrote:

I don't get it either. Dude is not a 10 man NBA rotation player on a good team
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/27/2017  7:02 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:

this is not a good team, and he works hard and smart ;one of the few that does.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/27/2017  7:21 AM
I'm surprised nobody said anything about Melo for Rubio.... Melo has his family issues but Minnesota had a huge opportunity now to assemble another super team.... they could trade for Melo and still work Kyle Lowry into the mix in free agency.

Melo, Kat, Lowry and Butler? 🤔

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
blkexec
Member: #748
6/27/2017  9:16 AM
EnySpree wrote:I'm surprised nobody said anything about Melo for Rubio.... Melo has his family issues but Minnesota had a huge opportunity now to assemble another super team.... they could trade for Melo and still work Kyle Lowry into the mix in free agency.

NTC
Family

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Welpee

6/27/2017  10:13 AM
dacash wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:

this is not a good team, and he works hard and smart ;one of the few that does.

The fact that that's a stand out trait says more about the team than Baker.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/27/2017  10:20 AM
EnySpree wrote:I'm surprised nobody said anything about Melo for Rubio.... Melo has his family issues but Minnesota had a huge opportunity now to assemble another super team.... they could trade for Melo and still work Kyle Lowry into the mix in free agency.

That trade works straight up on trade checker. I don't think they could chase Lowry if they took on Melo's deal. Butler and Thibs have to make that move interest Anthony a little. But his desire to be near his son probably causes him to not waive the NTC.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/27/2017  10:28 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

That trade works straight up on trade checker. I don't think they could chase Lowry if they took on Melo's deal. Butler and Thibs have to make that move interest Anthony a little. But his desire to be near his son probably causes him to not waive the NTC.

It would have to be Rubio, Wiggins and Nemanja for Melo... Fleece? Maybe, but when you consider fit and what the twolves want to accomplish it works.... maybe they keep Wiggins and we get Markkanen. There is a trade there. Melo almost went to Chicago to play with Butler and Thibbs.... I know Melo has his family trouble but professionally this makes sense

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/27/2017  11:13 AM
fishmike wrote:who's gonna play PG for Minn? Also Rubio had perhaps the best half of his career last year. He was great post AS break.

I heard that they want shooting so if we did trade for Rubio i would think it would have to be for C.Lee which would hurt us for shooting cause after C.Lee all we have is KP and Melo and we still don't know for sure what's gonna happen with Melo. So we wouldn't have much shooting at the guards spots with Rubio who has pretty much zero 3 point shooting, Frank who won't be looked at for his 3 point shooting although he isn't horrible at it, R.Burgandy isn't even signed and might get a better offer elsewhere and his shooting wasn't good last year, J.Holiday most likely won't be back, C.Randle i thought was horrible last year and never understood how anyone saw much good from him but maybe with a year under his belt he'll come in more confident, Sasha who might be back but his minutes will be limited and then D.Dotson who's a question mark as a NBA player. Losing C.Lee would hurt us in not only his shooting but his two way play.

Ricky Rubio still available?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy