[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank Ntilikina's Strasbourg Team LOSES Championship series 2-3.
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
6/26/2017  1:53 PM
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:With Nitty it's clear he has talent but I never saw the type of game that a Fultz or Dennis Smith Jr. type has. Still that's not why Phil drafted him. Phil wanted a great On Ball defender as he stated he was going to be looking for. He also wanted a great fit for how the Knicks play and Phil loves tall PG's that aren't Ball Dominant. That's been his MO since Ron Harper ran Point for him. Phil would rather have a great defender with limited offense as long as they can run the offense and hit the open shot. Nitty has kind of a Malcom Brogdon type of game IMO. I think Nitty is a bit more talented but very similar to Brogdon.

Freak doesn't seem to have that nasty to compete like the players mentioned. This kid Brogdon is a nasty guy. He's not the most talented but he has that extra spice. Frenchy doesn't show that extra something that good players have. That's why all the draft guys say he's good but not going to be an all star. He's musing that extra spice and it has nothing ti did with skillet or his physics size

I was concerned about Nitty's lack of IT factor but at the same time we are looking a young kid who is IMO very similar to how Kawhi looked. The way Kawhi is playing now is not how he looked at the start. Nitty has the talent and needs to develop more confidence in what he can do. I don't think he's ever going to be an ultra aggressive offensive player but I do expect he'll gain more aggression as he gains confidence. One way to know this is how he played against kids his own age!!!
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

6/26/2017  5:12 PM
He has been a HS player going up against adults in a good Euro league and he has CLEARLY not even touched his physical prime. Add to this the fact that he is playing in a system where he is not given as much freedom to go solo.

He is behind many of the American players in physical maturity and has that type of long body that will be slower to mature (like Isaac, by the way, and KP, for that matter), yet people try to evaluate him as if he is a finished product.

Always an issue for some around here when you take the less "sexy" player...especially when they are a Euro.
For what it is worth, I think Pops would have taken him at #8, too, but we will never know.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/27/2017  1:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  1:08 PM
nixluva wrote:With Nitty it's clear he has talent but I never saw the type of game that a Fultz or Dennis Smith Jr. type has. Still that's not why Phil drafted him. Phil wanted a great On Ball defender as he stated he was going to be looking for. He also wanted a great fit for how the Knicks play and Phil loves tall PG's that aren't Ball Dominant. That's been his MO since Ron Harper ran Point for him. Phil would rather have a great defender with limited offense as long as they can run the offense and hit the open shot. Nitty has kind of a Malcom Brogdon type of game IMO. I think Nitty is a bit more talented but very similar to Brogdon.

I like this comparison. Not exactly uber athletic but uses bball IQ and off the ball movement very well to his advantage. St this point, all it means is that we are going to need to get a scorer type guard down the line.
The Future is Bright!
Frank Ntilikina's Strasbourg Team LOSES Championship series 2-3.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy