Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

6/26/2017  4:28 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I don't kill him for our record
We just weren't going to be a great or even good team
His best move? I think picking Willy G at 36 by using a trade
And sticking with KP at pick 4. I also believe our draft this year will yield success and agree with all 3 picks win lose or draw. Do not think the big men Udfas are nba players
Trades? Ah should've got better for Chandler but I'm not bitching about it.
Worst moves? Well I guess the obvious is Noah. Noah was like buying a falling stock though every indicator out there said stay away. I will personally say the worst move was not executing the trade with Boston to acquire Jackson. From Mj to Kobe and Lebron you're looking at 12 nba titles and so much success that it's stifling. I thought the uber athletic Kackson represented over of those players. We have Willy G-- he can develop into a great 5 man. It's not like they had to prove anything about kp-- but rather balancing out the Knicks and putting in place a player who can be that type of player.
I guess well find out
I'd grade him a C

Oh look, Briggs figured out a way to create a new thread about not trading KP for Jackson, which according to him would be a bad trade for Boston or Phoenix.

AUTOADVERT
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
6/26/2017  10:52 PM
Does it matter who put it out there? The point is Phil is doing harm to his position of wanting to move Melo. Phil could be headed for a Larry Brown like season if things go south.
Bring back dee-fense
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/27/2017  9:27 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I don't kill him for our record
We just weren't going to be a great or even good team
His best move? I think picking Willy G at 36 by using a trade
And sticking with KP at pick 4. I also believe our draft this year will yield success and agree with all 3 picks win lose or draw. Do not think the big men Udfas are nba players
Trades? Ah should've got better for Chandler but I'm not bitching about it.
Worst moves? Well I guess the obvious is Noah. Noah was like buying a falling stock though every indicator out there said stay away. I will personally say the worst move was not executing the trade with Boston to acquire Jackson. From Mj to Kobe and Lebron you're looking at 12 nba titles and so much success that it's stifling. I thought the uber athletic Kackson represented over of those players. We have Willy G-- he can develop into a great 5 man. It's not like they had to prove anything about kp-- but rather balancing out the Knicks and putting in place a player who can be that type of player.
I guess well find out
I'd grade him a C

Its tough to fault him to much because of what the previous regime did, they handcuffed his ability to build through the draft.When you have no young assets, and no picks your pretty much screwed from the start. By far the Noah signing was the dumbest move he made. I thought they were clearly playing time for Porzingis and Willy at center when they traded Lopez. Should of used that money on a wing instead

The dumbest move he made was to believe he could change Melo and make him play team ball within the context of the offense instead of standing around, pounding the clock away and chucking contested off balance shots. That more than anything had defined his overall performance to date. He should have cut MElo loose then and moved into full rebuild mode instead of wasting time on this ungrateful scumbag. Just not having that jerk on the team would have paid for itself by now. Phil's failure to do that remains his biggest blooper to date.

DadMelo showed up. Melo went back into IsoMelo mode.

maybe the fact that primarily everyone around him shot under 42%, pretty Tough to trust players who can't shoot.

except that isn't true. And maybe if DadMelo showed up, the shooting around him would have been better.

they shoot the same weather he's on the floor or not..lol, half the roster are career poor shooters.

it doesn't help either that we are mid range shooting team, a historical low pct shot

We shouldn't be shooting so many mid-range shots, true. That especially includes Melo. For the sake of accuracy, virtually everyone around Melo shot better not worse than he did.
Phil has done some good and some bad

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy