[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The future is not bright with Uncle Phil
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

6/25/2017  1:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2017  1:07 PM
Had to respond to someone saying the future is bright with Phil. Huh. What exactly do we have at the start of his 4th year?

Oh yeah, another rebuild! 4th one in 4 Years! KP on the brink of an exit? Nitty with as much chance to just be a role player as any other "Prospect" in the top 40. Willy good but not any type of difference maker. Oh but wait, the Knick fan base that passes with 2 hands, cant touch a backboard and think modern day basketball means playing a bunch of role guys with tight shorts in the 70's who form an abovious antiquated Triangle shape on the basketball court. Ah..the good ole days. In case anyone has noticed, Athletes that can score from all parts of the court are the ones winning chips. Not a bunch of guys "Playing the right way" with chest passes and high percentage shot making. Sorry old guys who have a million stories on how you use to rock the black top. The guys winning chips are the very same ones Phil just passed on in the draft. Great. Lets hope he keeps adding guys that resemble the guy at the Y who is a real good team player. Chip here we come. And what is all this talk about the culture and "Right " type of players that he has brought here? Which players? Hard to say as he has brought so many over the last three years! You mean Rose? AA? Noah? Grant? Early? Lou? KP that skipped the exit meeting? Oh ****...forgot...SASHA!! Truth is, we have a bunch of role players that are not good enough to warm up a bench for any other contender. Yeah the future is bright, with all the shine every Phil lover is seeing. Phil is the one that needs to go! 5 years will go by with nothing to show and many will still be saying how good the future looks. DO hope we trade Melo and KP. GIving them a chance to play for a real organazation and so that we get back decent assets for when Phil leaves and before he devalues KP as he did with Melo.

The guy is the worst NBA executive in the league. Does not know how to handle people (Pretty important to convince guys to play here and mange people as a President of a company). People do realize he is not the coach right? Has an old system that he makes all decisions around. And likes to reset and scrap everything when he realizes he has made mistakes. Kinda of tough to build anything with that mentality. Until everyone wakes up, including our fat useless owner, and fires this guy and gets a young mind that is willing to work 24/7 365, and is in the 21st century, we are doomed. BTW, you know when the future was bright? When we WON FUCKIN 54 GAMES!!! Only shot we have is that Altice buys out MSG and fires that little bastard.

Okay, Rant over. Was trying to compete with SAS. Now go KNICKS!! Yay!! I will never mention anything else about Phil (Until next Phil thread)
Oh yes, and God please bring us back Jeremy Lin.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/25/2017  1:09 PM
Give it a rest. A rebuild doesn't last 1 year. We been ****ed up longer than the 3 years Phil has been here. You want to fix 15 years of bull**** in one year? Cut the bull****. Like you had out so good as a Knicks fan. 15 years yet you want Phil to do what Layden, Isiah, Walsh, Grunwald couldn't do.

No matter what we need to rebuild through the draft no matter who is here. Why pay Phil and a new guy? Just pay Phil and in 2 years we reevaluate.... until then shhhhhh

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Sinix
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7495

6/25/2017  1:12 PM
Didn't read past the first line. What do we have with Phil to justify the future being bright? Try all our future draft picks and good young talent drafted over the past few seasons. That's literally all he's had to do to do a passable job and he's done it. Everything else is window dressing.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/25/2017  1:38 PM
Phil kept our draft picks! That definition qualifies like 98% of the league's GMs as successful.
Sinix
Member: #7495

6/25/2017  1:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2017  1:44 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Phil kept our draft picks! That definition qualifies like 98% of the league's GMs as successful.

Not as common as you'd think. Surely doesn't qualify Danny Ainge.

Not to mention, as simple as it is, it's true. Look how hopeless the Nets are because they are in a rebuilding situation without draft picks. You should remember how hopeless we were without draft picks in what should of been rebuilding situations for so long.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/25/2017  1:55 PM
EnySpree wrote:Give it a rest. A rebuild doesn't last 1 year. We been ****ed up longer than the 3 years Phil has been here. You want to fix 15 years of bull**** in one year? Cut the bull****. Like you had out so good as a Knicks fan. 15 years yet you want Phil to do what Layden, Isiah, Walsh, Grunwald couldn't do.

No matter what we need to rebuild through the draft no matter who is here. Why pay Phil and a new guy? Just pay Phil and in 2 years we reevaluate.... until then shhhhhh

I have 2 main problems with Phil which in my opinion warrant firing him.

First, he has misjudged talent and our roster horribly.

Phil Jackson says the #Knicks' free agents, "in addition to our rookies ... will make for a very competitive team this coming year."

https://dailyknicks.com/2015/07/09/phil-jackson-expects-knicks-to-be-competitive-in-2015-16/

He made big moves last summer to compete - trading Noah for Derrick Rose, signing Noah & Lee to big money.

Results?

Are we keeping Rose?

Will Noah play in as many games in his 4 years with us as Lopez did last year with Chicago?

I appreciate he did ok with Willy & KP, though credit may belong elsewhere.

The fact is he has struggled to judge our roster, what he might be able to accomplish, and how to bring players in.

Second, his insistence on running the triangle, force feeding it on our roster and Hornecek (yes, he knew it was expected, doesn't make it right) is stupid. I get he wants to build a culture, and a team based on playing a system vs. 1 on 1 moves. Fine. Let Jeff do his thing, and support him. Don't think Jeff is the guy, get someone else.

His approach is wrong. His eye is wrong.

If you want to argue that he had to burn through three years pretending to put a competitive team out there for Dolan's sake, for him to relent and allow a true rebuild - then Phil shouldn't have taken the job.

And I don't believe you.

Not trading first round picks is not an accomplishment. My dog could have done that.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/25/2017  2:24 PM
Phil is FAR from perfect but he's also done some good things. The fact that it hasn't manifested itself in wins is why people complain, but really this had to happen. FINALLY this team is rebuilding and that can't be denied any longer. Phil is finally FREE to build the kind of team he really wants rather than having to cater to Melo's timeline at the same time. If Phil had all of his picks from the jump he may not have resigned Melo, but since he didn't it was only logical to retain Melo.

Now Phil can go full throttle with adding the kind of players he needs to play TEAM BALL. This is what he really wanted and now he's finally getting to do it full bore. So SALTY ASS fans can hate on Phil, but he's gonna just keep doing what he knows to be right.

knicks1248
Member: #582
6/25/2017  2:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2017  2:51 PM
The minute some of you can wake up and realize the phil the coach is not the same as phil the president, you will come to grips that it's night, night for grand pa.

Phil is not serious about this job, this is something for him to do to stay some what relevant, some thing to do when he wakes up in the morning at 72 yrs old. Ask yourself what 72 yr old man would want this kind of pressure and scrutiny everyday. ONE WITH A MASSIVE EGO

Then you have a Bitch-ass reporter (charlie Rosen) who sounds more like his mother (My Son can do no wrong, it's their fault, not my phillsy) who's the mouthpiece of the president

Phil didn't go to the combine because he had no interest in college players, or AAU players, as if those aren't the players winning rings. I'm not say it's a bad IDEA, but you need a balance roster, not a bunch of finesse players who shy from contact..

ES
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/25/2017  2:50 PM
nixluva wrote:Phil is FAR from perfect but he's also done some good things. The fact that it hasn't manifested itself in wins is why people complain, but really this had to happen. FINALLY this team is rebuilding and that can't be denied any longer. Phil is finally FREE to build the kind of team he really wants rather than having to cater to Melo's timeline at the same time. If Phil had all of his picks from the jump he may not have resigned Melo, but since he didn't it was only logical to retain Melo.

Now Phil can go full throttle with adding the kind of players he needs to play TEAM BALL. This is what he really wanted and now he's finally getting to do it full bore. So SALTY ASS fans can hate on Phil, but he's gonna just keep doing what he knows to be right.

Finally free? Let phil and Dolan tell it, phil had carte blanche the moment he agreed to take over. He could have began the rebuild in yr 1 by securing some picks while shipping off Tyson, Raymond, JR, and Shump. Phil handcuffed himself by handing over that NTC...A full rebuild should have been number one on the agenda the moment the ink was dry when he signed that contract...We should be further along in the process today.

nixluva
USA
6/25/2017  2:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:The minute some of you can wake up and realize the phil the coach is not the same as phil the president, you will come to grips that it's night, night for grand pa.

Phil is not serious about this job, this is something for him to do to stay some what relevant, some thing to do when he wakes up in the morning at 72 yrs old. Ask yourself what 72 yr old man would want this kind of pressure and scrutiny everyday. ONE WITH A MASSIVE EGO

Then you have a Bitch-ass reporter (charlie Rosen) who sounds more like his mother (My Son can do no wrong, it's their fault, not my phillsy) who's the mouthpiece of the president

Phil didn't go to the combine because he had no interest in college players, or AAU players, as if those aren't the players winning rings. I'm not say it's a bad IDEA, but you need a balance roster, not a bunch of finesse players who shy from contact..

This is just not a serious take. Phil and his staff worked very hard to prepare for this draft season. They identified the kind of players they wanted and came away with exactly those kind of players they felt they needed. That's good work!!!

Sure this draft didn't include any SEXY names. Heck I wanted Monk but I also understand that Phil drafted EXACTLY the kind of players he said he was looking for. Team Players. On Ball Defense. High IQ players. Skilled players.

nixluva
USA
6/25/2017  3:03 PM
Uptown wrote:
nixluva wrote:Phil is FAR from perfect but he's also done some good things. The fact that it hasn't manifested itself in wins is why people complain, but really this had to happen. FINALLY this team is rebuilding and that can't be denied any longer. Phil is finally FREE to build the kind of team he really wants rather than having to cater to Melo's timeline at the same time. If Phil had all of his picks from the jump he may not have resigned Melo, but since he didn't it was only logical to retain Melo.

Finally free? Let phil and Dolan tell it, phil had carte blanche the moment he agreed to take over. He could have began the rebuild in yr 1 by securing some picks while shipping off Tyson, Raymond, JR, and Shump. Phil handcuffed himself by handing over that NTC...A full rebuild should have been number one on the agenda the moment the ink was dry when he signed that contract...We should be further along in the process today.

STOP!!! This is some BS!!! No way he starts off with letting Melo walk for nothing and hoping he could get some picks for our role players coming off a 37 win season!!! This is just not serious.

In any event Phil has managed to start the rebuild anyway. There's gonna be a LOT of new young faces next season.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/25/2017  3:19 PM
Hindsight brilliance.

Let melo walk for nothing. inept. Keep him, same thing.
Win now without giving up future is what Phil tried to do. do it better meant give up picks and end up in nowhere land for a while.
Try to win now with Monk or Smith, might be the same. MIGHT.
Go long with young guys, haters still hate.

No middle ground with you hater guys. You buying it and love it.
Nobody is happy, but fire phil gives you what instead? Conceptual hope. Nothing more.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/25/2017  3:23 PM
Phil isn't the future though. He will be gone in 2 summers.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/25/2017  3:46 PM
All front offices have missteps.

Masi Ujiri overpaid Carroll. Haven't really hit on his draft picks. Yet is able to win because of players on his roster before he got there like Derozen, Lowry, Valanciunas. And he wanted to trade Lowry for a future draft pick before Lowry took off as a star. Lowry may walk as a FA.

Cuban overpaid Parsons, Matthews, Barnes traded away all their draft picks over the years and are on the decline missing playoffs this past year with Dirk declining rapidly not able to save them.

You could probably find a way to **** on every executive in the NBA except the Warriors.

At the end of the day the Knicks have cap flexibility, 3 nice prospects in KP, Willy, Frank and all their draft picks going forward. Need another blue chip prospect and a solid role player to add to that going into the 2018-2019 season(season after next). In the meantime watch KP, Willy take another step forward and Frank get accustomed to the league. Hopefully have some pleasant surprises like Dotson become a real contributor core role player.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
HofstraBBall

6/25/2017  3:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2017  4:25 PM
EnySpree wrote:Give it a rest. A rebuild doesn't last 1 year. We been ****ed up longer than the 3 years Phil has been here. You want to fix 15 years of bull**** in one year? Cut the bull****. Like you had out so good as a Knicks fan. 15 years yet you want Phil to do what Layden, Isiah, Walsh, Grunwald couldn't do.

Whats up Cindy. Havent heard from you since your thread about how we are so close to being the "Trans Euro Express". So your okay with the idea that we will eventually become the "Euro" team that gets their asses kicked by every "Talent" team out there. Just like the Euro teams do in the Olympics? Got it. And its not ONE year. We are in the 4th. Your right though, 15 years of bull**** is rough to get out of in just one year (3 or 5 if its Uncle Phil) and the only way to resolve it is to get rid of the cause...Dolan. But also the old 70 year old man he brought in to take us to the future. Hard to say if he will may it to the day after tomorrow.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

6/25/2017  4:07 PM
Sinix wrote:Didn't read past the first line. What do we have with Phil to justify the future being bright? Try all our future draft picks and good young talent drafted over the past few seasons. That's literally all he's had to do to do a passable job and he's done it. Everything else is window dressing.

I think you got me. I am on the verge of changing my position. "Good Young Talent"? Please go on. You dont mean KP? As you may have seen the small slice of news on his affection for Phil lately? Which leads to believe he will not be around once he has the chance to escape. And BTW. that was Gaines pick. Phil wanted a slow center that could post up like him in OK4. No worries, he got his man in Noah. Or do you mean Willy? The futute is saved. The guy with Timofey Mosgov type ceiling will save the future. Who btw, will want to stick around after the way they treated his brother KP. Or maybe is this home grown cant miss Frank guy everyone is talking positive about. He is probably the next MJ or....maybe the next Grant 2.0. But your right, lets bet the house on the future. Or are you perhaps talking about young guys like Early, and Grant. Oh wait those were his previous years picks that are checking people out at Walmart now. Or maybe inherited young assets like TH Jr. or Shump. Oh wait he got rid of those guys for major returns. Or is it the one step in D league stars like Baker or Randle?

Fact of the matter is that I will be rooting for this piece of **** franchise the rest of my life. I am hoping that people wake the **** up and finally fire Phil and that Dolan falls of the face of the earth, freeing my team.

HofstraBBall

6/25/2017  4:08 PM
Sinix wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Phil kept our draft picks! That definition qualifies like 98% of the league's GMs as successful.

Not as common as you'd think. Surely doesn't qualify Danny Ainge.

Not to mention, as simple as it is, it's true. Look how hopeless the Nets are because they are in a rebuilding situation without draft picks. You should remember how hopeless we were without draft picks in what should of been rebuilding situations for so long.

You have me here!! The Nets are far worse. Anyone dumb enough to sign Jeremy Lin to a contract and give him the 1st string PG position has to be on crack.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/25/2017  4:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2017  4:11 PM
Nalod wrote:Hindsight brilliance.

Win now without giving up future is what Phil tried to do. do it better meant give up picks and end up in nowhere land for a while.

Nobody is happy, but fire phil gives you what instead? Conceptual hope. Nothing more.

Hater guys? So, identifying phils documented misteps since he took over is being a hater? Sounds like something a teenager would say when you disagree with them...So if I praised everything phil did, and ignored his record and obvious blunders, would that make me more of a fan? I'm only speaking for myself, BTW.

Your post has no middle ground and you are exaggerating the facts. Some fans were ready for a complete rebuild and some thought that's what phil would do especially since He was the one that called this roster clumsy from afar before taking over. He was the one that promised of a culture change and yet, the circus is still here. Even if he didn't want to let Melo walk, why handcuff the franchise by giving him the NTC? That was asinine.

With that said, KP was an excellent pick and its his saving grace. He def gets credit for that. I think KP was wrong and unprofessional for skipping the exit meeting...(See I can praise phil).

BTW, How do you win now with a rookie? Smith or Frank would need time to develop either way....

HofstraBBall

6/25/2017  4:12 PM

GTFOH with the Salty Ass Fans ****. What you dont get is that we are the REAL fans! We are the ones paying lots of money for season tickets. We are the ones tired of idiots pulling the wool over the eyes of the organazation. So say what you want about what you think about Phil but cut the **** about you being a real fan becasue you dont recognize getting slammed by a guy who's ego is bigger than Dolan stupidity.

HofstraBBall

6/25/2017  4:20 PM
Nalod wrote:Hindsight brilliance.

You just gave example of what a complete idiot would do if he was President? Did Phil do all that? NO
But your telling me your expectations of the GREAT Phil Jackson was that he would not totally **** things up? Have a couple of good players in three years? Have everyone in the NBA laughing at us? Sign broken down cripples to long or high cap numbers? So just only **** things up half the way?

Come on man. 4 years in and he has not kept most of his draft picks or ones we had(Alienating himself from his one sole bright star),has not accumilated young palyers (Except for Lee) and has not made this franchise anymore respected. Until us fans wake up, Dolan will keep giving us the **** we deserve.

The future is not bright with Uncle Phil

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy