[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Positioning for D. Cousin!!!
Author Thread
rickyd
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7499

6/24/2017  12:55 PM
Just in case the N.O. experiment doesn't work. The Knicks should position itself to try to get Cousin. Not sure if we can get him without trading KP but if we did I would be in favor of it. Cousin would anchor the offense, defense and would work well in the triangle. I have mix feeling for sometime about KP and Cousin playing together. Just now sure!!! KP and Davis could work better, I think.

** As for trading KP in the first place. I wasn't so keen on that but after I thought about it. It wasn't a bad idea if we could have gotten the #3(Phoenix) and drafted Issac. That right, Issac not Tatum or Jackson whoever else some had talk about. Then draft Frenchy with the #8. This would give us a team of Cousin at the 5, Issac at the 4 or3 and Frenchy at the PG in the near future.

***OF COURSE THIS IMO!!!

AUTOADVERT
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
6/24/2017  1:04 PM
What makes you think Phil would EVER trade for Cousins?

We have a better chance of winning the chip next year than this to happen.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
rickyd

6/24/2017  1:34 PM
Both should be what we stride for don't you think("We have a better chance of winning the chip next year than this to happen"). The latter could be the means to the prior!! You poses an interesting question about Phil that obviously you haven't thought about. Maybe you forgot about Shaq and Phil(triangle). These are things that most ppl forget about until it bought to their attention.
Welpee
Member: #6239

6/24/2017  4:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2017  4:04 PM
So Phil gets bent out of shape over KP missing the exit meeting, but he'll be willing to bring on Cousins? No way.
Clean
Member: #743
6/24/2017  4:09 PM
Can't have Phil's and Cousins ego on the same team. It will never work.
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/24/2017  4:22 PM
lol ok there it is

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd8wjpq4

dacash
Member: #1179

6/24/2017  4:23 PM
oh crap my bad wrong guy

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybf8xujc

same thing though lol

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
6/24/2017  5:20 PM
Boogy in NY is actual Boogy-Boogy!!!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/24/2017  6:39 PM
rickyd wrote:Just in case the N.O. experiment doesn't work. The Knicks should position itself to try to get Cousin. Not sure if we can get him without trading KP but if we did I would be in favor of it. Cousin would anchor the offense, defense and would work well in the triangle. I have mix feeling for sometime about KP and Cousin playing together. Just now sure!!! KP and Davis could work better, I think.

** As for trading KP in the first place. I wasn't so keen on that but after I thought about it. It wasn't a bad idea if we could have gotten the #3(Phoenix) and drafted Issac. That right, Issac not Tatum or Jackson whoever else some had talk about. Then draft Frenchy with the #8. This would give us a team of Cousin at the 5, Issac at the 4 or3 and Frenchy at the PG in the near future.

***OF COURSE THIS IMO!!!

Unless its Cousins for Noah I want no part of him

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
rickyd

6/24/2017  7:31 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
rickyd wrote:Just in case the N.O. experiment doesn't work. The Knicks should position itself to try to get Cousin. Not sure if we can get him without trading KP but if we did I would be in favor of it. Cousin would anchor the offense, defense and would work well in the triangle. I have mix feeling for sometime about KP and Cousin playing together. Just now sure!!! KP and Davis could work better, I think.

***OF COURSE THIS IMO!!!

Honestly would you trade Cousins for Noah?? Of course not so why would you expect N.O. to do so? Just don't make a statement like that and leave it there. You have no answer for KP issue and no answer to what needs to be done to solve it. What is you beef with Cousins?? You don't want any part of best center in the NBA??

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
6/24/2017  7:47 PM
rickyd wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

***OF COURSE THIS IMO!!!

Honestly would you trade Cousins for Noah?? Of course not so why would you expect N.O. to do so? Just don't make a statement like that and leave it there. You have no answer for KP issue and no answer to what needs to be done to solve it. What is you beef with Cousins?? You don't want any part of best center in the NBA??

I don't think he meant that as a serious trade proposal. He's basically saying he wants to stay a million miles away from D Cousins. I agree with him.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/24/2017  8:06 PM
There was a time when I was all for that idea, but if Phil is having problems with KP, I can only imagine what would happen with Cousins and the Triangle.
Sinix
Member: #7495

6/24/2017  8:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2017  8:18 PM
Boogie is a top 10 player in the NBA and young. He has MVP potential. You can say that about only maybe 6-7 players. Pair him up and let Phil make him the next Shaq!

Shaq really took his career to the next level at the same age Boogie is at too right? Let's pitch him that we'll surround him with defensive players and shooters. KP and Cousins is a better fit than AD and Cousins. Let's hope Frank works out so we have a young guard who can protect the ball and perimeter. That's a huge step in maximizing our front court.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

6/24/2017  10:19 PM
Sinix wrote:Boogie is a top 10 player in the NBA and young. He has MVP potential. You can say that about only maybe 6-7 players. Pair him up and let Phil make him the next Shaq!

Shaq really took his career to the next level at the same age Boogie is at too right? Let's pitch him that we'll surround him with defensive players and shooters. KP and Cousins is a better fit than AD and Cousins. Let's hope Frank works out so we have a young guard who can protect the ball and perimeter. That's a huge step in maximizing our front court.

How would you surround him with no assets?

Zinger alone would not garner Cousins in a deal. It would take Zinger, Ntilikina and future first round picks. Zinger is a PF. He might be a C one day, but maybe not. Anthony Davis is a PF. The Knicks would have a logjam of Cousins, Noah, Hernangomez and O'Quinn and no assets to put anything around them.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/24/2017  10:49 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Sinix wrote:Boogie is a top 10 player in the NBA and young. He has MVP potential. You can say that about only maybe 6-7 players. Pair him up and let Phil make him the next Shaq!

Zinger alone would not garner Cousins in a deal. It would take Zinger, Ntilikina and future first round picks. Zinger is a PF. He might be a C one day, but maybe not. Anthony Davis is a PF. The Knicks would have a logjam of Cousins, Noah, Hernangomez and O'Quinn and no assets to put anything around them.

Cousins didn't get the Kings much at all.
Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway and its 2017 first-round and second-round pick to Sacramento.
You are talking about giving up a lot more than what his actual market value was just last February.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/24/2017  10:50 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
rickyd wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

***OF COURSE THIS IMO!!!

I don't think he meant that as a serious trade proposal. He's basically saying he wants to stay a million miles away from D Cousins. I agree with him.

Yeah thats what I meant, thanks for translating

Cousins is the Center version of Melo, ridiculously high usage, just another inefficient volume scorer. Need to get out of that cycle

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Kemet
Member: #6148

6/24/2017  10:56 PM
Pelicans need their old head-coach back to win with Davis n Cousin .. the coach the Pelicans have has been a small-ball lineup coach who assisted Dantoni and Kerr on the uptempo SSOL.
If head coach Alvin Gentry do not hire any of the big men coaches available in the offseason the Pelicans twin-towers will become a flop and all the BLAME will go on Cousins.
Trading PG Tim Frazier to the Wizards on draft night was STUPID on the Pelicans GM n coach.
Sinix
Member: #7495

6/25/2017  6:16 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

Cousins is going to be a FA. You don't give up anything to get him. Knicks have a ton of assets right now. Thank Phil Jackson for not caving into crazy fans and sports media.

Positioning for D. Cousin!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy