[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summer League Begins Next Saturday (7/1)
Author Thread
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

7/2/2017  1:56 PM
Uptown wrote:And for those who are unable to watch, Knicks have run some triangle...Offense too predictable and standard when they run it...Started off the game with that corner entry pass of the triangle and it got stolen by Kennard...With Artist and Dotson in thegame at the same time, Knicks need to spread the offense to open up the paint as its too crowded in there a times....

I noticed this, too. I really haven't seen that much on the ball pick and rolls. I'm surprised by this. You would think Horny would have incorporated this already.

AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/2/2017  2:00 PM
Clearly the Knicks were listening to me as they came out in the 2nd half with a more spread offense....
Uptown

7/2/2017  2:03 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Uptown wrote:And for those who are unable to watch, Knicks have run some triangle...Offense too predictable and standard when they run it...Started off the game with that corner entry pass of the triangle and it got stolen by Kennard...With Artist and Dotson in thegame at the same time, Knicks need to spread the offense to open up the paint as its too crowded in there a times....

I noticed this, too. I really haven't seen that much on the ball pick and rolls. I'm surprised by this. You would think Horny would have incorporated this already.

That was one of the reasons Randle struggled handling the ball in game one...No one came up to set a pick to help him out...Still no excuse, as an NBA player, you still shouldnt be getting ripped as soon as you cross half court...

Also, I believe the Knicks had already began practicing for summer league play when phil was fired...I would expect more adjustments to the offense once training camp begins in in October...Jeff will have more time..

Uptown

7/2/2017  2:04 PM
Knicks ran a 1-4 set....okay, nice change up...
Uptown

7/2/2017  2:07 PM
Knicks need to take a page out of the Pistons playbook...Pistons are running down screens for Kennard and michael gbinije...they are getting wide open looks from 3...We need to run these plays for Dotson who has shown to be an excellent shooter in this game...
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/2/2017  2:21 PM
Is that score correct, were down by 30 in summer league..smh..our young core..lol
ES
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/2/2017  2:45 PM
No defense was the problem. Pistons got open threes all game. Dotson though looks like a keeper. He should make the roster or at least get one of the dual contracts and then sent to the g league. I think in two years, Dostson will be the still of the draft from the second round (other than mason).
Trust the Process
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/2/2017  2:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Is that score correct, were down by 30 in summer league..smh..our young core..lol
Which players that please this game do you consider our core?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/2/2017  2:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2017  2:58 PM

Was only able to see the first quarter.

I don't know what Hornacek was thinking in starting Plummele, Laybrie, Barry, Doston, Randle truthfully. Even the first game when they named this the starting lineup I was surprised. That lineup doesn't mesh with any style your gonna try to run. Laybrie has horrible hands and fumbles so many passes. Neither he or Plum are known for their offensive skill. And Randle isn't a ball handling creating pass first PG to get them easy looks.

So we either pass the ball to the high post to non skilled big men with bad hands, no handle, and no real threat to operate any real offense from that spot. Which if they did have skill then Randle, Dotson would be able to eat off the looks they create for them. Or we lack any spacing to spread the ball out with PNR since neither can really shoot and our PG Randle isn't a real PG.

If we are to run any form of success triangle in the Summer league then we need more skilled forwards then what we are putting out on the floor. But we didn't really collect any skilled forwards for the summer league. We have guards and bigs.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/2/2017  3:01 PM
Andrew wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Is that score correct, were down by 30 in summer league..smh..our young core..lol
Which players that please this game do you consider our core?

Didn't know Willy Gomez, Porzingis,, Ntilikina and Baker were all playing out there with Dotson.

The only player out there that I think could be part of a top 9 rotation on the Knicks is Dotson. IF he works on his defense and is able to keep shooting the open looks with confidence. You can tell he has the jumpshot and that he can score it.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/2/2017  3:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2017  3:07 PM
I think what we are seeing is that the team is running similar to what we saw last season before the all-star break. Which is an emphasis on speed, pushing the ball up the court, and when you can't do that, you settle into a Triangle. It'll be a mix of both. After the all-star break, I think we went very low on the other stuff and much more into the Triangle.

Hornachek shouldn't completely abandon the Triangle. The Knicks were able to score 106 a game before the all-star break with the mix of the secondary breaks, pick and rolls and Triangle. No reason to abandon someting Horny knows how to use. We have a young core of players that fit into that with Gomez, Porzingis, Ntilikina, Baker. What we need is to improve the defense, and get more defensively skilled players.

This Summer league roster we have right now without Ntilikina, may not have one top 9 rotation player on it. I wouldn't judge anything about an offense on this. I think the only guy that may be able to break a 9 man rotation one day in the NBA is Dotson.

Uptown

7/2/2017  3:15 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Was only able to see the first quarter.

I don't know what Hornacek was thinking in starting Plummele, Laybrie, Barry, Doston, Randle truthfully. Even the first game when they named this the starting lineup I was surprised. That lineup doesn't mesh with any style your gonna try to run. Laybrie has horrible hands and fumbles so many passes. Neither he or Plum are known for their offensive skill. And Randle isn't a ball handling creating pass first PG to get them easy looks.

So we either pass the ball to the high post to non skilled big men with bad hands, no handle, and no real threat to operate any real offense from that spot. Which if they did have skill then Randle, Dotson would be able to eat off the looks they create for them. Or we lack any spacing to spread the ball out with PNR since neither can really shoot and our PG Randle isn't a real PG.

If we are to run any form of success triangle in the Summer league then we need more skilled forwards then what we are putting out on the floor. But we didn't really collect any skilled forwards for the summer league. We have guards and bigs.

Good points...Neither Plumlee or Laybrie appear to be ready to play in the NBA on a consistant level and neither should take away a roster spot from a player that could...Neither of them offered any type of defensive resistance in the paint and this was against rooks and second yr players.

Save for a few 3's , Randle looks awful. He's clearly not pg, and at 6'1 he's too small to play the 2 so, I'm not sure what his roe would be...I would take Kat Barber over him if he;s cut by the Mavs...

Dotson looked good and would look even better if he played with a drive and kick pg and or in a spread offense that features some high PNR...Artist looks like a player that should get an invite to training camp this fall. No one else on the roster looked like NBA players to me...

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/2/2017  3:30 PM
Uptown wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Dotson looks like a player--has the ability to lock down defenders and a great shooter.

Team looks horrible so far.

agreed...Plumlee, Barry, Louis, Kornell have taken a stop back today...Kornel finding it difficult to shake free for open looks. Barry looks like a G leauger thus far and Plumlee getting overwhelmed in the paint. Louis needs to get stronger as he's getting pushed around in the paint...Still got another half to play...

uptown none of these guys are NBA players

RIP Crushalot😞
Uptown

7/2/2017  4:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2017  4:49 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Uptown wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Dotson looks like a player--has the ability to lock down defenders and a great shooter.

Team looks horrible so far.

agreed...Plumlee, Barry, Louis, Kornell have taken a stop back today...Kornel finding it difficult to shake free for open looks. Barry looks like a G leauger thus far and Plumlee getting overwhelmed in the paint. Louis needs to get stronger as he's getting pushed around in the paint...Still got another half to play...

uptown none of these guys are NBA players

I know...I was just providing some live updates for those unable to watch...

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/2/2017  4:56 PM
Unable to see the game today...

Thankfully.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Ira
Member: #91
7/2/2017  6:52 PM
Has anyone found a link to the Knicks/Pistons box score? Please post it if you can.
reub
Member: #6227

7/2/2017  7:00 PM
Just because the team hasn't played well doesn't mean that the summer league is a waste. Louis Labeyrie looks a genuine NBA player. Dotson also has looked very good. I like Kornet although he wasn't used correctly in this game as he got almost no pick and pops from the 3 point line today. Randle has been bad but he's demonstrating a killer 3 pt shot at least. He was 5 for 10 today on threes so there's hope.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/2/2017  7:20 PM
Ira wrote:Has anyone found a link to the Knicks/Pistons box score? Please post it if you can.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/magic/2017_sl_d2g1.pdf

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
7/2/2017  7:21 PM
Randle looks awful. Def not a nba pg.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/2/2017  7:41 PM
How did Pierre Jackson look?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Summer League Begins Next Saturday (7/1)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy