[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summer League Begins Next Saturday (7/1)
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/1/2017  3:50 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Kornet can make 3's so we should keep him!

Just made a nice stop as well.

AUTOADVERT
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

7/1/2017  3:56 PM
I'm probably the biggest Randle fan out there, but he has mightily struggled with his handle under pressure in this game. It's quite shocking.
GustavBahler

7/1/2017  3:58 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I'm probably the biggest Randle fan out there, but he has mightily struggled with his handle under pressure in this game. It's quite shocking.

Made some bad decisions, gave up on a play to argue with refs. You know the coaching staff didnt like that.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/1/2017  3:59 PM
Greg Anthony gave a good analysis of what Randle is doing wrong. If the defense is playing you tight and address, you can't just try to out dribble them at the top of the key. You got to attack and keep them on your hip. Randle has to work on his handle this summer.
Trust the Process
SocraticBallin22

7/1/2017  4:00 PM
TheGame wrote:Greg Anthony gave a good analysis of what Randle is doing wrong. If the defense is playing you tight and address, you can't just try to out dribble them at the top of the key. You got to attack and keep them on your hip. Randle has to work on his handle this summer.

For a player who is supposed to be cerebral and have a high b-ball IQ, you would think he knows that

GustavBahler

7/1/2017  4:02 PM
Baker interview at the half, not playing.
JesseDark
Member: #467
7/1/2017  4:05 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
TheGame wrote:Greg Anthony gave a good analysis of what Randle is doing wrong. If the defense is playing you tight and address, you can't just try to out dribble them at the top of the key. You got to attack and keep them on your hip. Randle has to work on his handle this summer.

For a player who is supposed to be cerebral and have a high b-ball IQ, you would think he knows that

Yeah, makes you wonder what we saw in Randle last year. That Dallas point guard was in his head.

Bring back dee-fense
GustavBahler

7/1/2017  4:07 PM
Said Phil was a great mentor. Says he has to keep it simple, become a better shooter.
SocraticBallin22

7/1/2017  4:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2017  4:10 PM
Halftime Analysis:

1) Plum looked great in the 1st half. Strong D, picks, boarding and showing a low post game. He makes team and should compete for 3rd string C.

2) Kornet has a sweet stroke for a 7 footer--fluid. He can really stretch a D. Intrigues me. 3-3 from downtown.

3) Randle showed a sketchy handle and got taken out of his game by ball pressure. Concerning.

4) French kid Louie is tough and has a mid range jump shot now. Has been working on that.

5) Jaramaz looks tough and surprisingly was hitting his outside shot which is the knock on him

6) Hayes showed nothing so far. Dotson has no handle. Rathan-Mayes ran the show better than Randle.

SocraticBallin22

7/1/2017  4:08 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Said Phil was a great mentor. Says he has to keep it simple, become a better shooter.

Ron is a classy guy and well spoken. Love his demeanor. Hope he grows with our young core.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2017  4:32 PM
I have only watched about 5 minutes but Barry seems like a scrapper.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2017  4:35 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Halftime Analysis:

1) Plum looked great in the 1st half. Strong D, picks, boarding and showing a low post game. He makes team and should compete for 3rd string C.

2) Kornet has a sweet stroke for a 7 footer--fluid. He can really stretch a D. Intrigues me. 3-3 from downtown.

3) Randle showed a sketchy handle and got taken out of his game by ball pressure. Concerning.

4) French kid Louie is tough and has a mid range jump shot now. Has been working on that.

5) Jaramaz looks tough and surprisingly was hitting his outside shot which is the knock on him

6) Hayes showed nothing so far. Dotson has no handle. Rathan-Mayes ran the show better than Randle.

I missed the first half. Thanks for the summary.
GustavBahler

7/1/2017  4:56 PM
One concern with Kornet is that I didnt see a back to the basket game. Might have missed it though. Kornet was up against a smaller defender in the paint with his back to the basket, and didnt make a play. I like the idea of another 7fter who can shoot. KP/Kornet backcourt! That would be funny. But we need bigs who can play in the paint as well. He is active on D though, keeps his feet moving.
SocraticBallin22

7/1/2017  5:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2017  5:10 PM
Dotson is definitely a 3 and D prospect who could fight for a rotation spot this year. He has infinite range on his J and is a good athlete with a NBA ready body who gets at it on D. I like this pick.

Also, Labeyrie has worked on his outside shot and may warrant a roster spot.

Kornet should def be one of our 2 way players in the G league.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/1/2017  5:25 PM
Thanks to all who gave scouting reports! . I'm saying on the road so it's good to read some info on the Prospects.
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2017  5:42 PM
nixluva wrote:Thanks to all who gave scouting reports! . I'm saying on the road so it's good to read some info on the Prospects.

I think msg is showing it again at 8 tonight b

fwk00
Member: #6048

7/1/2017  5:44 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Dotson is definitely a 3 and D prospect who could fight for a rotation spot this year. He has infinite range on his J and is a good athlete with a NBA ready body who gets at it on D. I like this pick.

Also, Labeyrie has worked on his outside shot and may warrant a roster spot.

Kornet should def be one of our 2 way players in the G league.

Kornet already is signed to a 16/17 spot

fwk00
Member: #6048

7/1/2017  5:50 PM
Randle may have played his way out.

Rathan-Mayes looked good.

Jarz was an epiphany - belongs with the second-unit. Put a hard pick toward the end of the game with not a hint of remorse.

Laybeyrie may have finally arrived.

Barry looks like a potential keeper.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/1/2017  6:55 PM
fwk00 wrote:Randle may have played his way out.

Jarz was an epiphany - belongs with the second-unit. Put a hard pick toward the end of the game with not a hint of remorse.

Mayes looked like more of an NBA player than Randle. I had doubts about Randle's handle last year, but the Triangle can cover up some deficiencies in that area of the game.

Laybeyrie looked solid...I think the hair does it for him.

Barry has the family brains.

Dotson needs to be more aggressive, but you could see some moments where he showed you what he can do.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
reub
Member: #6227

7/1/2017  7:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2017  7:16 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fwk00 wrote:Randle may have played his way out.

Mayes looked like more of an NBA player than Randle. I had doubts about Randle's handle last year, but the Triangle can cover up some deficiencies in that area of the game.

Laybeyrie looked solid...I think the hair does it for him.

Barry has the family brains.

Dotson needs to be more aggressive, but you could see some moments where he showed you what he can do.

I just finished watching it.

Labeyrie could contribute in the big leagues today. He's become a strong, polished player with a sweet outside stroke all the way to 3 point land. They say that bigs in Europe have an easier time adjusting to the NBA because they're used to playing against size and strength and I like Labeyrie a lot.

Rathan-Mayes looked good out there with his ability to break down the defense off the dribble, something that we're not used to seeing. He's very smart with the ball too. Quick and fit right into the teams schemes.

Artis looked absolutely terrible...showboating and coughing the ball up. Looked lost.

Kornet is a great 3 pt shooter who also offers rim protection. A little slow guarding the perimeter, he does give some rim protection and might have a future. His rebounding is below par. Markkanen-like with more defense.

Jaramaz is a bundle of energy and fearless but he looked a little lost and seems to only go to his right. I'm not sold on his outside shot so he may need more time in Europe. He may improve as the tournament proceeds with more games as he's still adjusting to N American style of play.

Barry is scrappy but not much of an athlete and I wonder if he won't be overmatched.

Plumlee is Plumlee and I like Plumlee.

Dotson started off slow but by the end of the game he was shooting more freely and making his threes. An excellent rebounder, he needs work on his handle.

Randle was slow, careless and honestly terrible. So many turnovers and no ability to break down the defense. He seemed to be playing like he thought he was better than everyone else and he definitely wasn't.

Nigel-Hayes, who I had some hope for because he has well rounded skills looked too small and slow to make an impact at the next level as a power forward. I want to see a fire lit under him because he has good skills. He was stuffed a few times down low.

Summer League Begins Next Saturday (7/1)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy