[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank vs. D Rose
Author Thread
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

6/24/2017  10:28 AM
The value of Frank over DR is that Frank will make an attempt to stay with his man defensively, as opposed to allowing his man to pass him, causing problems for the interior players. KP should be in less foul trouble trying to cover up a DR error on D. And BTW, what's the purpose of bringing back DR on any contract?
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
6/24/2017  11:12 AM
Sangfroid wrote:The value of Frank over DR is that Frank will make an attempt to stay with his man defensively, as opposed to allowing his man to pass him, causing problems for the interior players. KP should be in less foul trouble trying to cover up a DR error on D. And BTW, what's the purpose of bringing back DR on any contract?

No more playing 5 on 4.....cant leave Frank open like teams did against Rose.

I've said this about KP....and I'll say this about Frank.....certain skills will transfer over like shooting and IQ. what he needs to work on is leg strength....just like all rookies. I'm sure his shot will be off under 4 th quarter pressure.

I said KP should've started off the bench.....because he doesn't have a defined position yet. but I have no problem starting Frank from day one. build up chemistry with melo and KP.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
rickyd
Member: #7499

6/24/2017  12:27 PM
Boy some of the things being said is about the Knicks is troubling.
Frenchy is 18 yr old. Rose is just 26(I think). Frenchy body isn't ready for the schedule of the NBA. So the Knicks really have no choice but to bring Rose back. The only other choice is Randle because they were high on him(not Baker) before his injury. Would you give the starting PG to Randle?? I don't think so not right now. Rose and Lee become very important parts of the team if we are going to have any success. KP can't carry this team by himself.

**Chemistry was good between the unit last year. So let keep that core unit together. KP needs Rose especially if Melo is gone.
***Another question if Melo goes who replaces him?? That is why I said Issac should be our priority(trying to keep #8 also).

JUST MY IMO!!!

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

6/24/2017  12:43 PM
Rose is much better at scoring and breaking down a defender off the dribble, but literally everything else I think Rose is pretty bad or ineffective at right now.

Ntilikina may not play more than 20 minutes a game next year, but I'm quite sure he will be a better defender, willing passer, outside shooter and teammate than Rose was.

Gudris
Member: #6213

6/24/2017  1:20 PM
one of main reasons KP skipped exit meeting was DR, he said in Latvian TV interview his brother Janis broke his TV because DR did not pass to wide open KP
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

6/24/2017  1:40 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Rose is much better at scoring and breaking down a defender off the dribble, but literally everything else I think Rose is pretty bad or ineffective at right now.

Ntilikina may not play more than 20 minutes a game next year, but I'm quite sure he will be a better defender, willing passer, outside shooter and teammate than Rose was.

Wondering is D Rose prepared to make ANY concessions in his game (passing, defense) to accommodate the game plan or mentor
the yoots?

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/24/2017  1:49 PM
rickyd wrote:Boy some of the things being said is about the Knicks is troubling.
Frenchy is 18 yr old. Rose is just 26(I think). Frenchy body isn't ready for the schedule of the NBA. So the Knicks really have no choice but to bring Rose back. The only other choice is Randle because they were high on him(not Baker) before his injury. Would you give the starting PG to Randle?? I don't think so not right now. Rose and Lee become very important parts of the team if we are going to have any success. KP can't carry this team by himself.

**Chemistry was good between the unit last year. So let keep that core unit together. KP needs Rose especially if Melo is gone.
***Another question if Melo goes who replaces him?? That is why I said Issac should be our priority(trying to keep #8 also).

JUST MY IMO!!!

Knicks won 31 games last year.

Knicks absolutely have a choice and a pretty simple one.

Don't bring back the player who was likely the most flagrant offender of your defensive problems.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/24/2017  3:17 PM
First off Nitty is about the long term FUTURE of the team. Nitty is like the ANTI ROSE if ever there was a player to fit that description. Nitty is quick to read an open teammate and pass. Nitty is 100% focused on D and looking to disrupt. Nitty is a bit too passive but that's fine to start with. He won't hesitate to take the open 3!!! KP and Willy will LOVE playing with Nitty cuz he'll make life easier on D and will pass the ball a LOT. Phil may just bring Rose back to add the penetration and scoring he brings, but Nitty is more crucial to long term success.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

6/25/2017  7:01 AM
Gudris wrote:one of main reasons KP skipped exit meeting was DR, he said in Latvian TV interview his brother Janis broke his TV because DR did not pass to wide open KP

Really? I never heard this.

dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/25/2017  7:06 AM
sign and trade with rose to go to twolves for rubio that still open?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/25/2017  9:41 AM
There is no way D Rose is brought back to this team. Not with Phil.

The best thing is letting Frank, OJ, Baker and Randle man the back court with Dotson & Lee.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/25/2017  10:04 AM
franco12 wrote:There is no way D Rose is brought back to this team. Not with Phil.

The best thing is letting Frank, OJ, Baker and Randle man the back court with Dotson & Lee.

I hope you are right. I saw that Armstrong is trying to meet with Phil before 7/1 to discuss Rose returning.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Frank vs. D Rose

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy