[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ognjen Jaramaz at 58
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

6/23/2017  12:21 AM
That's now 5 international players - KP, Ntilikina, Willy, Kuz, Jaramaz.
Will he make the team?
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/23/2017  12:23 AM
Never heard of him but he looks interesting. Once again I have to say our Euro scouts are pretty on top of their game so hopefully he can turn into something.
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

6/23/2017  12:25 AM
From the dupe thread: From DraftExpress...good mix for 58. And furthers the Euro trend...
"...Averaging 12.2 points and 3.5 assists per game this season, Jaramaz had a solid season with Mega before his strong showing at the Eurocamp...Standing 6'4.5 in shoes with a 6'5.5 wingspan, Jaramaz doesn't have great length relative to his height, but is oversized for the point guard spot nonetheless, and is still longer than the average player at his position. Possessing a solid frame and terrific speed and explosiveness, the Krusevac native has a strong combination of physical tools for the next level...Playing primarily on the ball, but also moving off of it alongside Kostja Mushidi this season in the Mega Leks backcourt, Jaramaz did his best work as a slasher and pushing the ball in transition, utilizing his athleticism with the ball in his hands...Jaramaz's value as a prospect is based largely in his ability to turn the corner and attack gaps to get to the rim in the half court. A fearless penetrator with a strong first step and frame...The most relevant skill Jaramaz will need to polish to reach his long-term potential is his jump shooting...As much of a mixed bag as Jaramaz is offensively, he already does some positive things applying his physical tools defensively. Possessing good lateral quickness and showing the ability to pressure the ball away from the rim, Jaramaz brings a solid motor to the defensive end, doing his best to fight over screens and having the size to defend both guard spots with some success." - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ognjen-Jaramaz-66867/ ©DraftExpress
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/23/2017  12:31 AM
Turns 22 in September

Interesting review...Physically he seems competitive.

Have to admit that this is an intriguing review.

NBA Comparison:

Strengths: Jaramaz is talented European PG with size and speed ... A good athlete who likes attacking the rim and tries to dunk the ball every time he has chance ... He likes pushing the ball in transition and making good passes in the open court as well ... Quick first step allows him to separate himself from defense and score ... Most effective playing fast pace and running at full speed ... If he attacks the defenders off the dribble he will most likely drive to his right and finish with right hand (feels most comfortable) ... Reads defenders well at P&R game situations and is smart enough to recognize when defenders are playing under to take 15-feet jump-shot that he feels comfortable and is very effective with ... Good passer who will find open teammates for easy shots or layups. Improved his outside shooting and is not afraid to take deep shots under the pressure ... Defensively does a good job at being active and staying in the passing lines/can pressure the ball on both G positions in defense ... Handles the ball well and doesn’t turn it over (1.6 TO) ... Rebounds the ball well for his size and does a great job at following missed shots; scores numerous times on put-backs dunks and easy layups under the rim when no one is expecting ... Hard worker on the court and great kid off the floor.

Weaknesses: Jaramaz has to improve his outside shooting in order to be more effective player at the next level (this season he is shooting only 28.4% for 3) ... Must become a better decision maker on P&R situations ... His jump shot has low point of release and has to learn how to shoots it higher among other things in that area; in my opinion he has to change his shooting form in order to increase his outside percentage ... Defensively he is trying to go for too much at the times ... His age works against him some as he's already draft eligible and older than other options at the PG position ...

Stevan Petrovic 6/18/17

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/23/2017  12:38 AM
From DraftExpress...

Among the top performers from this past weekend's adidas Eurocamp, Ogjen Jaramaz is a member of the top-heavy 1995-born generation that is automatically eligible for the 2017 NBA Draft. A staple of Beobasket-run Serbian prospect-haven Mega Leks, Jaramaz is one of the lone holdovers who has played alongside all of the club's recent NBA Draftees; Nemanja Dangubic, Nikola Jokic, Vasilije Micic, Rade Zagorac, Timothe Luwawu, and Ivica Zubac.

Averaging 12.2 points and 3.5 assists per game this season, Jaramaz had a solid season with Mega before his strong showing at the Eurocamp. Earning quite a bit of attention from NBA scouts in a down year for international prospects, Jaramaz may be the favorite to emerge from the secondary tier of automatically eligible prospects, which typically produces at least a few picks, to hear his name called late on draft night.

Standing 6'4.5 in shoes with a 6'5.5 wingspan, Jaramaz doesn't have great length relative to his height, but is oversized for the point guard spot nonetheless, and is still longer than the average player at his position. Possessing a solid frame and terrific speed and explosiveness, the Krusevac native has a strong combination of physical tools for the next level, which stood out in particular against the roster of elite 2018 high school prospects talented assembled on The Path Team in Treviso.

Playing primarily on the ball, but also moving off of it alongside Kostja Mushidi this season in the Mega Leks backcourt, Jaramaz did his best work as a slasher and pushing the ball in transition, utilizing his athleticism with the ball in his hands. Scoring only .844 points per possession over 14.8 possessions per game this season, Jaramaz wasn't efficient at all in an outsized offensive role, but has shown flashes of being able to put things together over the past few years, in games that were always well-attended by NBA scouts. He also had quite a few stinkers unfortunately, but his strong end to the year in Treviso could very well indicate his potential outside of the Adriatic League.

Jaramaz's value as a prospect is based largely in his ability to turn the corner and attack gaps to get to the rim in the half court. A fearless penetrator with a strong first step and frame, Jaramaz has been producing highlight material in the open court in the Adriatic league for quite some time, but just shot 47% around the rim in the half court this season, due in large part to his questionable decision-making. Lacking a natural feel for picking and choosing his spots and forcing the issue badly at times, the 21-year old guard has some interesting tools, but also plenty of things to work on as a scorer.

The most relevant skill Jaramaz will need to polish to reach his long-term potential is his jump shooting. One of the reasons he struggled to make shots consistently at the rim last season was that he made just 28% of his perimeter attempts in the half court and defenders regularly sagged off of him, making it more difficult for him to get a clean lane to the rim. Shooting the ball with a big body turn and inconsistent timing on his release, Jaramaz's jump shooting mechanics aren't broken, and he made 3-point shots and midrange jumpers at a nice rate in Treviso and to end the season in Serbia, but he'll need to become a more reliable threat from the perimeter to unlock the rest of his game.

As a playmaker, Jaramaz lacks a degree of polish. He doesn't have great peripheral vision, nor is his handle particularly tight, leading to some wild moments in the pick and roll. His ability to draw defenders off the dribble allows him tally some assists in drive and dump and drive and kick situations, but he would need to improve his basketball IQ, find a better balance between scoring and passing and develop into a more real threat from beyond the arc to maximize his efficiency and give himself a chance to carve out a niche at the NBA level.

As much of a mixed bag as Jaramaz is offensively, he already does some positive things applying his physical tools defensively. Possessing good lateral quickness and showing the ability to pressure the ball away from the rim, Jaramaz brings a solid motor to the defensive end, doing his best to fight over screens and having the size to defend both guard spots with some success. He takes some unnecessary risks trying to heat up the ball and can be a step late closing out, but was very effective getting in the passing lanes in Mega Leks's aggressive, pressing defense that picked up full court as often as almost any team in a major pro league in the world.

Though Jaramaz is not the most refined offensive player, his combination of size, quickness, toughness, and energy give him some upside if he can begin to figure things out as a playmaker and shooter. His showing in Treviso served as a reminder of what he can do when his shot is falling, and in a very shallow class of auto eligible prospects, he likely earned himself some additional workouts which could ultimately lead to a spot in the second round of the 2017 NBA Draft.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/23/2017  12:41 AM
Franshilla said that the league this guy plays in has produced Nikola Jokic and (if I recall correctly) Jusuf Nurkic. So what we saw him doing against their competition should be held in some type of regard. I got to say, I find myself liking this Jaramez guy.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/23/2017  12:44 AM
Stash
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/23/2017  12:45 AM
Great thread. Thanks for doing the research on him. He looked really good in the film clips during the draft.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
reub
Member: #6227

6/23/2017  12:54 AM
This was from 10 days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqAMEGnmdic

Pretty encouraging.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/23/2017  1:04 AM

Kid looks like he was created in a NBA2k game. Great talent. He has an American street ball game

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/23/2017  1:07 AM
EnySpree wrote:

Kid looks like he was created in a NBA2k game. Great talent. He has an American street ball game

Wow. The Knicks scouting has been amazing. Looks like a great find.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree

6/23/2017  1:08 AM
reub wrote:This was from 10 days ago

Pretty encouraging.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
reub
Member: #6227

6/23/2017  1:12 AM
Frank is a baby Giannis who is a great defender and a winner. Dotson a lights out shooter with an NBA body and quickness. Jaramaz is a wild card but he looks great on his recent videos from 10 days ago. I love that Phil and Company stick to their guns, stay with with their system and take who they like and avoid the hype of know nothings like us and the press. We did great.
EnySpree

6/23/2017  1:29 AM
reub wrote:I love that Phil and Company stick to their guns, stay with with their system and take who they like and avoid the hype of know nothings like us and the press. We did great.

I agree... no fantasy land ****. Just rebuilding the right way

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/23/2017  6:27 AM
I hope we don't stash this kid - that we get him over and let him adjust to the NBA game, let him make mistakes, and help us earn another lottery pick next year.
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/23/2017  9:32 AM
I was actually excited by the fact that he wasn't in any(?) of the draft guide books.
(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/23/2017  9:40 AM
reub wrote:Frank is a baby Giannis who is a great defender and a winner. Dotson a lights out shooter with an NBA body and quickness. Jaramaz is a wild card but he looks great on his recent videos from 10 days ago. I love that Phil and Company stick to their guns, stay with with their system and take who they like and avoid the hype of know nothings like us and the press. We did great.

Now, Jaramaz reminds me of a young Giran Dragic. Unfortunately, there's no Steve Nash here to mentor him.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/23/2017  9:43 AM
BRIGGS posted in the duplicate thread that he looked like Jeremy Lin. I agree.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/23/2017  10:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2017  11:09 AM
This kid may be the starting PG this year.

Just read they may stash him one year....hmm...not sure they should but in any case he is another nice player that fits the plan.

EnySpree

6/23/2017  11:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2017  11:11 AM
Andrew wrote:BRIGGS posted in the duplicate thread that he looked like Jeremy Lin. I agree.

Spot on. Kid has some moxy. He's trying to dunk everything.

Ognjen Jaramaz at 58

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy