USA
8/20/2004  2:25 AM
I rather have Kurt play center because he plays better
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
8/20/2004  3:15 AM
depends on which baker will get. If it's the baker from the beginning of last season, watch out, cause few teams will be able to stop us. If it's the other baker, let's give him 10 minutes off the bench. Will be enough.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/20/2004  3:49 AM
Posted by raven:

depends on which baker will get. If it's the baker from the beginning of last season, watch out, cause few teams will be able to stop us. If it's the other baker, let's give him 10 minutes off the bench. Will be enough.
Sounds low enough risk for someone barely making half the MLE; smart gamble by Isiah
raven
Canada
8/20/2004  4:09 AM
I do agree. We had to take a chance on him, as we need player that will have a chip on their shoulder.

Yet, the impact of a healthy baker would be far more huge thatn any other players we have (maybe except houston).

A true healthy baker would be an inside force to reckon with. I may be burnt for that, but I'd take a healhty baker over dampier any day of the week.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
8/20/2004  4:36 AM
I would start Sweetney at PF, and Thomas at C unless Baker's game returns to what it was at an earlier stage of his career. The reason I would start Sweetney is becasuse he has a higher upside than the others, and it would likely accelerate his development.

My guess is that Crawford begins the season as the starting 2 guard, and Houston starts the season on the injured list.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/20/2004  10:04 AM
sounds right to me. what is the point of starting two older players in the frontcourt?

C- Thomas
PF Sweetney
SF Thomas
SG Crawford
PG Marbury
C Nazr
PF Baker
SF Ariza
SG Houston
PG Hardaway

this is more of an offensive skill team than anything else. we're smallish in the frontcourt and backcourt and there are to many *plodders* as a whole to be a fast team.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/20/2004  10:10 AM
"this is more of an offensive skill team than anything else. we're smallish in the frontcourt and backcourt and there are to many *plodders* as a whole to be a fast team."

I would get JYD some minutes at the 3/4/5 because he's a very fast high energy player commited to defense and rebounding.

How about

Marbury
Crawford
Ariza/Shandon
TT
JYD

Put your running shoes on.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/20/2004  10:14 AM
Posted by Rich:

My guess is that Crawford begins the season as the starting 2 guard, and Houston starts the season on the injured list.
EXACTLY!! Thank you for saying that before I said it.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
raven
Canada
8/20/2004  10:29 AM

Posted by Rich:

I love hearing that. Last yr, it was something that houston is hurt and shandon will start at shooting guard.
Bonn1997
USA
8/20/2004  11:12 AM
Posted by raven:

Posted by Rich:

I love hearing that. Last yr, it was something that houston is hurt and shandon will start at shooting guard.
Remember how bad it was to see our starting backcourt be Eisley and Shandon Anderson back then with Weatherspoon the first forward coming in off the bench???
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/20/2004  11:29 AM
With the current roster, I would have my depth chart in this order

Starters
C-Nazr
PF-KT
SF-TT
SG-Houston (here's to hoping)
PG-Marbury

1st off bench
Backcourt - Crawford
C-Baker
PF-Sweetney
SF-JYD or Penny depending on the matchups.

Everybody else gets garbage minutes. A nine man rotation.

I don't want to start Baker and KT together, I want the older players seperated.
Bonn1997
USA
8/20/2004  11:33 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

With the current roster, I would have my depth chart in this order

Starters
C-Nazr
PF-KT
SF-TT
SG-Houston (here's to hoping)
PG-Marbury

1st off bench
Backcourt - Crawford
C-Baker
PF-Sweetney
SF-JYD or Penny depending on the matchups.

Everybody else gets garbage minutes. A nine man rotation.

I don't want to start Baker and KT together, I want the older players seperated.
I'd rather have Sweetney start at PF. And at this point, you could make a good case for the starting center being Kurt, Baker, or Nazy. I think after training camp and pre-season, everyone will begin to get an idea of which players are ready for the most playing time, although there probably will be some changes made during the season too.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/20/2004  12:03 PM
A first unit of KT, Sweetney, Tim Thomas, Crawford, and Marbury would be a real fun team to watch, in my opinion.

The second line of Mohammed, Baker (playing his natural 4), Ariza, Houston, and Penny would be awesome for two reasons. First, with that lineup, the shortest player is 6'6" and you could easily create some sort of 2-3 zone with Ariza and Penny out front, and the 3 on the bottom of Baker, Mohammed, and Houston, hiding some bad defensive players with the length on that lineup.

The youth would be getting minutes, and JYD is always there to throw in for some minutes with either unit.

KT should be traded at the deadline for a player and draft picks, something like the Malik Rose+1st rounder he was rumored for last year at the deadline.
#Knickstaps
Bonn1997
USA
8/20/2004  4:07 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

A first unit of KT, Sweetney, Tim Thomas, Crawford, and Marbury would be a real fun team to watch, in my opinion.

The second line of Mohammed, Baker (playing his natural 4), Ariza, Houston, and Penny would be awesome for two reasons. First, with that lineup, the shortest player is 6'6" and you could easily create some sort of 2-3 zone with Ariza and Penny out front, and the 3 on the bottom of Baker, Mohammed, and Houston, hiding some bad defensive players with the length on that lineup.

The youth would be getting minutes, and JYD is always there to throw in for some minutes with either unit.

KT should be traded at the deadline for a player and draft picks, something like the Malik Rose+1st rounder he was rumored for last year at the deadline.
If we're going to downgrade the roster, I'd rather make that trade on draft night so that we can keep Kurt for the full season and playoffs.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/20/2004  4:35 PM
I don't think it'd be a huge downgrade if they have Sweetney, JYD, Baker, and Mohammed all playing well.

No team will want KT on draft day, that's why the deal has to be made at the deadline. He's a guy a team acquires for their final playoff push in February, and the Knicks can get a nice contract and a pick for him, I'm doing that.
#Knickstaps
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/21/2004  3:20 PM
so many of you are in a hurry to get rid of KT- what makes you think he has value to others if you yourselves don't value him???

But- I agree with you- if at the deadline there is an option to move him- and our other bigs have panned out nicely- i.e., sweets development, baker off bottle, JYD and Nazr playing decent ball- then obviously you do it.

But- there is one thing that KT brings to this team that we don't have anyone else to replace- hitting the medium range jumper with regularity on the pick and roll.

We saw glimpses of what Marbury can do in the half court game with a smooth shooting big with KT before he got hurt and Doleac before he got traded
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/21/2004  3:22 PM
It's not that we don't value Kurt...it's just that we see great things in Sweets future and don't want Kurt's playing time to get in the way.
Knicks?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy