[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hitting Rock Bottom?
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
1/2/2002  1:29 AM
Hey all, good to be back in NY, was on vacation in Utah. I don't know how Malone and Stockton have been there that long, too much dirty snow and pick up trucks, anyways, I heard on WFan the other day, I forget who said it, that the best thing for the Knicks would be to hit rock bottom, not make the playoffs, and see what happens with the draft, and I partially think that's right. As much as I hate to see this team lose all of its leads and games, I think it would be best for the team. We all have to face it, this team is really bad. Spree is unfortuanately on the beginning of the downside of his career, Allan Houston is a career 18 points a game, 1 rebound, 1 assist guy, Camby would be their one bright spot except he can't seem to play a month w/o getting hurt. Other then that, this team really has nothing. We all talk about the "Big 3" but it isn't that big. I hate to say it, but I really hope we don't make the playoffs, maybe pull a trade or two on draft day to get somewhat under the cap, get a new coach and GM (since Chaney looks like he doesn't mind losing and since Layden thinks he's doing a good job) and maybe even go out on a limb and draft a high schooler, something to give this team some sort of hope. This team will be plagued by mediocrity for the next 20 years if something isn't done soon. They are more then $40 million dollars over the salary cap. $40 million! And add to that $40 million the fact that they don't have one chance in an incredibly weak Atlantic division and a weaker Eastern Conference to advance in the playoffs. This team needs to hit rock bottom, trade Sprewell, trade Camby and get something to build around, they can't just have 12 role players and expect to win. NYC and MSG should be a mecca for NBA stars. So many of them grew up in NYC or grew up wanting to play for the Knicks and they can't do anything about it because the Knicks spent their money on players like Travis Knight and Howard Eisley. Ah, it just feels better getting that rant out, what does everyone think? I seriously wouldn't mind them drafting maybe the high schooler Amare Stoudamire and then the year after drafting the other high schooler LeBron James, both of whom are expected to turn out real good. Once those two are fully developed the Knicks would've had a chance to get near under the cap or around the cap like the rest of the NBA minus the Portland Trailblazers. But being $40 mil over the cap with that money spent on nothing, having nothing built around nothing, and a GM who knows nothing, that is just a mixture for... well.. nothing. They need to do something, any ideas, anyone?
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
1/2/2002  9:18 AM
Like your rant.. But, management tries to not allow this to happen, and would rather suffer in mediocrity and keep the fans in the seats than see a decline in revenue. I do believe that there will be a decline anyway, but they don't see that coming. When was the last time that the Knicks had a really BIG star - Patrick Ewing in his first ten years, but nobody since. Think what a Shaq would bring in NYC, or Kobe? Oh well, maybe we just have to suffer.. MSG, next time a Houston tries to rob you blind, let him try the market and see what is offered before spending the bucks.

[Edited by - ukdad on 01/02/2002 09:19:08]
The Old Man of UK...
Hitting Rock Bottom?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy