[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Please, please
Author Thread
teamsport72
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6172

6/22/2017  5:15 AM
Please, please, trade KP! You do not treat a unicorn like a bitch. You do not supply him with an incompetent playmaker. You do not humiliate his star mentor. You build AROUND him and make him happy. The only one playing diva is PJax. He needs to grow up, but that is not going to happen, given his age.

KP needs a coach who would chalk up plays to get him open looks or open lanes. That hasn't happened over two seasons and three coaches, he's been scrambling crap for his 20 ppg.

And, please, understand - here in Latvia we don't give a dead beavers bottom about New York Knicks and the inflated egos of the fans. We do care a bit about our national team. So set the unicorn free and let NYK do what they are best at - perennial sucking :-)

AUTOADVERT
FrenchKnicks
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #147
France
6/22/2017  5:18 AM
Please, please, trade KP
We do not need a 21yo DIVA dictating his law to the team. Skipping an exit meeting is inacceptable and just shows how immature this guy trully is. I've lost total respect of him because of his attitude with management. Respect means a lot and he's the one being disrepectful.
franco12
Member: #599
USA
6/22/2017  6:36 AM
I'm almost rooting for KP to get traded simply to save him from this franchise.

He skipped a meeting. Big deal. He's frustrated with what he has seen- and Phil has turned the roster over every year, forced a system on Jeff, and attacked Melo.

We can disagree with whether Melo tried this last year- but the fact is, there was no reason to burn the bridge when the senile president gave him a NT clause.

I just hope that if he is traded, it's to a better situation- it's hard to imagine a worst situation.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/22/2017  7:22 AM
I am getting a bit tired of the bashing of the system thing. the only guy ruining the system is Melo. That is why everyone who tries to run a motion offense with NY and Melo, they fail. The solution to making it work is to remove Melo. Simple.

I believe that without Melo, the ball will move freely and the team will adapt to the "system" very easily. They have shown it every time the guy sits out a game.

BTW, SA, GS, Cle, Utah, Boston and others run a motion offense. The ball moves, the players move. That is all the "triangle" is. They are sets to start with and get motion going. These teams also run variations of the triangle.

franco12
USA
6/22/2017  7:25 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I am getting a bit tired of the bashing of the system thing. the only guy ruining the system is Melo. That is why everyone who tries to run a motion offense with NY and Melo, they fail. The solution to making it work is to remove Melo. Simple.

I believe that without Melo, the ball will move freely and the team will adapt to the "system" very easily. They have shown it every time the guy sits out a game.

BTW, SA, GS, Cle, Utah, Boston and others run a motion offense. The ball moves, the players move. That is all the "triangle" is. They are sets to start with and get motion going. These teams also run variations of the triangle.

With those organizations you mentioned, is it the front office of SA or Golden State telling Popovich or Kerr what offense/system to run, or are they free to implement what they want, and the FO supports them???

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/22/2017  7:31 AM
franco12 wrote:I'm almost rooting for KP to get traded simply to save him from this franchise.

He skipped a meeting. Big deal. He's frustrated with what he has seen- and Phil has turned the roster over every year, forced a system on Jeff, and attacked Melo.

We can disagree with whether Melo tried this last year- but the fact is, there was no reason to burn the bridge when the senile president gave him a NT clause.

I just hope that if he is traded, it's to a better situation- it's hard to imagine a worst situation.

Yeah I agree with all of this.
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
6/22/2017  7:48 AM
franco12 wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I am getting a bit tired of the bashing of the system thing. the only guy ruining the system is Melo. That is why everyone who tries to run a motion offense with NY and Melo, they fail. The solution to making it work is to remove Melo. Simple.

With those organizations you mentioned, is it the front office of SA or Golden State telling Popovich or Kerr what offense/system to run, or are they free to implement what they want, and the FO supports them???

I am sure there is agreement between the FO's and the coach.

Jeff ran a similar offense in Phoenix already. He knew the deal and agreed to run his system and incorporate the triangle sets too.

franco12
USA
6/22/2017  7:55 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Jeff ran a similar offense in Phoenix already. He knew the deal and agreed to run his system and incorporate the triangle sets too.

But how does that agreement flow? If Popovich woke up and said - wow, MDA's offense is the way of the future, would the FO then go out and balance the roster to run that, or would they tell pop no?

Better example is Kerr - clearly there was agreement, but did he have to accept a certain way of doing things, or did the FO like his vision for how he wanted to run things?

Yes, Jeff knew the deal- but that doesn't make it right. And the fact is, towards the end of the season, things changed up, Jeff had to run the triangle more vs. what he was doing at the start of the season- why?

GoNyGoNyGo
USA
6/22/2017  8:35 AM
franco12 wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
franco12 wrote:

But how does that agreement flow? If Popovich woke up and said - wow, MDA's offense is the way of the future, would the FO then go out and balance the roster to run that, or would they tell pop no?

Better example is Kerr - clearly there was agreement, but did he have to accept a certain way of doing things, or did the FO like his vision for how he wanted to run things?

Yes, Jeff knew the deal- but that doesn't make it right. And the fact is, towards the end of the season, things changed up, Jeff had to run the triangle more vs. what he was doing at the start of the season- why?

I am not privy as to how things work in any organization. My guess would be in most cases, the FO and coach would pursue the players that fit their idea of how they will play the game.

Pop has always looked for fundamental basketball players and good shooters.

Kerr inherited 3 great players. He fined tuned them, not unlike Phil did in Chicago.

Pjax did say that he talked to Jeff about running more cowbell, i mean triangle, at the end of the year. To me, the triangle is an avenue to change the culture of the team. That is how Phil sees it in one aspect. The triangle offense is a bunch of sets to start the offense. IT is very similar to the way the early 70's Knicks played. Phil searched for something that fit that ever since he left and when he found it, he bought in 100 percent because it fit his vision. It is a TEAM oriented system. Yes, MJ, Kobe, Shaq made it work. Just like Clyde, Reed, Monroe and Debusschere made the champion Knicks work. My 2 cents.

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/22/2017  8:37 AM
If ur the caliber of Phil or Riley or Jerry west or popovich (as gm) you tell the coach the system and the coach does as told. THose guys know what win
(5)(5)
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
6/22/2017  8:57 AM
This is classic old school vs new school. New school says 21 year olds social media stars can kick team management in the balls and purge the team President when you don't care for their treatment of the teams' prima Donna C Melo.you blow off meetings, don't seek permission to play overseas in the off season, and tweet LA Clippers treating it as a tech mishap. Your brother, your spokesperson, says fans are great but management doesn't treat its players well.

Old school says I pay your salary. An exit interview isn't a lot to ask. We're building around you and it takes some time. You need to look past the Melo deal as he's the past and the team and Managment are dealing with it best we can.

Phil picked KP! It's his NY legacy but being old school he can't get past a snot nose brat dissing him in the press and making him social media piñata with the help of a willing media. I'm old school. I love KP but screw him pushing team management around. Phil's made mistakes sure but the kids out of line.

FrenchKnicks
Member: #147
France
6/22/2017  9:49 AM
Paris907 wrote:This is classic old school vs new school. New school says 21 year olds social media stars can kick team management in the balls and purge the team President when you don't care for their treatment of the teams' prima Donna C Melo.you blow off meetings, don't seek permission to play overseas in the off season, and tweet LA Clippers treating it as a tech mishap. Your brother, your spokesperson, says fans are great but management doesn't treat its players well.

Old school says I pay your salary. An exit interview isn't a lot to ask. We're building around you and it takes some time. You need to look past the Melo deal as he's the past and the team and Managment are dealing with it best we can.

Phil picked KP! It's his NY legacy but being old school he can't get past a snot nose brat dissing him in the press and making him social media piñata with the help of a willing media. I'm old school. I love KP but screw him pushing team management around. Phil's made mistakes sure but the kids out of line.

Very well said !

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/22/2017  9:51 AM
FrenchKnicks wrote:Please, please, trade KP
We do not need a 21yo DIVA dictating his law to the team. Skipping an exit meeting is inacceptable and just shows how immature this guy trully is. I've lost total respect of him because of his attitude with management. Respect means a lot and he's the one being disrepectful.

Immature 21 year old is redundant.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/22/2017  10:03 AM
Paris907 wrote:This is classic old school vs new school. New school says 21 year olds social media stars can kick team management in the balls and purge the team President when you don't care for their treatment of the teams' prima Donna C Melo.you blow off meetings, don't seek permission to play overseas in the off season, and tweet LA Clippers treating it as a tech mishap. Your brother, your spokesperson, says fans are great but management doesn't treat its players well.

What school are you in when you mostly care about basketball and not off-season drama surrounding voluntary meetings mostly played out on ... wait for it... social media. and don't need a 21 year old to be your pillar of heroism?

Whatever school that is that's the one I'm in.

I know it isn't drama school, which old or new seems to be the one all this is taking place.

blkexec
Member: #748
6/22/2017  10:13 AM

Max on first take is 100% right. ripping Phil....and SAS is also throwing his hand at phil.....but also James Dolan for hiring Phil ad a security blanket. don't forget, this was a reactional move to all the fans lined up outside the garden. don't forget Dolan has no problem letting GMs and coaches go. isn't it interesting how he's allowing Phil to do worse than past GMs....but paying him more than past GMs.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/22/2017  10:32 AM
Funny, the only thing the Phil lovers can point to is the thing Phil is now fucquing up royally. The unicorn wants to win, he doesn't like what he sees, and this is a business, not a "school", old or new. KP doesn't like how the business is being run, so he farts off an exit meeting. Guess what? KP is a business now too. He sells jersey's, he sells shoes, he sells whatever. He's one of several of the NBA's top brands. This is life now in the big city. The kid plays like a unicorn, while Phil, with the exception of said unicorn, acts like an exec with a his head and his 11 rings up his geriatric arse.

KP gets paid, so is Phil. A whole lot more than a 21 year old unicorn who actually performs well is getting paid. 3 years in, and KP has a lot more credibility in his job than Phil has in his.

Phil-loving; the new, deranged replacement faith for the Lin-loving Melohaters.

teamsport72

6/22/2017  5:26 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/new-york-knicks-phil-jackson-karl-anthony-towns-kentucky-big-butt-no-1-pick-jahlil-okafor/tfxnst0eju7v1mh0oqmf99ebs

“They need a center with a big butt to hold space," says Charlie Rosen, who is one of Jackson's closest friends. “Towns is not a big-enough body."

So, in theory, Jackson is all about the junk in the trunk.

The full quote by Rosen is pretty insane considering Towns is just 19 years old and will fill out to NBA size over the next five years.

He’d never get that position in the NBA. He doesn’t have enough power or core strength. He wouldn’t be able to set up one dribble away from the basket. He’s not a kind of center you need in the triangle. He’s not physically that type of center, but he’s athletic and does other things. Look how far out (Lou) Amundson, (Jason) Smith and (Andrea) Bargnani get pushed out when they post up, well out of the box.

Rosen comparing Towns in a wraparound way to Amundson, Smith and Bargnani is ridiculous on its face.

In any case, what this is code for is that the Knicks will definitely take Jahlil Okafor -- noted butt-haver -- if they can get him with whatever pick they secure.

teamsport72

6/28/2017  5:58 AM
Never fight a unicorn.

Other than that, a decent business decision - unicorn is a cash flow originator for Dolan for years to come. Also, the team needs FAs, with no PJ or triangle, some hope there.

teamsport72

7/3/2017  12:58 PM
It seems, the front office finally got it - they can't fight a Unicorn. Right now, the tone has changed - Horny now puts it all on KP: be the one! So that to shift the blame for fcuking Pjax.....if KP can't deliver - he's the one to blame.

Smart move.

If you ask me, that's fine, I think KP will come out and kick ass....UNLESS - THERE IS STILL NO PLAYS RUN FOR HIM! You coaching f...gots, all the way down :-)

Please, please

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy