[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why to draft Frank
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/15/2017  5:46 PM
Ill be the first one to say even 3 weeks ago I was like "pass". High dribble TO machine who looked like he couldnt separate from a slow foreign guy

But I keep in mind some of the really good PG's that are simply not mature enough physically yet at 18 and then 2-3 years later --different players.

From watching continual tape--heres a few takes. He thinks the game he knows angles his jumpshot form has improved drastically from 206-2017. He actually looks like he can be a weapon from 3. He has long smooth strides. His length makes him a potential defensive terror--and with body control those long arms will help him be a stat suffer and finish at the rim. Does he have the strength and explosion of DEnnis Smith--no. Will he be as good as DS year 1? Probably not. But will he be a winning player---I think he can and thats what we want. At 18 with a 7-1 wingspan--he could end up 6-7/6-8 and even if he stays at 6-4 ish thats plenty tall for the PG. I think the more you watch and look through some immature warts the more you can see what they "thought" they might get with Jerian Grant. He can shoot now and he will get even better shooting as he gets stronger--Jerian Grant cant shoot.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
6/15/2017  5:52 PM
IMO Ntilikina is going to be a good player but I'm not trying to draft only a good player at 8. I want a kid with Legit STAR potential. I don't see a very high ceiling with Nitty. I could be wrong but I see a better defending Evan Turner type. SG size. Can shoot n pass. Not really a serious breakdown threat.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/15/2017  6:12 PM
You guys just described why I don't want this French Kid. His motor sucks.... I think guys only want him cuz draft express keeps saying the Knicks should draft him. I won't cry if we do draft him, but if I turn out to be right about him I'm going to roast him everyday.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
USA
6/15/2017  6:30 PM
EnySpree wrote:You guys just described why I don't want this French Kid. His motor sucks.... I think guys only want him cuz draft express keeps saying the Knicks should draft him. I won't cry if we do draft him, but if I turn out to be right about him I'm going to roast him everyday.

I want a guy that puts the FEAR OF GOD in teams when he gets the ball. I don't get that vibe from Nitty. The lack of first step burst concerns me. Nitty's gonna be fine in a team concept. I don't see much bust potential just not a high ceiling.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/15/2017  6:39 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:You guys just described why I don't want this French Kid. His motor sucks.... I think guys only want him cuz draft express keeps saying the Knicks should draft him. I won't cry if we do draft him, but if I turn out to be right about him I'm going to roast him everyday.

I want a guy that puts the FEAR OF GOD in teams when he gets the ball. I don't get that vibe from Nitty. The lack of first step burst concerns me. Nitty's gonna be fine in a team concept. I don't see much bust potential just not a high ceiling.

So you want am iso heavy shoot first PG? What was wrong with Rose? I would rather have a team player that set up the offense like Rubio.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
6/15/2017  6:52 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

So you want am iso heavy shoot first PG? What was wrong with Rose? I would rather have a team player that set up the offense like Rubio.

WHAT? Where'd you get that from what I wrote? LOOK don't start your counter argument by invoking DRose. There's a difference between choosing to be unselfish and not being able to create at a high level when it's needed. This team needs a legit Perimeter threat to balance the floor so defenses have to guard the entire floor.

That player doesn't have to be Ball Dominant but should have some ability to create and get to the rim against NBA Guards etc. When you face good defense then you won't be allowed to get open jumpers all the time. I'm not even sure Nitty has strong enough handles to bring it up against NBA Guards. You better have tight handles in the NBA.

EnySpree

6/15/2017  6:54 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Did anybody say anything about an ISO point guard? Come on man just because this guy is supposedly at pass first point guard doesn't mean we have to draft him. F*** this guy he's slow he's big for nothing. He has the long arms and whatever else people like like about him. But he can't guard European players and he has no motor. He plays a European style basketball and Phil Jackson runs the triangle. I thought the triangle sucks? I thought people wanted offensive heavy point guard. THIS kid Frank Nitti sucks f****** dick and I'm tired of talking about him. I don't want to point guard in the number eight pick just because everyone says so. I rather get the best player available and then try to get another point guard either in the first round or later in the second round. THERE'S plenty point guards out there. You don't have to settle for this f****** french guy f*** this guy I'm tired of talking about it.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
6/15/2017  7:03 PM
Wouldn't cry if we got him, but from what I read he's not exactly lighting it up at the tournament he's in now. A bit of a red flag, along with what else we know. His lack of explosiveness and strength. With our history he's a guy who won't be any good for at least a year or 2 and we'll trade for peanuts to a team that will see him produce for them.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/15/2017  7:11 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:Wouldn't cry if we got him, but from what I read he's not exactly lighting it up at the tournament he's in now. A bit of a red flag, along with what else we know. His lack of explosiveness and strength. With our history he's a guy who won't be any good for at least a year or 2 and we'll trade for peanuts to a team that will see him produce for them.

Hopefully the franchise is patient with young players. The Knicks are going to e bad for a few years. Best player available should be the approach in my opinion. The Knicks are too far removed from competing to bypass the b p a. I hope the pick snt made based on triangle fit or triangle compliance. That is done in two years.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
6/15/2017  7:13 PM
If you draft Nitty you can try to add a breakdown guard later. Phil might consider bringing Rose back as a scorer as well.
nixluva
USA
6/15/2017  7:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:Wouldn't cry if we got him, but from what I read he's not exactly lighting it up at the tournament he's in now. A bit of a red flag, along with what else we know. His lack of explosiveness and strength. With our history he's a guy who won't be any good for at least a year or 2 and we'll trade for peanuts to a team that will see him produce for them.

Hopefully the franchise is patient with young players. The Knicks are going to e bad for a few years. Best player available should be the approach in my opinion. The Knicks are too far removed from competing to bypass the b p a. I hope the pick snt made based on triangle fit or triangle compliance. That is done in two years.

You keep assuming the Triangle is gone after two more years running and building towards it but that's not logical. ESPECIALLY if you draft Captain Triangle Frank Ntilikina. They'd be doubling down on a Triangle future.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/15/2017  7:28 PM
Ntlikina makes to much sense. He is that perfect combination of pg skill with a sg body. You could even team him up with another pg and just create a pass happy culture. Ntlikina make a lot of sense to me. Imagine getting 15 assists per game just from you pg and sg.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/15/2017  7:43 PM
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Did anybody say anything about an ISO point guard? Come on man just because this guy is supposedly at pass first point guard doesn't mean we have to draft him. F*** this guy he's slow he's big for nothing. He has the long arms and whatever else people like like about him. But he can't guard European players and he has no motor. He plays a European style basketball and Phil Jackson runs the triangle. I thought the triangle sucks? I thought people wanted offensive heavy point guard. THIS kid Frank Nitti sucks f****** dick and I'm tired of talking about him. I don't want to point guard in the number eight pick just because everyone says so. I rather get the best player available and then try to get another point guard either in the first round or later in the second round. THERE'S plenty point guards out there. You don't have to settle for this f****** french guy f*** this guy I'm tired of talking about it.

That's your opinion. I never wanted a scoring heavy point guard. We just had one in Rose. Apparently you have something against French people, not sure I want to know. If Phil drafts Frank, I will be ok with it or any other player except the likes of Dennis Smith that just another Rose in the making. You guys only care about "STAR" potential, and I don't. Different value systems.

Peace.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
6/15/2017  7:44 PM
Vmart wrote:Ntlikina makes to much sense. He is that perfect combination of pg skill with a sg body. You could even team him up with another pg and just create a pass happy culture. Ntlikina make a lot of sense to me. Imagine getting 15 assists per game just from you pg and sg.

That's the appeal. Strong 3nD with some PG skills.
nixluva
USA
6/15/2017  7:50 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's your opinion. I never wanted a scoring heavy point guard. We just had one in Rose. Apparently you have something against French people, not sure I want to know. If Phil drafts Frank, I will be ok with it or any other player except the likes of Dennis Smith that just another Rose in the making. You guys only care about "STAR" potential, and I don't. Different value systems.

Peace.

You keep misrepresenting what we're talking about. Steph is a Scoring PG! You saying you wouldn't want him?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/15/2017  7:50 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

You keep assuming the Triangle is gone after two more years running and building towards it but that's not logical. ESPECIALLY if you draft Captain Triangle Frank Ntilikina. They'd be doubling down on a Triangle future.

There are two Phil guys in the organization, Rambis and Gaines. I don't see Rambis hanging on after Phil. Maybe Phil stays on longer but otherwise the triangle is done. Rambis might not be employable in the nba without Phil.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
6/15/2017  7:57 PM
So much of the film I see on Crank has slower guys checking him. I'd feel considerably more comfortable about him if he played for a big school and went deep into the NCaas against Fox, Monk, Ball Donovon Smith. I'll take Monk then smith and then Frank and take what happens. It's a league about great shooters and Monk happens to be a superior athlete with a quick accurate stroke. He can shoot NBA 3s and dish too.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/15/2017  8:35 PM
I'm feeling Ntikilina is our this year's Mudiay.
Foreign PG product with not enough firepower to justify the Knicks slot in the draft. I said pass on Mudiay, and I say pass now.
EnySpree

6/15/2017  8:49 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Peace.

Now I have something against French people? You don't know what a star player at #8? What value system are you talking about? I did state thay I would deal with Frenchy but I just don't like his game at all. Gtfoh with all that other bull****

reub
Member: #6227

6/15/2017  9:21 PM
Panos wrote:I'm feeling Ntikilina is our this year's Mudiay.
Foreign PG product with not enough firepower to justify the Knicks slot in the draft. I said pass on Mudiay, and I say pass now.

Mudiay couldn't shoot and was undisciplined.

Why to draft Frank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy