[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Cavs sign Verajo to 3 year 1.6mm$
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/19/2004  2:53 PM
this was a great comeback by the Cavs. Im not going to make any predictions about who is going to make the playoffs, BUT IMHO while I have thought otherwise I believe the Knicks are nO lock. To many teams are vastly improved.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/19/2004  2:59 PM
I dont think they are a lock...hell NOBODY is a lock. But I think they have a fair chance to win their division.
deebo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #740
8/19/2004  3:11 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I dont think they are a lock...hell NOBODY is a lock. But I think they have a fair chance to win their division.
The division is up in the air too. With Miami and Orlando, it's going to be tough. For the conference, I have 11 possible playoff teams (Ind, Mia, Det, Mil, Bos, Clev, Orl, NY, NJ, Phil, Tor.)
Don''t sleep!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/19/2004  3:21 PM
Posted by deebo:
Posted by MaTT4281:

The division is up in the air too. With Miami and Orlando, it's going to be tough. For the conference, I have 11 possible playoff teams (Ind, Mia, Det, Mil, Bos, Clev, Orl, NY, NJ, Phil, Tor.)

I think ur forgetting the division reallignment. We are in a new division with Boston, Philly, New Jersey, and Toronto. The winner of each division is guaranteed a top 3 seed
deebo
Member: #740
8/19/2004  3:25 PM
My bad. We should have the division then.
Don''t sleep!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/19/2004  3:55 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

this was a great comeback by the Cavs. Im not going to make any predictions about who is going to make the playoffs, BUT IMHO while I have thought otherwise I believe the Knicks are nO lock. To many teams are vastly improved.
how is this a great comback, Boozer is 3x the player this kid is,lets face it losing boozer was huge and signing some hustle player with no offense whatsoever is not a comeback..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
8/19/2004  4:51 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:

how is this a great comback, Boozer is 3x the player this kid is,lets face it losing boozer was huge and signing some hustle player with no offense whatsoever is not a comeback..

The Cavs have built a team. Big Z, Gooden, Varajao (a very nice prospect), James, Wagner, McInnis, etc... they have a nice core to build upon. They have a shot at the #4 seed, without question.
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
8/19/2004  5:02 PM
Posted by Solace:

[They have a shot at the #4 seed, without question.

The #4 seed will most likely go to whichever team dosen't win the Central, either Detroit or Indy
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
8/19/2004  5:05 PM
Posted by CTKnicksfan:
Posted by Solace:

[They have a shot at the #4 seed, without question.

The #4 seed will most likely go to whichever team dosen't win the Central, either Detroit or Indy

Agggh, caught me on a technicality, you sneaky b*******. Let me rephrase: they have a shot at the fourth best record in the east. Better?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/19/2004  5:51 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:

The Cavs have built a team. Big Z, Gooden, Varajao (a very nice prospect), James, Wagner, McInnis, etc... they have a nice core to build upon. They have a shot at the #4 seed, without question.
I'd rather have Boozer, but they recovered fairly decently from their mess up with him
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/19/2004  11:16 PM
you don't lose your best rebounder and possibly your best bigman and say that you're vastly improved. paxson did a good recovery job but the cavs are NOT improved by losing boozer. they'll go only as far as lebron improves this year - that's it.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/20/2004  12:41 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

you don't lose your best rebounder and possibly your best bigman and say that you're vastly improved. paxson did a good recovery job but the cavs are NOT improved by losing boozer. they'll go only as far as lebron improves this year - that's it.

exactly my point and really has anyone seen this varejo kid play? It's funny the knicks get a proven talent like marbury and crawford and we are a 8th seed, the cavs lose their second best player on that team and replace him with Drew gooden and a kid who no one has seen play and they are vastly improved... I swear sometimes the thinking on this board..................
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/20/2004  1:57 AM
I agree with all of y'all who think Boozer is a huge loss. As they've mentioned in the Olympics, he's been a role player (2nd or 3rd option) since his days @ Duke, and I think it has prepared him well for the NBA. I think the fact that their teams are always loaded with NBA caliber talent helps--- they learn how to play a team game.

Gooden was great in the playoffs vs Big Ben two years ago--- who knows what happened to his game and his confidence this past season.

In all, I think a year of experience will do a lot of good for Lebron. With Eric Snow handling the PG efficiently, it should free him up for greater things. They're almost definitely going to be a .500+ team... how good? Well, the more I look at Indiana, I wonder how they managed to have such a fantastic record behind two low FG% scorers (O'Neal/Artest)...
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/20/2004  1:59 AM
BTW, I won't put too much clout in VJ--- he's pulled out of a number of drafts in the past, and even now, didn't manage to get into the first round.

Also, it's getting closer to official--- Dajuan Wagner looks like he might be a bust. This summer, his first "full" summer league, he failed to impress.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Cavs sign Verajo to 3 year 1.6mm$

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy