[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

for any of you guys who dabble in the stock market
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/19/2004  12:42 PM
buy a few hundred shares of a stock named lightpath ticker symbol LPTH. it s trading around 5.00 or so. I wont get into it in but lets say ive worked in the securities field for 10+ years and Im retired at 35 VERY comfortably. I wouldnt give any tip--i havent since ive been posting here for 2+ years but imho this thing will be trading at 50 next year. I personally have acquired 14,750 shares over the last 3 weeks on a nice tip:>)

Cheer$
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
8/19/2004  12:59 PM
In all honesty, I don't dabble in the stock market, but I've always been very tempted to start. Any tips for how to get started?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/19/2004  1:15 PM
BRIGGS, I have a personal question. Contact me at info@ultimateknicks.com ?

thanks - martin
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/19/2004  2:22 PM
Posted by Solace:

In all honesty, I don't dabble in the stock market, but I've always been very tempted to start. Any tips for how to get started?

hey Solace, i have no clue when it comes to stocks either, but it's easy to get started...just open up an account w/an online brokerage...i have an account at Ameritrade (originally used to be Datek Online but they got bought out)...i think there's a small minimum investment depending on what service you use...then they charge a small fee per transaction you make...& that's all there is to it...you decide which stocks to invest in depending on your own research, or you can get tips from the stock experts on the sites themselves.

but don't take any investment tips from me cuz i've turned a $3K initial investment into about $400.

btw, thanks for the stock tip BRIGGS.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/19/2004  5:58 PM
just an FYI (& not trying to say BRIGGS is BSing anyone here - again, i appreciate the stock tip BRIGGS), but i asked a good friend of mine who's a stock broker himself & is pretty knowledgeable on this stuff about this stock, & he seems to be of the mind that considering the current market conditions, it would be highly unlikely to almost impossible for this stock to reach 50 by next year...you guys can take that for what it's worth...i'm certainly no expert so i wouldn't know either way...i'm sure BRIGGS wouldn't have posted this tip if he wasn't confident on his own info either.

good luck to anyone who buys into this stock...remember the little people when you make your first million!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
8/30/2004  7:34 AM
Im no financial wiz( I did stay at a holiday in express )but I have had some luck at picking out emerging technologies that have become very profitable. Unfortunately I didnt put my money where my mouth is as much as I should and still have to work.I do know that you guys should look into nano-technology companies as a long term investment.Ask the experts to be sure of course but I believe it will be something worth investing in.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/30/2004  8:25 PM
Pumping and dumping on the old UltimateKnicks.com

For a 10 banger to happen, nobody can see it happen. Got to get in first.
for any of you guys who dabble in the stock market

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy