Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/21/2004  8:21 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by MaTT4281:

If Houston comes back 100%? Ya, I'll agree with roja, 50 wins is right there.
My prediction right now, 47-35.
The crack you guys are smoking, is it from Columbia?
Yeah, I agree; the Knicks should win far more games then that. I don't know what they're smoking, but I'm glad you agree with me.
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
8/21/2004  2:19 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Ok,lets say that we really luck out and Houston comes back close to 100%.TT comes back on a mission to shake the bad rep he got last season.Baker's surgery and sobriety breathes new life into his game,Crawford picks up his FG pct,Sweetney comes back and starts playing like a monster,JYD sets the tone with his all out style of play,Nazr has a 9\9 season.

With this scenario,however far fetched(I dont believe it is,unlikely maybe) how far do you think the Knicks could go?

i'd say the absolute highest they could go if EVERY chip fell in place & they all had a great season next year is to the Eastern Conference Finals...even then, i don't think they would be a better team than DET or IND, or even MIA...the Knicks just don't have the players to win a title just yet...but it's a work in progress...everyone needs to realize that & be patient.

I respectfully disagree. Yes, DET had a great year last year
and surprised everyone. But their talent is not so unbelievable
that they are guarranteed to do it again. Somebody goes down,
or something happens to their chemistry, and their a mediocre team.

Indiannapolis, I may be wrong, but I never really was all that
impressed. Not a team that can't be beat.

Miami, well they are a big question mark. How much can Shaq
shoulder by himself in the front line? Can he stay healthy?
Nothing is certain.

So, IF (big IF) the chips fell just right for the Knicks,
no telling what could happen. 1999?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/21/2004  10:11 PM
I dont want a 1999. I want a 1973
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
8/21/2004  11:28 PM
Posted by Nixhead:

The best case scenario would also include season ending injuries to Shaq and Jermain O'Neal and Ben Wallace. Then if everything goes right for the Knicks like Baker back to his old 20-10 form, Houston explosive once again, Penny playing like he was 23, Crawford averaging 20ppg off the bench, Sweetney with a league high 11 boards off the bench and Kurt Thomas playing like he did in college - leading the league in points and boards then the Knicks might get past the 1st round.

Hahahahaha. Minus Shaq, O'Neal, and Wallace; those best case Knicks would not have so many challenges every night in the playoffs.
http://allknicks.com
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
8/22/2004  3:59 AM
It's interesting how no one seems to rate Indiana highly, despite having finished w/ the best record in the NBA and very solid record against the west. On paper, they only have two good player (O'Neal & Artest)-- the rest of them are just journeymen. Their coach (Carlisle) certainly had them playing better than the sum of their parts in the regular season. I'm not sure how Stephen Jackson (instead of Al Harrington) will impact the team. Certainly it'll expedite the end of Reggie Miller as a regular in the rotation.

In all, I don't see them getting significantly worse next season. They should still battle for control in the central-- and 55-60 wins shouldn't be too out of the question.

Where do the Knicks stand?
Balance will need to be the key to this team. This Knicks team will likely sport around 6 double-figure scorers (Houston, Marbury, TT, Crawford, KT, Sweetney)-- if we didn't, I'd be disappointed.

Some estimates:
Marbury 18ppg
Crawford 14ppg
TT 13ppg
Houston 13ppg
Sweetney 10ppg
KT 10ppg

At these scoring levels, this would already account for 78ppg. Figure 7ppg from Baker, 6ppg from Nazr... and 5ppg from JYD/Shandon/Moochie. That leaves our scoring around 96ppg-- but you expect this team to get up and down the court a lot.

With Crawford & Marbury in the backcourt, I think TT will have a hard time getting the ball enough to put up the career numbers we'd like to see. He'll also get competition for the ball inside from Sweetney. I'd put money down that he breaks the 5.0 barrier in rebounds, but also believe he won't break 15ppg.

If Wilkens is the coach, I think we're looking at 42-47 wins, 4th-6th seed. If we can get a different coach (with the initials PJ), we're looking at a 47-53 win season, 3rd/4th seed.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Best case scenario

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy