[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

gasp...the spin doctor agrees with briggs & islesfan (armaggedon is upon us)
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/20/2004  11:21 AM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Show me where he said he was *wondering whether I* would take a small sample and make a projection. You can't just keep making these things up!

Solace: "Anyway, my main point was that it was a small sample, and likely too small to make a fair judgement."

Seems to me that he's saying that it's unreasonable to take such a small sample and make any type of judgement about how he would do next year, assuming he has his alcoholism under control. If that's not what Solace was saying there then I apologize to Solace for taking his words out of context.
No, you made a very specific claim that "Solace was also wondering whether or not you were really that foolish to take that small of a sample and make any type of projection from it."
Although Solace expressed his own view, I see nothing explicit in his statement indicating that he was wondering about *anything* regarding *my* view. He didn't even ask me my view.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/20/2004 11:22:31]
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
8/20/2004  11:33 AM
You're right, I was wrong for trying to speak for Solace. My apologies to you and him for doing that. I was the one wondering if you were really that foolish to take that small of a sample and make any type of projection from it. Although I do think that from his posts, Solace thought it was unreasonable to do that.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/20/2004  11:38 AM
Posted by islesfan:

You're right, I was wrong for trying to speak for Solace. My apologies to you and him for doing that. I was the one wondering if you were really that foolish to take that small of a sample and make any type of projection from it. Although I do think that from his posts, Solace thought it was unreasonable to do that.

No problem. And if you want to know my opinion, I have no idea how Baker will do next year, but I do expect the heart surgery to help him. (You wouldn't have surgery if you didn't think it would help you.) My guess is that because this Knicks team has many more scoring options than the Celtics' team had last season, Baker won't average 15 PPG (unless he miraculously recovers to the point where he plays like he did back on the Bucks and Sonics). I think he can be excellent at drawing double teams down low and getting open shots for other players. I think that makes him a great gamble for just a fraction of the MLE.
gasp...the spin doctor agrees with briggs & islesfan (armaggedon is upon us)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy