[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NY Post: ISIAH MAY WANT CARTER TO TEAM UP WITH BAKER
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/20/2004  4:44 PM
I would say VC... but the only reason is I know I could turn around and trade him in a heartbeat (which is the only reason I would want him).

In the last 2-3 years Vince has fallen in love w/ that jumpshot. The air canada attack the rim VC is a thing of the past. Havent we learned our lesson about stars w/ knee injuries?

at 27 and having recieved a fair amount of critisism TT is coming into a make or break year. I know he's spent the offseason boxing and building his upper body strength because Lenny wants him in the post more. He's got two years left on his deal. Lets see what he's got and what he does. He's fast and contrary to what Briggs thinks he's highly skilled and a bigtime athlete at 6'10 230
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/20/2004  4:59 PM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by rojasmas:

I agree wholeheartedly about not needing 3 guys who dominate the ball. Carter just doesn't fit, as Antoine Walker didn't fit. So give up the pipedream.

My question was would you rather have TT or VC.
If you say TT, I have to say your crazy.

Crazy? Nah, you mean "GAZY"! LOL
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
8/20/2004  5:03 PM
Posted by fishmike:

...He's got two years left on his deal. Lets see what he's got and what he does.

Agreed, and if we had a pool running, I bet big money that he
never does anything more than what he's shown already.
Posted by fishmike:

He's fast and contrary to what Briggs thinks he's highly skilled and a bigtime athlete at 6'10 230

Why do you say that? I agree with Briggs. He's all talk.
Show me the freakin' goods!
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
8/20/2004  6:23 PM
There is no way in hell I am crazy for saying I prefer TT in our current rotation over Carter. Carter is a 6'6" SG whom has been playing out of position. TT is a 6'10" true SF whom will nicely complement a healthy Houston or Crawfford and Marburry in the back court, and moreover will nicely complement our too short front line with his length. The hell with Vince at this point. Again, I would only trade for Vince if and only if Toronto will agree to take Houston. Carter's game is ineffective if his legs aren't right, and you know it. Carter will never grow to be as tall as TT is right now. Learn to utilize your assets instead of trading them for showboating.

Posted by Panos:
Posted by fishmike:

...He's got two years left on his deal. Lets see what he's got and what he does.

Posted by fishmike:

He's fast and contrary to what Briggs thinks he's highly skilled and a bigtime athlete at 6'10 230

The true Knickabocker..........
Panos
Member: #520
8/20/2004  6:35 PM
Posted by diderotn:

There is no way in hell I am crazy for saying I prefer TT in our current rotation over Carter. Carter is a 6'6" SG whom has been playing out of position. TT is a 6'10" true SF whom will nicely complement a healthy Houston or Crawfford and Marburry in the back court, and moreover will nicely complement our too short front line with his length. The hell with Vince at this point. Again, I would only trade for Vince if and only if Toronto will agree to take Houston. Carter's game is ineffective if his legs aren't right, and you know it. Carter will never grow to be as tall as TT is right now. Learn to utilize your assets instead of trading them for showboating.

Posted by Panos:
Posted by fishmike:

Posted by fishmike:

TT should learn to utilize his assets. He's a punk big mouth
who has never lived up to the hype.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
8/20/2004  6:40 PM
So is Carter, Houston, TMack, etc. Give the man a chance. He can provide the same highlights that Vince Carter was once capable of providing. The kid has yet to play 30 games as a Knick, slow your roll. After all, he didn't do so bad in the games that he played. In fact at one point he was our MVP. The Nets got smart and took him out of the series.

Posted by Panos:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by Panos:
Posted by fishmike:

Posted by fishmike:

TT should learn to utilize his assets. He's a punk big mouth
who has never lived up to the hype.
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/20/2004  7:05 PM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by rojasmas:

I agree wholeheartedly about not needing 3 guys who dominate the ball. Carter just doesn't fit, as Antoine Walker didn't fit. So give up the pipedream.

My question was would you rather have TT or VC.
If you say TT, I have to say your crazy.
It's not crazy to pick the less talented player who fits the roster better.
rojasmas
Member: #639
8/21/2004  7:13 PM
Call me loco.... I prefer TT over VC because of team unity, VC needing 20 shots a game which would deflate Marbury's ego, and VC not ever carrying a team even in his best years. And his best years seem to be well behind him. TT, on the other hand, seems ready to get about 18 and 7 which ain't bad. And he complements his teammates much better.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/21/2004  8:54 PM
Hahaha. TT has NEVER averaged over 5 rpg in a season. Last year he averaged 15.8ppg/4.8rpg in 31mpg as a Knick. The man has been primed for a breakout season for... oh... well, I guess he's been primed his entire year. They traded away practically the whole Milwaukee team to feature him on offense and he responded w/ 14.1ppg, albeit with the highest assist average of his career (2.1apg).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3170

Carter's best days may be behind him... but even this "lesser" Carter is more of an established player than Tim Thomas. Both of these players are 27, with Carter merely a month older. Why is it that TT has all of this upside (he's not as athletic as he was 5 years ago either!) when Carter is already making adjustments to his game?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3248

Anyway, this topic has already been covered to death here, I already stated my case months ago.

To say that TT "fits" the Knicks better is a funny statement. I don't know if he fits in. I'm still a bit confused about TT is capable of; I don't think he even knows. He has never done ANYTHING in his career with any consistency for anyone to know.

We do know that Carter in the past was/is an exceptional scorer, capable of carrying a team on his back for stretches. We also know that he's a pretty good all-around player, with decent rebounding/assists for his position.

Anyway... just how many players hit 27, then suddenly make the leap from solid starter to All-NBA level? Hmm... Maybe Billups? Big Ben? In the 2000-2001, at age 26, he was already averaging 6.4ppg/13.2rpg w/ the Pistons. However, as early as the 1998-1999 season, he was already averaging 8.4rpg in 27 mpg with Washington (at age 24). He showed some signs several years before becoming the rock he is today.

I think it might be a bit much to expect that level of improvement from Thomas. I for one would be very surprised by that leap--- he's never been more than an okay complementary player. He hasn't even broken into the "borderline all-star" category yet.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
8/21/2004  10:13 PM
Posted by technomaster:

Carter's best days may be behind him... but even this "lesser" Carter is more of an established player than Tim Thomas. Both of these players are 27, with Carter merely a month older. Why is it that TT has all of this upside (he's not as athletic as he was 5 years ago either!) when Carter is already making adjustments to his game?
goos post
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/21/2004  10:33 PM
he hasn't been as injured as Carter...but dont get me wrong i'd take Carter
colorfl1
Member: #731
Canada
8/22/2004  4:31 PM
Carter is a premadonna.
He is a defensive liability and he hates L. Wilkins.
I would not take him unless he came real cheap. (a.k.a. - not going to happen, Babco*k is not an idiot.)
NY Post: ISIAH MAY WANT CARTER TO TEAM UP WITH BAKER

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy