NY Post: ISIAH MAY WANT CARTER TO TEAM UP WITH BAKER
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
8/19/2004  10:49 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

I agree with those who think that Isiah is just trying to keep the Knicks in the headlines.It wont get us Carter but trying to market the Knicks around the league as a "player" isnt a bad idea.Better that then Layden hiding from the press in his fortress of ineptitude.

I sort of disagree....I think the NY Post is trying to keep Carter in the headlines. Isiah cannot comment on Carter at all. The only thing keeping this story going is the papers constantly asking Isiah about Vince.

You are right Andrew that the press makes alot of this stuff up but Isiah plays along and mentions in the article that he can be very creative and he pretty much has carte blanche to go out and make deals,so in not flat out refuting the rumours he leaves the door open which feeds the press's appetite even more for stories about players like Carter and keeps the Knicks in the headlines.The only rumour he has shut down is any mention of marbury in a trade.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/19/2004  11:11 AM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by fishmike:

no.. lots of people dont like Isiah and even more still hate the Knicks. Heck, one of the guys on ESPN radio yesterday said the Knicks wouldnt even be .500

That's nice but Benigno and those callers said they liked what Isiah has done with the Knicks so far but thought he was being ridiculous to suggest that things are so much better here that top players are considering coming here for a lot less than market value.

Ok... so this gets an even bigger WHO CARES. So what your point is all these people your quoting like what he's done w/ the team but he said something dumb?

Imagine caring... I dont follow the Knicks to see what the GM says, I follow them to see what the GM puts on the floor. So far we are younger, more explosive and more future oriented.

As dumb as Layden was I never cared about his stupid sayings either, I cared that our win now team featured KVH, Eisley, McDyess and KT as starters.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
8/19/2004  11:14 AM
So you agree, what Isiah is saying here is pretty dumb. And who said we couldn't agree on anything.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
deebo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #740
8/19/2004  11:22 AM
This is good publicity for the NYK. With names like Carter, Dampier, Crawford, and A. Walker in the same sentence as NYK this may lure other players to have interest in the organization. Like many players have said, it's good to be wanted by one of the greatest 50 players of all time. Making it public will not hurt us at all.
Don''t sleep!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
Posted by islesfan:

So you agree, what Isiah is saying here is pretty dumb. And who said we couldn't agree on anything.

you just don't get it, IT said he wanted to be younger and more athletic and build for the future... We are now younger, more athletic, more talented and have young talent for the future, TT, Marbs, crawford, ariza, sweetney, nazr.... That is the truth...

Now what is dumb is the constant attacks on IT with nothing to back them up besides personal feelings....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
USA
its dumb until it happens.

Briggs said it best once... Isiah is a used car salesman, and there he's just spouting. He's just trying to keep a buzz about MSG and the Knicks.
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/19/2004  11:30 AM
Posted by fishmike:

its dumb until it happens.

Briggs said it best once... Isiah is a used car salesman, and there he's just spouting. He's just trying to keep a buzz about MSG and the Knicks.

looks like its working, look at all the talk 1 article about nothing has done.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/19/2004  12:58 PM
I tend to think Damps was serious about possibly signing here for the MLE- it might have been a last option for him.

If Dallas didn't come through and there were no other S&T options, he would have had only the MLE available to him. That he would have picked NY over other MLE options says something.

Sure, its not much- but at least other teams players are thinking- wow, Isiah is doing some nice things there.

better than Layden.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/19/2004  1:14 PM
Carter = Bad for Knicks. I am not interested in him.

I agree with fishmike though. I too don't care what Isiah says. It's all the same stuff anyway. I would much rather here what the players have to say what they are doing this Summer, like you said a while back, Fishmike.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fishmike
USA
8/19/2004  1:44 PM
before Dal stepped in I think we had a good shot at Dampier. He obviously didnt want the $$ Atlanta was going to give him which left us or wait for a team to step up with a big offer. Dallas gave up a lot but were in position to do so.

Good for them.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
8/19/2004  2:44 PM
That's nice but Benigno and those callers said they liked what Isiah has done with the Knicks so far but thought he was being ridiculous to suggest that things are so much better here that top players are considering coming here for a lot less than market value.

Didn't Dampier say he would consider coming here for the mid level??? And before the trade of Sheed to Pistons did Sheed say he would seriously consider comming here for the mid level??? I don't think Isiah ever said he expected those things to happen. If he did he wouldn't have tried to trade for Sheed hard before the deadline and he wouldn't have tried to trade for Dampier hard during the deadling and all offseason. If he truly felt he was going to land either for less that market value. Did he also say he had less than zero % chance of landing Kobe or Shaq.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/20/2004  1:50 AM
Heh... lots of players "consider" the MLE... then all of their family and friends tell them, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?!?!"... then they think, "geez, maybe *insert team here* has a better chance & can pay me the big bucks"...

Dallas, with superstar big man Dirk Nowitzki, will make it easy for Dampier to concentrate on the things he's good at and give him the financial security he needs. With the Knicks, he'd have had to have filled the role of, "the best Knicks center since Patrick Ewing"... and those are the proverbial big shoes he'd have to fill (nevermind the fact that Ewing only wore size 12's)...

Funny thing about everything is that 1) Vince has never publicly stated a preference to go to NY. 2) No one in the Knicks organization has publically stated a desire to get Carter. He's a signed player--- and if either party mentions to the media a mutual interest, they'd be penalized for tampering...
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
rojasmas
Member: #639
8/20/2004  3:23 PM
Who cares that we didn't get Dampier. Troy Murphy is better than him anyhow as Golden State agrees. Vince Carter is too much of a risk to even consider parting with the likes of Tim Thomas or Sweetney let alone Marbury.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
8/20/2004  3:41 PM
To all the fans who want to see Carter in a Knick Unis, you only want him here because of high-lights. This dude has yet to prove that he can play team ball, until then, he is and will always be a show-boat.
The true Knickabocker..........
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
8/20/2004  4:02 PM
Posted by diderotn:

To all the fans who want to see Carter in a Knick Unis, you only want him here because of high-lights. This dude has yet to prove that he can play team ball, until then, he is and will always be a show-boat.

I love this! This from a guy who loves TT!
Carter has 2.5 times the assists and just as many rebounds
even tho he's 4 inches shorter. And he plays better defense.
That PLUS 8 points more a game!

[Edited by - panos on 08/20/2004 16:07:52]
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
8/20/2004  4:17 PM
TT is far better than Vince Carter in our system for the moment. #1 he and coach Wilkens are not on the same page. He disrespected Lenny and even got him fired. TT is a new comer and still has an excellent chance at becoming greater than showboat Carter. Carter's injuries will strongly diminishe his effectiveness as an athlete. However, I wouldn't be objective from trading Houston for Carter.

Posted by Panos:
Posted by diderotn:

The true Knickabocker..........
Panos
8/20/2004  4:22 PM
Posted by diderotn:

TT is far better than Vince Carter in our system for the moment. #1 he and coach Wilkens are not on the same page. He disrespected Lenny and even got him fired. TT is a new comer and still has an excellent chance at becoming greater than showboat Carter. Carter's injuries will strongly diminishe his effectiveness as an athlete. However, I wouldn't be objective from trading Houston for Carter.

Posted by Panos:
Posted by diderotn:

Are you saying you wouldn't trade TT for VC straight up
ignoring any financial trade restrictions?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/20/2004  4:25 PM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by Panos:
Posted by diderotn:

Are you saying you wouldn't trade TT for VC straight up
ignoring any financial trade restrictions?
We don't need THREE players on this team who dominate the ball on offense. It's enough of a challenge with two (Marbury and Crawford). The only reason I'd want Carter is to trade him
rojasmas
Member: #639
8/20/2004  4:30 PM
I agree wholeheartedly about not needing 3 guys who dominate the ball. Carter just doesn't fit, as Antoine Walker didn't fit. So give up the pipedream.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Panos
8/20/2004  4:37 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

I agree wholeheartedly about not needing 3 guys who dominate the ball. Carter just doesn't fit, as Antoine Walker didn't fit. So give up the pipedream.

My question was would you rather have TT or VC.
If you say TT, I have to say your crazy.
NY Post: ISIAH MAY WANT CARTER TO TEAM UP WITH BAKER

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy