[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bummed out about the Knicks
Author Thread
knickgeek
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #46
USA
12/31/2001  11:08 AM
Over the last couple of years the Knicks have been erratic, but not like this. Used to be they would "play down" to the level of their opponents as Clyde says. Now they are "playing underneath" their opponents.

The game I remember, that epitomized the Knicks I used to know, was down in Miami the year Spree and Camby came to the team. I think it was in the third or maybe the fourth quarter, and the Knicks were down like 20 points. The fans started chanting "New York Sucks! New York Sucks!" Then Spree went off and the Knicks went on to win the game.

I doubt anyone will chant "New York Sucks!" for a while after September 11, but we need something like that to wake up this team. Because whatever you want to say about the players, they can do better than this.
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/31/2001  1:04 PM
They need to loosen up.

They seem to tighten up afraid of loosing instead of continueing the style of play that got the lead in the first place.

I just feel sorry for the duck
prowler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #135
USA
12/31/2001  8:59 PM
Bummed out is not the exact sentiment I would use but i guess it has to work for now. I have actually become accustomed to losing how sad and pathetic is that. When we get hot early and get big leads i dont get excited because I feel like Ms Cleo and know what is going to happen before it happens. Our team besides lacking in superstars lack guts and heart something the Knicks were known for. Dont know how we lost it maybe it could have been from losing players like Oakley, Ewing, LJ and Starks. We may have gotten a good whoopin from teams like the Bulls but it damn sure wasnt easy. We had a swagger back then there was still a little left in our magical run to the finals. Where did it go? That is the big question. Is LJ interested in taking up some kind of assistants job with the team it has to be good to have a guy of his character around the team. Okay it established that we have a problem. Maybe it stems from personell or coaching what ever it is ,it exisists, now what do we do. I think we should continue to explore trade possibilities in the main time. Rotation adjustments is also an option it seems like there is no gas left in the tank coming down the sretch. I thought that in the game with orlando coach took too long to bring the big guys back in, he stayed with that four guard squad for to long. Shandon Anderson isnt giving us anything not even defensively it is like he is stuck in the dulldrums. I think he is gonna get better as soon as he adjusts but maybe it is time to give Lovar a shot what the hell we got nothin' to lose.

Still the #1 Knick Fan in the Bahamas
knicker for life
Bummed out about the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy