[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Donovan Mitchell
Author Thread
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/26/2017  8:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
dacash wrote:this is where a team like portland comes into play, if something healthy can be done with them

EXACTLY. They're prime target for sure. They're just sitting on picks they don't need or want to use.

thing is what do we have that they want or need?
unless we can take one of their over priced guys away with a pick or two but for whom?

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
5/26/2017  9:11 PM
dacash wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dacash wrote:this is where a team like portland comes into play, if something healthy can be done with them

EXACTLY. They're prime target for sure. They're just sitting on picks they don't need or want to use.

unless we can take one of their over priced guys away with a pick or two but for whom?

Heck they could do a pick for future pick trade. They keep the asset in reserve and don't have to deal with it this year.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

5/26/2017  9:34 PM
We need to find a way to trade up for Josh Jackson and then get a second 1st rounder to pick Mitchell. We'd be golden with those two on the perimeter.
NardDogNation

5/26/2017  9:35 PM
nixluva wrote:
dacash wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Heck they could do a pick for future pick trade. They keep the asset in reserve and don't have to deal with it this year.

You honestly think it's a good idea for a rebuilding team to give up future picks?

NardDogNation

5/26/2017  9:37 PM
dacash wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Move Melo for the best offer possible (probably LAC, who might need to make a splash to keep CP3).
Then pursue a trade that allows the Blazers to dump Evan Turner and a pick for a trade exception. Mitchell is slated to go in the 20s and the Blazers have two in that range.

NardDogNation

5/26/2017  9:37 PM
dacash wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Move Melo for the best offer possible (probably LAC, who might need to make a splash to keep CP3).
Then pursue a trade that allows the Blazers to dump Evan Turner and a pick for a trade exception. Mitchell is slated to go in the 20s and the Blazers have two in that range.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/26/2017  11:04 PM
The more I look at mitchell the more I see a Shumpert, Rozier, or Smart. The wingspan is great on d but it doesn't translate into great percentages on offense and his attack mentality doesn't show up at the line.

Honestly, I'd rather wait and pick up Josh Hart and see if he can handle the point in a Brogdon role.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/26/2017  11:14 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:The more I look at mitchell the more I see a Shumpert, Rozier, or Smart. The wingspan is great on d but it doesn't translate into great percentages on offense and his attack mentality doesn't show up at the line.

Honestly, I'd rather wait and pick up Josh Hart and see if he can handle the point in a Brogdon role.

Smart has crept up in my mind a couple times I can't lie.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

5/26/2017  11:28 PM
After watching a lot of film smart isn't the athlete that Mitchell is, Mitchell might have the most explosive first step in the draft. I see more of a lillard, wade in Donovan. A prolific scorer with great defense ability ... i Find it hard to believe he's not being mentioned in the top 10 .
fitzfarm

5/26/2017  11:35 PM
fitzfarm

5/26/2017  11:39 PM
fitzfarm

5/26/2017  11:43 PM
fitzfarm

5/26/2017  11:45 PM
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/27/2017  12:09 AM
fitzfarm wrote:After watching a lot of film smart isn't the athlete that Mitchell is, Mitchell might have the most explosive first step in the draft. I see more of a lillard, wade in Donovan. A prolific scorer with great defense ability ... i Find it hard to believe he's not being mentioned in the top 10 .

Went back to watch the tape again and there was like 20 highlights of him nailing 3s off the dribble. His shooting is way more advanced the Smart. His form is beautiful.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/27/2017  8:27 AM
damn i know its just highlights and even my fat ass looks good in highlights but he looks nice
dont know how to post stuff here but this is his draftexpress page dated 19th of may weaknesses included

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Donovan-Mitchell-84680/

NardDogNation

5/27/2017  6:28 PM
dacash wrote:damn i know its just highlights and even my fat ass looks good in highlights but he looks nice
dont know how to post stuff here but this is his draftexpress page dated 19th of may weaknesses included

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Donovan-Mitchell-84680/

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/28/2017  12:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/28/2017  12:44 PM
Watched some clips of Mitchell. Kind of reminds me of Jamal Crawford. His crossover, even using it behind the arc for a 3pt attempt like Crawford does. Looks like Mitchell plays D as well.

My concerns on offense; in spite of showing his elevation on alley-oops, Mitchell doesn't finish very high above of the ground on layups. And he looks kind of streaky.

Wouldn't have any serious reservations about the Knicks drafting Mitchell depending on who is and isn't available. Someone might slip to 8 that we didn't expect.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/28/2017  4:47 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dacash wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You honestly think it's a good idea for a rebuilding team to give up future picks?

YES! The point is to take advantage of a good draft and accelerate the rebuild! This process of rebuilding doesn't have to stretch out unnecessarily if you have identify players you believe are right. So IMO trading a pick for a future pick would help Portland since they don't want all their picks this summer. They still keep the asset for future use so they don't lose anything. For the Knicks it's a win if they bring in a 1st rd quality PG and SF this draft.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/28/2017  5:29 PM
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dacash wrote:
nixluva wrote:

YES! The point is to take advantage of a good draft and accelerate the rebuild! This process of rebuilding doesn't have to stretch out unnecessarily if you have identify players you believe are right. So IMO trading a pick for a future pick would help Portland since they don't want all their picks this summer. They still keep the asset for future use so they don't lose anything. For the Knicks it's a win if they bring in a 1st rd quality PG and SF this draft.

I think the Knicks need to keep their picks. I would be shocked if the Knicks are anything but a high lottery team for at least the next two years.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NardDogNation

5/28/2017  6:23 PM
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dacash wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The Blazers are not even a lottery team and seem to be on an upward trajectory. I don't think it is smart business to give up what will certainly be a high lottery pick in the next few years for a pick this year that will be no better than 15th.

Donovan Mitchell

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy