[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

One of these guys should be available to us.......which do you like?

Author Poll
Nalod
Member: #508
USA
One of these guys will be available. Of the likely to be around (Monk, Smith, Frank, or Lauri Makkenan)

Im having a hard time picking as I do believe we should go for the best player avilable.

This kid is not in most knick conversations but he is compelling as Unicorn.2!
At 7 foot he is more Kaminsky than KP but more fluid. He does not have the instincts of KP, but he is a bonafide stretch 4. He moves like a baskeball player but lacks quickness. On the other hand he is 7 foot tall. They don't look that quick unless your Hakeem the Dream!

Is he the best player at 8 at that time? If so, does he give us options?
I've been high on Issac for a while, but he is creeping up the board. I don't know who is dropping. Smith is compelling but his knee is bothersome. Might be because of the hangover left from Rose, but an attacking guard is what Phil wants.

Who is your likely pick?

Tatum
Josh Jax
De'Aaron Fox
Dennis Smith
Isaac
Monk
Lauri Makkennan
Frank the Frenchman
View Results

Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/24/2017  3:22 PM
tough one. I think that Dennis Smith might be the guy. He's got such tantalizing skill set I think he's too hard to pass on. My logic for picking him is simply I think he's the guy who blows us away with a great workout. To logic or info... just a pure hunch.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

5/24/2017  3:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2017  3:25 PM
Someone is going to take this kid before 8. Particularly if they see him as a poor man porzingis w/o the defensive ability.....case in pt...PHX took Dragan Bender early last year....someone has to come down...Of the 7 teams before us...Only BOS, LA, ORL, MINN have pt guards...although LA and ORL may not be in love with theirs....I do not think Fox is going to drop unless he has some bad workouts....this kid may move up.....after porzingis everybody is going to take a chance on 7 footers that can shoot and put it on the floor...

The question is who will drop.....I say Isaac or Tatum....

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/24/2017  3:40 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:Someone is going to take this kid before 8. Particularly if they see him as a poor man porzingis w/o the defensive ability.....case in pt...PHX took Dragan Bender early last year....someone has to come down...Of the 7 teams before us...Only BOS, LA, ORL, MINN have pt guards...although LA and ORL may not be in love with theirs....I do not think Fox is going to drop unless he has some bad workouts....this kid may move up.....after porzingis everybody is going to take a chance on 7 footers that can shoot and put it on the floor...

The question is who will drop.....I say Isaac or Tatum....

Not Tatum. He's right up there with the top 3. No way he slides. Phili could take Monk. Sota could take LM.. that would push a couple guys down... it will be interesting
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/24/2017  3:46 PM
Jonathan Isaac would be heaven sent.
mendoza1906
Member: #6464

5/24/2017  7:47 PM
Markaanan based off his production this past season in the NCAA is primed as one of the best big man shooters, which I agree with. But.... Zach Collins in my opinion is WAYYYYYYYYY better than Markannan. Zach Collins is younger, is more athletic, better rebounder, higher basketball IQ, better defender, and better post game than Markaanan. Sure you can say that Markaanan has a better shot than Zach Collins but I feel that Zach Collins has the ability to be just as good as a shooter than him.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
5/24/2017  8:38 PM
I go with 1) Smith/ 2) Isaac. I've been against Monk, because his ball handling is so behind the curve at this stage. But, if he can figure that out, his potential offensively is higher than anyone in the draft - best standstill first step and jump. Problem is he can't really take the ball with him at this point. And he needs to be paired with a defensive utility guard who can run the point.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/25/2017  4:06 AM
mendoza1906 wrote:Markaanan based off his production this past season in the NCAA is primed as one of the best big man shooters, which I agree with. But.... Zach Collins in my opinion is WAYYYYYYYYY better than Markannan. Zach Collins is younger, is more athletic, better rebounder, higher basketball IQ, better defender, and better post game than Markaanan. Sure you can say that Markaanan has a better shot than Zach Collins but I feel that Zach Collins has the ability to be just as good as a shooter than him.

I've heard a few people speak highly of Collins - why is he kind of being overlooked?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
5/25/2017  8:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2017  8:49 AM
smackeddog wrote:
mendoza1906 wrote:Markaanan based off his production this past season in the NCAA is primed as one of the best big man shooters, which I agree with. But.... Zach Collins in my opinion is WAYYYYYYYYY better than Markannan. Zach Collins is younger, is more athletic, better rebounder, higher basketball IQ, better defender, and better post game than Markaanan. Sure you can say that Markaanan has a better shot than Zach Collins but I feel that Zach Collins has the ability to be just as good as a shooter than him.

I've heard a few people speak highly of Collins - why is he kind of being overlooked?

Collins has some nice moments in the tournament but to me he looked out muscled in the paint badly.
I was surprised he went into the draft given his physical state at his young age.
But, its their dream and if you can be assured a top 10 spot one should seize the chance.

Im did not pick Markannen as my choice but the kid is interesting. Be an aryan wet dream team if paired with KP.
https://theknickswall.com/buying-or-selling-on-lauris-stock-markket-26de748199f3

Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/25/2017  9:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2017  9:44 AM
Lauri Makkennan is more Steve Novak 2.0...great outside shot but not lottery pick material if you ask me.

I'm on the fence on J.Isaac. I didn't see anything special from him and, defensively, a liability. Xavier Rathan-Mayes stood out more.

I think D.Smith is the way I would go (if available and because I don't think Monk or Fox will be gone by eight)but I have to admit that ACL injury does worry me.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

5/25/2017  9:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2017  10:00 AM
Obviously Ball, Fultz, Jackson are all off the board top 3.
Looks like most anticipate Fox and Tatum in the top 6.
Can't see Isaac fall either, unless he tanks work outs. So much talent there.

Leaves us looking at possible at 3 guards -
Dennis Smith Jr
Malik Monk
Frank Ntilinkina

I think we are drafting one of these 3 guards if all remains the same.

I am ok with any of the 3, I fully believe it's not as much about who is the best right now, it's about who is the best fit and player you think will work hard in your program and will reach his ceiling.

Even players like Smith, Monk, Frank, they all have good ceilings. It's about who you think will reach it. KP wasn't the best player in the draft or even the second best. Actually on draft day, he may have been the 7th or 8th best player in the draft. But he was a really hard worker, someone who was competitive and intense. He was on a mission, and still is, depsite the negative stuff going on. You want to find the player between Monk/Frank/Smith who has that desire to be great, the work ethic and all that. I think this is where Phil really knows his stuff. I trust the front office on one thing, and that's who they scout and get. They know the right guys. Not only KP. but no bodies and D league talent.

Hopefully we do the same. I'm not privvy to the same information. THe one on one work outs or the interviews.

Competitive and chemistry wise, it would be interesting to see an All-Kentucky backcourt in Rose/Monk. Two scoring guards in the Triangle who can also push the ball and drive. If we trade Melo for a defensive wing that can shoot like Crowder, we all of a sudden have a faster perimeter unit.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
5/25/2017  10:05 AM
If one of the remaining guards are the real deal, you take them. We need guards. But if because its a guard heavy draft things get interesting.
Boston needs an upgrade at forward. Crowder is a nice player, but If Fultz it he guy, they take him. If they think Issac is the guy, maybe they trade down a few spots.

At the end of the day do teams take the best player or by position? If position, then things might be interesting. its why I put Markkenan up there. Big guys are not getting love this draft.

Im sure Charlotte will take Lauri if the falls to 11. they can't refuse big white forward types!!!!

One of these guys should be available to us.......which do you like?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy