[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Never seen this guy play on TV
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/24/2017  2:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2017  2:30 AM
But this guy is an NBA player. I look at this guy's physical profile his video and stats--this guy has just as much of a chance to be really good as pick #8. I try to look at every guy--hes almost 3 years younger than Jordan Bell but hes 20 pounds heavier with a 3 point shot. The Knicks--we NEED an athletic diverse shot blocker. We NEED to improve our defense but this guy looks like he can bring that and provide good offense as well. Lottery pick body and athleticism.

6-8+245 with a 40 inch vertical and a 7-1 wingspan who avg per 40 minutes 20-11 rebounds 2.5 assists 3.5 blocks 1 steal efg 54% Only guy in the draft who avg 2.5 assists 2.5 blocks and 2 made three's per game. ONLY 20 years old
Max output games 29 points 24 rebounds 5 assists 6 blocks 3 steals 5 three point shots

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
5/24/2017  9:00 AM
You could be right...but let me ask you, when evaluating these players, do you have take into consideration the conference they are in and the opponents they were facing whenever they have these big games?

I think that's just as important when looking into a players stat history

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

5/24/2017  9:26 AM
I really like Deonte Burton

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

5/24/2017  9:28 AM
BRIGGS
5/24/2017  10:15 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:You could be right...but let me ask you, when evaluating these players, do you have take into consideration the conference they are in and the opponents they were facing whenever they have these big games?

I like to look at

6-8+245 40 inch vertical 7-1 wingspan near 40% 3 point shooter AND hes a passer rebounder shot blocker His physical size and athletic ability translates to the NBA. Hes got the nBA body and athletic ability already of a lottery pick. This is something between a dre green and Paul Millsap. Look at what we have--we have two slower bigs--we need to compliment by adding a shot blocker who can go 5-4 and play with both guys. I like Jordan Bell--but this guy is 2.5 years younger WITH a 3 point shot that is developing at nearly 40% on volume. Its either you can shoot it or you cant.

RIP Crushalot😞
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/24/2017  10:53 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:You could be right...but let me ask you, when evaluating these players, do you have take into consideration the conference they are in and the opponents they were facing whenever they have these big games?

I like to look at

6-8+245 40 inch vertical 7-1 wingspan near 40% 3 point shooter AND hes a passer rebounder shot blocker His physical size and athletic ability translates to the NBA. Hes got the nBA body and athletic ability already of a lottery pick. This is something between a dre green and Paul Millsap. Look at what we have--we have two slower bigs--we need to compliment by adding a shot blocker who can go 5-4 and play with both guys. I like Jordan Bell--but this guy is 2.5 years younger WITH a 3 point shot that is developing at nearly 40% on volume. Its either you can shoot it or you cant.

DraftEzpress has him slotted in the 2nd round - hopefully we're smart and lucky and grab him.

I agree- you can either shoot a 3pter or not.

And looking at his physical presence, he is a stud. Would love to grab him.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/24/2017  11:04 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

I like to look at

If you go off of numbers/stats then there's like 30 guys that deserve to go in the lottery. There's so much more to scouting these kids that can't be done if you're not an actual NBA scout or front office person. Every college player that's mocked anywhere in this draft has the talent needed for the NBA which is why they're being mentioned. If they didn't have talent we wouldn't know about them or see their names in mocks. The part of scouting that's most important is the interviews with teams and putting these kids on their white boards to test their basketball IQ, personality and love for the game but what nobody can scout is what's really going on between the ears. All these kids will say the right things to these scouts and front office people because their agents go over everything with them and for those that don't have agents yet, they still have people that go over this stuff with them. Watching highlight videos and game tape is great but is only half of what the real scouts and FO people do with these kids.

BRIGGS
5/24/2017  12:52 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I like to look at

If you go off of numbers/stats then there's like 30 guys that deserve to go in the lottery. There's so much more to scouting these kids that can't be done if you're not an actual NBA scout or front office person. Every college player that's mocked anywhere in this draft has the talent needed for the NBA which is why they're being mentioned. If they didn't have talent we wouldn't know about them or see their names in mocks. The part of scouting that's most important is the interviews with teams and putting these kids on their white boards to test their basketball IQ, personality and love for the game but what nobody can scout is what's really going on between the ears. All these kids will say the right things to these scouts and front office people because their agents go over everything with them and for those that don't have agents yet, they still have people that go over this stuff with them. Watching highlight videos and game tape is great but is only half of what the real scouts and FO people do with these kids.

Thats good and all but we could use an athletic shot blocker to go with KP and Willy. Jordan Bell Cam Oliver--I dont see much more than that. Swanigan is not a shot blocker. We need DEFENSE to balance the frontcourt. We can spend our lottery pick pick 58(any other pick?) and free agency $ to shore up the guard positions. He reminds me of Richaun Holmes quite a bit.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/25/2017  9:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2017  9:28 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I like to look at

Thats good and all but we could use an athletic shot blocker to go with KP and Willy. Jordan Bell Cam Oliver--I dont see much more than that. Swanigan is not a shot blocker. We need DEFENSE to balance the frontcourt. We can spend our lottery pick pick 58(any other pick?) and free agency $ to shore up the guard positions. He reminds me of Richaun Holmes quite a bit.

Well Phil has made it pretty clear that he's looking for a big SF/PF type (J.Crowder) with the types he's talking with and has been linked to so far but they're mostly big guys that can rebound and hit the 3 ball then they are shot blockers. J.Isaac would be a good one to play next to KP for some shot blocking. I'm no scout or internet scout but i really like Isaac and would love to get him at #8 but he probably won't make it there. If we could get him at #8 and get our PG in free agency/trade i'd be happy with that. J.Isaac and R.Rubio would make me happy and then take a PG or Guard at #44. Would love to get J.Evans but he won't make it to #44 either but maybe T.Dorsey or F.Mason or even better if Frank Jackson falls to #44 with the foot surgery.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/25/2017  9:43 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

I like to look at

And this is why, when it comes to the NBA draft, you always get it wrong.

Never seen this guy play on TV

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy