[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I hope they snag Christian Wood for our SL team
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/23/2017  6:47 PM
Hassan Whiteside had a similar path. I think hes a good player but needs the right place. At nearly 6-11 he can hit that side jumper that is required by the triangle--he has range out to 3--can handle go in and nout. Hes KP's hedge. Hes good one both sides of the ball--like grabbing a 22 year old senior who has nBA experience.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/23/2017  7:01 PM
Agree... there are a few guys. Knicks have done a good job getting talent worth looking at. I wonder if we see something good from Randle. I could really see him in a nice scoring role off the bench.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/23/2017  7:44 PM
We def need a big in between KP and Willie who is agile enough to effectively guard the 3 yet strong enough to guard the post.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/23/2017  9:45 PM
I hope the Knicks sign Christian wood too so Briggs can stop making threads about him. Fyi I like the kid too
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
5/23/2017  11:08 PM
EnySpree wrote:I hope the Knicks sign Christian wood too so Briggs can stop making threads about him. Fyi I like the kid too

true. But through the years I've been pretty good at finding the quality cheap player Risk/ reward is absolutely negligible -- you can't pay everyone 12 mm. I think he could not only make the team but contribute right away

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

5/23/2017  11:23 PM
Hey...if we can get him for a SL slot that would be nice...would like to see what he looks like in a more disciplined system, especially one where he has to make a lot of decisions.

Have we expressed any interest in him at this point?

Big difference between him and Whiteside, IMO, is that Whiteside understands his role and his place as a player...I have a feeling that Wood thinks he's a small forward at times. Doubt if any team is going to make him the focal point of their offense, so he has to find his niche as a player...something he has not been able to do so far.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

5/24/2017  12:19 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I hope the Knicks sign Christian wood too so Briggs can stop making threads about him. Fyi I like the kid too

true. But through the years I've been pretty good at finding the quality cheap player Risk/ reward is absolutely negligible -- you can't pay everyone 12 mm. I think he could not only make the team but contribute right away

Have you?

I don't doubt you've ID'ed some guys that have been decent, but are you also counting all the guys you've ID'ed that never turned into anything?

Honest question.

BRIGGS
5/24/2017  12:30 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Have you?

I don't doubt you've ID'ed some guys that have been decent, but are you also counting all the guys you've ID'ed that never turned into anything?

Honest question.

Of course. I liked Nate Wolters--didnt turn out as well--mainly because he cant shoot a 3. But the cheap player 2nd rounder is a hard market--you're going to miss some. But Ive done well on the boards dating back to calling Mike Redd as a second round pick years back. Last year I picked Brogdon in the draft for a 2nd rounder potential for the Knicks(as well as Derrick Jones and Bryn Forbes) and Seth Curry as a cheap free agent--thats not bad.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
5/24/2017  2:54 PM
Christian Wood is only 21? Hed be like getting a free 20 pick--if he was in school--hes EASILY be a top 15 pick now.
RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

5/24/2017  3:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Have you?

Honest question.

Of course. I liked Nate Wolters--didnt turn out as well--mainly because he cant shoot a 3. But the cheap player 2nd rounder is a hard market--you're going to miss some. But Ive done well on the boards dating back to calling Mike Redd as a second round pick years back. Last year I picked Brogdon in the draft for a 2nd rounder potential for the Knicks(as well as Derrick Jones and Bryn Forbes) and Seth Curry as a cheap free agent--thats not bad.

C'mon Briggs, this is almost exclusively your topic matter, there's been a LOT more than Nate Wolters.

A LOT more.

reub
Member: #6227

5/24/2017  4:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2017  4:38 PM
Grab Wood (lol) and then trade Koq (lol). Is that what you're saying?
BRIGGS
5/24/2017  6:00 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Have you?

Honest question.

C'mon Briggs, this is almost exclusively your topic matter, there's been a LOT more than Nate Wolters.

A LOT more.

A few but not too many. I'm of the Jeremy Lin Hassan Whiteside etc club.

RIP Crushalot😞
I hope they snag Christian Wood for our SL team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy